Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

'Tis difficult to breathe...have you an oxygen tank, arisen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I can't get this third wolf star no matter how hard I try. I'm assuming it's the lunge thing, but I've had a few good blocks of those. How perfect does the block have to be? I even tried renting a Fighter with three-star wolf knowledge so she could show it to my main pawn, but it didn't work.

Does anyone have a melee pawn that is really good at perfect blocking? Or if anyone has any of the Wolf Strategy books lying around that would be useful.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
my pawn raquel has 3 stars in wolves last i checked, and i've caught her perfect blocking a fair bit. she's got very good fighter fundamentals.

buttttttt she's a scather first and foremost so loving lol on a bike if you think she's gonna sit still long enough to perfect block a loving wolf. she is a hyper-violent barbarian and i love her that way. i'll log in this evening to see if i have a wolf book for you though, i get some weird stuff from the folks who hire her sometimes.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Thanks a bunch. Add me if you like:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/656549

Even if you don't have any wolf books lying around, I might be able to use a good fighter pawn.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

added. go ahead and hire her, she is mid-ish level with very solid gear. there's a big dearth of halfway thought out pawns around that level so i kinda made the decision to keep her where she is for the moment.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I'm using her right now, I notice she has really good bestiary knowledge so I assume she's popular.

If you need a sorcerer pawn feel free to use mine, I can change the spell loadout as required.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

will do! hope raquel murders many things for you. that's the second time recently i've heard her bestiary knowledge complimented so i should probably use a couple potions to switch her over to scather/utilitarian/challenger instead of scather/challenger/utilitarian.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Does anybody have that level calculator that a redditor made. It was used to reverse engineer what class you needed to be at what level to rebuild your character with the same stats.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

BattleTech posted:

Does anybody have that level calculator that a redditor made. It was used to reverse engineer what class you needed to be at what level to rebuild your character with the same stats.

I don't but this guide is good:
http://dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Specific_Build_Objective:_Maximizing_Arisen_and_Main_Pawn_Stats

Green Gloves
Mar 3, 2008
Any good mods out? Looking to jump back in with my Magick Archer, wasnt much to do after I ran Daimon a few times and got the bitterblack isle gear.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
To this day I still don't believe there is a tertiary inclination and that it's just made up nonsense.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

The loving bearded armorer guy is my love interest

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

They're masterwork balls, you can't go wrong

OutofSight
May 4, 2017

Phlegmish posted:

Caxton, my true love.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Phlegmish posted:

They tried to make it way harder to romance that guy. You must REALLY like the masterworks, my dude.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I was briefly disappointed but then couldn't stop laughing at the scene of the two bearded guys making out.

Least he could do is give me a discount

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Lunethex posted:

To this day I still don't believe there is a tertiary inclination and that it's just made up nonsense.

I can assure you that there is. You can even see the values go up and down when you try to swap secondary and tertiary.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Coolguye, Raquel served me well all the way up to level 63. Out of curiosity, how many rift crystals did that net you?

I'm now going to start using a goon's level 133 support mage with incredible bestiary knowledge.

if anyone could use my level 63 sorcerer, add me: http://steamcommunity.com/id/656549

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Books are the real treasures of the world!
Fun Shoe
I think that support mage is mine. If she's super hot, has a crazy sexy outfit, and a sultry voice it's definitely my pawn.

She also has a sweet hat.

She should be set to buff, heal, and give excellent advice. She also has an item that will bring her back to life provided you did not hurl her off a cliff. Of course, if you're on my friend list she's free to hire anyway, so go nuts.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Phlegmish posted:

Coolguye, Raquel served me well all the way up to level 63. Out of curiosity, how many rift crystals did that net you?

I'm now going to start using a goon's level 133 support mage with incredible bestiary knowledge.

if anyone could use my level 63 sorcerer, add me: http://steamcommunity.com/id/656549

70,667 RC. She also brought back a fair bit of extra knowledge (I got "An Unfamiliar Foe x2), so that was loving productive as hell.

Somewhat related: I've got the itch to restart the game again, but considering how many hires Raquel gets, I'm trying to slough her off to a family share account so she remains available for people. I successfully ported my game save over to the new account (which took a little finagling; it keeps your steam account ID in the save game, so I had to do some editing), but I'm having trouble hiring her from the new account. The new account can hire the original just fine, leading to twin pawns.

I'd appreciate it if some of you could friend the new account and tell me if you can hire her. I suspect she's been tempbanned due to my bullshit importing, but I'm hoping that'll clear up. http://steamcommunity.com/id/raquelpawn/

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Lonjon posted:

I think that support mage is mine. If she's super hot, has a crazy sexy outfit, and a sultry voice it's definitely my pawn.

She also has a sweet hat.

She should be set to buff, heal, and give excellent advice. She also has an item that will bring her back to life provided you did not hurl her off a cliff. Of course, if you're on my friend list she's free to hire anyway, so go nuts.

She's a looker alright. The self-revival came in handy when I was fighting the gore cyclops, considering all my pawns died about twenty times each. In the end, I still had to run away. That enemy is tough as hell.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Coolguye posted:

70,667 RC. She also brought back a fair bit of extra knowledge (I got "An Unfamiliar Foe x2), so that was loving productive as hell.

Somewhat related: I've got the itch to restart the game again, but considering how many hires Raquel gets, I'm trying to slough her off to a family share account so she remains available for people. I successfully ported my game save over to the new account (which took a little finagling; it keeps your steam account ID in the save game, so I had to do some editing), but I'm having trouble hiring her from the new account. The new account can hire the original just fine, leading to twin pawns.

I'd appreciate it if some of you could friend the new account and tell me if you can hire her. I suspect she's been tempbanned due to my bullshit importing, but I'm hoping that'll clear up. http://steamcommunity.com/id/raquelpawn/

It says the profile is set to private.

I might legitimately hire her again, my current Fighter pawn isn't working out against bosses. I need a good Scather.

e: wanted to edit that in but double-posted by accident

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Keep in mind defense is flat reduction so if you or the pawns aren't breaking it,it absolutely will be a slog

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

The gorecyclops is lame because it's a rad-looking enemy but for some reason they decided that in their monster-climbing game the 30 foot tall monster shouldn't be climbable because when you grab on it just flails around nonstop and you can't move and then your stamina empties out.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Phlegmish posted:

It says the profile is set to private.

I might legitimately hire her again, my current Fighter pawn isn't working out against bosses. I need a good Scather.

e: wanted to edit that in but double-posted by accident

Fixed, go ahead and add. Didn't make it show up properly on the rift, though, at least on my primary.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Phlegmish posted:

If what I remember is right from testing with Mad Dragon way back when on 360, RC's earned is about 1% of exp earned with the pawn.

E: wiki says it starts at 10% and then varys from there,
htttp://dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Rift_Crystal

BattleTech fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jul 29, 2017

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Shear Modulus posted:

The gorecyclops is lame because it's a rad-looking enemy but for some reason they decided that in their monster-climbing game the 30 foot tall monster shouldn't be climbable because when you grab on it just flails around nonstop and you can't move and then your stamina empties out.

Liquid Vim posted:

A medicine what wholly prevents one's Stamina from draining for a period of time (45 seconds).

(The shaking is still an issue, but less of one if you're on top of his head.)

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Pro gorecyclops strat is be an on fire magick archer and clinging to the head before he breaks free and stabbing his dome so hard that he just flinches until he dies

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I just stood on the ledge above him and spammed Sixfold Bolt for ten minutes straight. I warned my pawns beforehand that I wasn't coming down for them if they got themselves killed in an idiotic way, and they took it to heart. All of them were standing at the end of the fight.

The gorecyclops is the definition of a bullet sponge enemy, maybe he becomes fun to fight when you're level 200 and you can see his health bar go down more than a picometer at a time.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Yeah, the three ways to kill the gorecylops are 1. Use sixfold bolt a zillion times, 2. stand behind his left (i think) foot where his stomping animation is easy to dodge and hack at his ankles for ten minutes, or 3. get extremely lucky to get off several sorcerer spells

It's like you said, it seems impossible to get on his head after he starts moving

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Shear Modulus posted:

Yeah, the three ways to kill the gorecylops are 1. Use sixfold bolt a zillion times, 2. stand behind his left (i think) foot where his stomping animation is easy to dodge and hack at his ankles for ten minutes, or 3. get extremely lucky to get off several sorcerer spells

It's like you said, it seems impossible to get on his head after he starts moving

You don't need to be lucky to get spells off, every Gorecyclops in the game has some spot you can stand to avoid literally all their attacks. Then you just spam things like Glical until dead.

Their def is way too loving high though, its hard to pierce without really good Bitterblack gear which you almost certainly won't have the first few times you run into them. It makes them a fairly boring fight because either they murder you or you plink them to death from complete safety.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Shear Modulus posted:

4. Climb on the back of its head while it's still chained, use 4 periapts, then slice off its mask and rip its eye apart to kill it in less than 30 seconds.

The problem is that if any part of this goes wrong such as your dumbass pawns releasing it early then you're stuck with 1-3, because good luck ever hanging onto this lovely enemy and still being able to do anything once it's flailing around with its default cyclops animations that are just sped up 3x

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

It's not that hard to clamber back on the head. You just need to make use of jumps alot to reduce his frequency of shaking. Biggest issue is stamina consumption which is why Liquid Vim is so valuable. If you don't have a good setup you can also just skip them, assuming your Pawns don't free them like idiots (which they probably will do).

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

The Adept's Hat is pretty good piece of headwear for a sorcerer, even if it looks like a Halloween witch hat. Has anyone found anything even better?

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Adept's Hat is bad, just like most mage headgear, because it hides your character's hair and looks dumb. Circlets are good. Also helmets when they're character appropriate.

(The Adept's Hat has good stats for an early BBI hat and is arguably better than the mage headgear you can get from Lv. 2 Bitterblack armor. It also looks slightly less silly than the unicorn circlet you may have seen some pawns wearing. If you're playing for stats it's an excellent choice until the Lv. 3 armor starts dropping.)

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

you're in BBI now so get ready for a lot of sweatpants

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Are we talking that very first Gorecyclops you meet that's chained up in like the third area of BBI? Because that rear end in a top hat has massively inflated stats and is larger than most of the others and you're not supposed to take him on that early. You can, because this is Dragma and everything can be murdered by a Magick Archer, but there's a reason he's that goddamn hard to kill.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

I don't think I've ever actually fought that one since the pawn AI is nice enough to restrain itself from rushing in and waking it up it seems but the two in the big room near the end with the handful of sorcerer enemies always get woken up by my pawns while fighting said sorcerer enemies and then there's the two in the fort who you kill for a quest and all of them are chores to kill.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

chiming in to agree that goreclops are pieces of poo poo and next time i fight one, I'm just gonna start using spell gems until either it dies or I run out, because I'm not wasting blast arrows or 20 minutes on those guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
My brotip for goreclops hunting on any class that cannot easily dunk them is make sure you're at everfall in the main quest, godsbane yourself some bbi level 2 weapons at least, 3 if you somehow killed daimon and don't have problems with post daimon bbi, get Fournival to sell you a loving truckload of Talagius' miracles and salomet's secrets and drink four of each than stab the back of his right foot till he dies. I was under level 100 and easily putting out goreclopses easily with that. Alternatively, bring / be a high end sorcerer with gicel and watch him loose a healthbar every time.