Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
They should have filed for bankruptcy the second they agreed on the name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

"CotA is a bad track" is the most hilariously bullshit and try-hard meme these threads have ever produced. It literally just apparated out of nothing like the least interesting ghost. MAYBE I'll buy that Viking hated it from the start, as he is a professional contrarian, but the initial reception was almost universally positive and it has only ever produced decent-to-good racing.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I like CotA. I don't like the name and haven't since the first day.

I've never actually seen anything but F1 race on COTA either to be fair but I love the run up a cliffside and into a kink that is turn 1 quite a bit.

Lord Crapulus
Feb 12, 2003

About as successful at Le Mans as Toyota
I didn't hate CotA (besides the terrible name) until I raced it on iRacing, now I loving HATE IT

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Its bad

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

wicka posted:

"CotA is a bad track" is the most hilariously bullshit and try-hard meme these threads have ever produced. It literally just apparated out of nothing like the least interesting ghost. MAYBE I'll buy that Viking hated it from the start, as he is a professional contrarian, but the initial reception was almost universally positive and it has only ever produced decent-to-good racing.

i hated cota from the start because it is a piece of poo poo that pisses any potential it had down its leg as hard as possible

driving it in forza made me hate it even more because my good christ is it miserable to drive

it is a bad track

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

seriously look at how steep the hill going into turn 1 is

now look at what places like spa, watkins glen, laguna seca etc. did with major elevation changes and cry as cota just did another patented Turn One Hairpin like every other loving track designed in the past 30 years

cota is garbage and so is modern track design in general

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

wicka posted:

agreed

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

financially racist posted:

i hated cota from the start

I do not believe you.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Cota is bad because F1 is involved with it, and nobody in America is allowed to like Formula 1.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I enjoyed the v8 supercar race i watched there

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

wicka posted:

I do not believe you.

go back and find my posts from all the way back when the layout was first revealed because i disliked it from then

like, a bunch of corners from other tracks hamfistedly mashed together looked like fuckin poo poo right from the start. i said then and repeat now that it was the biggest indictment of how lacking in creativity modern track designers are that the best they could do is slam a bunch of turns from other tracks together and call it a day.

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jul 30, 2017

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

wicka posted:

I hated COTA when it was first announced because:
A) Tilke track
B) "Circuit of the Americas"
C) FIA and Formula 1's horseshit "finally america has a quality track" statements
D) gently caress Texas

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Peanut President posted:

A) Tilke track
C) FIA and Formula 1's horseshit "finally america has a quality track" statements
D) gently caress Texas

yeah pretty much this

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

CotA sucks in video games also it's in Texas. It's bad.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

quote:

CotA sucks

As is often the case, it's not the track that sucks but the cars that drive on it.

Example of CotA not sucking:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEX5dvw50wQ

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

CotA is a good track that maximum MAYBE 1-2 of you folks didn't like when it was first built.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
yeah, and thru time, everybody else now doesn't like it, since it is a bad track

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

OhsH posted:

yeah, and thru time, everybody else now doesn't like it, since it is a bad track

Why? What bad races have you seen there? You're just trying to be edgy, it's sad really.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
It's not fun to drive in video games, there fore i do not like the track. A lot of tracks I do not enjoy pump out plenty of good racing, it doesn't make me like the track itself any more.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wow, Reddit has a weird interface these days.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
It still has the same amount of idiots, though.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Peanut President posted:

A) Tilke track
D) gently caress Texas

the correct take

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Laguna Seca is completely forgettable outside the corkscrew.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Minto Took posted:

But its fun to drive in games so now I dont know what to think!

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Minto Took posted:

i mean yeah pretty much. it isn't bad however, just kinda average.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

wicka posted:

Wow, Reddit has a weird interface these days.

Turn your monitor on.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
God forbid that people dislike a race track that WICKA, ARBITER OF ALL TAKES, likes.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Peanut President posted:

God forbid that people dislike a race track that WICKA, ARBITER OF ALL TAKES, likes.

I'm sorry I think it's stupid that you've fabricated dislike for a race track without literally a single reason.

E: My bad, that was untrue. "Being internet edgy" counts as a reason.

wicka fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jul 30, 2017

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

why do you care so much about that firmly forgettable race track wicka

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Cygni posted:

why do you care so much about that firmly forgettable race track wicka

Y'all poo poo up every single race thread any time you have the flimsiest excuse to mention CotA. I am way better than you at thread making GBS threads. Please, god, just grant me reprieve from your CotA takes.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Both COTA and wicka are poo poo.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

njsykora posted:

It is known

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

wicka posted:

I am way better than you at thread making GBS threads.

i'll take that bet

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

OhsH posted:

i'll take that bet

Scroll up.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
I would but my fingers are broken

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

njsykora posted:

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

harperdc posted:

Dieselgate made Audi's P1 diesel program troublesome from a marketing perspective, and from a financial one as well. They'd probably still be in P1.

Porsche would've stayed as well but in this case now they didn't want to be left holding the bag, and needed the pocket change to go towards Dieselgate payouts (now and in the future). VW would be in rallying still too no doubt.

Would Audi and Porsche still go to Formula E? Most likely. It's cheap. They could've done both. But VAG needs almost half a billion per year for other things.

Back onto VAG and Porsche:
Turns out Porsche is copping a 22,000 car recall related to dieselgate itself [and on it's most profitable and least Porsche like car, to boot]. It was announced the same day that Porsche announced they were pulling out of LMP1. I do not believe this is a coincidence [they would've found out a bit before Le Mans that they were about to get nailed, which is roughly when all the stories I didn't buy about Porsche pulling out of Le Mans started coming out].

Audi would probably still be racing it's TDi, and Porsche might still be racing the 919, but VAG is a garbage company and always will be. Audi was already in Formula E, and it's not like Formula E has a genuine fan base - definitely not compared to Le Mans [not saying WEC, saying Le Mans].

Seriously, gently caress VAG forever and ever.
Turn Porsches into cookie-cutter sports cars, give them electric and all wheel steering and give the world the abomination that is "the Porsche Cayenne" [and also "the Porsche Macan"].
Lets not even go into what they're doing to Lambo.

Schlesische fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Jul 31, 2017

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I'm probably gonna buy a Cayman within 4 to 5 years, hope that helps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Wirth1000 posted:

I'm probably gonna buy a Cayman within 4 to 5 years, hope that helps.

I'd say buy an old 911, but outside of the uggo one they're all worth like 6x what a new 911 is.

• Locked thread