Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tom Perez B/K/M?
This poll is closed.
B 77 25.50%
K 160 52.98%
M 65 21.52%
Total: 229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

The real brains are with shitposters who never win poo poo in spite of the clear majority who they know see things their way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

yronic heroism posted:

The real brains are with shitposters who never win poo poo.

Nobody cares

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

NewForumSoftware posted:

It's not slavery when Trump does it

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

yronic heroism posted:

The real brains are with shitposters who never win poo poo in spite of the clear majority who they know see things their way.

Don't sign your posts.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

yronic heroism posted:

We'd have full communism now if not for those wily Demo(n)crats!!!

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

yronic heroism posted:

a harsh critique of centrists, but fair

they've lost so hard we now have an orange reality tv show star as president!

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

it's still kinda hard to believe that centrists had $1.2billion, an overwhelming spending advantage, and still managed to flub the election

they had music videos with celebrities dancing and singing their praises! the centrists were supposed to be supremely electable and they were gonna get all the soft-republicans! what happened?

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Condiv posted:

it's still kinda hard to believe that centrists had $1.2billion, an overwhelming spending advantage, and still managed to flub the election

they had music videos with celebrities dancing and singing their praises! the centrists were supposed to be supremely electable and they were gonna get all the soft-republicans! what happened?

It's still hilarious how that one guy from HIllary's campaign was saying that disillusioned Romney voters were the way forward after Clinton lost and accidentally revealed that this bullshit ad polled really well with them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrX3Ql31URA

(Also lol, I've never seen this ad before. Guess my area wasn't the target democratic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4q2oLn8Bmfo)

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Living in Florida, I saw those ads ALL THE loving TIME.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Groovelord Neato posted:

lol no he will not. curt schilling is loving insane.

He convinced the state to give him a multimillion dollar loan for his video game company that went under anyway; he can do anything, he can even be President of the United States.

Condiv posted:

It's very easy to believe they lost; they spent all that money telling people to vote for conservatives, and the conservatives won. Mission accomplished! :toot:

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jul 30, 2017

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Mister Facetious posted:

He convinced the state to give him a multimillion dollar loan for his video game company that went under anyway; he can do anything, he can even be President of the United States.

that was Rhode Island not Massachusetts iirc

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

WampaLord posted:

Living in Florida, I saw those ads ALL THE loving TIME.

Yep, seemed like every commercial break.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

FuriousxGeorge posted:

What exactly has Dean done to separate himself from them?

When he was chair of the DNC he helped create the super majority and get Obama elected.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Remember that People's Platform I mentioned earlier? Nina Turner tried to deliver a petition on it to the DNC and was blocked by a barricade and security. Excuse was given that it was a fire marshal order and that people were restricted from access. It's kind of hilarious that when you watch video on it you can see people coming and going. Nina turn is an actual member of the DNC and former Ohio senator. She was supposed to speak at the last convention to introduce Sanders and it was all set, but the DNC last minute pulled her from the itinerary, most likely because she refused to back Clinton.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jul 30, 2017

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

Dmitri-9 posted:

When he was chair of the DNC he helped create the super majority and get Obama elected.

Didn't he do that by supporting a bunch of blue dogs? I don't know how much of an accomplishment that actually is.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Kokoro Wish posted:

Remember that People's Platform I mentioned earlier? Nina Turner tried to deliver a petition on it to the DNC and was blocked by a barricade and security. Excuse was given that it was a fire marshal order and that people were restricted from access. It's kind of hilarious that when you watch video on it you can see people coming and going. Nina turn is an actual member of the DNC and former Ohio senator. She was supposed to speak at the last convention to introduce Sanders and it was all set, but the DNC last minute pulled her from the itinerary, most likely because she refused to back Clinton.

the dems need to stop being lovely and racist to nina turner :(

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Mister Facetious posted:

not us. he left because they gave him the stupid loan.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Falstaff posted:

Didn't he do that by supporting a bunch of blue dogs? I don't know how much of an accomplishment that actually is.

"Not an incompetent con artist" is pretty faint praise.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

yronic heroism posted:

Ah, here's the wonderful "have you considered leftists have not already won :smuggo:" argument I mentioned in my earlier post.

Peachfart posted:

We'd have full communism now if not for those wily Demo(n)crats!!!

This "full communism now" stuff is another example of an argument commonly used by stupid liberals who confuse "anything to the left of the status quo" with "literally Stalin."

edit: The problem is that you can't really argue with people like this, because they know in their heart of hearts that the left is full of racists (despite statistics proving this wrong). You can't persuade them otherwise, because they'll perceive any counterargument as "someone who knows they're guilty flailing around."

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Jul 31, 2017

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Ytlaya posted:

Ah, here's the wonderful "have you considered leftists have not already won :smuggo:"

It has little to do with leftism (or centrism for that matter) and everything to do with babbies thinking they and they alone represent the end of history.

Same poo poo whether it's a hillaryman or the berniest of bros. I've seen it from em all.

yronic heroism fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Jul 31, 2017

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Ytlaya posted:

Ah, here's the wonderful "have you considered leftists have not already won :smuggo:" argument I mentioned in my earlier post.

It's all they have left. Corporate dems can't win any arguments with the left on scientific grounds, or economic grounds, or even moral grounds. For a while they could argue on pragmatic grounds that they're the only ones who can beat conservatives, but now that they've failed by their own standards all they have left is "well you lost the primary :smugdog:"

Also they're fine with conservatives winning because that means low taxes, so a Trump presidency forever is still an acceptable outcome compared with a top tax rate of 42%

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

VitalSigns posted:

It's all they have left. Corporate dems can't win any arguments with the left on scientific grounds, or economic grounds, or even moral grounds. For a while they could argue on pragmatic grounds that they're the only ones who can beat conservatives, but now that they've failed by their own standards all they have left is "well you lost the primary :smugdog:"

Also they're fine with conservatives winning because that means low taxes, so a Trump presidency forever is still an acceptable outcome compared with a top tax rate of 42%

If this is the level of psychoanalysis the the far-left has to work with, it's no wonder they haven't been able to capitalize on the weakness of the Dems. :sad:

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
lol peachfarts is a clinton toxx rereg

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Groovelord Neato posted:

lol no he will not. curt schilling is loving insane.
Isn't that the guy who lost a fortune on Kingoms of Amalur: Reckoning?

"Hey let's release an Elder Scrolls play-alike three months after the next Elder Scrolls game is due for release! What could possibly go wrong?"

I guess they were banking on Skyrim being a flop, but welp :v:

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

yronic heroism posted:

Uh sorry you and your centrist shitheel buddies are going to have to wait at least a few more months before "we're the electable ones" has even a chance of working ever again. In the meantime crawl back to whatever shithole you spawned from T.I.A.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

VitalSigns posted:

Apropos of nothing: what are your thoughts on the 2nd amendment these days? It's been a while since we've had a good gun thread.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Kilroy posted:

Uh sorry you and your centrist shitheel buddies are going to have to wait at least a few more months before "we're the electable ones" has even a chance of working ever again. In the meantime crawl back to whatever shithole you spawned from T.I.A.

Nobody cares

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
loses every election: heh

continues losing elections: :smug:

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
golly I sure am tired of all these divisions in the democratic party *drowns an immigrant baby in a bathtub* please donate to the DNC *spends tens of millions sucking off suburban republicans in georgia* nobody cares *murdered by the last generation of humans to remember what a light switch is for*

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It's been amazing watching Hillaries devolve right back into utterly unearned smugness despite losing as badly as it's possible to lose against a senile reality TV star

Would they even be this obnoxious if they won?

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Inescapable Duck posted:

It's been amazing watching Hillaries devolve right back into utterly unearned smugness despite losing as badly as it's possible to lose against a senile reality TV star

I think it would probably be the same, although there would be more emphasis on "perfect is the enemy of the good."

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

Actually a lot of people care a lot. Politicians are loving over our lives for ignorance and greed.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Inescapable Duck posted:

they were sabotaged!

(by their candidate's incompetence)

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Ah, the centrist ideology of we can do whatever we want to ruin other people's lives because the pleb physiognomy doesn't allow for critical thought. Go gently caress yourself.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

isn't it odd how idiotic centrists like yronic heroism and peachfart are saying we should suppport centrists cause they know how to win? maybe they didn't get the memo that centrists are so zen now they've moved past winning

quote:

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) on Sunday said it is “unimportant” for Democrats to win the midterm elections in 2018.

During an appearance on “Fox News Sunday,” host Chris Wallace asked Pelosi to estimate the chances that Democrats win back the lower chamber back in 2018 and whether she would run again for speaker if they did.

“That’s so unimportant. What is important is that we have the lively debate on a better deal,” Pelosi said.

“Better pay. Better jobs and a better future. And that’s what we look forward to having. And we have unity in our party. You saw it with the fight on the Affordable Care Act in the House and in the Senate."

Wallace during the interview also asked Pelosi if Democrats need newer leaders, noting that the members of her party’s House leadership are all over 75.

“I am a master legislator. I know the budget to the n-th degree. I know the motivation of people,” responded Pelosi, who has faced criticism from some in her party recently.

“I respect the people who are in Congress. I think this is a great moment for those of us who understand what is at stake with the Affordable Care Act.”

“So I feel very confident about the support that I have in my caucus. I have never not been opposed within my caucus,” Pelosi added.

Democrats sought to make several special elections earlier this year a referendum on President Trump's first several months in office, but Republicans managed to hold onto all of the seats vacated by the president's Cabinet nominees.

at least leftists are gonna try to win in 2018 :smug:

too bad centrists don't really see that as important :smugjones:

Condiv fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Jul 31, 2017

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pelosi's corporate donors told her "we want Trump's tax breaks, don't you dare gently caress that up for us"

Fire her into the sun

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

Condiv posted:

isn't it odd how idiotic centrists like yronic heroism and peachfart are saying we should suppport centrists cause they know how to win? maybe they didn't get the memo that centrists are so zen now they've moved past winning

at least leftists are gonna try to win in 2018 :smug:

too bad centrists don't really see that as important :smugjones:

Centrists lack pragmatism. They react only with emotion, not well informed pure calculated logic like the political side I support.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Centrists lack pragmatism. They react only with emotion, not well informed pure calculated logic like the political side I support.

Don't you leftists understand that these 'feelings', as you call them, can get in the way of tax breaks for the upper class?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

FuriousxGeorge posted:

How can you look at Nancy "We Aren't Even Trying To Win" Pelosi and think she's not so bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

steinrokkan posted:

How can you look at Nancy "We Aren't Even Trying To Win" Pelosi and think she's not so bad

Something something about Trump saying he'll win so much we'll get tired of it and ask him to stop winning.

• Locked thread