Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Blitz7x posted:

*4 dornish women die*

*dany knocks over the Dorne sigil on her game board*

Haha, yeah that was something alright. I get that a kingdom losing its leader is a big deal, but boy it'd sure be nice to see at least some Dornish men or ships helping out Dany going forward.

What really bugs me is that we know there are insanely effective assassins operating out of Bravos but as far as we know no one has put out a hit on Dany or Cersei to end the war super quickly. Hell even Arya probably stood a good chance of killing Cersei if she stole the right faces, was smart about it, and didn't care about getting out alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CDHiggs
Dec 16, 2016

That night in Point Pleasant. Those red eyes Richard Gere would never forget.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Euron owns. Cersei owns.

Well, one of them owns. Loved Cersei's scene in the dungeon.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

It's interesting that Jon and Dany come off as related but not as romantically attracted to each other, exactly.

Gonna make it awkward when they bang

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

man lots of consequences for blowing up the vatican and wiping out all your allies. great writing. great plotting.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
*feels villeneuve fistpumps at an insanely epic episode of Game of Thrones*

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
I was really hoping to see the dragons react to Jon as a targ

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Barreft posted:

There aren't any Tyrells left in the show besides grandma who wed into the family. I'm sure most went with Tarly since he still had an intact house and is a good leader.

There was presumably enough of an army left that Olenna didn't immediately shut down the plan to use them as half of the sieging force for the capitol of the kingdom tho.

And actually if they had just had Tarly ride up to some of the commanders and have them surrender and join him - because they all felt their was nobody left to serve - that would have been a better, more interesting payoff.

I am pretty forgiving in general I just don't want Euron to turn into Ramsay part 2. Their main and only strategy for building tension seems to be make the bad guys nigh invincible. Hopefully with a more compact season the good guys turn this around and score some victories of their own or this is going to get repetitive.

TheLoquid
Nov 5, 2008

NowonSA posted:

Haha, yeah that was something alright. I get that a kingdom losing its leader is a big deal, but boy it'd sure be nice to see at least some Dornish men or ships helping out Dany going forward.

What really bugs me is that we know there are insanely effective assassins operating out of Bravos but as far as we know no one has put out a hit on Dany or Cersei to end the war super quickly. Hell even Arya probably stood a good chance of killing Cersei if she stole the right faces, was smart about it, and didn't care about getting out alive.

Well you see there are literally no more named Dornish characters and the ruling family is completely dead, so I guess that takes them totally off the board.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Guy A. Person posted:

There was presumably enough of an army left that Olenna didn't immediately shut down the plan to use them as half of the sieging force for the capitol of the kingdom tho.

And actually if they had just had Tarly ride up to some of the commanders and have them surrender and join him - because they all felt their was nobody left to serve - that would have been a better, more interesting payoff.

I am pretty forgiving in general I just don't want Euron to turn into Ramsay part 2. Their main and only strategy for building tension seems to be make the bad guys nigh invincible. Hopefully with a more compact season the good guys turn this around and score some victories of their own or this is going to get repetitive.

Just when Daenerys is about to lose at dawn of the fifth episode, Daario sails from the East

TheLoquid
Nov 5, 2008

Groovelord Neato posted:

man lots of consequences for blowing up the vatican and wiping out all your allies. great writing. great plotting.

This is by far the most ridiculous oversight of this season so far. The idea that there wouldn't be a massive anti-Cersei insurgency is so completely ridiculous

CDHiggs
Dec 16, 2016

TheLoquid posted:

This is by far the most ridiculous oversight of this season so far. The idea that there wouldn't be a massive anti-Cersei insurgency is so completely ridiculous

Yeah, it's incredibly bad. Honestly, nitpicking nerdotry aside--it's loving awful.

Meatsicle
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless

the trump tutelage posted:

This season is to coherent timelines what Donald Trump is to American politics.

Can I just say that your constant bloo blooing about Trump in the fantasy dragons and tits TV show thread brings me much joy? You are a broken human being and I find it hilarious.

Episode was surprisingly good aside from Euron and his magical teleporting fleet.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
dany: I've been through some tough poo poo!

jon: Yea well I literally got stabbed to death once. All the way to death. i was an ex-bastard.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
Littlefinger's speech was loving ridiculous.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Barreft posted:

There aren't any Tyrells left in the show besides grandma who wed into the family. I'm sure most went with Tarly since he still had an intact house and is a good leader.

Yeah for the sake of expediting the show's events that's probably how they wrote it. In reality a Tarly uprising in the absence of Tyrell authority would be met with other lesser Reach houses challenging the Tarlys for control of the Reach, leading to a civil war.

But who cares! tits and dragons!

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

TheLoquid posted:

How does anyone know Cersei did it?

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Away all Goats posted:

Yeah for the sake of expediting the show's events that's probably how they wrote it. In reality a Tarly uprising in the absence of Tyrell authority would be met with other lesser Reach houses challenging the Tyrells, leading to a civil war.

This isn't a book you have 7 episodes not 2000 pages.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

pretty cool to see Grey Worm's royal heritage called out, as they confirmed him as Ser Ten of House Goodmen

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Barreft posted:

nobody's buying it was some accident when all of cersei's enemies die and she used the same goddamn thing that was used to repel stannis's invasion.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Barreft posted:

All her political enemies just happened to die in a massive explosion in a building she was supposed to be in.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

lezard_valeth posted:

Just when Daenerys is about to lose at dawn of the fifth episode, Euron pulls off his mask, revealing that he is actually Daario sails from the East

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Away all Goats posted:

Yeah for the sake of expediting the show's events that's probably how they wrote it. In reality a Tarly uprising in the absence of Tyrell authority would be met with other lesser Reach houses challenging the Tarlys for control of the Reach, leading to a civil war.

Okay, this type of nuance I can forgive them glossing over. Minor houses squabbling would be pretty drat boring, especially without any prior build or characters worth caring about.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

In It For The Tank posted:

Littlefinger's speech was loving ridiculous.

Hasn't he had one of these every season starting the "chaos is a laddah" speech? Someone needs to make a Littlefinger world of cardboard speech compilation vid.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

HannibalBarca posted:

I don't understand the Casterly Rock plan at all. Like if Euron's fleet was there the whole time why not just sink the Unsullied before they land? Also how was Euron able to get there so fast ah gently caress it

Team Lannisters probably thought it would be easier to let the Unsullied get owned by the castle defenses and then sink barely crewed boats. But idk why they would care about losing Ironborn raiders over Lannister soldiers if they just went ahead and engaged them all at sea.

But the writers probably don't care.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

also the tyrell army would be massive compared to the lannister's after all the warring. nothing makes any goddang sense.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

TheRat posted:

What if three eyed raven is actually bran from the future? Not so straight forward adderall :smug:

Who would switch sides to Cersei?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Littlefinger: If you prepare for every eventuality, nothing can possibly surprise you.
Bran: Hi Sansa, I'm back, on Xanax, am psychic, and also saw you get raped.

TheLoquid
Nov 5, 2008

CDHiggs posted:

Yeah, it's incredibly bad. Honestly, nitpicking nerdotry aside--it's loving awful.

Like I understand ~it's a tv show~ but the whole season was predicated on Margaery and the pope being a huge threat to Cersei because they had the people's love. Then Cersei burns them inside the holiest of holies while being conspicuously absent from her own trial and there's no response?! That was the whole loving point of the King's Landing plot last season and they totally ignore it??? That's ridiculous.

CDHiggs
Dec 16, 2016

Barreft posted:

Serious question?

Because of the wildfire? Because she was supposed to be there? Because she would be main suspect, largely due to the walk of shame she endured? Because of her rivalry with the cult?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Groovelord Neato posted:

also the tyrell army would be massive compared to the lannister's after all the warring. nothing makes any goddang sense.

Tarly asked them really nicely to switch sides :downs:

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

TheLoquid posted:

Well you see there are literally no more named Dornish characters and the ruling family is completely dead, so I guess that takes them totally off the board.

Well Prince Martell was an internet shutin so it makes sense that nobody even knows he exists much less that he's supposed to be in charge.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
This jon and dany scene is dragging on

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

CDHiggs posted:

Serious question?

Because of the wildfire? Because she was supposed to be there? Because she would be main suspect, largely due to the walk of shame she endured? Because of her rivalry with the cult?

Who cares who knows she did it, the more important question is who is going to do jack poo poo about it. Nobody

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Tyrion and Varys are pretty loving bad at their jobs.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Supreme Allah posted:

Who cares who knows she did it, the more important question is who is going to do jack poo poo about it. Nobody

uhhh the entire country?

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Away all Goats posted:

All her political enemies just happened to die in a massive explosion in a building she was supposed to be in.

We live in a world of twitter, cell phone camera, etc, and Trump is still destroying the US. I doubt the peasants in King's Landing have any access to newspapers. Also fear by rule, King's Landing is basically North Korea now, why won't those North Koreans just rise up and protest Kim Jong Un?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

a crowd tore up the pope limb from limb in king's landing once.

CDHiggs
Dec 16, 2016

Supreme Allah posted:

The entire cult was shown to be hyper-aggressive, and now suddenly every member is nowhere to be seen and nobody cares.

Great writing.

TheLoquid
Nov 5, 2008

Supreme Allah posted:

Which is why she the High Sparrow was such a short lived side character last season and totally wasn't shown to have enormous power over Cersei and the city generally.

Like this was literally the whole point of the threat Cersei faced. That she couldn't just flex on her enemies because the people of the city wouldn't tolerate it. And then the writers decided to throw the whole theme of last season out the window and pretend like the people of King's Landing are totally apathetic and will go along with whatever, even though the religiosity of the people is quite literally the sword hanging over Cersei's head right up until she blows up their beloved queen, pope, and most sacred church, to say nothing of the suicide of the king on the same day as though THAT wouldn't be put on Cersei. It's such nonsense that flies in the face of the previous season's story.

TheLoquid fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jul 31, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Supreme Allah posted:

See also: Cersei not giving a gently caress about letting the help know about incest boning time

• Locked thread