Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

hip check please posted:

Nah, it's still Drugs. As long as drug users enjoy getting hosed up and dealers enjoy making money it's gonna keep happening. Using the internet to sell drugs has been happening waaaay before the DNM and like 4 people getting arrested ain't gonna change that.

Wasn't it more like 2000?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hip check please
Jan 11, 2012

When the police took down two of the markets they got 2000 peoples address because those people were dumb as heck and didn't bother to encrypt the messages they were sending on the market but none of them have been arrested yet and I would be very surprised if the cops bothered to go after all but the most heavy duty of those 2000. When these markets get taken down its only the people running the actual site that wind up in jail.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

hip check please posted:

When the police took down two of the markets they got 2000 peoples address because those people were dumb as heck and didn't bother to encrypt the messages they were sending on the market but none of them have been arrested yet and I would be very surprised if the cops bothered to go after all but the most heavy duty of those 2000. When these markets get taken down its only the people running the actual site that wind up in jail.

Ah. I read they got 40k addresses and managed to bust 2k dealers.

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax

Dreddout posted:

There's really no reason to ignite in tyool 2017

i'll give you a reason: smoking pot is fun

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

yeah I know vaping is better for you and certainly gets you much more high per dollar spent, but I just enjoy the feeling of smoking too much

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Weed is the People's High, gating it behind a several hundred dollar gadget that is sold as "Better" is an unfortunate side effect of legalization and exposure to the capitalist system and should not be encouraged

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

purple death ray posted:

Weed is the People's High, gating it behind a several hundred dollar gadget that is sold as "Better" is an unfortunate side effect of legalization and exposure to the capitalist system and should not be encouraged

expensive vaporizers (and before them, all kinds of expensive smoking paraphernalia) were around well before legalization.

also black markets are just as capitalist as legal markets, it's not like buying weed from some guy in a parking lot in 1995 didn't involve capitalism

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I'm sure that's true but there's an undeniable boom in that kind of thing since legalization started and a bunch of products have rushed in to meet that demand. I'm all in favor of doing the research and learning the best way to get the chemicals into your brain but there's also been a massive upswing of people with that sort of "smoking is for poors" attitude to go along with it.

E: also I disagree that a black market is inherently just as capitalist as a legal one, a guy in a parking lot in 1995 is just selling me raw nugs, it is up to me how I consume it, he is not selling me special cartridges of oil or wax which can only be used in some kind of expensive hardware setup. Granted you still have the issue of market fluctuations and capitalist gouging but due to the underground nature of the market you don't see that kind of "name brand vs. Brand X" consumerism as much. Your loyalty is to the person who can get you the best poo poo, that's a valuable human connection.

If nobody has made a keurig style weed pod that can only be used in their special vaporizers yet they are working on it guaranteed

purple death ray fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Jul 31, 2017

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

purple death ray posted:

I'm all in favor of doing the research and learning the best way to get the chemicals into your brain but there's also been a massive upswing of people with that sort of "smoking is for poors" attitude to go along with it.

sure but smoking vs. vaping isn't really a money thing though. like I said, you can get a perfectly good vape pen for like $20. there's no need for expensive gadgets at all

Of course there are going to be people who spend hundreds of dollars on gadgets, but that's true with smoking as well, people spend tons of money on all kinds of elaborate glass pieces

and in the long run vaping is more efficient and saves you money

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I guess my point is that legalization is extremely good and has sparked a huge amount of innovation in this arena but we must be conscious of the other effects that innovation has and avoid putting other people down for their access and choices re: those innovations

Smoking vs. Vaping is a money issue for those of us still in illegal states as I just straight up can't get oil or extract and if I can it is at a premium

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

purple death ray posted:

E: also I disagree that a black market is inherently just as capitalist as a legal one, a guy in a parking lot in 1995 is just selling me raw nugs, it is up to me how I consume it, he is not selling me special cartridges of oil or wax which can only be used in some kind of expensive hardware setup.

I don't think you understand how oil and wax work? there's no requirement to buy anything expensive at all. the oil comes in a cartridge, sure, but it's a universal cartridge that works with any random cheap pen battery. They sell them at most deli's on my street for like $10-20. As for wax, it doesn't come in a cartridge at all and you can smoke it with a hot knife or a nail if you want.

purple death ray posted:

Smoking vs. Vaping is a money issue for those of us still in illegal states as I just straight up can't get oil or extract and if I can it is at a premium

You can make the extract yourself or you can just vape regular weed directly. Also I live in an illegal state and oil cartridges cost the same as an eight of weed and last much longer? what kind of premium are you paying?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Earwicker posted:

I don't think you understand how oil and wax work?

I definitely don't because I can't get them here

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

purple death ray posted:

I definitely don't because I can't get them here

If you can get weed you can get oil or wax by just doing the extraction yourself. Or you can vape weed itself. Again the idea that you need some kind of expensive device to vape is just not true. I agree that there are people pushing that mentality, and it sucks, but it's not reality.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Earwicker posted:

If you can get weed you can get oil or wax by just doing the extraction yourself. Or you can vape weed itself. Again the idea that you need some kind of expensive device to vape is just not true. I agree that there are people pushing that mentality, and it sucks, but it's not reality.

Sorry, this is my impression from way over here in the wilderness. I did get a cheap-ish dry herb vaporizer back a year or so ago and I found it really disappointing, I basically get nothing off of it. So I figured dry herb vaping is just not as good as the oil.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

purple death ray posted:

Sorry, this is my impression from way over here in the wilderness. I did get a cheap-ish dry herb vaporizer back a year or so ago and I found it really disappointing, I basically get nothing off of it. So I figured dry herb vaping is just not as good as the oil.

in my experience it's not as potent as oil but still more efficient than smoking and certainly gets you high. the most common and basic cheap dry herb vaporizer is the vapor genie, which can vary in quality depending on model and also by how you use it.

but also if you spring for a more expensive electronic device for dry herb vaping like a Pax or whatever, yes the initial investment in the device seems high, but if it's a good vaporizer you will end up going through much less weed, meaning you are saving money in the long run (and you can use the vaped weed remains for cooking)

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Earwicker posted:

in my experience it's not as potent as oil but still more efficient than smoking and certainly gets you high. the most common and basic cheap dry herb vaporizer is the vapor genie, which can vary in quality depending on model and also by how you use it.

but also if you spring for a more expensive electronic device for dry herb vaping like a Pax or whatever, yes the initial investment in the device seems high, but if it's a good vaporizer you will end up going through much less weed, meaning you are saving money in the long run

My issue is the initial investment is several hundred dollars for a "good" vaporizer when I have every reason to believe it's not going to get me very high. That's a real hard sell. If I could try it at a friend's house or something that might help but again, illegal state and all my comrades just smoke it

I understand the oil is pretty potent though and I hope to try it someday

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

purple death ray posted:

I understand the oil is pretty potent though and I hope to try it someday

I don't know what state you are in but I'm sure you'll get the oil at some point considering how much easier it is to travel with compared to regular weed. I live in NYC which is thousands of miles from the nearest legal state with actual dispensaries set up, and of course we have more infrastructure here than most illegal states but I would expect that stuff to start spreading pretty fast especially once CA and MA get set up with stores

or again, you can just make it yourself.

purple death ray posted:

My issue is the initial investment is several hundred dollars for a "good" vaporizer when I have every reason to believe it's not going to get me very high. That's a real hard sell. If I could try it at a friend's house or something that might help but again, illegal state and all my comrades just smoke it

This is why reviews are a thing

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Jul 31, 2017

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

There are some great inexpensive dry herb vaporizers (the Xmax and Flowermate vapes, for instance) and wax vaping is even cheaper. I've got a Yocan Evolve in my pocket as my walkin' around buddy - the unit goes for twenty bucks and the heater coil I replace monthly is about three or four bucks. Plus I can unscrew the atomizer unit and screw in a prefilled dispensery cartridge on the same battery.

I mean, yes, getting into vapes will eventually lead to you getting a box mod with aftermarket firmware to properly configure the temperature control on your grade 1 titanium and black ceramic quad coil so that it can truly express the subtle notes in your Purple Urkel EHO. But it's not too expensive to get into if you're just looking for the spoon pipe equivalent of a vape.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

:lol: if you don't chop up your weed and add spin (tobacco) and punch cones.

:350: motherfuckers.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

I roll spliffs constantly but a lot of times its because what I really want is just a cigarette. i feel like I can justify smoking tobacco to myself if I'm also smoking a bunch of weed at the same time I guess

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

DoombatINC posted:

There are some great inexpensive dry herb vaporizers (the Xmax and Flowermate vapes, for instance) and wax vaping is even cheaper. I've got a Yocan Evolve in my pocket as my walkin' around buddy - the unit goes for twenty bucks and the heater coil I replace monthly is about three or four bucks. Plus I can unscrew the atomizer unit and screw in a prefilled dispensery cartridge on the same battery.

I mean, yes, getting into vapes will eventually lead to you getting a box mod with aftermarket firmware to properly configure the temperature control on your grade 1 titanium and black ceramic quad coil so that it can truly express the subtle notes in your Purple Urkel EHO. But it's not too expensive to get into if you're just looking for the spoon pipe equivalent of a vape.

A flowermate is what I got, actually. Was really well reviewed but did hardly anything for me. I think it was around 80 bucks? Honestly might be something else. Pretty sure I lost the charger by now too.

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I work for a commercial cannabis company in Colorado, I am a fan of this plant??

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

marijuanamancer posted:

I work for a commercial cannabis company in Colorado, I am a fan of this plant??

I think I like you.

E: For their first drive, Scott and Irwin went to Elbow Crater to gather samples and take photos. Throughout their stay on the moon, they drove more than 17 miles (27.3 km).

Blow fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Jul 31, 2017

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

purple death ray posted:

A flowermate is what I got, actually. Was really well reviewed but did hardly anything for me. I think it was around 80 bucks? Honestly might be something else. Pretty sure I lost the charger by now too.

Some of the older Flowermates were kinda weak, but they improved their oven design within the last couple years and they've been solid ever since. I prefer my Xmax these days, since I can replace the battery and it looks more like an e-cig in public, but I still put in a good word for the current line of Flowermate units.

Boundless also has some awesome stuff in the sub-hundred range. I've got a CF - the thing has an intimidating capacity and blows face-tingling clouds.

Edit: and never buy your poo poo at a brick and mortar headshop, they'll shaft you every time

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

My nigga have you tried vaping?

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

purple death ray posted:

My issue is the initial investment is several hundred dollars for a "good" vaporizer when I have every reason to believe it's not going to get me very high.

Vaporgenie, it's forty bucks and gets you just as high as a pipe will, but you won't get lung cancer later.

purple death ray posted:

"smoking is for poors"
I'm poor af and even I managed to scrape together enough money to buy and e-nano. Now I save a ton of money because a bowl is .05 grams and gets me as high as I want to be. Admittedly I have an extremely low tolerance, but even so, you can get just as high off an e-nano as a joint for a fraction of the weed. This saves you a lot of money in the long run.

quote:

If nobody has made a keurig style weed pod that can only be used in their special vaporizers yet they are working on it guaranteed
Not weed but same concept

(Not gonna defend this, holy poo poo)

In conclusion,

RFC2324 posted:

My nigga have you tried vaping?

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
An additional benefit of a log vape like the e-nano is it's not serialized. They make one model, and don't update it yearly, because it just works™. You'll be able to use the e-nano for years if not decades. Possibly, only the power cable(15$) will need to be replaced.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

vaping is a little different, especially portable dry herb vapes. grind it well, pack it well (not too much that'll negatively affect airflow) take long draws and hold it in longer, 5 seconds minimum. enjoy the flavor. temp control in vaping also plays a big role in what you get out of it.

i find the differences between smoking and vaping the same amount to have to do with harshness, if i could think of a word to describe it. the way the thc is activated between the 2 ways probably makes it a little different, but inhaling the the additional stuff you get from burning weed no doubt plays a role as well. I don't find the high to be any weaker when i vape it and i've officially switched over to vaping full time. i usually use top shelf dispensary strains so i have no idea if some weaker stuff would make a difference at all.

e: i'd also add that smoking for me causes myself to pick up the high pretty fast. with vaping it sorta creeps up on me. so maybe hit #4 i'm not feeling it but by hit #13 or so i am gone

Scrotum Modem fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Jul 31, 2017

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

vaping is a little different, especially portable dry herb vapes. grind it well, pack it well (not too much that'll negatively affect airflow) take long draws and hold it in longer, 5 seconds minimum. enjoy the flavor. temp control in vaping also plays a big role in what you get out of it.

i find the differences between smoking and vaping the same amount to have to do with harshness, if i could think of a word to describe it. the way the thc is activated between the 2 ways probably makes it a little different, but inhaling the the additional stuff you get from burning weed no doubt plays a role as well. I don't find the high to be any weaker when i vape it and i've officially switched over to vaping full time. i usually use top shelf dispensary strains so i have no idea if some weaker stuff would make a difference at all.

e: i'd also add that smoking for me causes myself to pick up the high pretty fast. with vaping it sorta creeps up on me. so maybe hit #4 i'm not feeling it but by hit #13 or so i am gone

to me the high is often stronger with vaping oil but when it goes away it goes away real fast, whereas the high from smoking tends to slowly fade into tiredness

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Jesus christ hit #13?? It takes 13 hits to get gone?? How many hits before the weed is used up?

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

:hfive: bruvs be4 luvs
I'm getting high as gently caress when I get home from work

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

purple death ray posted:

Jesus christ hit #13?? It takes 13 hits to get gone?? How many hits before the weed is used up?

i use a pax and i'd say i can pack about 0.5-0.8 grams of finely ground weed in it. as for the number of draws, it all depends on the temp. I usually vape at medium which is at 390F and i easily get to 20 strong vapor draws before it's browning enough to toss. at high temp that number goes down. i think it's pretty common for people to split it up into multiple sessions with the same packed weed because just 5 or so draws with a strong strain can be more than enough if you're not handling a tolerance

AxeBreaker
Jan 1, 2005
Who fucking cares?

Look, if you want the efficiency of vaping while being really cheap get an Atmos jump online for $60. It is really simple to operate, it only runs at 392 F, and you click 3 times to turn on or off, with auto off after 4 minutes. It comes with a packing and cleanout tool plus a brush. I like it better than my PAX, hell even the Hydrology 9 vaporizer bong. It just works.

I do find that vapes turn everything into creeper, whether it's wax pens, carts, or dry herb.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

just buy a drat Magic Flight, they kick rear end, you can easily learn to control the temperature and intensity of the draw, and they're virtually indestructible and also have a no-questions lifetime warranty.

You can't get any simpler than literally a wooden box with a metal ring and a AA battery.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
A mate and I are firmly on the vape train, all that AVB is great.

Every month we just combine AVB forces and make edibles. This month it's ANZAC biccies

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

You goons have given me a lot to think about but I do think it's funny that like five or six people have responded with "just get a {product}, it's super easy" where {product} is different every single time

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

purple death ray posted:

You goons have given me a lot to think about but I do think it's funny that like five or six people have responded with "just get a {product}, it's super easy" where {product} is different every single time

if anything that underscores the point that there are all kinds of good and affordable options for vaping. most of the devices mentioned you can just order online whether you live in a legal or illegal state

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
I could not sleep last night due to back pain.

Had a chooch on my MFLB. Slept decently well after.

Thankyou weed

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

hip check please posted:

Yeah police go up the food chain not down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
I smoke out of a glass pipe