Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
hey atlus kozaki's free right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm free. I will finally set Persona 6 in a danged college.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm free. I will finally set Persona 6 in a danged college.

I will kill you before this happens

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Persona 7 will be set in an office building with a party of salarymen and OLs.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

shirobakosona

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Waffleman_ posted:

noooooooo!!!!!

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Tae posted:

It's time for Suzuhito Yasuda to get promoted for Persona 6

I hope it has PS VR compatibility.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm already dropping the trailer for Persona 8!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrQ5mOKwirE

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

Ratoslov posted:

Having pre-ordered Persona Q, I won't buy PQ2 without reviews assuring me it's not crap this time, honest.

It's dumb that Persona Q allegedly sold better than any of the Etrian Odyssey games since it had Persona characters in it, but expected I guess.
PQ already had too many characters so I hate to imagine how bloated the cast would get if the entire cast of Persona 5 got dumped into the game as well.

Arist posted:

I bought Innocent Sin for PSP and I have no idea how to do anything re: negotiation or the Velvet Room and I feel TRICKED

I got to the bunker at least so w/e

As far as using the Velvet Room it is really simple, each Persona costs a certain number of Tarot cards of its arcana to create. You have a stock of cards of every arcana which you collect by talking to demons.
There are also Free Tarot cards which can be converted into any other type of cards by talking to the Demon Artist in the Velvet Room.
If you have some spell cards then you can use them when creating the Persona to give it extra skills.

Unless you are collecting a lot of Free Tarot ahead of time then you pretty much have to figure out what Personas you want ahead of time and try to collect enough of the right type of cards to create them.
I always ended up writing down lists of what type of Tarot cards to get and it's a pain really.

The demons have 4 emotions, Joy (green), Interest (yellow), Anger (red), and Fear (blue), you will see the demon flash in this color each time you talk to them. Once you trigger one of these emotions 3 times the conversation will end. Anger will cause demons to attack and Fear will cause them to run away

You need to find the contact options which raise Interest (yellow), which you can try to figure out based on the demon's personality but generally it is just trial and error trying each character's contacts on the demon (you can also do contacts which use a combination of 2 or more characters)
Then repeat it 3 times so the demon will give you tarot cards in its Arcana.

It is usually a bit harder to do IIRC but the best thing to do is find the contact options which raise Joy (green) 3 times. Then the demon will ask you to enter a contract. After you enter a contract with a demon, whenever you raise Interest (yellow) 3 times in a conversation the demon will give you Free Tarot cards in addition to the normal type. Demons who you are in a contract with have a hexagram symbol under them
Basically the best thing to do is form contracts with the demons and talk to them every time to grind lots of Free Tarot cards

It's the worst negotiation and Velvet Room system in the series because it's very repetitive and grindy, you have to talk to the same demons using the same methods a lot of times. The character's contact methods are often funny the first few times but get old pretty quickly.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Waffleman_ posted:

this... would actually be pretty cool, I think.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

StandardVC10 posted:

this... would actually be pretty cool, I think.

Make a updated Catherine but persona office life sim mode.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
Make another Golden Playhouse game.

laplace
Oct 9, 2012

kcab dneb smra ym semitemos tub ,reh wonk I ekil leef I

Waffleman_ posted:

remember when: everyone thought this was gonna be p5

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
Adult characters / office setting or gay dating is never going to happen outside of Persona 2 so I wish people would stop complaining about it not being a thing whenever the future of the series is brought up.
I'd include female protagonist in that list as well but we did get P3P. (and I think then just because it didn't use anime cutscenes).

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

laplace posted:

remember when: everyone thought this was gonna be p5

No.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Waffleman_ posted:

I'll take 12 of them

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
Persona 5 was originally planned to be in an office building and star Original Character Do Not Steal from P4 Arena Ultimax and Nanako, this is just common knowledge

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Waffleman_ posted:

I've been begging for this for years.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Tae posted:

It's time for Suzuhito Yasuda to get promoted for Persona 6
:mad:

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
Persona spinoff where the main character is an Japanese exchange student in an entirely different country.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Item Getter posted:

Adult characters / office setting or gay dating is never going to happen outside of Persona 2 so I wish people would stop complaining about it not being a thing whenever the future of the series is brought up.
I'd include female protagonist in that list as well but we did get P3P. (and I think then just because it didn't use anime cutscenes).

I didn't know you ran atlas

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Item Getter posted:

gay dating already happened in persona 3 portable so i think youve just created a time paradox

ps: even if it never happens, why shouldn't people be allowed to complain. especially about that second thing. theyre probably never going to get rid of main character death = game over either and people complain about that.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I don't think it counts if its a robot or a extradimensional being

I mean they wouldn't even let us bang Theodore as a dude, what's up with that?

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Every time I see that Persona Q logo, it makes me think the game's going to be some kind of Scooby-Doo style mystery game.

On to another topic, I read something about there being a new SMT game coming out for the Nintendo Switch. Has there been any more details on that? I found a video but seems to be about it.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

Please let it not be Seiji Kishi again.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I can't wait for the multiple full episodes covering just the aftermath of Sae's Palace.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
this time the anime is funky

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Neeksy posted:

Please let it not be Seiji Kishi again.
Please let it be a proper length series so that they can cover everything this time around in one loving go (If Stardust Crusaders and Diamond is Unbreakable can get 48 and 40 episodes respectively, I don't see why the most popular JoJo's Bizarre Adventure ripoff out there cannot).

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5vb9yv

Youtube is getting automatic take downs. This one is still online.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I know I shouldn't feel excited, but goddamn, I like every single voice actor involved in this (especially Y.Aoi and Sugita)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Wark Say posted:

I know I shouldn't feel excited, but goddamn, I like every single voice actor involved in this (especially Y.Aoi and Sugita)

I mean, those were the voice actors in the game, so it says literally nothing about the anime in particular.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I have to admit that I put the English voices during my first play-through. I currently have no intention of playing through the game again right now (unless Atlus announces that they're doing a Vita port along with the anime, which doesn't seem very likely right now, but I would buy in a loving heartbeat), but in my next play-through, I do plan to play with the Japanese dub.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Wark Say posted:

I have to admit that I put the English voices during my first play-through. I currently have no intention of playing through the game again right now (unless Atlus announces that they're doing a Vita port along with the anime, which doesn't seem very likely right now, but I would buy in a loving heartbeat), but in my next play-through, I do plan to play with the Japanese dub.

How dare you play with the english voices. Turn in your anime card and pick up a pair of dungarees on your way out.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

:geno:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Coughing Hobo posted:

How dare you play with the english voices. Turn in your anime card and pick up a pair of dungarees on your way out.
Nah. I'm a cotton shorts kinda guy outside of work. ;)

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Coughing Hobo posted:

no

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Who said you had a choice in the matter you English-listening criminal scum!!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

What're you gonna do about it, change my heart?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Heh, who said I was the protagonist? kills ur shadow