Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Paragon 650 with no Slanderer. 1.5% chance on upgrading a rare sword here I COME

This is me, but Paragon 280 and still no Deathwish. Is RNG just busted this season? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU
Getting around 600 paragon now and no ring of royal grandeur, which is weird since it seems like one of those class-less generic legendaries you end up with five copies of knocking around.

Been spending all my blood shards and death's breaths on it the last 2-3 days since it's the last piece I really need to finish my raiment set and a raiment/inna build I was going to try for getting the set dungeon mastery on season's journey.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

yook posted:

Getting around 600 paragon now and no ring of royal grandeur, which is weird since it seems like one of those class-less generic legendaries you end up with five copies of knocking around.

Been spending all my blood shards and death's breaths on it the last 2-3 days since it's the last piece I really need to finish my raiment set and a raiment/inna build I was going to try for getting the set dungeon mastery on season's journey.

RoRG can only be obtained from act 1 bounty caches. Cache legendaries can't be obtained from other sources.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Just got my 2-piece Rathma's and the bonus is entirely underwhelming. I hardly notice a difference. Do I have to wait till 6 piece to really start pushing higher?

yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU
:suicide: god drat it.

Yeah, I only did 1-2 bounties this season since I leveled through rifts instead this time around and didn't need the materials. I didn't know cache specific legendaries were even a thing.

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007
Speaking of bad RNG, I've played this on PC since release and PS4 since it was out on it, probably put in over 1000 hours combined I guess

Never, ever seen a Starmetal Kukri drop and I used to want it so bad

dantheman650 posted:

Just got my 2-piece Rathma's and the bonus is entirely underwhelming. I hardly notice a difference. Do I have to wait till 6 piece to really start pushing higher?

I'd probably try and get the Jesseth set and the 2 Mage ring(using the Level 1 necro trick). I could do at least Torment 6 fairly easily with 4 piece and those pieces(4 piece Rathma probably fairly underwhelming also by itself)

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC

dantheman650 posted:

This really should be in teh OP or something, some variant of this question gets asked every day. Rathma's offers no significant DPS boost until 6 piece. The primary driver of DPS for necro pet build before 6 piece Rathma's come from completing Jesseth's 2 piece. Even the shittiest 2 piece Jesesth will be more than enough to let you comfortably do all the tasks to get the 6 piece off Haedrig.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

BoonyPC posted:

Speaking of bad RNG, I've played this on PC since release and PS4 since it was out on it, probably put in over 1000 hours combined I guess

Never, ever seen a Starmetal Kukri drop and I used to want it so bad

Starmetal is INSANELY rare in my experience. I play a ton of WD and I've seen 3 total. 1 some time early last year, 1 this season and 1 on my fiance's account.

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006

Bust Rodd posted:

• 6 PC + Jewelry//Support Items + Lvl 25 Legendary Gems: Torment 12-13

• 6 PC + Jewelry//Support Items + Legendary Gems + Augments: GR 70+

I think these two are off pretty hard. With only lvl 25 legendary gems, I don't think it's going to be efficient for any melee class to do t12-13 unless you got really lucky with ancients. (e: I mean, you can probably do them but it's not going to be a good use of time compared to just doing something like t10)

You also don't need augments for GR 70, but you probably need lvl 60-65 gems for most classes.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Bust Rodd posted:

Yeah but the idea is that the loot will be literally exactly as good, but you'll be contributing to another RG, so more blood and GR keystones. It doesn't make any sense to check the next floor because that has the same chance at being a good floor as a fresh rift, but without the benefit of building up your RG meter.

Clearing anything except Graveyard, blood swamp and super jail is just not as efficient as starting over, full stop

On the other hand, going in and out and making new games takes time. Or is there some super fast way of making new rifts I've been missing this whole time?

MikeC posted:

This really should be in teh OP or something, some variant of this question gets asked every day. Rathma's offers no significant DPS boost until 6 piece. The primary driver of DPS for necro pet build before 6 piece Rathma's come from completing Jesseth's 2 piece. Even the shittiest 2 piece Jesesth will be more than enough to let you comfortably do all the tasks to get the 6 piece off Haedrig.

Yeah I swapped out my much better stat-wise stuff for jesseth's stuff and I'm easily coasting through up to GR 60 now. Might even hit 70.

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp

Nuebot posted:

On the other hand, going in and out and making new games takes time. Or is there some super fast way of making new rifts I've been missing this whole time?

Just click on the rift obelisk thing to start a new rift.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Bust Rodd posted:

Ok so I've basically got this worked out.

• Fresh Level 70, in all yellows, with appropriate starter build: Torment 1

• 2 PC Set Bonus: Torment 2-3

• 4 PC Set Bonus: Torment 4-5

• 6 PC Set Bonus: Torment 6-7

• 6 PC + Jewelry OR Support Items: Torment 8-9

• 6 PC + Jewelry AND Support Items: Torment 10-11

• 6 PC + Jewelry//Support Items + Lvl 25 Legendary Gems: Torment 12-13

• 6 PC + Jewelry//Support Items + Legendary Gems + Augments: GR 70+

Unless anyone thinks I'm way off I'm throwing this in the OP.

I have questions about Attack Speed and Pets. I have Attack Speed on my Scythe, my Gloves and a Ring. obviously the ring should be CHC/CHD but does having any attack speed matter if you have Tasker & Theo in the cube? This is regarding bloodmages. I want to know if those are all wasted rolls now.

Do not throw this into the OP it's extremely misleading and factually wrong. A four piece rathma set can't do jack poo poo, while a six piece shadow set with just a weapon and no gems and jewelry can clear t13.

If you want a basic guide of where to farm, just time how long it takes to kill an elite packs. If it takes longer than four seconds, lower the difficulty. A general rule of thumb is 1 million DPS should farm t13 fine

Also those aren't wasted rolls, it's fine. It's better to roll them to CHC and chd, so if you can fix it do that.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Bob James posted:

Just click on the rift obelisk thing to start a new rift.

You can do that? Every time I try it just makes me click on the portal. Maybe I'm not being specific enough, will give it a try next time. I made it up to GR 65 before stopping. Deffo can make 70.

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Nuebot posted:

You can do that? Every time I try it just makes me click on the portal. Maybe I'm not being specific enough, will give it a try next time. I made it up to GR 65 before stopping. Deffo can make 70.

You're... you're closing them first, right?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Brain In A Jar posted:

You're... you're closing them first, right?

I don't know how to close a rift beyond finishing it.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Talk to the ghost guy near the portal, he should have a big ! over his head once they're complete. This finishes and closes the rift. Normal rifts close after 30s (and don't count as complete until the guy's talked to, important to know for certain achievements and such) while greater rifts shut down immediately but the timer ends when you beat the guardian.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Nuebot posted:

hahaha <3

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I am playing Tal/Vyr lightning Hydra wizard, the build I copied uses that gem that increases damage the further away a mob is. How does this work with hydras, is it my distance or the hydra's distance to the mob?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It's just you now.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Nuebot posted:

Holy loving poo poo.... How long have you been playing? Because talking to that ghost guy is about 75% of your experience gain

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Guilty posted:

Holy loving poo poo.... How long have you been playing? Because talking to that ghost guy is about 75% of your experience gain

He's asking how to quickly close and generate a new rift when you don't get one of the efficient floors to start. Not how to close one normally.

Guilty
May 3, 2003

Zore posted:

He's asking how to quickly close and generate a new rift when you don't get one of the efficient floors to start. Not how to close one normally.

You can't. Either someone is giving garbage advice on something you can't do in this game (unless it's a console thing) or the guy doesn't know how to close rifts after the RG has been killed.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

I followed the quote chain back and I honestly don't know what that guy is asking. He talks about clearing a rift after the boss is dead being a good thing and also says he clears a rift even if it has a bad layout/density because it's better than making a new game? I guess? I don't know.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

beejay posted:

I followed the quote chain back and I honestly don't know what that guy is asking. He talks about clearing a rift after the boss is dead being a good thing and also says he clears a rift even if it has a bad layout/density because it's better than making a new game? I guess? I don't know.

Someone said something about how doing anything but the best rifts was inefficient. So I asked if there was a way to make a new rift other than leaving the game and making a new one, because clearing a lovely rift sounds hell of a lot more interesting and rewarding than making a rift, leaving a rift and making a new game a million times over until you spawn a perfect one. And apparently everyone just assumed that meant I wasn't actually completing the rifts.

Guilty
May 3, 2003

Nuebot posted:

Someone said something about how doing anything but the best rifts was inefficient. So I asked if there was a way to make a new rift other than leaving the game and making a new one, because clearing a lovely rift sounds hell of a lot more interesting and rewarding than making a rift, leaving a rift and making a new game a million times over until you spawn a perfect one. And apparently everyone just assumed that meant I wasn't actually completing the rifts.

Yeah, people in this thread don't listen or respond very well. Sorry about my misunderstanding. If it's just a rift, you should clear it if you can in a reasonable amount of time. If it's a grift, it's not worth completing unless you're getting gem upgrades out of it. 15+ minutes for ten crappy souls isn't worth it

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Guilty posted:

Yeah, people in this thread don't listen or respond very well. Sorry about my misunderstanding. If it's just a rift, you should clear it if you can in a reasonable amount of time. If it's a grift, it's not worth completing unless you're getting gem upgrades out of it. 15+ minutes for ten crappy souls isn't worth it

using the Jesseth stuff even if it's a lame rift it goes by fast at least, so an easy 3 gem upgrades is never a bad thing. Am I right in assuming higher difficulties have better odds on gem upgrades?

Guilty
May 3, 2003

Nuebot posted:

using the Jesseth stuff even if it's a lame rift it goes by fast at least, so an easy 3 gem upgrades is never a bad thing. Am I right in assuming higher difficulties have better odds on gem upgrades?

Higher grifts allow for higher gem upgrades, you can't get a higher chance to upgrade than 100%, which is ten grift levels higher than your gem target (i.e., gem to 25 requires a lvl 35 grift for 100% chance). On the other side, a 35 grift has a 60% chance to get a gem to 36, a 30% chance to get it to 37, and a 1% chance to get a gem to 38. After awhile (can't remember exactly how high) it will have a 0% chance to upgrade a gem. These 1%ers are the real end game for d3

Russad
Feb 19, 2011

Kyrosiris posted:

RoRG can only be obtained from act 1 bounty caches. Cache legendaries can't be obtained from other sources.

They can be found in Act IV caches, too.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Russad posted:

They can be found in Act IV caches, too.

And so can every other cache legendary. Just do act one bounties.

Guilty
May 3, 2003

Star Man posted:

And so can every other cache legendary. Just do act one bounties.

To specify, act IV caches have a chance to drop any of the cache specific legendaries. But it's a large pool to choose from, so it's usually not worth it to farm act IV if you're looking for one specific item.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

I've been half heartedly trying to get Trags working (I really enjoy rathma).

It is not working. I just copy any of builds on top of the leaderboard. I have all the gear. It just doesn't ... work. Is the Idea that you need a golem spitting corpses when solo? non of the top guys use golem.

Is the idea that you round up half the dungeon and then land of the dead? That doesn't seem survivable? LOTD doesnt come fast enough, even with 40% CDR

what is the deal? I didn't see a guide for what seems to be the current meta build. I am missing some facet of it.

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC
You only DPS during your LOTD and Sacrillum combo the rest of the time you are using blood rush on cooldown to find and group elite packs for when your combo comes up. There is an item that gives your blood rush all runes simultaneously, which will gain health per enemy you oasd through.

It is a boring as gently caress playstyle imo but its the top proven build in the game for solo GR

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

Nuebot posted:

Someone said something about how doing anything but the best rifts was inefficient.

The advice was to not continue a rift after the guardian is dead unless the floor you're on is especially good, not to remake rifts over and over until you get a good one. The only time that's even a halfway good idea is if you're trying to get one of the speed rifting achievements/conquests, but then you're spending enough time on loading screens you may as well blitz the lovely caves of boredom in 3 minutes instead of 2.

headcase posted:

LOTD doesnt come fast enough, even with 40% CDR

what is the deal? I am missing some facet of it.

40% CDR is not enough, you need it on every piece imaginable to push into the 60% range and also go out of your way to trip the passive that cuts another 20%.

Swilo fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Jul 31, 2017

Guilty
May 3, 2003

headcase posted:

It is not working. I just copy any of builds on top of the leaderboard. I have all the gear. It just doesn't ... work. Is the Idea that you need a golem spitting corpses when solo? non of the top guys use golem.

Is the idea that you round up half the dungeon and then land of the dead? That doesn't seem survivable? LOTD doesnt come fast enough, even with 40% CDR

what is the deal? I didn't see a guide for what seems to be the current meta build. I am missing some facet of it.

It's not a build for beginners, or even casual players. It's arguably the most advanced build to come to D3, rivalled by the crusader and DH LON builds. It's deceptively easy to gear incorrectly for, and if everything isn't perfect, it becomes a joke set not even worth the time.

There are multiple posts on what's even the best rolling for the gear. You have to balance between damage, aspd, and CDR. You can have massive dmg per lance, but it won't do as much if you can't fit enough lances within the LotD window. On the other hand, increasing your IAS can fit several more lances into that window nearly doubling your DPS (a number that is displayed on the character sheet means nothing). My trags lancer has 900k DPS, and yet I can still speed 99, due to my aspd.

Chances are, you didn't gear your lancer correctly, somewhere in your total calculations you screwed up a reroll, and it'd take ages for an outside eye to take a look at, exactly where the problem lies. As a general rule of thumb, remember what pieces of gear can roll what, and maximize the potential of that gear.

Also, you don't use golem

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

headcase posted:

Stop trying to copy the leaderboard Trag builds. They're the most boring playstyle imaginable, and suited to a very specific task. This video explains it and shows him playing a rift as he goes, and you can see that he only ever attacks while lotd and simulacrum are off cd. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gB73J_uxPyY

I'm sure there's a different Trag's build that's actually for playing, rather than abusing GRs, but I don't have a reference handy.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

MikeC posted:

You only DPS during your LOTD and Sacrillum combo the rest of the time you are using blood rush on cooldown to find and group elite packs for when your combo comes up. There is an item that gives your blood rush all runes simultaneously, which will gain health per enemy you oasd through.

It is a boring as gently caress playstyle imo but its the top proven build in the game for solo GR

Thanks. I'll try it. I wonder if rolling through with a corpse golem is a gateway for learning to use the abilities and pushing pretty far.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

The Wonder Weapon posted:

I'm sure there's a different Trag's build that's actually for playing, rather than abusing GRs, but I don't have a reference handy.

Trag w/ pets doesn't require any CDR, is way less finicky than Rathma, and is very good for speed clears. The only speciality pieces you need for it besides the 6pc and Jesseth set are Krysbie's and the health globe belt from A3 bounties. I've also done GR85 with it so it's no slouch for soloing either. You can also work in Frailty for groups.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I understand that Hydra's are bugged but the "Let your Hydras cover your fragile rear end" playstyle works so much better for me than the "Pray for In-Geom proc or die horribly because the floor spawned 3 Yellow Mobs next to the door instead of a Blue Pack" that I don't really care, and also the Hydra stealing your proc beoomes a total non-issue if you just teleport away from them, c'est non?

I tried and failed three GR 70's with In-Geom//Aether Walker before cubing a Serpent Sparker and finishing with 4 minutes to spare.

This has been my first softcore season, and I'm convinced now that Hardcore Witch Doctors and Wizards must be aware of some fundamental mechanic that I must utterly lack because i just don't understand how you can climb with an Int class and not RIP immediately. This bizarre mechanic might simply be "Patience" but I at GR 70 with my Tal Vyr's wizard, even with Force Armor and Deflection I feel like every single attack from every mob one shots me, i can't even tell if it's worth to have those on my bar, since I just dissolve if anything so much as looks at me.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Hydras are good. I'm doing In-Geom right now though because I found a really good one and have yet to find a decent ancient SS or Starfire this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
hydras are a trap imo. they're only good for killing rift guardians and screens with less than 8-10 mobs on them. any other situation and they're eating your manald procs on single targets instead of clearing screens.

imo the aether walker variant is the better solo/speed build. in a 95+ 4 man group, though, hydras are king.