Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MotU posted:

also she shoudl only wear the red contacts for BIG matches and her tagline for them shoudl be "now u will see . . . . . . the dark side of the Moon"

Backstage she introduces Patrick Clark under his revised gimmick name, Floyd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

MotU posted:

also she shoudl only wear the red contacts for BIG matches and her tagline for them shoudl be "in the name of the Moon . . . . . . I'll punish you"

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

that red contacts imply somehting BESTIAL and DARK that makes no fuckign sense!!! !!

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!
They should give her a mat version called the total eclipse and then a top rope version called the total eclipse of the heart

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WAManeuver/status/890976712787456000

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

The crowd is shushing each other because they need to concentrate as they frantically google Mauro's references

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I love That mauro yells out I read black twitter every show he commentates.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

The_Rob posted:

I love That mauro yells out I read black twitter every show he commentates.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/891124749883121664

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

rove how come liv wasn't on the show

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013

Super No Vacancy posted:

rove how come liv wasn't on the show

not very good

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

https://twitter.com/ShawnMichaels/status/890731078721339394

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Shawn looking like a fan drawing of his own face here

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

MotU posted:

that red contacts imply somehting BESTIAL and DARK that makes no fuckign sense!!! !!

Also Sasha would bury her for stealing her gimmick.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/ShawnMichaels/status/891460170257182721

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

well one of your eyes succeeded at least, shawn

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

very happy for Steve

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

I have altered my retirement plans. Pray I do not alter them any further.
I was at the NXT show in St. Paul tonight, and Ember wrestled Mandy Rose, and Mandy was surprisingly really good. Other notables:

- We got all of Sanity except Nikki Cross, which was lame. Damo lost to Johnny Gargano in the opener, but Johnny made him look like a billion dollars.
- Hideo Itami was a lot more popular than Kassius Ohno, and their match wasn't great until the last couple minutes
- Maybe the second most over person on the whole show was Ruby Riot who got a big "Welcome Back" chant. She was a fixture on the Minnesota (and the rest of the Midwest) indie scene for a while
- The Velveteen Dream plays really well in Prince territory
- Nobody cared about poor Roderick Strong in his match against Bobby Roode, but the match itself was excellent
- Heavy Machinery was also super over
- I had a bunch of young kids in my section and ALL of them were bummed that Asuka wasn't on the show. I had no idea that she was that popular with kids. She was one of the few people who had merch for sale (it was her, Sanity, Bobby Roode and Finn Balor, weirdly enough).

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I feel like the immediate future for NXT is going to be Sanity moving up during the next "Superstar Shakeup" to start another faction war, Bobby Roode moving up to a Miz-like position on Smackdown, and Gargano/Champa's feud continuing on 205 Live.

I really hope Asuka stick around long enough as champion to go through Kairi Sane before losing the title to Io Shirai in late Fall, but I can't help but shake the feeling that Ember will win the title off her despite being pretty mediocre in NXT.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I've convinced myself that Liv Morgan is being called up if there is a Superstar Shakeup. I don't discount that Asuka and/or Iconic will too.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

rovert posted:

I've convinced myself that Liv Morgan is being called up if there is a Superstar Shakeup. I don't discount that Asuka and/or Iconic will too.

I would believe all of those, there's a ton of female talent in the jobber slots and they're not being used.

Though I don't think Asuka will be called up until she drops the belt at least

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

I don't doubt that she could be called up, but drat Liv Morgan is going to bomb hard on the main roster. She would make sense as someone to pair with Enzo, though, the way Carmella was originally intended.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Go RV! posted:

I would believe all of those, there's a ton of female talent in the jobber slots and they're not being used.

Though I don't think Asuka will be called up until she drops the belt at least

Rumour is that the next callups/roster shuffle is after Summerslam, which, let's be honest, she's dropping the title in Brooklyn. Like, at that point she'll have held the belt longer than any other champion in WWE since Hogan held the world title for like 4 years.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Gaz-L posted:

Rumour is that the next callups/roster shuffle is after Summerslam, which, let's be honest, she's dropping the title in Brooklyn. Like, at that point she'll have held the belt longer than any other champion in WWE since Hogan held the world title for like 4 years.

Ehhh. On one hand, I can see that, but if that's the case, Asuka almost certainly isn't coming up until after Takeover: Houston (ie: after Survivor Series), because she'll invoke her rematch clause, and I don't see WWE giving away Ember Moon vs Asuka III on a non Takeover show. On the other hand, I can see her retaining, and then vacating the title in exchange for a RAW or SD Womens Title match. Or they could just have her pull a Paige. Win the RAW or SD title, and then have her stripped of the NXT title by Regal.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Jul 30, 2017

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
I really don't think she's dropping in Brooklyn. Or at least, I don't feel like they've built Ember well enough yet for it to feel right. Couldn't Asuka carry double duty as champion? How much did Owens do that when he was NXT champ?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Accident Underwater posted:

I really don't think she's dropping in Brooklyn. Or at least, I don't feel like they've built Ember well enough yet for it to feel right. Couldn't Asuka carry double duty as champion? How much did Owens do that when he was NXT champ?

it was only for like a month - his first main roster match was Elimination Chamber at the end of May, and he dropped the NXT Title at the start of July

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
And he dropped it on a main roster show.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I can't even remember the last time Liv Morgan was on TV. The crowd reaction to her Raw debut will make Apollo Crews sound like 1998 Austin.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

DarkstarIV posted:

Ehhh. On one hand, I can see that, but if that's the case, Asuka almost certainly isn't coming up until after Takeover: Houston (ie: after Survivor Series), because she'll invoke her rematch clause, and I don't see WWE giving away Ember Moon vs Asuka III on a non Takeover show. On the other hand, I can see her retaining, and then vacating the title in exchange for a RAW or SD Womens Title match. Or they could just have her pull a Paige. Win the RAW or SD title, and then have her stripped of the NXT title by Regal.
Vacating a championship for reasons beyond injury would be a point of no return for NXT booking

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Though admittedly it would be hilarious for Asuka to go full Hogan and salt the earth at NXT

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Having her lose the title because she is too good would make everyone involved look terrible. It's the most likely option then.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Should've pulled the trigger on Nikki :colbert:

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Basic Chunnel posted:

Vacating a championship for reasons beyond injury would be a point of no return for NXT booking

Eh, they've done it before with Paige, so I don't see why they couldn't do the same for Asuka. The division wasn't even damaged as a result of it! All Asuka needs to say is that she's beaten everyone noteworthy in NXT, and is moving onto bigger and better things, since Regal can't find someone on her level.

Also I agree with the sentiment that Ember shouldn't be the one to beat Asuka. Her promo skills are still really poor at best. This is on top of the fact that on a more opinionated level, I feel like she would waste the rub she would get from beating Asuka.

e: vvvv I just have to disagree with you, I guess. I feel like if it was a regular thing, I would agree that Asuka should lose the title before coming up. But it isn't. It would also provide an element of surprise for when she actually debuts, instead of her dropping the belt and her debut on the main roster becoming obvious, like NXT seems to do.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Jul 31, 2017

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Sure but Paige was in the same class as Big E, basically still part of the "FCW with a facelift" period of NXT. People only really started to take the WWE women's scene seriously when Charlotte and Natalya had what was widely considered to be the best match on the (pretty strong) second Takeover card

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jul 31, 2017

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

DarkstarIV posted:

Eh, they've done it before with Paige, so I don't see why they couldn't do the same for Asuka. The division wasn't even damaged as a result of it! All Asuka needs to say is that she's beaten everyone noteworthy in NXT, and is moving onto bigger and better things, since Regal can't find someone on her level.

Also I agree with the sentiment that Ember shouldn't be the one to beat Asuka. Her promo skills are still really poor at best. This is on top of the fact that on a more opinionated level, I feel like she would waste the rub she would get from beating Asuka.

e: vvvv I just have to disagree with you, I guess. I feel like if it was a regular thing, I would agree that Asuka should lose the title before coming up. But it isn't.

You don't see how saying "Yeah, this chicks are all losers that aren't good enough to beat the champion so she's going to vacate so the crap tier girls get a chance" kills the division? Like, it may even be true but you're supposed to pretend that your challengers are somewhat credible.

Like, if Brock vacated the Universal title because he's beaten every challenger and no-one on the roster is good enough to face him, then congratulations, you just buried EVERY MAN IN THE COMPANY.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Gaz-L posted:

You don't see how saying "Yeah, this chicks are all losers that aren't good enough to beat the champion so she's going to vacate so the crap tier girls get a chance" kills the division? Like, it may even be true but you're supposed to pretend that your challengers are somewhat credible.

Like, if Brock vacated the Universal title because he's beaten every challenger and no-one on the roster is good enough to face him, then congratulations, you just buried EVERY MAN IN THE COMPANY.

They do have an out to this if they do it before the Mae Young Classic women get put into NXt or whatever they plan to do with them after, and can build the division around them competing for the vacant belt without treating them as obviously inferior to Asuka.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
On a semi-related note, I'd be fine with Nikki Cross becoming the Braun Strowman of the women's division. Just every time Asuka's on a roll, Nikki's music hits and she starts wailing on her like a psycho.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

I'd argue that the crossover month with Owens isn't the sort of thing we'll see again, largely because the relationship between NXT and the main roster has changed. Back then NXT was constantly referencing RAW / Smackdown and how NXT guys were champing at the bit to move up, but now that NXT is decidedly its own thing I don't think they'll do much in the way of crossover anymore. Tye had a week or two between his Rumble debut and his last NXT match but that was just a quirk of the taping.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Gaz-L posted:

Where does burying come in here, exactly? Have Asuka come up undefeated, have her be forced to vacate the title similar to Paige after she wins the RAW or SD Womens Championship. And just because someone like Ember Moon loses doesn't mean their credibility is shot. Odds are, the match will be a back and forth brawl between the two. It would also give the MYC a much needed boost in terms of a "valuable prize". WWE seems to like giving out championship titles for victories, so have the winner of the MYC become the new NXT Women's Champion or something.

Arguably Nikki Cross and Ember Moon are just below the level of Asuka, so I don't think the division would be buried at all. Nor would it make the belt worthless.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Jul 31, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Blasmeister posted:

They do have an out to this if they do it before the Mae Young Classic women get put into NXt or whatever they plan to do with them after, and can build the division around them competing for the vacant belt without treating them as obviously inferior to Asuka.

Give the belt to Kairi, Kairi continues as unbeatable champion. They'll never know the difference

• Locked thread