Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

Light Gun Man posted:

can nerd love bloom in the clickbait video?

Jay will end up with Rich, if Rich can get over himself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I tried a few of Jenny's early screen junkies stuff, but it was so, so very awful. I also resent it because she posts way less on her own channel now. Has it gotten better, maybe upgraded to only pretty bad?

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

counterfeitsaint posted:

I tried a few of Jenny's early screen junkies stuff, but it was so, so very awful. I also resent it because she posts way less on her own channel now. Has it gotten better, maybe upgraded to only pretty bad?

I mich preferred her own cute stuff before she got picked up. Haven't been able to watch more than couple minutes of this millennial falcon crap she's making now.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up
If you call yourself a millenial it's because you're being paid to.

Greetings fellow demographic!

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
What's the official range of birth years for millennials? I need to know if I need to hate myself or not.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
1988-1999

My personal rule is if you can't remember what your day was like on 9/11 you aren't a millenial.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Jose Oquendo posted:

I need to know if I need to hate myself or not.

Yes, no matter when you were born.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

"Millennial" is more a subculture than anything else.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

PostNouveau posted:

Yes, no matter when you were born.

:smith:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

It's OK, that goes for everyone.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

That seems oddly specific, like you're moving the goalposts a bit. I'm going to assume you were born in 1987.

It actually starts in the much-earlier 80's, like 82 or 83.

Andro Dunos
Dec 11, 2003

I saw Dunkirk today. I thought it was really great. The production design is outstanding and the aerial footage especially is amazing. it's worth seeing for that alone. It's not perfect of course, since it has that usual Christopher Nolan factor of too much of a good thing. Some of the scenes and set pieces lose their impact because they get redundant and the ending is rather abrupt, but it's impossible that Nolan won't get nominated for best director and rightly so.

The best part of the story is that before the movie they showed a trailer for An Inconvenient Sequel and some rear end in a top hat in the theater waited for a quiet part to yell out "BUNCH OF BULLSHIT!!!!" at the screen. Then a woman in a different part of the theater yelled back "OH!!! I KNOW!!!!!"

That and all the people talking, fumbling with big Costco size plastic bags of candy, and turning on their cell phone screens to check the time every ten minutes... thanks, moviegoing public!

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
lol '93 and not exactly... proud?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

reignofevil posted:

1988-1999

My personal rule is if you can't remember what your day was like on 9/11 you aren't a millenial.

No, it's 1982-2000.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Jose Oquendo posted:

What's the official range of birth years for millennials? I need to know if I need to hate myself or not.

1982 to 1999 is the probably the most agreed upon timeline. We're well into the next generation, and they don't even have a cool name that aging GenXers to poo poo all over.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Jonas Albrecht posted:

they don't even have a cool name that aging GenXers to poo poo all over.

I propose, The Worst Taste Generation The Dumbest Generation

vermin fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Jul 31, 2017

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

vermin posted:

I propose, The Worst Taste Generation The Dumbest Generation

That's not how you spell Baby Boomers

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Call em Fancy Lads.

Yes, even the girls.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
have Millenials made any bad movies yet?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

HIJK posted:

Fan Four Stick.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

HIJK posted:

Fan4stic's director was born in 84, so yea.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
then Millenials are truly the worst generation.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

HIJK posted:

Nah, the Boomers have done far, far worse.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

HIJK posted:

Like, wait until Millennials amass political capitol and use it to degenerate society before getting mad about snapchat and fidget spinners.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

WampaLord posted:

Nah, the Boomers have done far, far worse.

they didn't make Fan 4 stick....so maybe it's a toss up.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAN_IPwK1K8

Shoutout to SA by the funny, sarcastic female Mike. Watch her until the hack frauds release more content.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Did Mike have a daughter?

violentlycitrus
Aug 3, 2004

vermin posted:

Did Mike have a daughter?

jay is on birth control (no lady bits)

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Millenials operate like the inverse of boomers. While the tail end boomers got the shaft compared to the first wave of them because all the money dried up, the opposite is true for the millenials. Early millenials are the ones either into the job force or just entering the job force, and a lot are going in saddled with debt and generally being hosed for the forseeable future. The younger end of the generation don't quite have the problem yet because they're still living at home or are in school still.

We all suck though. Early millennials like us are also the ones responsible for ENDLESS TRASH making money.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
Late GenXers are responsible for a lot of the nostalgia bullshit too. All that Transformers, Ninja Turtles, GI Joe stuff.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

counterfeitsaint posted:

Someone posted her here months earlier and good god she is poo poo. I would take Max Landis over her in a heart beat.

Arcsquad12 posted:

Millenials operate like the inverse of boomers. While the tail end boomers got the shaft compared to the first wave of them because all the money dried up, the opposite is true for the millenials. Early millenials are the ones either into the job force or just entering the job force, and a lot are going in saddled with debt and generally being hosed for the forseeable future. The younger end of the generation don't quite have the problem yet because they're still living at home or are in school still.

We all suck though. Early millennials like us are also the ones responsible for ENDLESS TRASH making money.

The younger Millennials know they are hosed even harder than before that's why they are still at home.

But enough about millennials, what is this thing I hear about called the Pepis generation?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

oohhboy posted:

But enough about millennials, what is this thing I hear about called the Pepis generation?

That was GenX.

GenZ is probably going to be loyal to coke.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I have a stupid prediction to make.

The new Star Wars trilogy will be popular, but wont propel Star Wars like the original one did. I think five years after episode 9, we'll have all moved on to the next big thing, which will inexplicably be the Valiant Comics Shared Universe.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Jonas Albrecht posted:

The new Star Wars trilogy will be popular, but wont propel Star Wars like the original one did. I think five years after episode 9, we'll have all moved on to the next big thing, which will inexplicably be the Valiant Comics Shared Universe.

It's obviously going to be the Universal Monsters Cinematic Universe after Tilda Swinton's Oscar-winning performance as the Creature from the Black Lagoon propels the series to greatness.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
After the failure of the previous two lovely TMNT movies, an exec will look at the numbers are realize the most profitable TMNT film was the one closest to the Mirage comics. Thus, more comic = more money. A direct TMNT adaptation will happen and get a couple sequels and they'll be pretty cool.

But then every other "funny animal" comic will get a reboot movie, and they'll make like a weird grimdark Looney Tunes flick, and everything will be loving weird as gently caress. Furry pandering will probably get mixed in along with way, with horrible results.

...might be worth it.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I think you mean the Prince Valiant Comics Universe.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

PostNouveau posted:

It's obviously going to be the Universal Monsters Cinematic Universe after Tilda Swinton's Oscar-winning performance as the Creature from the Black Lagoon propels the series to greatness.

I mean, if there's anyone who I'd expect to turn in a stellar performance in a weird role like that...

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

HoAssHo posted:

Late GenXers are responsible for a lot of the nostalgia bullshit too. All that Transformers, Ninja Turtles, GI Joe stuff.

I'm that era and I haaaaaate all those remakes as do all the other people I grew up with. They hosed all of them up so badly, which is weird because they were just dumb cartoons for toys so you'd think they'd be easy to remake and hit all the right buttons.

I saw the Transformers animated movie in the theatres opening day FFS! (they said a swear in it!!)

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Light Gun Man posted:

After the failure of the previous two lovely TMNT movies, an exec will look at the numbers are realize the most profitable TMNT film was the one closest to the Mirage comics. Thus, more comic = more money. A direct TMNT adaptation will happen and get a couple sequels and they'll be pretty cool.

But then every other "funny animal" comic will get a reboot movie, and they'll make like a weird grimdark Looney Tunes flick, and everything will be loving weird as gently caress. Furry pandering will probably get mixed in along with way, with horrible results.

...might be worth it.

idiot, they're building up the TMNT cinematic universe... it will be a collab between Zak Snyder and Michael Bay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

priznat posted:

I'm that era and I haaaaaate all those remakes as do all the other people I grew up with.

:same:

• Locked thread