Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Team Fancy Cats!!!!

Danault - Granlund - Kucherov
Hagelin - Johnson - Gallagher
x - Karlsson - x

Brodie - Parayko
Matheson - Vatanen

so far - I like it. let's go team half-assedly thrown together 2nd and 3rd liners (plus Kucherov)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Well I still have a ton of cap space so give me Zdeno Chara I guess. He's old now but he's still good. His cap hit is only 4M in the last year of his deal too which seems fine for someone I'm sticking on the second pairing.

Skinner-Scheifele-Aho
Henrique-Krejci-Buchnevich
TBD-Spooner-TBD

Fowler-McAvoy
Chara-TBD

Gibson

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
ThinkTank (8:22 PM EST)

Technetium

Jordan7hm

Furnaceface

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Well I still have a ton of cap space so give me Zdeno Chara I guess. He's old now but he's still good. His cap hit is only 4M in the last year of his deal too which seems fine for someone I'm sticking on the second pairing.

Skinner-Scheifele-Aho
Henrique-Krejci-Buchnevich
TBD-Spooner-TBD

Fowler-McAvoy
Chara-TBD

Gibson

If I'd realized Chara had the PA settlement making his salary that low this year I would have grabbed him. Chara is definitely a lolcap.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Now that I'm home, let me explain the Vatrano pick:
-He's young
-He's a LW
-He has good fancy stats
-It's the 11th round everybody remaining sucks.

There you go.

Vatrano - Couturier - Pominville
x - Lindholm - Puljujarvi
x - x - x
x - x - x

Hedman - Klingberg
Klefbom - Pesce
x - Pysyk

Talbot
x

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

In the 11th round the Bruins select Justin Braun.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Vatrano is a fine pick but that guy is not a first line winger.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Jordan7hm posted:

Its the 11th round there are no first line wingers left so he gets the spot by default.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Jordan7hm posted:

He's slotted as a first line winger for now until I get somebody better who'll push him down. At least, that's what I'm hoping for.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

corn on the cop posted:

Mentholmoose selects the other Swede on the Canucks, Alex Edler.

kinda silly hes been picked this far down

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Looks like I'm up so I'm going to take someone I'm suprised is still here with Troy Stecher to fill out my top 4 and hope he continues to improve. Already a solid 2nd pair defenseman in his first year at 23 on a terrible team with room to grow.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I'm gonna take Ondrej Kase. His numbers in the AHL were great for a guy his age, and his possession stats were really good for a rookie. He had real bad shooting luck, I'm hoping this was just a bit of an unlucky year in that regard for him.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I had Stecher on my list and I was hoping the Canucks factor would let him slip another few rounds. I was looking to jump on him maybe when it came back to me in the 14th. Still a decent pick here.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Furnaceface posted:

Its the 11th round there are no first line wingers left so he gets the spot by default.

There are, you gms are all just blinded by ageism.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

Teemu Pokemon posted:

I had Stecher on my list and I was hoping the Canucks factor would let him slip another few rounds. I was looking to jump on him maybe when it came back to me in the 14th. Still a decent pick here.

The bottom half of the draft has three Canucks fans and if I wasn't taking him, I doubt Verviticus or ThinkTank would have let him slip much further.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

That is true

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Also he was next up for Team Autopick so there was no way he would've entered the 12th round unpicked.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Furnace, Ginette, Jonathan and JoJo to open the morning.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

JoelJoel posted:

There are, you gms are all just blinded by ageism.

Challenge accepted.

Rangers take Patrick Marleau and his big bad contract.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
patrick marleau is closer to a 3rd-liner these days

Ginette Reno selects Chris Wideman.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

corn on the cop posted:

patrick marleau is closer to a 3rd-liner these days

Ginette Reno selects Chris Wideman.

noooooooooo

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Verviticus posted:

kinda silly hes been picked this far down

I was really close to taking him, but I was really set on taking a RHD.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I'll take Ben Hutton because he's better than what he showed last year

That means my team is currently

Taylor Hall- Leon Draisaitl- Josh Anderson
Evander Kane - Sam Bennett - Jannik Hansen
XXX - Sam Gagner - XXX

Ben Hutton - Shea Webber
Ryan Suter - XXX
XXX - XXX

Andrei Vasilevskiy
XXX

ThinkTank fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Jul 31, 2017

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Up next:
JoelJoel (until 2:00 PM EST)
Yaya
lazerwolf
Habibi

Still to pick:
Jonathan Fisk (1)

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Yaya selects everyone's favorite journeyman defenseman, David Schlemko.

Lazerwolf up, followed by Habibi and eXXon.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

corn on the cop posted:

Yaya selects everyone's favorite journeyman defenseman, David Schlemko.

Lazerwolf up, followed by Habibi and eXXon.

I can confirm I told corncop to draft for me right away if I wasn't there, Schlemko is pretty good and I can't believe Vegas gave him away for essentially peanuts

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
Minnesota Wild select defenseman Erik Johnson

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

GImme Del Zotto.

I've resigned to only ice players that excel in offense and nothing else, so he should fit nicely. Hopefully, he can stay healthy and not be made to look too bad by the Canucks around him.

He's another lefty and has a lot of the same problems as Ghost so he'll either slide down the lineup and get some pp time or.. well, I'll figure that out. Whatever, he fits the age and style of my team and only costs 3mil for a couple more seasons.

Benn - Nylander - Zbad
Parise - Brassard - Fast

De Haan - Green
Del Zotto - Ghost

Bob

That second line D will be interesting to watch! I'm banking on a lot of goals and Bob to save me.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Habibi
eXXon
Verviticus
etc.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

lazerwolf posted:

Minnesota Wild select defenseman Erik Johnson

I almost took this guy like every pick since Hamonic I just couldn't justify that much money in a #2 RD. No reason he should be going this late though, unless this draft is full of nothing but doctors who have some insider knowledge on EJ.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'll take Scott Darling

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I almost took this guy like every pick since Hamonic I just couldn't justify that much money in a #2 RD. No reason he should be going this late though, unless this draft is full of nothing but doctors who have some insider knowledge on EJ.

I'm sorry but I'm afraid Erik Johnson has Avalanche-itis. It's terminal.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Scott Darling was one of the few goaltenders left that didn't make me feel bad about myself

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

No Andrew Hammond for me this time

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
eXXon selects Casey "Killer" Cizikas.

Due Up:
Verviticus (7:00 PM EST)

On Deck:
Iodized QQ

In the Hole:
stab

Still to Pick:
Habibi

corn on the cop fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jul 31, 2017

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Don't mind me!!! Timezones are hard

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
alright, rolling the dice on nick ritchie. first real year in the nhl was whatever, but hes young. i need a winger that maybe scores but doesnt play defence, because the rest of my drat team does that part

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Iodized QQ has until 8:31 PM EST. stab then Autopick right after before stab goes again to start Round 12.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Verviticus posted:

alright, rolling the dice on nick ritchie. first real year in the nhl was whatever, but hes young. i need a winger that maybe scores but doesnt play defence, because the rest of my drat team does that part

I was trying to decide between him and Kase. I think his draft pedigree will mean he gets more chances going forward, but Anaheim has a system that heavily favours "guy who plays with Perry and Getzlaf" and everyone else kind of has to carry their own weight. If Rakell hadn't had such a good season that might have been Ritchie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

drat I was really hoping to grab Ritchie next

• Locked thread