Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

iospace posted:

Sir, this is a taco bell drive through

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

iospace posted:

Sir, this is a taco bell drive through

Can I have your autograph Mr. Dixon?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNQ99pOqBC4

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Mike The Bike explains why cars suck. Must be depressing to be an F1 driver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_SLOiYLe9I

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Taco Bell closed 9 minutes ago. gently caress, I'm hungry.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

1500quidporsche posted:

Welcome back Tony.

kyojin
Jun 15, 2005

I MASHED THE KEYS AND LOOK WHAT I MADE

Thanks Ants posted:

It's lights out and away we go :suicide:

You think you're sick of hearing it, imagine how his wife feels

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Wirth1000 posted:

Look how long Ferrari went without a title until Michael "I'm Joe Rogan and I'm gonna interview a brain dead guy right after I interview this guy who literally just got concussed" Schumacher came along with Ross Brawn & Co. and loving puked all over F1 and made a mockery of its every level of beauracracy, politics and whatnot and now the mastermind is running the entire FIA and practically acts like every sleazy disgusting dirty rear end political move or on track move he ever was part of or orchestrated never happened and his wife is now the captain of some horrible god awful Star Trek show which literally no one wants and put in a really loving weird time period not to mention what the gently caress is wrong with the Klingons why is it so hard for them to just make a new Star Trek show that takes place after DS9 which by the way is the greatest sci-fi TV show ever created so frankly its a matter of time in terms of it being sooner rather than later that paddy lowe and co. are going to turn around williams' fortune but it doesn't help when mercedes plucked our star driver leaving us with someone who had literally retired 5 minutes ago and a billionaire kid whose father paid for him to literally take an entire crew of people, cars and renting track time at some of the most world reknowned tracks in the world just so this dumb loving kid can acclimitise to everything and hes still loving poo poo and his dad is a businessman so maybe he'll put aside that his cum fermented into what the gently caress lance stroll is and realize hes just a bad business investment and stop this insane global embarssment of his son so lance can just end up in forrmula e so no williams IS the best and ive gone throujgh even the loving kazuki nakajima and williams toyota era for this poo poo so i'm gonna loving see another williams wdc/wcc in my god drat lifetime you fucker.

Williams/Are Dan, 2020 WCC/WDC tag team combo. Just like Are Jonesy.
Phwoar.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

kyojin posted:

:stonk:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

kyojin posted:

God drat.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Wirth1000 posted:

Look how long Ferrari went without a title until Michael "I'm Joe Rogan and I'm gonna interview a brain dead guy right after I interview this guy who literally just got concussed" Schumacher came along with Ross Brawn & Co. and loving puked all over F1 and made a mockery of its every level of beauracracy, politics and whatnot and now the mastermind is running the entire FIA and practically acts like every sleazy disgusting dirty rear end political move or on track move he ever was part of or orchestrated never happened and his wife is now the captain of some horrible god awful Star Trek show which literally no one wants and put in a really loving weird time period not to mention what the gently caress is wrong with the Klingons why is it so hard for them to just make a new Star Trek show that takes place after DS9 which by the way is the greatest sci-fi TV show ever created so frankly its a matter of time in terms of it being sooner rather than later that paddy lowe and co. are going to turn around williams' fortune but it doesn't help when mercedes plucked our star driver leaving us with someone who had literally retired 5 minutes ago and a billionaire kid whose father paid for him to literally take an entire crew of people, cars and renting track time at some of the most world reknowned tracks in the world just so this dumb loving kid can acclimitise to everything and hes still loving poo poo and his dad is a businessman so maybe he'll put aside that his cum fermented into what the gently caress lance stroll is and realize hes just a bad business investment and stop this insane global embarssment of his son so lance can just end up in forrmula e so no williams IS the best and ive gone throujgh even the loving kazuki nakajima and williams toyota era for this poo poo so i'm gonna loving see another williams wdc/wcc in my god drat lifetime you fucker.

Source?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

kyojin posted:

:golfclap:

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Thanks for ruining my day already, worst thread.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

800+ unread posts, I fell asleep twice last night whilst trying to watch a recording of the race.. I've already ruined the result accidentally (yay scud!) but is it worth watching the race for any other drama? I think I dozed off just after that first safety car period.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
So this weekend I did manage to watch the race live, but I had the shits (my posts) around lap 40 and then I decided to play Euro Truck Simulator 2 instead.

1. S. Vettel Ferrari - 11/10 - Again he's the best driver who drives for the best team. He's the best, even when the car has a wonky steering wheel he's still the best.
2. K. Raikkonen Ferrari - 10/10 - Couldn't remember who Bottas was and hell, neither can I
3. V. Bottas Mercedes - 4/10 - Somehow cheated his way up to 3rd? Mercedes are cheats and should be banned
4. L. Hamilton Mercedes - When his radio was broken I'd give him 10/10 but then they turned it back on again -4/10
5. M. Verstappen Red Bull - PHWOOOOOOAR WHAT A RECOVERY DRIVE BY BIG MAX THE MAX MAN MAX COULD'VE WONE THE RACE BUT WAS ILLEGALLY PENALIZED BY THE FIA FOR UNKNOWN REASONS 69/10
6. F. Alonso McLaren - I forgot MacLaren had a Fromula 1 team, I was gonna say they should go back to making kids prams but it looks like big Fred did well this race /10
7. C. Sainz Jr. - A good lad that means well, but somehow got beaten by a MacLaren 420/9001
8. S. Pérez Force India - OH MY GOD
9. E. Ocon Force India - I DONT CARE
10. S. Vandoorne McLaren - I can't believe that MacLaren as a pram manufacturer were able to field two cars, let alone two cars that managed to finish in the points funny number/10
11. K. Magnussen Haas - Told Hulkenberg to suck his rear end, honey TOP BANTZ/10
12. D. Kvyat Toro Rosso - Did I say I like to play Euro Truck Simulator 2, it's a good game. I was going to play some raceroom, but I was too lazy to bother setting up the wheel so I just decided to play ETS2 with the controller instead.
13. J. Palmer Renault - Phwoar, looks like Palmer easily beat his teammate again. Top top top driving from the big Jol man. 10/10
14. L. Stroll Williams - Another much maligned rookie absolutely destroying his much more experienced team mate again. Look's like Canada has another Jacques Villeneuve on their hands 🇨🇦/10
15. P. Wehrlein Sauber - Sauber have a Formula 1 team?
16. M. Ericsson Sauber - I can't belive these guys have a Formula 1 team. I liked that group C Mercedes car they made
17. N. Hulkenberg Renault - Little qq baby who can't handle the #BANTZ #ENTERTHEBANTZZONE again got beaten by his superior teammate and I hope they replace him with some random Polish person with no arms 2/10
Did not finish
18. P. di Resta Williams - Och aye, shes turned me the weans against us https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyayJk_ft_0/10
19. R. Grosjean Haas - I think this is the point where I had the shits
20. D. Ricciardo Red Bull - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH LOL

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

enri posted:

800+ unread posts, I fell asleep twice last night whilst trying to watch a recording of the race.. I've already ruined the result accidentally (yay scud!) but is it worth watching the race for any other drama? I think I dozed off just after that first safety car period.

For a race where Hamilton's radio was broken for half the race, Ferrari went 1-2, Nando placed sixth and sat in a lounge chair, and Brundle was on vacation, it was surprisingly boring.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

enri posted:

There's a 5min highlights on youtube. Watch that and maybe a couple of post race interviews which will be linked in YT suggestions.

E:
here (don't watch on the forum page, click titles to load YT on another tab for extra stuff):

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Jul 31, 2017

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Perfect, that'll do :) ta

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Track gay bro's review is spot on again.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My friend track day bro !is correct as usual. Also this race had crashes, team strategy, car failiures and Scuderia Ferrari won 1-2. If you ask me best race since Monaco. Bahrein or Australia 2017.

Also my lady friend really liked watching the races and her favorites are Scuderia Ferrari and Fernando Alonso. She is a good girl, need to drink a little less and dont bite my loving neck when she is nervious.

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Jul 31, 2017

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

track day bro! posted:

L. Hamilton Mercedes - When his radio was broken I'd give him 10/10 but then they turned it back on again -4/10
Almost good for a thread title right there. We can only hope Lewis has radio trouble for the rest of the year.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Wirth1000 posted:

put aside that his cum fermented into what the gently caress lance stroll is.
poetry

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Pwhoar, what a great way to start the week

http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/opinion/f1/nico-rosberg-podcast-association-mercedes-benz

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Funny, I just drove over here and stepped inside my posting studio to dump this Nico Rosberg interview from the driving section of The Sunday Times. He says he's all good with Lewis now and then talks about some car stuff.

quote:

ME AND MY MOTOR: NICO ROSBERG, FORMULA ONE CHAMPION
Learnt to drive at the age of five

WHEN NICO Rosberg quit motor racing days after winning the 2016 Formula One world championship, there was speculation that his intense rivalry with Lewis Hamilton was the reason for the shock decision.

The pair were Mercedes teammates and had been rivals since their karting days. Their feud came to a head when their cars collided at the Austrian Grand Prix in July last year. The championship was decided at the final race of the season in Abu Dhabi and Rosberg’s knife-edge victory left Hamilton angry.

But the pair appear to have buried the hatchet after bumping into each other in London. “It’s so weird how things happen,” says Rosberg, 32. “I was walking towards my car in this random area and he ran past. It was really good to see each other. Things are good with Lewis.”

Rosberg hasn’t ruled out a return to motor sport, but he won’t be rushing back. “For now, I have no plans to pull on a racing suit, be it Formula One, Le Mans or anything else,” he says.
“There are some things I miss, but that feeling seldom happens because I’m so happy. If I miss anything, it’s the thrill of winning a race — that was so drat awesome.”

Rosberg, whose father, Keke, won the F1 championship in 1982, is now in a “phase of exploration” and taking things at a slower pace at home in Monaco with his wife, Vivian, and their daughter, Alaia, who will turn two at the end of August. The couple’s second child is due in September.

“Now I have the time to win at other things in life,” says Rosberg. “It was perfect the way 2016 went for me — and the way it ended. It couldn’t have been better.”

Rosberg’s father is Finnish and his mother, Sina, is German. He grew up mainly in Monaco and was too young to watch his father compete in F1, but remembers him driving in the German touring car masters series. “Dad was a great driver. I didn’t realise how good until I was in my teens. That was how my passion for racing started — watching him. My bedroom wall was covered in racing posters.

“Dad taught me [to drive] when I was five in his open-top Jeep Wrangler. He took me to a go-kart track in Ibiza and I stretched to reach the pedals.”

Despite racing go-karts from the age of six, Rosberg admits he was over-confident about his driving test. “I didn’t practise the parking manoeuvre and had quite a difficult moment getting into the space. Reversing is not a natural thing for a racing driver.”

His first car was an Audi RS 6, handed down from his father. “He gave me the safest model he could think of. It was a pretty amazing car to start with.”

Then came an Audi RS 4, before Rosberg joined Mercedes in 2010 and owned a string of its road cars. His first choice was a 6.2-litre SLS convertible. “I would drive that, top down, around the mountains behind Monaco. I’ve always been OK on the road — I don’t need to go flat out because I’ve had the racetrack to go crazy.”

He now owns a pair of Mercedes SUVs and a 1970 Mercedes 280 SL convertible, with a “pagoda” roof. “I love it for top-down cruising along the Mediterranean coast with my wife.”
Rosberg may still be deciding on his next move, but he has not stopped watching F1 and claims he is even cheering on his old rival.

“I still love to watch a grand prix on television. I’m a Mercedes F1 ambassador so I cheer for them. I know so many of the guys in the team and, after all, they helped me achieve my childhood dream.”

Nico Rosberg: my life in cars

2003 Audi RS 6
2007 Audi RS 4
2010 Mercedes SLS AMG
2012 Mercedes G 63 AMG
2013 1970 Mercedes 280 SL
2016 Mercedes GLE
My dream car Ferrari 250 GT California Spider SWB

https://www.driving.co.uk/news/interview/mamm/motor-nico-rosberg-formula-one-champion/

At least he picked something that would actually be relatively unattainable for someone even like him as his dream car.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Next week: Hamilton buys a Ferrari 250 GT California Spider SWB. Never drives it.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Powershift posted:

Next week: Hamilton buys a Ferrari 250 GT California Spider SWB. Never drives it.

Pretty sure the 1960s 250 GT California Spider SWB sold at auction for a world record $30mil or around that range a little while ago.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

OK, watched the highlights, skimmed the last 800 posts... WTF was that race? Why was DiResta in a car?? Why did Hammo get to go past Botass, then give the position back? Both McLarens in the points!? Fastest lap... to Alonso!!!?? Phwoar, that's a lot going on for what was called a "boring race" a lot. Hamilton off the podium makes it a winner for me, whatever else happened.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Wirth1000 posted:

Pretty sure the 1960s 250 GT California Spider SWB sold at auction for a world record $30mil or around that range a little while ago.

They're only like $17-$18m. that like 4 months wage.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

CratSock posted:

OK, watched the highlights, skimmed the last 800 posts... WTF was that race?

garbage

quote:

Why was DiResta in a car??

Massa old

quote:

Why did Hammo get to go past Botass, then give the position back?

Ham had pace, could use it to attack the Ferraris, couldn't pass them, gave the unearned spot back

quote:

Both McLarens in the points!?

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while

quote:

Fastest lap... to Alonso!!!??

All the fast cars were stuck behind Vettel's slow broken car

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

CratSock posted:

OK, watched the highlights, skimmed the last 800 posts... WTF was that race?
The 2017 Hungarian Grand Prix

CratSock posted:

Why was DiResta in a car??
Massa died

CratSock posted:

Why did Hammo get to go past Botass,
He was quicker and had a better chance of passing the Ferraris

CratSock posted:

then give the position back?
He couldn't get past the Ferraris and he's a nice guy

CratSock posted:

Both McLarens in the points!?
Yeah

CratSock posted:

Fastest lap... to Alonso!!!??
Hell yeah

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Isn't that the Ferris Bueller car? Our Rossie has good taste. The WDC we need but not the WDC we deserve.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Does anyone know how much the Honda engine is still turned down from max output? I remember last year Alonso would occasionally put in like one real fast lap towards the end of a race because they would let him turn the power up when he was hotlapping around in 13th

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Powershift posted:

garbage, Massa old...

Tsaedje posted:

The 2017 Hungarian Grand Prix, Massa died...

Thanks guys, all up to date now. Also looking forward to some KMag/Hulk battles for the rest of the season. Spice up the midpack a bit.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.
Is Massa the first F1 driver to die twice?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Brainwrong posted:

Is Massa the first F1 driver to die twice?

Every day for Schumacher is a living death

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Tsaedje posted:

:drat:

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

Tsaedje posted:

jesus that's almost as dark as our peek into 1500quidmclaren's love life

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhwwfU1m0vA

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I want sideview cameras on F1, if only because it makes seeing opening lap chaos a lot easier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

iospace posted:

I want sideview cameras on F1, if only because it makes seeing opening lap chaos a lot easier.

Or those swively ones they have in Indycar where they turn them round to see the action on both sides.

• Locked thread