Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite arc?
The Hunter Exam
Heaven's Arena
Yorknew City
Greed Island
The Chimera Ants
The 13th Hunter Chairman Election
View Results

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I'm voting for legalize ganja king, I dunno about you guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Salesale is gonna unleash the biggest party ever known to mankind at the banquet. Even the well drawn turkey will pale in comparison.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i don't understand what you replying to.

Shugojin posted:

i think that's aimed at whoever is only on episode 37 of the anime

that person is gonna see some Serious poo poo

Yeah, my bad I don't know how I quoted that by accident

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
Holy poo poo even Sale "Partyboi" Sale has a plan to take it all. This volume is getting so packed god drat. We should have a poll on the order of deaths and award the winner some dumb avatar.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Considering the timescale it's going to unfold on, we might as well form a tontine.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

turboraton posted:

award the winner some dumb avatar.

expected delivery date: 2040

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Is there a way to only buy the digital chapter of HxH vs just the entire sub of SJ? I only read HxH so idk if it's worth it and I just realized I have no idea wtf the scanlations are going on about for the last updates. For example, I pay $1.99 via Play Store for same-day digital manga chapter from Yenplus.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
http://www.strawpoll.me/13568384 Here for you betting people.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

Wildcard, voting Zhang Lee because I doubt it sincerely but there's always the potential for a complete curve-ball.

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk:
I'm feeling Benjamin will be the first to go because he's such a big threat, and the closest to being publicly hostile.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

this is going to be fully insane when we get the rest of it in ten years

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

i voted woble because im a badass rebel who dont play by the rules

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
benjamin has to die because if he doesn't, then he would definitely kill kurapika. even if he and his bodyguards are kinda lovely nen users, there are still like 30 of them.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Generally speaking, this sorta thing goes down one of three ways: the biggest contender goes down first, the biggest loser goes down first, or the most helpful person goes down first.

Benjamin's probably got the biggest target on his back out of all the princes. Ignoring nen beasts as the equalizing factor, he's the prince with the most resources at his disposal, the most advantages, and is himself an incredibly powerful and dangerous individual. He's had a lot of screen time - meaning nobody will necessarily feel "Cheated" if he dies (unlike, say, if Marayam were to die without us really getting to know anything about him) - and he's also the Big Tough Strong Guy on board, which years of reading shounen comics has taught me is always the first to die. I actually kinda hope he doesn't die (immediately) since its so expected, but we'll see how things turn out.

Zhang Lee's been the most reasonable prince thus far, willing to meet people half way. Now that he's offered to help Kurapika it's very tempting to think the two of them will never meet again. Halkenburg arguably also fits here since he's allegedly the most rational and fair of all the princes.

As for the biggest "Loser," that really depends on the metric you use. Hedonists tend to be popular picks here, meaning Sale-sale and Luzurus both have good odds (or maybe "Bad" odds). Taithon's another prince with a high likelihood of getting killed quickly, being a vain (yet ugly), self-obsessed person. Cammy'd be a natural to slot in here if she weren't the second-born, with all the advantages that entails. Kacho could fit in here as well, though I have a hunch Melody's need to solve the puzzle of her employer's personality will keep her alive.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Fugetsu because that would be the most tragic

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
I think it's going to be Tubeppa, because everyone else is either too important or not important enough, and he's trying to make deals with Tserreidnich so that's totally going to backfire onto him spectacularly. He's just enough of a major player to shake up the game and be a major shock, reasonable enough with his goals for it to hit the audience hard, and if it is Tsereidnich's doing then it will help build him up as a major antagonistic force.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Davinci posted:

I think it's going to be Tubeppa, because everyone else is either too important or not important enough, and he's trying to make deals with Tserreidnich so that's totally going to backfire onto him spectacularly. He's just enough of a major player to shake up the game and be a major shock, reasonable enough with his goals for it to hit the audience hard, and if it is Tsereidnich's doing then it will help build him up as a major antagonistic force.

She.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

TurkeyFried posted:

I'm feeling Benjamin will be the first to go because he's such a big threat, and the closest to being publicly hostile.

Benjamin or woble will win

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Do you ever just feel like saying "Swink Swinko" out loud?

Asking for a friend

Surprisingly Dope
Jan 12, 2011

Lope burgs again
I have a feeling a lot of guards are going to get extremely murdered by Nen Beasts.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Surprisingly Dope posted:

I have a feeling a lot of guards are going to get extremely murdered by Nen Beasts.

At least all of the guards in Momoze's room are going to be slaughtered.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I'm interested to see how the other Nen beasts attack. Momoze's taking control of people is a good way of indirectly killing other princes. The bloodsucking one will hopefully have more to it than just direct killing.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Pewdiepie posted:

At least all of the guards in Momoze's room are going to be slaughtered.

All of Hareknburg's guards were already killed, too. They were all dead when he came back from speaking to the King.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
I dont think the beasts can even indirectly kill other princes.
Their purpose is the allow the prince's true qualities to come forth

That's also incidentally why i think benjamin is going to win. He's probably going to lose a whooole lot
But he has a good head on his shoulders, and the other's faults will catch up to them in karmic ways.

I just dont see them Kill A Baby on screen tho so who knows

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Schubalts posted:

All of Hareknburg's guards were already killed, too. They were all dead when he came back from speaking to the King.

Wait I thought that was an illusion

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Schubalts posted:

Yeah but now they are Ok.

And Halkenburg has a weird feather on his hand. Which I should note his beast is the one that has feathers, I think it's possible it showed him a vision of the future.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

frajaq posted:

Wait I thought that was an illusion

Hadn't read the latest chapter yet. It could have been, but him seeing them all alive and smiling at him could be the illusion (has any bodyguard other than Tyson's and Benjamin's smiled at their prince?). We don't have a confirmation either way, yet, but something is definitely wrong in Harkenburg's quarters.

Schubalts fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Jul 30, 2017

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Schubalts posted:

Hadn't read the latest chapter yet. It could have been, but him seeing them all alive and smiling at him could be the illusion (has any bodyguard other than Tyson's and Benjamin's smiled at their prince?). We don't have a confirmation either way, yet, but something is definitely wrong in Harkenburg's quarters.

As a son of the Second Queen he should only have one of Benjamin's guards around to worry about. The rest would all have been selected by him.

The weird feather sticking out of his hand. Which likely came from his beast, is likely the reason for what he saw.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

MonsterEnvy posted:

Yeah but now they are Ok.

And Halkenburg has a weird feather on his hand. Which I should note his beast is the one that has feathers, I think it's possible it showed him a vision of the future.

I didn't consider this and it'd be pretty cool.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

So im guessing either the princes are all hereditary nen masters or something.

Or the pot ceremony nen parasites are less parasite and much more symbiote.

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

So I watched this up to and including most of the Chimera Ant arc when I suddenly realized I was watching DBZ character analogs grunt at each other for whole episodes again and immediately quit out of shame. Does it ever go back to the fun days of the hunter exam or the fisherman/assassin bromance of the Zoldyck Family arc? Does weird gay murderclown ever show up again?

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Gawain The Blind posted:

So I watched this up to and including most of the Chimera Ant arc when I suddenly realized I was watching DBZ character analogs grunt at each other for whole episodes again and immediately quit out of shame. Does it ever go back to the fun days of the hunter exam or the fisherman/assassin bromance of the Zoldyck Family arc? Does weird gay murderclown ever show up again?

Funny, most people have problems with the tone of HxH at the start, too happy/shonen, and like it better later.

Murderclown will appear again.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Gawain The Blind posted:

The next arc is uh kinda happy?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Kild posted:

The next arc is uh kinda happy?

The election arc is a big change of pace from the Chimera Ant arc as it's less fighting and nen and more Hunter Association politics and Zoldyck family drama. It's still really good and we get to see the return of Leorio and how he's been.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the chimera ant arc drags at times, but it ends very, very strongly

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

the chimera ant arc drags at times, but it ends very, very strongly

You might say explosively

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

Xelkelvos posted:

The election arc is a big change of pace from the Chimera Ant arc as it's less fighting and nen and more Hunter Association politics and Zoldyck family drama. It's still really good and we get to see the return of Leorio and how he's been.

See that sounds a lot better to me.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
If you got that far into Chimera Ant and what you got out of it was "DBZ analogs grunt at each other" then you weren't paying any attention.

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
I'd just recommend him any other shonen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The VIZ translation of Chrollo's and Kaccho's scenes offer a bit more clarity, the Luzurus scene was basically perfectly on the money though.

MS

VIZ

MS

VIZ