Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
that's what i'm calling Cernovich from now on

Mike "Kept Boy" Cernovich

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

https://mobile.twitter.com/SpicyScrump/status/891904191261749248

https://twitter.com/skincube/status/891905787521409024

BornAPoorBlkChild has issued a correction as of 13:27 on Jul 31, 2017

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR7EIsXzzkM

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/VanguardAm/status/890342045667164160

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

don't alienate your base

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

safely sodomized posted:

lol i cant do it now but im totally going to photoshop my av into the plane window later

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/mikeduncan/status/891628259565293569

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Just need to flip "Sickos" and it'll be :discourse:

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

The thread is pretty much spot on tbh, it's about the Lost Causers which have continued for a century and a half and we now know as redcaps.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

They're right, a confederate is currently in charge of law enforcement.

Also the presidency

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

It's not that the Confederacy didn't lose, but that the planters didn't.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

I love Mike Duncan. I will be buying his book

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

most people you tie to fences or drag behind your vehicles would have lifespans 30 years shorter than normal tbh

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
The House is already off on vacation, when does the Senate leave?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Dirk Pitt posted:

I'm confused. Did Cernovich get divorced from the wife he was "colonizing?"

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

i mean she is right. the confederacy won the peace because johnson was a sympathetic racist(even for the time) dipshit who basicaly bent over backwards for them. grant did better but then hays let them do whatever to keep the peace and to win a contested election. but my guess is she means "racists never went away" . personally i'll give the show a shot because i need a new thing to watch after thrones ends and westworld is year out.

Dapper_Swindler has issued a correction as of 16:57 on Jul 31, 2017

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Reconstruction is just the first sign of the USA being bad at counterinsurgency

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

StashAugustine posted:

Reconstruction is just the first sign of the USA being bad at counterinsurgency

yeah. i would have hung every general officer in the Confederacy and all their political leaders then conducted decimation on ever regiment, because gently caress em, they need to learn.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Yeah de-baathification was such a good idea

(It's complicated and there's no way they would have had the political will to do it)

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

StashAugustine posted:

(It's complicated and there's no way they would have had the political will to do it)

de-baathification failed because it made tens of thousands of Iraqi soldiers of every rank, along with almost the entirety of the iraqi civil service, unemployed overnight, simultaneous with American forces leaving almost all the Iraqi government arsenals unguarded

hanging every officer above lieutenant and every planter head of household, and dividing their land and capital among their former dirt farmer serfs and liberated slaves, would've been a completely different project, undertaken with an army totally different in both structure and purpose from the American invasion force in gulf war 2

you are right that the Yankees lacked anything resembling the political will to undertake such a program though, above all Yankees at every strata of Union society wanted to avoid granting freed slaves sufficient liberty to actually move north into the industrial cities

if the cowards had actually killed off the master class, the South would be a magnificent place to live

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Even if you wiped out the oppression of the aristocracy, there's no escaping the oppressive humidity.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Even if you wiped out the oppression of the aristocracy, there's no escaping the oppressive humidity.

Yeah I was going to say; lets not suck the souths dick that hard

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

or just the heat. texas got this hot while i was there though lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PYt0SDnrBE

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

lancemantis posted:

Yeah I was going to say; lets not suck the souths dick that hard

I'm just saying it could have been merely lovely, rather than profoundly lovely.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
whole buncha people in this thread just jealous of our rings pawwwwwllllll they ain't want none a bama or the sec pawwwwwwwwllllllllllllll

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

lol

https://twitter.com/sfist/status/892099099532509184

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

quote:

Defendants named in the suit included UC President Janet Napolitano, the University of California Regents, UCPD, Berkeley Police Department, Berkeley Mayor Jesse Arreguín, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, and billionaire investor George Soros, among others.
The dismissal seems to be prompted by some legal action by Soros.

SOROS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
maybe it was something more like "Dammit Kiara, this isn't going to help with your McKinsey application; you need to keep your head down"

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Obama not included in the suit, fake news

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

https://twitter.com/pettyyonceh/status/827194766022606848

bug spraying

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

I think what she's saying is that in the Prime reality, the Confederacy did win the war. So now--trapped in our shadow universe--we've created a television show that presents itself as alternative fiction but actually depicts the "true" version of history. Pretty ironic.

Telephones
Apr 28, 2013
I really hate the alt right. Not only are they lame, they want me to be lame too!

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

I think what she's saying is that in the Prime reality, the Confederacy did win the war. So now--trapped in our shadow universe--we've created a television show that presents itself as alternative fiction but actually depicts the "true" version of history. Pretty ironic.

saying the confederacy won the war is a pretty big oversimplification. sure things could have (and should have) been much worse for the planter class who lead the confederacy, but the south went from nearly equal politically to barely holding onto relevance through quirks in the senate (there would not be an elected southern president for over a century, and it'd be LBJ), its economy was relegated to a total backwater, its infrastructure was gutted and never fully recovered until probably the new deal, and even during the worst of jim crow black people were significantly better off than they were under slavery.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah. i would have hung every general officer in the Confederacy and all their political leaders then conducted decimation on ever regiment, because gently caress em, they need to learn.

StashAugustine posted:

I don't know how we'd be as a nation if we had just executed around 120,000 of those folks (I can get on board with the traitor leadership getting a noose though).

Some of you seem to know a lot more about this than I do, let me ask a question:

Wasn't the south producing cotton/tobacco/sugar for the north? Or were they exporting it?

I figure it was similar to today. You buy a shirt at the store and just try and forget that some person in a 3rd world country is making the stuff for you.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

spacetoaster posted:

Wasn't the south producing cotton/tobacco/sugar for the north? Or were they exporting it?

Both. Cotton was already being dethroned as a cash crop over the course of the war though, because Indian and Egyptian cotton which was being produced by the British had been driving down global cotton prices. But the planters wouldn't quit growing cotton even while they couldn't export it because of the Union blockade, and while the South was in desperate need of foodstuffs. They wouldn't quit forcing sharecroppers to grow cotton after the war either, even though it wasn't nearly as valuable anymore.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Not Alt-Right, but I'm told he's a nazi.

https://twitter.com/xbCC0981LdF25kD...r%3D155%23pti30

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Some of you seem to know a lot more about this than I do, let me ask a question:

Isn't it true that during the war of northern aggression

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

reminder Shatner also guested on MLP

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Al! posted:

SOROS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Soros stuff is funny but for some reason, this just cracked me up

quote:

Robles had a semi-active presence on YouTube speaking out about her conservative views and other topics up until several months ago. Her last video was posted March 30, and she talks about gaining over 300 subscribers and not knowing what she should be talking about on YouTube.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Had the Confederacy won the war they would have created a slave empire stretching from Florida through the Caribbean into Venezuela/Colombia, Central America and probably a big chunk of Mexico.