Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Spoeank posted:

I doubt we see her again until this half finale. There's so much else to go through, with hermy ss being the moset pointless plotline in the scheme of things. We We

Hell, even Samwell is probably going to be more important via finding some crazy old poo poo that's useful to defeating the White Walkers and he's literally just copying old rear end books now.

Arya (vengeance personified) and Tyrion (reason over force) are the 2 best and most interesting characters in the entire series (both books and t.v.). You're right about regaining Arya regaining her humanity and the Stark reunion, but you overlook the fact that she's going to kill Littlefinger. However, you are wrong that her plotline is pointless. It's rather cool that a pre-teen girl gets to function as Vengeance. Petyr Baelish's death is going to be very satisfying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

They kinda have to keep arya hiding somewhere.

She's too much of a plot breaker. Like none of this matters if she's in kings landing and can just pull off a mask at any moment.

Bigger problem is that tyrion hasn't really done anything in like 3 seasons.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
The actor who plays Ian Gallagher on Shameless was at my gym yesterday. I was working out next to him the whole time and didn't realize it.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
What the gently caress did autocorrect do to my typing Jesus Christ

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
This season has felt very rushed and clumsy. Euron Greyjoy showing up out of nowhere and being this unstoppable badass is a bit hard to swallow. He seems like a deus ex machina for Cersei to rapidly move along the conflict.

edit: forgot an and

Neil Armbong fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Jul 31, 2017

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Neil Armbong posted:

This season has felt very rushed clumsy. Euron Greyjoy showing up out of nowhere and being this unstoppable badass is a bit hard to swallow. He seems like a deus ex machina for Cersei to rapidly move along the conflict.

He was always the baddest rear end dude in the Seas but I don't remember him ever being mentioned before

But my shock is that Cersei is dominating like this. WTF what happened to the Tyrells being this big badass

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I beat Shadow of Mordor last night. The last two boss fights were weak as hell. Oh well. At least I got some fun DLC to play.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Euron better pull a magic talisman or something out of his rear end because he is basically the Terminator who is everywhere at all times. It's loving stupid unless he's got serious magic help.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
in the books he literally has a magic talisman but I don't remember if he used it

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
There is very little difference to me between people discussing game of thrones and people having a seizure

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Cool. Do you have a twitter or something maybe for other thoughts?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

SHOAH NUFF posted:

in the books he literally has a magic talisman but I don't remember if he used it

He showed it off once but that was the last we heard of him before GURM peaced out. It was basically something that destroyed dragons.

this whole season has a big "second half of Rome SE 02" about it

edit* yeah, controlled dragons. it was a horn that killed the guy that blew it which is a lovely job

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
^^--I'm 95% sure it controls dragons instead of destroying them. But yeah we'll never know because GRRM.

SHOAH NUFF posted:

In the books he's got a horn that supposedly controls dragons, although I'm not sure if that's been brought up in the show or not. It seems that would be a hell of a lot more useful than whatshisface's dragon ballista thing Cersei's counting on.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

There is very little difference to me between people discussing game of thrones and people having a seizure

Seizures are fun.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
I want to fight Bran

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I want to fight Bran

That scene lol holy poo poo. I know what they're doing (or trying to do) but what a weird way to describe it

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
Yeah, I've read about his horn, but that doesn't make him an unstoppable force who keeps just showing up everywhere. He'll probably use it to ultimately stab Cersei in the back.

It's feeling like they dawdled around for the past few season and were like, 'poo poo, we have to end this somehow' and are just flying through events this season.

Can y'all expand on thoughts about Bran? I know he's like, a completely different person now, but what was he getting at this week?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Yeah I'm just saying the last 2 episodes were real dumb without magic explanations. There are well laid plans and there are things that are too unbelievable such as Jaime marching a loving army away from King's landing and Varris, Tyrion, Littlefinger, the entire continent not knowing how to track their movement. poo poo is real dumb.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
My year doesn't start until Adam Schefter sends out his annual banal "this is the last sunday until February of next year without football" tweet

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
What a POS.

http://abc7chicago.com/pets/man-23-gets-prison-for-tossing-dogs-from-top-of-oak-lawn-parking-garage/2261859/

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Wow poo poo, the Hall of Fame game is Thursday.

I forgot the preseason has a preseason.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Neil Armbong posted:

It's feeling like they dawdled around for the past few season and were like, 'poo poo, we have to end this somehow' and are just flying through events this season.

They were kinda caught in the middle of finishing what GRRMartin wrote and what their writers knew had to happen with it.

I think they kinda know no one will care about how trash the season is just as long as it ends with a big battle, some betrayal, a beloved character dying, and a lesbian orgy at some point.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I'm torn because I don't care about animals since I eat roughly 3 cows a year by hanging weight but the other hand you sort of have to punish this so they don't graduate to tossing people off of roofs

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

*reads until the word poodle, clicks out of tab with a smile*

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

seems like a nice guy

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Moments where you just want to know what a dude is thinking

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Who's going in the hall of fame again? Anyone who's gonna have a speech worth watching?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Volkerball posted:

Who's going in the hall of fame again? Anyone who's gonna have a speech worth watching?

Jerry Jones lol

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

SHOAH NUFF posted:

*reads until the word poodle, clicks out of tab with a smile*

Poodles are the Sand Snakes of the dog world.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Jerry Jones lol

"stop investigating domestic abuse, i'll be out on the street!"

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Jerry Jones lol

Lmao. So there I was with this fine piece of rear end sitting across from me. And I'm looking over at JFF and I swear to god, we have a conversation just with our eyes. I was like, Johnny, is this girl 18, and I could see he was thinking does it even matter? Hell no ha ha. Classic Johnny. This guy. Drinks are on me tonight buddy.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

what are some things that happen in game of thrones? i'm thinking of watching it but i want to hear about it first and possibly read the wikipedia episode recaps so that i understand whats going on and don't get shocked by some weird thing

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Eli Wiggum posted:

seems like a nice guy

We should probably just go ahead and start sterilizing every deadeyed teenager at 15, because we know where they are all headed.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Cavauro posted:

what are some things that happen in game of thrones? i'm thinking of watching it but i want to hear about it first and possibly read the wikipedia episode recaps so that i understand whats going on and don't get shocked by some weird thing

The lady who frees all the slaves rides her dragon then has explosive diarrhea all night long.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Cavauro posted:

An episode of Game of Thrones is like a Richard Dawkins tweet, there's 140 characters and something horrible happens.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Cavauro posted:

Its about a Utopian society that doesn't discriminate by race or gender slowly acquiring land and territory from a society crumbling under the inherent frailty of Feudalism

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Volkerball posted:

Your favorite dudes Ladainian Tomlinson and Terrell Davis

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Aww man I forgot about TD making it in, what a loving travesty. Now I'm mad all over again

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Terrelle Davis won a super bowl blind which is more than Dan Marino won with two working eyes

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
I started watching a new show this weekend called The Fall on Netflix, it is really good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Dan Marino threw for more yards in super bowls than Davis ran for in his entire career

• Locked thread