Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug

Chili posted:

We're getting there:

Uhh, I don't think so. Butters is tasting dog with his eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Booger Presley posted:

Uhh, I don't think so. Butters is tasting dog with his eyes.

Yes, that's a cat that is planning revenge for the dog stealing his lap space

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
I didn't say we were there. We're GETTING there.

Also, poor little Lincoln has had nasty diarrhea over these past few days. Been having to wake up every couple of hours and take him for walks. They think he might have a parasite so we took a stool sample to the SPCA; we're hoping for the best.

Big day for him tomorrow, his fur is all matted and gross so I'm taking to a nearby groomer to get his coat shaved. He's gonna be so stinkin cute afterward. Look out for more pictures!

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib

Chili posted:

He's gonna be so stinkin cute afterward.

As opposed to just stinkin'...

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Chili posted:

We're getting there:

Well, on the upside, we finally found a buttery expression that isn't deep sadness! HATRED.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

MikeJF posted:

Well, on the upside, we finally found a buttery expression that isn't deep sadness! HATRED.

That is a cat plotting...

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The blissful obliviousness of happy dogs next to contemptuous cats will never not be hilarious. I'm glad you're hosting that sweet doggo.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Just don't let Butters see you feeding the dog. That might break his spirit.

Marchegiana
Jan 31, 2006

. . . Bitch.
I've been quiet because one of my cats, Odin, has taken sick. We're not really sure what's going on with him, his blood work at the vet came back fairly normal (he had some elevated liver enzymes, but that's because he's a fatty fat fat who stopped eating and lost about 4 pounds in the past month, so now his liver is all clogged up with mobilized fat). So between babying this fluffy jerk:

and starting to wean Rory off the bottle, things have been hectic.

I can say at least that Rory is doing well, and starting to be less like a cute furry lump and more like a cat. Which unfortunately means a lot of biting with her brand-new teeth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ia6S-aFjX-8

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

:buddy:

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

I'm not a big fan of small dogs, but that right there's a good un.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Wanna pet that doggo.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib

Marchegiana posted:

I can say at least that Rory is doing well, and starting to be less like a cute furry lump and more like a cat. Which unfortunately means a lot of biting with her brand-new teeth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ia6S-aFjX-8

What a chompy girl.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

This thread gives me hope for the months ahead :gbsmith:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Super, SUPER happy to report that Tibi is doing super well, his bone infection is almost gone, just a bit more anti biotics and he'll be in the clear. :unsmith:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Alteisen posted:

Super, SUPER happy to report that Tibi is doing super well, his bone infection is almost gone, just a bit more anti biotics and he'll be in the clear. :unsmith:

:neckbeard:

Go Tibi!

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
Hooray! I'm really glad to hear that, Alt.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Good news all around.

Lincoln finally slept through the night! I fed him this morning and when we went for our walk all poop was solid! :toot:

I also continue to pimp him out big time to everyone I meet and he seems to have some stiff competition as far as who he may go home with.

In stranger news, Butterscotch's youtube channel spontaneously got like 30 subscribers last night, some of them posted "I came here from reddit" or similar things on random videos. I don't know how he ended up on Reddit as I don't use the site at all, but um, OK!

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Oy vey. As Saturday fast approaches, I'm being hit with that horrible sinking feeling the last time we fostered a dog. The thought of giving up this little bugger is kind of ripping me to pieces. I probably shoulda read my OP before I went and tried to foster a pooch again.

Don't think I'm cut out for dog fostering. After the 100 or so cats that have moved through my house I've never felt as crushed as when I've known I have to take back a dog.

We'll keep on loving him and taking care of him until it's his time to move on, and if we're lucky I'll find him a good home before then.

Being a goober

Even more goobery

As he was getting groomed, I got a hair cut. Just two bros, hamming it up.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Little dogs that are all tongue... :3:

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I mean, you picked a hell of a dog to try and give up...

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

tarbrush posted:

I mean, you picked a hell of a dog to try and give up...

That is all dogs :colbert:

Ferryll
Sep 16, 2013

<3

They're Good Dogs, Brent Tarbrush

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Chili posted:

That is all dogs :colbert:

all dogs are good and cool.

I only can give up the ones i feel will get trampled to death by the sneakyhorde

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Ferryll posted:

They're Good Dogs, Brent Tarbrush

Most dogs are 11-12/10. That dog is 14/10

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy

Chili posted:

Oy vey. As Saturday fast approaches, I'm being hit with that horrible sinking feeling the last time we fostered a dog.

I love doggos. Doggos are the best people. But I had to stop walking them as a shelter volunteer because they were just too... hard. Dogs connect with you differently. Not that cats can't or don't connect, they do, I've loved many a shelter kitty, but dogs... dogs just want to make us happy with love and more love and it's right in the feels.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
There's a little dog around here than whenever I go on my walks and pass by its house, it just completely loses its poo poo, it starts running, jumping, the tail is a blur, it brings me its toys to play fetch, I literally see this dog maybe an hour every couple of days when I pass by and he loves me like nothing I've ever seen.

Dogs are really something else, I miss mine, haven't had one in 17 years. :smith:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
Ey if y'all want doggos im sure i'll have another one show up here sometime soon, its getting to that point where I'm due for another one wandering into the yard. Alteisen gets first dibs though

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Lincoln! :toot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J51nY04IC8o

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

:allears:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

I can only imagine how much fun it must be for a little dog to have a whole bed like that as a roughhousing surface.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
I'm not really a dog person, but that's a good dug.

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

Chili posted:

I don't know how he ended up on Reddit as I don't use the site at all, but um, OK!

There's at least one goon in the yospos thread that is a double-agent and posts SA cats there sometimes. I forget who.

Also

Logicblade posted:

I'm not really a dog person, but that's a good dug.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

http://veterinaryteam.dvm360.com/cat-tested-food-puzzles

Came across that today and it was a good basic review of puzzle feeders. I'm trying to decide what one to get for my old, overweight lady but really can't decide. She's a pretty unactive cat, to the point of ignoring toys 95% of the time, so less food for her will be the only healthy way. I also have to be careful not to get one so hard that she stops eating altogether. Rena's survived one bout of fatty liver and one is enough.

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!
If you're after a more simple one for the old dear, the food ball they mentioned is great! It certainly stopped mine from guzzling the food- they're both also quite unresponsive to toys, but even the really dumb idiot face one could figure this thing out.

Kojiro fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Aug 8, 2017

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Kojiro posted:

If you're after a more simple one for the old dear, the food ball they mentioned is great! It certainly stopped mine from guzzling the food- they're both also quite unresponsive to toys, but even the really dumb idiot face one could figure this thing out.

My parents have a dog equivalent. One dog nosed it around patiently. The other dog figured out that picking it up and flinging it gets food out about as fast, and sometimes you get more pieces at once.

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.
Glad to see Butters is slightly less traumatized from his adventures with the new doggo! Super cute!

My "foster" is doing really well. She's finally spending most of her time in my bedroom outside of her hiding place. I keep her in there during the day and my roommate lets her out in the afternoon when she gets home, but she really only comes out of the room if I'm in the living room and my roommate is not around. She's scared of but slowly warming up to my roommate, and if I move around too fast, she prepares to dart back into her hiding place, although now she waits before hiding to see if I'm actually A Scary Thing or if I'm cool.

She had a vet check-up when I picked her up in May, but she still needs bloodwork. Since she's healthy, I wanted to wait until she was acclimated to take her in, so that's next on the list.

Marchegiana
Jan 31, 2006

. . . Bitch.
Our foster Rory goes back to the SPCA today. She still has a little time before she's ready to be adopted, but with all the mayhem here at home (Odin is still sick, I start school Monday and my oldest kid starts drilling for marching band the same day) we felt it would be best for her if she had a foster who could give her more time and attention, especially seeing as she's an older kitten and doesn't have siblings to play with. Considering we got her from a 5-ounce wee thing to a 1 1/2 pound unholy terror of claws and teeth I'm pretty drat proud of that.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Marchegiana posted:

Our foster Rory goes back to the SPCA today. She still has a little time before she's ready to be adopted, but with all the mayhem here at home (Odin is still sick, I start school Monday and my oldest kid starts drilling for marching band the same day) we felt it would be best for her if she had a foster who could give her more time and attention, especially seeing as she's an older kitten and doesn't have siblings to play with. Considering we got her from a 5-ounce wee thing to a 1 1/2 pound unholy terror of claws and teeth I'm pretty drat proud of that.

Congratulations on the successful care! :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
How are everyone's fosters doing?