Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UHD
Nov 11, 2006

is that "if pelosi leaves he'll be the new leader by succession" or is that "suck zone for hoyer" I can't tell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

I really miss having Harkin around as a senator, I wonder how different things might be if his presidential bid in 1992 has gone better.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

UHD posted:

is that "if pelosi leaves he'll be the new leader by succession" or is that "suck zone for hoyer" I can't tell

former. I think we'd much rather suck zone for ol' Keith if minority leader was an elective position

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
https://twitter.com/CarlBeijer/status/891885393519534080

"ACA improvements" feels like i've heard this before 🤔

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Scent of Worf posted:

I thought the Obama era got rid of all the Blue Dogs.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Scent of Worf posted:

lmebo they didnt even endorse them??? what did they just mention that they existed??????

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

UHD posted:

who in the house would replace pelosi if she had a stroke and stepped down as minority leader

Subcomandante Marcos would.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

floor leader is elected by the caucus

which isnt to say that there wouldnt be a hoyer shaped favorite to win

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

lol

makes sense that he wouldn't support something like the NHS which the queen has, tho

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

centrists are so pragmatic they see no path to victory in 2018?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Joementum posted:

makes sense that he wouldn't support something like the NHS which the queen has, tho

the American taxpayer is dumping money into the black hole that is john McCain's brain tumor so he can help Republicans deny health care to millions upon millions, fiscal responsibility is a lie

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The fact that Lyndon LaRouche is still around is insane to me.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

but what makes the maid happy? does she also get a maid and takeout???

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

I'm sure the maid will also be overjoyed for having to slave her days away.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

FactsAreUseless posted:

The fact that Lyndon LaRouche is still around is insane to me.
they'd set up booth outside the post office where i used to live

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

they'd set up booth outside the post office where i used to live

They still do in my neighborhood (Jackson heights, queens) now and then

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Scent of Worf posted:

we will lose every election

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

You're very clever, young man, very clever, but it's maids all the way down

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/891996053611917312
trump is a good dem now

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

i'm glad pelosi has shown up to prove just how idiotic the lesser of two evils option is

by voting for bad dems like pelosi to retain power, you help make sure 1000s of good dems lose their seats instead. the bad dems will happily and gladly sacrifice good dems as long as they keep getting megadonor funbux. governing is not a concern for them

it's the trolley problem, where you could save tons of good dems by letting pelosi and her scum get wiped out, but centrists are rushing at you saying "DON'T YOU PULL THAT LEVER YOU'LL BE A MEGAMURDERER!!!"

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Kiss the chef
Nah gut, skin, and eat the chef before he eats the rest

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

lol no

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

the maid is empowered to be her own boss with my disruptive new gig economy app, indenturr

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

oh good he's gonna pull the plug on the subsidies and kill thousands.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

UHD posted:

lol no

I mean I'm gonna be perfectly honest here, the only part of this tweet I specifically disagree with is "& it is"

(Obamacare is only "hurting people" relative to what it could have been, not at all relative to what came before it)

the problem is that the way he eventually finishes this thought will not be good

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
I'm sure this will receive proportionate outrage to the Heath Mellow situation.

https://twitter.com/bkamisar/status/892024701970731012

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

loquacius posted:

I mean I'm gonna be perfectly honest here, the only part of this tweet I specifically disagree with is "& it is"

Dyson Sphere Brain

Serf
May 5, 2011

Joementum posted:

jesus loving christ

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Joementum posted:

At issue with the Mellow situation was that he claimed to be a left wing Berniecrat. You expect that out of a conservative democrat from hicksville, but for leftists abortion should be non-negotiable.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Also I actually do not know what the thread position is on abortion litmus tests because it really seems to do a 180 based entirely on where the DNC stands that given week.

Serf
May 5, 2011

not supporting full abortion rights is just a losing issue. no one from the anti-abortion side is going to be swayed by a democrat saying they're against abortion. you just lose people who would otherwise support you and gain nothing

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Willa Rogers posted:

agreed but alas, he also had a baby-mama while his wife was (a) his campaign manager, and (b) dying of cancer.

edwards was v kennedyesque, which means he would have also done a war somehow

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Serf posted:

not supporting full abortion rights is just a losing issue. no one from the anti-abortion side is going to be swayed by a democrat saying they're against abortion. you just lose people who would otherwise support you and gain nothing

I agree.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

it's almost unimaginable that an anti-choice candidate would win a primary for national office outside of an unwinnable +40 R shithole

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Fallen Hamprince posted:

it's almost unimaginable that an anti-choice candidate would win a primary for national office outside of an unwinnable +40 R shithole

Canadian lol

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

zegermans posted:

At issue with the Mellow situation was that he claimed to be a left wing Berniecrat. You expect that out of a conservative democrat from hicksville, but for leftists abortion should be non-negotiable.

basically the issue was the centrists wanted to attack bernie and mello seeemed like a good way to do it.

why is the "cutting off our nose to spite our face" wing of the party considered pragmatic?

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

loquacius posted:

(Obamacare is only "hurting people" relative to what it could have been, not at all relative to what came before it)

the problem is that the way he eventually finishes this thought will not be good

I don't disagree

calling trump good because the broken clock was right once ignores the part where he will gladly donate a midwest town to a zoo for meat if it meant he got a cut

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

zegermans posted:

People can held any personal views they want as long as they don't conflict with their commitment to safeguard the freedoms of others. Mello was politically pro-choice, but privately against abortions in a way that didn't affect his constituents.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

zegermans posted:

I mean, that's not what people were saying about him, what they were saying is that he was proof Bernie Sanders (and by extension all leftists) hates women

zegermans posted:

Also I actually do not know what the thread position is on abortion litmus tests because it really seems to do a 180 based entirely on where the DNC stands that given week.

It's kind of hilarious to me that abortion rights are as core a belief as the Democratic party has and they can't even agree on that

UHD posted:

I don't disagree

calling trump good because the broken clock was right once ignores the part where he will gladly donate a midwest town to a zoo for meat if it meant he got a cut

I mean there is the distinct possibility that the post calling him a good dem was not meant entirely seriously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I won't support pro-life Dems. It's me, I'm the social issues voter.

• Locked thread