Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

wow im really surprised that the makers of poo poo like la la land are #withher chelsea 2020 edition :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Al! posted:

wait mccaine nl

omg lollipop

ive seen that guy's dick
funny thing is, iirc, he's a legit academic now who coauthors papers w mark blythe

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/superhayo/status/891503796358131712

How you can be this bad if you come from apartheid South Africa?

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Frijolero posted:

I'm still loving myself because I think Obama taking bribe money is bad.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Frijolero posted:

lol I can't telling if it's real

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the daily show, proud voice of anti-black authoritarianism

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Frijolero posted:

He's always been poo poo, and honestly Stewart had lovely opinions as well, but it was excused because he was usually funny.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Frijolero posted:

Because he's filthy rich now and is part of the american liberal elite

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Scent of Worf posted:

wealth is a disease

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Craig Kilborn would have called for the Black Panthers to return.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Frijolero posted:

They shoulda picked Bassem Youssef IMO

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Frijolero posted:

i can only assume he did this bit the day Donald trump advocated police brutality

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Frijolero posted:

Take a look at the lawman
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man, wonder if he'll ever know
He's in the best selling show

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/GovHowardDean/status/891593722370162688

We're going to Scotland, and Ireland, and Wales, and England! YEEEEEAAAARRRGGGHHHHHHHH!!!

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
god loving drat it, dean.

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
Dean interfering in the politics of other nations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
To be honest, I'd be more worried if he was throwing his support behind Corbyn.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i mean, correct me if i'm wrong here, but i am under the assumption that the lib-dems are even more inconsequential than the democrats are here in tennessee.

is corbyn's stance on not privatizing the nhs what has dean's clients making him dish out that hot-assed take?

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

i mean, correct me if i'm wrong here, but i am under the assumption that the lib-dems are even more inconsequential than the democrats are here in tennessee.

And then in thirty seconds' time I realized
I'll need the votes of common people
I must pretend to do the things that common people do
Then I'll poo poo on the common people
Then I'll poo poo on common people like you
What else would I do?
I'm a Tory. That's what we do.

(The most notable thing the Lib Dems have done in recent memory was form a coalition government with the Tories to put David Cameron into power. Make of that what you will.)

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

is corbyn's stance on not privatizing the nhs what has dean's clients making him dish out that hot-assed take?

A few years back the Lib Dems got elected by promising to be to the left of both the Tories and Labour. The second they got in power they abandoned all their promises and worked with the Tories to bring more punishing austerity to Britain. In the next election they lost a ton of seats and almost all their power.

You can see why the Democrats would like them

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I wonder how many people on Twitter believe simultaneously that Jill Stein is a Russian agent and third-party voters threw the election, and that the Lib Dems are the only way forward to save the UK

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

loquacius posted:

I wonder how many people on Twitter believe simultaneously that Jill Stein is a Russian agent and third-party voters threw the election, and that the Lib Dems are the only way forward to save the UK
Too many

I'd be happier if they had at least the voting thing right where no-confidence outvoted 3rd party in many states, as the other two delusions are not referencing from factual metrics.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

loquacius posted:

I don't think Jill Stein threw the election but I pinkie-swear she's a Russian agent!!

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

loquacius posted:

tbf jill stein's a pretty lovely person so i wouldn't put it past her to take a couple russian bribes

otoh lol at anyone who thinks this swung the election in any way, its jill stein who cares

if someone voted for jill stein that's their own sin to grapple with

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

gradenko_2000 posted:

As Maine Paineframe said farther upthread, when regressive conservatives tried to hold-up FDR's New Deal, he only pushed back harder and went for even more radical reforms. That he was stopped just short of packing the Supreme Court is indicative of him willing to throw decorum and bipartisanship to the wind in pursuit of his goals.

When regressive conservatives tried to make Obama a "one-term President", he just kinda rolled-over and said "eh, what're ya gonna do?"

And then we cheered him on as he "trolled" the GOP in 2015 and 2016 to little or no effect besides making a bunch of snappy headlines and one-liners.

I'm pretty sure Obama didn't do anything at any point after killing osama bin laden

maybe killing a fellow Muslim stripped Barack of his divine power I dunno

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

https://mobile.twitter.com/WrrrdNrrrdGrrrl/status/891643397009805312

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Yinlock posted:

otoh lol at anyone who thinks this swung the election in any way, its jill stein who cares

if someone voted for jill stein that's their own sin to grapple with

These two statements kind of contradict each other

Took me a second to realize these weren't just funny joke reviews :smith:

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Frijolero posted:

This is the day Trevor Noah became the Daily Show host.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

TheRallytoRestoreSanityand/orFear.txt

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

It's one thing to understand at an intellectual level that people are having to make these kinds of decisions, but stuff like this makes it more visceral and hits me in the chest. Then I remember that the democrats response to poo poo like this is that these people should spend more time on the ACA exchanges shopping for better deals and I want to start hitting them in the chest.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/GovHowardDean/status/891593722370162688

We're going to Scotland, and Ireland, and Wales, and England! YEEEEEAAAARRRGGGHHHHHHHH!!!

"forgo ideology" gently caress this poo poo

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

lol, my family has been buying fish antibiotics for years and yet we don't have any fish :thunk:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Taintrunner posted:

"forgo ideology" gently caress this poo poo

Howie Dean is like that Nowicki cartoon of Obama in Mt Doom except the ring is money rather than power

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

the dems have no realistic answers for anything. they claim they want to battle climate change, but then back oil pipelines to help oil companies produce and extract more oil...

and then poo poo like this comes out: 100 companies worldwide are responsible for 70% of greenhouse emissions:

quote:

ExxonMobil, Shell, BP and Chevron are identified as among the highest emitting investor-owned companies since 1988. If fossil fuels continue to be extracted at the same rate over the next 28 years as they were between 1988 and 2017, says the report, global average temperatures would be on course to rise by 4C by the end of the century. This is likely to have catastrophic consequences including substantial species extinction and global food scarcity risks.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

gently caress every Democrat thats against single payer, they are just as bad as Republicans.

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

He's always been poo poo, and honestly Stewart had lovely opinions as well, but it was excused because he was usually funny.

p much Daily show took a shittier downward turn during the bush years. With "bush is dumb" as a universal punchline their comedy suffered and they seemed to keep doubling down and shoving their heads further up their asses.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Scent of Worf posted:

iirc he wasn't even exactly struggling even before he came over here. at minimum he'd achieved comfortable affluence through radio and tv work.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Condiv posted:

the dems have no realistic answers for anything. they claim they want to battle climate change, but then back oil pipelines to help oil companies produce and extract more oil...

and then poo poo like this comes out: 100 companies worldwide are responsible for 70% of greenhouse emissions:

Don't forget how Dread Abuela working with US oil companies to overturn fracking bans in multiple Eurozone countries or thought 20 cent wage increase in Haiti was too much for clothing sweatshop workers.

Bad dems follow the rule, look at actions don't pay attention to talk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Iron Twinkie posted:

It's one thing to understand at an intellectual level that people are having to make these kinds of decisions, but stuff like this makes it more visceral and hits me in the chest. Then I remember that the democrats response to poo poo like this is that these people should spend more time on the ACA exchanges shopping for better deals and I want to start hitting them in the chest.

bad dems don't believe that healthcare is a human right.

• Locked thread