Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

The Ferret King posted:

Dude you're just bare-assed farting into your denim.

Well I bought a week's work of Airism underwear because this thread usually recommends good stuff. And a bunch of new jeans, chinos, casual wear jacket, and pocket square, so it's nice to be back up on clothes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

TheManWithNoName posted:

Wouldn't this thing be super tiny for a controller? I love the idea but it seems uncomfortable to hold.

Having put it all together and spent a little quality time with it, yeah, it's hilariously tiny. I'd argue that it's optimized for size and not utility...and certainly not comfort. It's cute, though.

Also, I may have soldered a couple GPIO pads together, because the stupid Joy Bonnet exhibits odd behavior. I may have to move up the 8Bitdo purchase to get any real use out of the thing. :shrug:

The Pi itself is doing great. It plays well with an Xbox 360 controller, as long as I stay away from the analog sticks.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I bought a $300 ottoman because I GUESS THATS WHAT adults do

n4
Jul 26, 2001

Poor Chu-Chu : (
I bought a 10 pack of MeUndies. No regrets

Inzombiac posted:

I bought a $300 ottoman because I GUESS THATS WHAT adults do

I hope you're happy with yourself.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

The best part of me undies is using their referral code to get more free undies. I’ve snagged probably 10 pair from hyping them up to people. No ones been disappointed yet.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I may have gone on a bit of a spree today, but I worked 10 hours yesterday so gently caress it.

1970s sneakers from Miner Industries.

Surplus Italian Navy deck shoes.

I also went on the Converse website and custom designed my own Chucks. Should be arriving in 2 or 3 weeks.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Dope shows but didn't they get bought out and now suck rear end butt?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Inzombiac posted:

Dope shows but didn't they get bought out and now suck rear end butt?

As someone who worn them pretty consistently for 25 years I haven't noticed any difference between post and pre Nike in my chucks but I'm sure someone is gunna come in and say yes

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Tastes okay but it tastes nothing like kalbi.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

FishBulb posted:

As someone who worn them pretty consistently for 25 years I haven't noticed any difference between post and pre Nike in my chucks but I'm sure someone is gunna come in and say yes

Well!
I wonder if this Nike 30% off coupon will work for a custom order. I want to recreate a pair I had as a teen. Red with a black stripe across the top of the foot.

n4
Jul 26, 2001

Poor Chu-Chu : (
I just bought the Beatsx bluetooth headphones. I hope they're good.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

It's a commercial streaming box for the UK. I got it to watch Archer.

Due to their promotional pricing, it is cheaper to buy a new box with a 3 month introduction voucher in it, than it is to pay the monthly subscription.

I this is my 5th box. I gave one to my parents, I have 3 brand new ones sitting unused on a shelf.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

spog posted:

It's a commercial streaming box for the UK. I got it to watch Archer.

Due to their promotional pricing, it is cheaper to buy a new box with a 3 month introduction voucher in it, than it is to pay the monthly subscription.

I this is my 5th box. I gave one to my parents, I have 3 brand new ones sitting unused on a shelf.
Why?

spog
Aug 7, 2004

You buy a new box, it comes with a 3 month voucher for the 'Entertainment' package. When the voucher is used up, it costs £6.99/month onwards

I often find the boxes on promotional sale for £15-20, including the 3 month voucher. So it is fractionally cheaper to keep buy new boxes and using the included voucher, rather than pay the reoccurring fee.
Plus you get a spare box in case you ever need one, and it comes with batteries and a network cable that you can use elsewhere.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

What is a 3 month pass for? I thought the Roku was just for Netflix and Amazon

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Mu Zeta posted:

What is a 3 month pass for? I thought the Roku was just for Netflix and Amazon

Just a wild guess but NowTV?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Built a comp for my girlfriend's kid. 550 for the build by sourcing stuff off ebay, but luckily everything works great!

spog
Aug 7, 2004

Jerry Cotton posted:

Just a wild guess but NowTV?

Nice.

Yes, it is a UK thing that is an alternative to Netflix here (which has a lot less that Netflix USA) that lets you view stuff on Sky (Movies, Entertainment, Kids)
There's not much on it, but it works out cheaper than buying a couple of boxed sets

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

LifeSunDeath posted:

Built a comp for my girlfriend's kid. 550 for the build by sourcing stuff off ebay, but luckily everything works great!

I'm jelly of that case's cable management. Next case I buy gonna have something like that.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

titanfall 2.

kingsway.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

LifeSunDeath posted:

Noice, 1060 in a budget build at buttcoin prices is super good

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

baram. posted:

kingsway.

Is this any good?

colas
Feb 14, 2007

190 reviews "very positive" on steam

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Just ordered this: Microtech Ultratech

...because i almost got robbed 2 days ago in my apt parking lot and now i'm freaked the gently caress out.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

colas posted:

190 reviews "very positive" on steam

How much did you pay for them?

violentlycitrus
Aug 3, 2004

LifeSunDeath posted:

Just ordered this: Microtech Ultratech

...because i almost got robbed 2 days ago in my apt parking lot and now i'm freaked the gently caress out.

bro i hate to say this but a knife is quite possibly the last thing you need right now

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

underwear chat : have u heard the good word about uniqlo, friends? It's great, cheap and available basically everywhere. supima cotton is the most comfy, but airism is also good for warm weather.

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

violentlycitrus posted:

bro i hate to say this but a knife is quite possibly the last thing you need right now

Agreed. If you just want a little retail therapy to feel good after getting robbed, then be my guest. But for God sake don't try to delude yourself into thinking you can defend yourself with a knife. Get your apartment building to install security cameras in the parking lot.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

well why not posted:

underwear chat : have u heard the good word about uniqlo, friends? It's great, cheap and available basically everywhere. supima cotton is the most comfy, but airism is also good for warm weather.

I'm well on board with their t-shirts but haven't tried their pants yet, will get on that.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Trying not to shopshame that guy, but seriously do not carry a knife for self defence, you will likely be unceremoniously stabbed to death with it. Either move or get them to improve security in the car park if you're concerned.

uniqlo chat: yeah basically they're the best-in-show for most 'basic' items of clothing. That being said, AS Colour is better for tees but they're only in AUS/NZ, unfortunately.

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."
I love supima cotton a lot and practically half the stuff I own is made out of it, but I personally am not a big fan of the uniqlo supima underwear. I have a few pairs and they're fine, but the airism is just so much better.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

well why not posted:

Trying not to shopshame that guy, but seriously do not carry a knife for self defence, you will likely be unceremoniously stabbed to death with it.

Get a gun instead!

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Phthisis posted:

I love supima cotton a lot and practically half the stuff I own is made out of it, but I personally am not a big fan of the uniqlo supima underwear. I have a few pairs and they're fine, but the airism is just so much better.

Is that stuff only available on their website?

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

The Ferret King posted:

Is that stuff only available on their website?

Uniqlo? Pretty sure they carry almost nearly all the website stuff in the stores.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Uniqlo has stores? Google maps in North Texas didn't find any

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."
Uniqlo does have stores, but until fairly recently they've pretty much only been in limited cities on the coasts, and even then the stores are quite rare. I buy most of my stuff online since I do not live in a city with a Uniqlo, but I will occasionally go to an actual store to try stuff on. What the stores carry is seasonal so in general the website is the best option anyway.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

well why not posted:

Just lol if you buy cotton underwear in 2017. That includes socks and undershirts as well. I hope you enjoy drowning in your sweat.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
I'm lucky enough to have a Uniqlo 5 miles away. I love their airism line for workout clothes and their heat tech v necks are the best t shirts ever. Super comfy, fit perfectly, and so much better at handling sweat than cotton based stuff. You can wear them for days without developing a smell, which I've done hiking and camping. They also dry super fast.

Their down jackets are also a good value if you live in milder climates and don't need anything heavy. Good raw denim jeans too.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

The Ferret King posted:

Uniqlo has stores? Google maps in North Texas didn't find any

Lots in Asia & Australia, a couple in the UK / Europe and I think most larger American cities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Josh Lyman posted:

Just lol if you buy cotton underwear in 2017. That includes socks and undershirts as well. I hope you enjoy drowning in your sweat.

Have you seen a doctor yet? You may have an underlying condition for excessive body sweat.