Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

acksplode posted:

I'm getting on a 10 hour fight tomorrow, and folks, I'm extremely relieved to be an owner of a Switch by Nintendo that I have loaded with a digital library chock full of amazing content. It's a great console, a great time to be alive, and a great time to be a gamer.

I just had 14 hours of flights last weekend and I didn't bring it because it has like 3 hours battery life :v:

Mainly because I don't have a screen protector and case for it though and was worried about my new switch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

http://www.businessinsider.com/nintendo-switch-makes-video-games-better-2017-7

Videogames Journalism posted:

Every video game ever made is better, or would be better, on the Nintendo Switch. All of them.

:yeah:

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

You could say they would be perfect on the switch.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Rexroom posted:

Critically acclaimed murder mystery solve 'em up masquerade The Sexy Brutale is destined for the Switch, with first confirmation appearing in Japan. The release is scheduled to happen during Fall. There's also a PEGI registry entry in Europe, but no real release date as of yet.
Now this is a really cool game. Guests at a hotel are getting murdered by the employees. You play the ghost of a priest trying to save them. You do this by first observing the murder and then traveling back in time and change the crime scene so the employees get foiled.
One of the more original games released on PC this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP4Un5QYTjc

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Lodin posted:

Now this is a really cool game. Guests at a hotel are getting murdered by the employees. You play the ghost of a priest trying to save them. You do this by first observing the murder and then traveling back in time and change the crime scene so the employees get foiled.
One of the more original games released on PC this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP4Un5QYTjc

Isn't that just Ghost Trick?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Are you complaining about more Ghost Trick? :colbert:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

A ghost tricked me once and I never was able to learn to trust ghosts again.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Al Borland Corp. posted:

A ghost tricked me once and I never was able to learn to trust ghosts again.

Huh. Well just wait for four minutes, would ya?....

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I turned a few ghost tricks in my time.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

techknight posted:

I panicked and bought Qbics Paint off the eShop because I saw the screenshots and thought is was a Picross 3D type game.

Don't make the same mistake as me. :(
Yeah when I first saw it, I thought it was a Picross 3D clone, but then it seemed like it wasn't at all. It sounds like it is actually a puzzle game, though? Just not a very good one?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's decent, actually, if it's what I'm thinking of. There were a couple on 3ds. Not as hard as picross but decently satisfying to do.

Edit: no this isn't the one I'm thinking of

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I think Dave has lost his goddamn mind.

https://youtu.be/gl_7ingH7Kg

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

He lost his mind in July 2016 when everyone found out the Switch was not a PS4 Pro killer and he didn't know anything about what he was talking about.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Al Borland Corp. posted:

He lost his mind in July 2016 when everyone found out the Switch was not a PS4 Pro killer and he didn't know anything about what he was talking about.

God, everything about that was funny.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Tell me more about this meltdown

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Zelder posted:

Please don't, actually.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I mean, it's not not a PS4 Pro killer. I haven't touched my other consoles since March 3rd, 2017.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

irlZaphod posted:

Please don't, actually.

Don't tell me what to do you aren't my REAL dad, Zaphod!

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Takoluka posted:

I mean, it's not not a PS4 Pro killer. I haven't touched my other consoles since March 3rd, 2017.
I touched my PS4 at the weekend.

(To clean it).

(j/k I was playing Persona 5).

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Zelder posted:

Dude built himself up into a frenzy of denial regarding the NX, claiming everyone else had it wrong, and that Nintendo was going back to making powerful top tier hardware, and not anything with the Wii/Wii U's gimmicks. He was pretty smug about this, up to the point where he was dividing Nintendo fans into two groups: those who were fans since the 80s (ie the real fans), and those new fans who only know Nintendo from the Wii onward.

Then Nintendo revealed the Switch. You can see the despair set in during his livestream.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

https://twitter.com/SplatShots/status/892031253683200001

Bayonetta confirmed for the Switch?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Dude built himself up into a frenzy of denial regarding the NX, claiming everyone else had it wrong, and that Nintendo was going back to making powerful top tier hardware, and not anything with the Wii/Wii U's gimmicks. He was pretty smug about this, up to the point where he was dividing Nintendo fans into two groups: those who were fans since the 80s (ie the real fans), and those new fans who only know Nintendo from the Wii onward.

Then Nintendo revealed the Switch. You can see the despair set in during his livestream.

Well he's not wrong. Given its form factor and being feasible for battery life the Switch is top teir hardware. Anything more for its size and battery life would plummet and they'd have to be using X2 motherboards which would place it either in the realm of more expensive than the PS3 when new or Nintendo would be losing near 500 bucks a sale on each Switch which they can't do

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Al Borland Corp. posted:

It was probably inspired by it but the gameplay is very different.
Fatty fatty boom boom Stim Jerling did a video and really digs it. He's already said it's probably one of his top ten games of the year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jsusUWqfSc

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

why the heck are so many people so excited about mayonnaise

like, all the ketchup people are like "yeah, ketchup is pretty good!" and the mayo people are like "i eat that poo poo straight from the loving jar, and i'm also including miracle whip because i'm a broken person" or "i'm only including kewpie, the superior nippon mayonnaise"

it's making the plaza very uncomfortable!

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

well why not posted:

protip for flying is to have your console in a case, so you can just chuck it into one of the bins with minimal care. you're probably carrying a laptop anyways, so it's not exactly a lot of extra effort.

Protip for flying: get tsa precheck. Everything stays in your bag.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Takoluka posted:

like, all the ketchup people are like "yeah, ketchup is pretty good!" and the mayo people are like "i eat that poo poo straight from the loving jar, and i'm also including miracle whip because i'm a broken person" or "i'm only including kewpie, the superior nippon mayonnaise"

more vile propaganda from the tomato jam lobby

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Tekopo posted:

more vile propaganda from the tomato jam lobby

i will paint the town red with your ink

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Takoluka posted:

As far as french fry toppings go, it's very much a mood thing for me. Ketchup is like the everyday easy answer for like if you're at a restaurant or something.

At home, I throw cajun seasoning and either malt vinegar or lemon juice on those bad boys, and then make like a little cup of garlic mayo for dipping.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

To be honest, although I have leanings towards Mayo, I'm more likely to side with the Mustard resistance movement.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

There's a Mayflash adapter for switch that lets you use Wii U pro controllers and PS4 controllers - has anyone tried it out?

This one? Doesn't seem to be out yet, but Mayflash's stuff has been reliable for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRuFobTpCuQ

The range of support is pretty impressive. Accepts pretty much everything, connects to PC/PS3/Switch (but not PS4 or XBone).

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Like, should we be applying ALL mayo blends? Because most ketchup blends are super good, but I don't know if they count.

It should be default mayo vs default ketchup.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Rexroom posted:

Critically acclaimed murder mystery solve 'em up masquerade The Sexy Brutale is destined for the Switch, with first confirmation appearing in Japan. The release is scheduled to happen during Fall. There's also a PEGI registry entry in Europe, but no real release date as of yet.

The Sexy Brutale is really really drat good and everyone should get on the Switch (if you don't have it on PC yet) once it's out.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

Supercar Gautier posted:

This one? Doesn't seem to be out yet, but Mayflash's stuff has been reliable for me.

The range of support is pretty impressive. Accepts pretty much everything, connects to PC/PS3/Switch (but not PS4 or XBone).

gently caress yeah, I would so much rather use my existing bluetooth xbox controllers instead of buying a switch pro controller. Now I can use the same controller to play BoTW on cemu AND the switch!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Takoluka posted:

Ketchup is Mario, mayo is Sonic.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Supercar Gautier posted:

Can a 3rd party make a joycon with a dpad since nintendo refuses to do so?

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Finally beat Ganon after 85 hours?? drat there's a good game. Hyped for Mario Rabbids :)

acksplode
May 17, 2004

RZA Encryption posted:

Protip for flying: get tsa precheck. Everything stays in your bag.

I'm not getting extorted into submitting a loving background check just to fly on a goddamn plane, I'll take my things out of my bag

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

if you're looking for a 2nd charger that is watt compatible with the OEM nintendo charger this knockoff is going to be on amazon games goldbox later today

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071GNPVS3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Buddy is driving us back home from a weekend in cancun and this car line is going to take 3 hours to cross the border. The switch and zelda is making the time fly. Online matches of Rocket League in the hotel room are going to be epic sauce.

With my past handhelds, they were used sparingly. And when I did bust them out for road trips and vacations, I forgot the controls, forgot the story, and my skills had faded.

• Locked thread