Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Well those spoilers are all pretty loving on point aren't they.

Don't know whether I should feel bad about reading them or not, kind of looking forward to seeing how it plays out. Wonder what the cliffhanger for this season will be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

mastershakeman posted:

can someone repost the season spoilers so I can see how accurate they've been

That looks like a hell of a lot of stuff needs to happen in just 4 (?) episodes.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Solice Kirsk posted:

There's episode by episode spoilers if you click my latest probation that seem even more accurate. I'd post them, but I'm on my phone.

You can get probated in GBS for spoilers? Our GBS? What the hell? I'd just assumed nothing happened worth spoiling this season because the GBS thread didn't have it's title changed to spoilers.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

TeaJay posted:

That looks like a hell of a lot of stuff needs to happen in just 4 (?) episodes.

highgarden fell in thirty seconds. plot beats take no time in this show compared to dramatically showing a cool location they scouted

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Senor Tron posted:

Wonder what the cliffhanger for this season will be.

Seems like The Night King taking the wall down with his Ice Dragon is going to be a good candidate for an ending of dread.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Adonis posted:

you know this is a fantasy show and not history right? what the gently caress do you mean 'back then'

lmao

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Back in 286 AC people used to care about poo poo, now it's all tits here and dragons there.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

TheRat posted:

She asked him for 14 days (a fortnight), and swore she would pay her debts by then. Then she sacked Highgarden, and in the trailer for the next episode we see her giving the iron bank Tyrell gold. Do any of you actually watch the show or are you just making up random complaints in your furious minds?

no house has anywhere near enough gold to pay off the debt to the iron bank.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
it's really loving funny if the reason the wall falls is due to humans raiding north of it

the maesters were right, White walkers are real but don't matter unless you're so stupid as to head into their territory with dragons and lose them lmao

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account

Groovelord Neato posted:

no house has anywhere near enough gold to pay off the debt to the iron bank.

If I'm not mistaken doesn't the Crown owe the Iron Bank something like 2 million gold?

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Solice Kirsk posted:

think Varys lost his Westeros spy ring to Qyburn.

And the sweets to bribe some other kids were on Asha's ship?

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Rojo_Sombrero posted:

If I'm not mistaken doesn't the Crown owe the Iron Bank something like 2 million gold?

Might be more because Cersei isn't exactly a thrifty monarch. Remember those giant ships she built that immediately got stolen?

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account
Good point

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Senor Tron posted:

Well those spoilers are all pretty loving on point aren't they.

Don't know whether I should feel bad about reading them or not, kind of looking forward to seeing how it plays out. Wonder what the cliffhanger for this season will be.

If you just read all of the spoilers and stop watching then you miss out on the tits.

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

What the heck is going on in here???
There's more detailed spoilers on reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/6q6tdx/swordofthevenings_translations_of_frikidoctors/

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Adonis posted:

you know this is a fantasy show and not history right? what the gently caress do you mean 'back then'

Posts like this really do mean that the show has killed what made Got unique

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
Goddamn now even Varys wears lovely grey/black? It all looks so boring and same-y combined with all the dark backgrounds like disembodied faces talking.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Even the wardrobe dept is phoning it in now.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

these are awesome. I remain firmly committed to team eursei.

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006

StopHangingDjs posted:

Were people actually expecting Dany to just poo poo stomp every villain for the next 3 seasons?

They didn't have to give Daenerys three allies (Greyjoys, Martells, and Tyrells) only to dispose of them in three episodes.

The problem is they set up a situation where Daenerys was much more likely to win than Cersei, and they just rewrote things to even it out. Pointlessly; they just should have never written themselves into that corner.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Pedro De Heredia posted:

They didn't have to give Daenerys three allies (Greyjoys, Martells, and Tyrells) only to dispose of them in three episodes.

This. It would have been less stupid if Olenna and Dorne just never met with Daenerys in the middle of the sea. Like Varys hosed up the directions and they kept on sailing to Qarth and dissapeared from the plot altogether.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdA6lQ6ymhU&t=88s

Hilarious in hindsight how this fan fullfilment vid is actually predicting most of this season...4 years ago.

"Brienne! Bronn! The Hound! And Jaime Lannister!"

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
it's extremely funny that olenna and elaria didn't mention how terrible their armies are in the grand strategy session. they couldn't even defend themselves, how were they going to siege King's landing

anyways who cares cersei is gonna win and euron is gonna put a finger in her butt double

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
I wanted Casterly Rock to be taller than The Wall. I was okay with every single thing the show did until that but now I HATE IT.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Hey guys I'm Euron. I'm gonna intercept ships going to Dorne. Then take prisoners back to King's landing. Then be at the other side of thr land mass in time for the unsullied's attack despite them leaving at the same time as the other ships heading to Dorne.

No big deal.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Shwqa posted:

Hey guys I'm Euron. I'm gonna intercept ships going to Dorne. Then take prisoners back to King's landing. Then be at the other side of thr land mass in time for the unsullied's attack despite them leaving at the same time as the other ships heading to Dorne.

No big deal.

euron has literal magic abilities in the books . roll with it

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Peanut President posted:

I wanted Casterly Rock to be taller than The Wall. I was okay with every single thing the show did until that but now I HATE IT.

Casterly Rock is a special castle that's never been taken

Casterly Rock is a normal castle on a field

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

mastershakeman posted:

it's extremely funny that olenna and elaria didn't mention how terrible their armies are in the grand strategy session. they couldn't even defend themselves, how were they going to siege King's landing

anyways who cares cersei is gonna win and euron is gonna put a finger in her butt double

At least with Olenna they shoved in the plot point that the Tarlys turned against them and we can assume a lot of the Tyrell army died in the Sept boom boom

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Peanut President posted:

Look at the Vale, Winterfell, KL, Riverrun, and Dragonstone in the concept art vs how it's portrayed in the show. Pretty damned close

Now look at Casterly Rock and Highgarden. It's almost an afterthought

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

mastershakeman posted:

How many times does someone has to say that Tarly turned on the Tyrells before it starts registering?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

bad plotting can't be used to defend other bad plotting.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

TheRat posted:

How many times does someone has to say that Tarly turned on the Tyrells before it starts registering?

yeah that's now how things work but sure whatever . if tarly had been defending the castle and opened the gates it'd at least have been a tiny bit better. highgarden had the only real army untouched by war, had plenty of food and money, and then couldn't defend a castle against an army without siege equipment.

I mean I don't care at all and the plotting has been unbelievably lazy for 2 and a half seasons now , it's just funny

Dr. Poz
Sep 8, 2003

Dr. Poz just diagnosed you with a serious case of being a pussy. Now get back out there and hit them till you can't remember your kid's name.

Pillbug
I too cannot imagine the most prominent Bannermen of a noble house causing a schism that results in a number of their lesser Bannermen staying loyal to the crown over the house they've sworn fealty.

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

How much has Sam heard about Jon? His death/resurrection? That he beat the Bolton's and is KotN? I can't remember.

I was just thinking that learning about Jon's situation could motivate him to return to Winterfell. Maybe he learns something about Jon's parentage.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Like the Tyrells being one of the few large, well provisioned armies left in the kingdom has been a plot point for 2 and a half seasons right up until last episode when they were going to be the main sieging force against King's Landing. Castles being really hard to storm was established 5 minutes earlier in this episode with Tyrion providing voice over about how it leads to heavy losses even with him having exclusive knowledge of a secret entrance.

The Lannisters rolling into Highgarden in a single afternoon without suffering major losses to their main force is pretty hilarious after all that, but not as hilarious as everyone defending it as anything but a lazy way to make the Lannisters a compelling threat as quickly as possible.

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe

Shwqa posted:

No big deal.

Eeeeeh I get the complaint, but you're assuming Euron was *with* that part of his fleet that showed up at Casterly Rock, and unless I blinked and missed it, they don't show him. He could easily have gone back with a small fleet to King's Landing while sending the rest on.

Not saying he did or didn't, just that he could have.

ComposerGuy fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jul 31, 2017

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Cornflakes posted:

How much has Sam heard about Jon? His death/resurrection? That he beat the Bolton's and is KotN? I can't remember.

I was just thinking that learning about Jon's situation could motivate him to return to Winterfell. Maybe he learns something about Jon's parentage.

I think it's pretty likely he finds the annulment of marriage between Raeghar his wife in those scrolls and runs north to tell Jon?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Blitz7x posted:

I think it's pretty likely he finds the annulment of marriage between Raeghar his wife in those scrolls and runs north to tell Jon?

The expended spoilers had a bit on this: Sam and Bran talk about it, and Bran tells Sam that Jon is actually Jon Sand (from having watched Tower of Joy). Sam then says no, he found records of annulment of Rhaegar's marriage to Elia, and that he then married Lyanna. Jon's real name is Aegon Targaryen. Bran then watches a bunch of flashbacks of Rhaegar and Lyanna getting married + Lyanna telling Ned the name of her child.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
God that episode was terrible. Somebody needs to give the writers a good hard smack.

YOU DO NOT BUILD DRAMATIC TENSION BY MAKING THE PROTAGONISTS STUPID

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

grack posted:

God that episode was terrible. Somebody needs to give the writers a good hard smack.

YOU DO NOT BUILD DRAMATIC TENSION BY MAKING THE PROTAGONISTS STUPID

the protagonists are cersei and euron

• Locked thread