Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
https://mobile.twitter.com/nabil_djellit/status/891743987853295616

Qatar themselves are going to give Neymar a 300 million contract to headline WC 2022. And he will pay off his release clause himself with it with no involvement from PSG

So he essentially will be a free transfer to PSG lol

That is some shady poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Matic is loving garbage

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

JOHNSON COCKSLAP posted:

no good midfield trio includes matic

That's my suspicion as well, I'm just trying to find a positive angle to this arsehole of a transfer.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Qatar themselves are going to give Neymar a 300 million contract to headline WC 2022. And he will pay off his release clause himself with it with no involvement from PSG

What the gently caress

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
clubs seem to be totally discounting the risk of future injury. someone will hack Neymar to death.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Er, or he could just keep 300 million and do whatever...

Why would he give it away exactly?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

The gently caress is this poo poo I'm chimping out

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
alright, now I see why Barcelona are snitching to UEFA about this

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Wengy gave a weird press conference today that essentially said it doesn't matter if Ozil and Sanchez sign new contracts before the season starts, and that players are always going to run down their contracts now because transfer fees are so high. Sounds like they'll both be leaving on a free in 2018.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

How the gently caress does someone headline a wc before playing anyway ffs what a piece of poo poo
Glass the gulf

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Bape Culture posted:

How the gently caress does someone headline a wc before playing anyway ffs what a piece of poo poo
Glass the gulf

He'll probably do a bunch of advertisements in praise of the state, and "host" events for sponsors and corrupt FIFA member types.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

players normally pay the release clause themselves and get a fat signing on bonus to magically equal the same fee from the new club

this isn't really any different except for the amount but if you're an oil rich sheikh who gives a gently caress

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!
I for one am glad that FFP is having a big impact and stopping ludicrous transfers and shady dealings.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
FFP was invented to keep big clubs big and small clubs small so it's a little surprising, maybe?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

weird that the shadiest organization's financial prudence system doesn't stop corruption

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Weird that we all live in a perpetually expanding financially divided hellhole that sucks the joy out of anything and everything for the sake of profit for dipshit crusty rear end paper tyrants and nobody is actually arsed lol

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

What the gently caress is this poo poo

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

Gigi Galli posted:

What the gently caress is this poo poo

It's worded better here

No wonder Barca were reporting it lol

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing

Bape Culture posted:

Glass the gulf

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

It's worded better here

Fucks sake.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

It's worded better here

There are not a lot of things in football that make me genuinely angry but this is definitely one of them. gently caress this poo poo and gently caress Neymar for going along with it.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I've read before that this is how Spanish release clauses are structured, that technically it's a release if the contracted player pays the buyout, not if a buying club does. So there's a gentleman's agreement that clubs agree to sell at that price but legally speaking they don't have to. And because payouts to other clubs' players are contractually limited and most players don't have tens of millions laying around (let alone hundreds of millions) then they would tend to have a cashflow issue actually paying off the release clause without doing some shady poo poo.

That all being said, this is the shadiest loving poo poo. Qatar is the worst. I hope they pay this money and then Neymar fucks off and then the World Cup is taken away from them anyway.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Neymar should hold his head high and not take a small fortune to play for one slightly more corrupt team instead of the other

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I hope Neymar takes the money and then the International Criminal Court finds Qatar in violation of human rights law and imprisons him forever for taking 300 million euros from them.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

vyelkin posted:

That all being said, this is the shadiest loving poo poo. Qatar is the worst. I hope they pay this money and then Neymar fucks off and then the World Cup is taken away from them anyway.

This seems good.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Neymar is stealing Qatar's cash and then joining Coutinho at Liverpool

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

lol weren't Saudi Arabia and friends about to declare war of Qatar like a month ago? Seems like a bad time to try to do business with them

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

If I'm reading it right, this essentially means Qatar helps PSG pay for Neymar's transfer in exchange for Neymar doing some marketing work for the Qatar World Cup.

Why is this any more egregious than half the outrageous transfers out there?

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Vegetable posted:

If I'm reading it right, this essentially means Qatar helps PSG pay for Neymar's transfer in exchange for Neymar doing some marketing work for the Qatar World Cup.

Why is this any more egregious than half the outrageous transfers out there?

Because it's the nation state of Qatar itself making an entirely separate contract free of UEFA and club football to dramatically benefit PSG in a way that circumvents transfer laws. PSG is Qatar's plaything yes, but it is not officially and can never officially be owned by them, and they are still beholden to transfer limitations. Qatar are 'coincidentally' giving Neymar a ridiculous amount of money at the exact time he'd need it to leave Barca without PSG breaching FFP. If they can do this then what's to stop Sheikh Mansour throwing a billion at Messi?

DO IT SHEIKH :twisted:

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
lol this owns

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
The people who thought that FFP was a thing that would work never got shamed enough for being dumb imo.

Good on PSG for being the club who have lol'd at it the most though.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

chuggo is BACK posted:

lol this owns

https://twitter.com/Papapishu/status/746803108949409793

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Sounds like some fishy third party poo poo to me, the fella who knows FIFA still won't do a thing and watch as Neymar also gets his Ballon d'or bought.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Non footballing businesses pull poo poo like this all the time, for much bigger sums and nobody cares.
So basically:

Bape Culture posted:

Weird that we all live in a perpetually expanding financially divided hellhole that sucks the joy out of anything and everything for the sake of profit for dipshit crusty rear end paper tyrants and nobody is actually arsed lol

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

This seems to be a problem with the way player contracts and release clauses are set up. If the clubs and authorities were really so bummed out about this it can't be that hard to fix it.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Because it's the nation state of Qatar itself making an entirely separate contract free of UEFA and club football to dramatically benefit PSG in a way that circumvents transfer laws. PSG is Qatar's plaything yes, but it is not officially and can never officially be owned by them, and they are still beholden to transfer limitations. Qatar are 'coincidentally' giving Neymar a ridiculous amount of money at the exact time he'd need it to leave Barca without PSG breaching FFP. If they can do this then what's to stop Sheikh Mansour throwing a billion at Messi?

DO IT SHEIKH :twisted:

dunno why FIFA and UEFA don't just step in and say that yeah you've managed to sneak around the laws, but the net effect is the same so sorry you're not doing it

fe: well I mean I'm wondering why they don't but I actually know it's because they're all corrupt cunts, but ykwim

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

kcer posted:

dunno why FIFA and UEFA don't just step in and say that yeah you've managed to sneak around the laws, but the net effect is the same so sorry you're not doing it

Because FIFA are just as corrupt and are probably getting back payments to look the other way?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

kcer posted:

fe: well I mean I'm wondering why they don't but I actually know it's because they're all corrupt cunts, but ykwim

Because they can't probably? A Qatari lawyer could just say: 'Show me where it says we can't do this?'.
Most Fifa/Uefa can do is change the rules to prevent poo poo like this happening in the future imo.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
Football is sick and rotten to the core. Every transfer window it's the same but worse. I'm still watching next season. Yay for hypocrisy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Footballs actually...pretty good

• Locked thread