Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wazzerphuk
Feb 9, 2001

Hating Chelsea before it was cool
Winner of the PWM POTM for September
Winner of the PWM POTM for January
Co-Winner of the PWM POTM for March
James Richardson and Producer Ben are leaving Football Weekly to start the The Totally Football Show, for a new :siren:postcasting consortium:siren: co-owned by Iain Macintosh

http://www.football365.com/news/exclusive-james-richardson-to-leave-guardian-football-weekly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Wow, rip football weekly :stare:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

webmeister posted:

Wow, rip football weekly :stare:

Woah what the gently caress.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Oh no not football weekly. Whatever will I play while sleeping on the train to work on a Tuesday.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Looking forward to Jacob Steinberg's Football Extravaganza

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Now you can hear even more Sid Lowe and wonder how the man hasn't killed himself yet

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
Huh. I thought James was saying goodbye on a podcast. Ironically.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Mandalay posted:

Huh. I thought James was saying goodbye on a podcast. Ironically.

Yeah that last one had a super weird vibe that I couldn't put my finger on.

I assume that all the guardian people are free to do podcasts so they'll just come on the new one and plug the guardian.

Also lol at the perpetual myth that Producer Ben actually contributes anything to the podcast.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
He feeds puns into the ears of Jimbo, so there's that.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

algebra testes posted:

Yeah that last one had a super weird vibe that I couldn't put my finger on.

I assume that all the guardian people are free to do podcasts so they'll just come on the new one and plug the guardian.

Also lol at the perpetual myth that Producer Ben actually contributes anything to the podcast.

he is the producer

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
Update : I still hate Andy

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
It's getting spicy

quote:

Our brand new presenter Max Rushden is joined by the loyal Barry Glendenning, the devoted Gregg Bakowski and the faithful Jonathan Wilson for the first Football Weekly of the 2017-18 football season.

We begin by unpacking the latest star attraction to turn his back on his long-term employers, Neymar, with Sid Lowe.

webmeister fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Aug 3, 2017

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

webmeister posted:

It's getting spicy

lmao this rules

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.
First max ep was good. I'm a genuine fan of both max and jimbo and I'm pretty happy that I'll get to listen to them each on their own shows every week now. Which I guess I all ready did if you count the warm up.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

grvm posted:

First max ep was good. I'm a genuine fan of both max and jimbo and I'm pretty happy that I'll get to listen to them each on their own shows every week now. Which I guess I all ready did if you count the warm up.

Yeah good point.

edit: lol this intro is so good holy poo poo.

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Aug 4, 2017

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Yeah that intro was really good. Barry sounded genuinely pissed off lol

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

webmeister posted:

Most of them are freelancers right? They'll probably take a hit on their rate if they lose subscribers without Jimbo tbh

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Interview with jimbo.

http://www.football365.com/news/james-richardson-on-football-italia-podcasts-and-the-future

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Hoops posted:

Most of them are freelancers right? They'll probably take a hit on their rate if they lose subscribers without Jimbo tbh

Most of them are guardian staff writers, apart from Michael Cox (Zonal Marking/freelancer), Sid Lowe (Freelancer) and maybe a few others that I can't name mostly the foreign ones.

The deal is a lot of them have contracts that allow them to do TV and (I think) maybe Radio but podcasting, when the Guardian already has a podcast, might be a bit murky. I would doubt the writers on staff would be allowed to do it. People like Sid, however, who already do OTHER football podacsts and write for other websites probably would do it.

webmeister posted:

There were a couple of jokes he made that seemed uhhh, very real.

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Aug 4, 2017

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'm glad FW weekly is back. It's hard to recreate Jimbo's cheerfulness but it was a fairly standard episode

psyer
Mar 26, 2013
Here is the place where James Richardson's new podcast will be uploaded. They even posted a coming soon audio for it.

https://audioboom.com/channel/the-totally-football-show-with-james-richardson

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
Hope they didn't blow their budget on licensing the final countdown.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
The football weekly boring podcast guys being incredibly qq buttmad is hillarious to me.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Can't find the 'Totally Football Show' on Overcast for some reason. I've enjoyed Luke and Pete's Summer as a spin off from The Football Ramble, but they're doing a regular European football pod in addition to the Ramble now which I'm not sure there's the need for.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I can search it on iTunes but it says it's available on the Irish store wtf

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Can't find the 'Totally Football Show' on Overcast for some reason. I've enjoyed Luke and Pete's Summer as a spin off from The Football Ramble, but they're doing a regular European football pod in addition to the Ramble now which I'm not sure there's the need for.

So that's 3 a week including the pl preview on Friday? I have enjoyed Luke and Pete's summer.

Honestly dunno if I can be arsed to listen to another different football podcast, even though the current FW people are incredibly bitchmade about the other guys who were so boring i've forgotten their names leaveing.

psyer
Mar 26, 2013
It seems like basically all UK newspaper has a football podcast. The Independent has a new one called the "Indy Football Podcast" and the Telegraph has one called "Total Football Podcast" not to be confused with James Richardson's "Totally Football Show".

Here is the RSS feed for James Richardson's podcast.

https://audioboom.com/channels/4921650.rss

Edit: Looks like the Football Ramble's European football podcast will be on Wednesday and will be hosted by Marcus and Luke with James Horncastle and Andy Brassell. It is called "On the Continent".

Here is the twitter account https://twitter.com/otcpod/

psyer fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Aug 7, 2017

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I think instead of all these bad football podcasts we should listen to Lowtaxses podcast instead. #murdertheinternet

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Paste the URL into overcast.

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.

psyer posted:

It seems like basically all UK newspaper has a football podcast. The Independent has a new one called the "Indy Football Podcast" and the Telegraph has one called "Total Football Podcast" not to be confused with James Richardson's "Totally Football Show".

Here is the RSS feed for James Richardson's podcast.

https://audioboom.com/channels/4921650.rss

Edit: Looks like the Football Ramble's European football podcast will be on Wednesday and will be hosted by Marcus and Luke with James Horncastle and Andy Brassell. It is called "On the Continent".

Here is the twitter account https://twitter.com/otcpod/

I gave up on the Ramble last year but the European one might be worth a listen just for The Top Brass, 5 Lives world football phone in hasn't been as good without him.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
Jimbo's new pod is out. First two minutes are good.

psyer
Mar 26, 2013
Jimbo asks Peter Crouch about the nacho story.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/news/james-richardson-asks-peter-crouch-famous-nachos-story-video/

Edit: Here is the reference to the original story.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mzb5ZlTh2w

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Totally Football Show is 95% football weekly, the only issue is that they apparently think Messi would beat Ronaldo in a fight?? I can barely think of a more ridiculous question

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
It was familiar and good aside from that PSG fanboi

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Mandalay posted:

Jimbo's new pod is out. First two minutes are good.

Hoops posted:

Totally Football Show is 95% football weekly, the only issue is that they apparently think Messi would beat Ronaldo in a fight?? I can barely think of a more ridiculous question

Yeah agreed on both. It, assuming Football Weekly continues, will be good haveing "another" football pod.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
Less reason to listen to Marcotti shout over his guests. I'm all for it.

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.

Mandalay posted:

Less reason to listen to Marcotti shout over his guests. I'm all for it.

The Game is interesting because they talk a bit about the matches and the discussion can be interesting.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
I agree that it's sometimes interesting. But marcotti's love for arguing and the tired cliches from the ex pros are annoying to me.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I actually tweeted about that when Alison Rudd hosted because Marcotti was away saying it was refreshing to have something other than him desperate to be devil's advocate and he liked my tweet :D

Not sure about Kelly Cates on Totally Football Show, hopefully she'll find her feet though I got a total luvvies vibe from her and Jimbo at times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
Totally Football or whatever it's called was good but it was just the Guardian show with different guests.

My hatred for macintosh continues to burn like a thousand sun, however. Doesn't help that he is the instigator behind this coup.