Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Space Jam owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Cracks me the gently caress up when Dauber's voice slips and he straight up sounds like Patrick

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

She's got an Audrey Hepburn thing going on in the Marvel movies and it makes every scene she's in really distracting since she's supposed to basically be an extra.

Her character, Maria Hill, is pretty important in the comics. She's definitely more than an extra.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Space Jam came at the right time in my childhood for it to have to be familiar somehow, but all I remember is the line, "Don't call me doll," and the theme song, which was subsequently blared in every dance/ pep rally/assembly/game.

They're remaking it this time, so I wonder if it'll face the same poo poo Muppets went through now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Her character, Maria Hill, is pretty important in the comics. She's definitely more than an extra.

Remember how everyone was so certain she was going to be on Agents of Shield?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Everyone I knew bought the Space Jam soundtrack but I don't think most of them ever watched the movie.

I BELIEVE I CAN FLY

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I watched the movie.

I bought the little toy figures with MJ as a basketball player, baseball player, and golfer. They're probably still at my mom's place.

I still listen to the Monstars theme to this day.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Space Jam is great and nobody can ever convince me otherwise.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

esperterra posted:

Space Jam is great and nobody can ever convince me otherwise.

Have you watched it recently? Michael Jordan can't act, all the subplots involving the real world and his (fake) wife and kids just drag, the new voice actors are terrible at sounding like the original characters, everything involving Lola Bunny sucks, and the animation isn't even that good.

I liked it as a kid and I can appreciate it as a meme and the soundtrack was phenomenal but it's a pretty bad movie. Joe Dante's Looney Tunes: Back In Action is the superior film. :colbert:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
You can say without hyperbole that Space Jam is Top 5 Best Soundtracks ever

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Calaveron posted:

You can say without hyperbole that Space Jam is Top 5 Best Soundtracks ever

R Kelly peed on a girl.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Rhyno posted:

R Kelly peed on a girl.
pls don't peeshame

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Lurdiak posted:

She's got an Audrey Hepburn thing going on in the Marvel movies and it makes every scene she's in really distracting since she's supposed to basically be an extra.

What make her distracting in the Marvel films is that she's a really bad actress.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Amy Sedaris is getting a crafts show on TruTV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwdayVnKAy0

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Davros1 posted:

What make her distracting in the Marvel films is that she's a really bad actress.
Yeah.

Also Cobie doesn't have any Audrey Hepburn thing going on.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Guy Mann posted:

Amy Sedaris is getting a crafts show on TruTV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwdayVnKAy0

Is she going to steal the tv?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Guy Mann posted:

Have you watched it recently? Michael Jordan can't act, all the subplots involving the real world and his (fake) wife and kids just drag, the new voice actors are terrible at sounding like the original characters, everything involving Lola Bunny sucks, and the animation isn't even that good.

I liked it as a kid and I can appreciate it as a meme and the soundtrack was phenomenal but it's a pretty bad movie. Joe Dante's Looney Tunes: Back In Action is the superior film. :colbert:

no dude it rules

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Space Jam may not be a particularly good movie but I don't think Back In Action is a great deal better.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Guy Mann posted:

I love schlock.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Not in the movies she ain't. She has like 5 lines across every movie she's in. It really doesn't matter what Maria Hill is about in the comics.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Who is Maria Hill

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

idk some SHIELD agent comic lady probably

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Mu Zeta posted:

Who is Maria Hill

She's like a lameass nick fury lady without the eyepatch or attitude.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Space Jam is good.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nostalgia is by definition a negative thing.

Davros1 posted:

That doesn't make someone distracting in Marvel movies.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
If you don't think Cobie Smulders is one of the most beautiful women on television and film meet me behind the CVS on 7th for your asskicking

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Aphrodite posted:

Nostalgia is by definition a negative thing.

I don't have a problem with nostalgia in and of itself, it's more when it overrides people's abilities to think critically about a thing just because it existed before they actually developed a critical capacity. That's how things like Ready Player One happen.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Calaveron posted:

If you don't think Cobie Smulders is one of the most beautiful women on television and film meet me behind the CVS on 7th for your asskicking

She's also loving hilarious. LoLing at bad actress.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Speaking of attractive actresses in Marvel movies, I know everyone hates Kat Dennings because of her racist tv show, but she really should've been cast as Jane Foster because she's able to have like.... chemistry.... with other people on screen, unlike Natalie Portman.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I've yet to see her in anything and not be irritated by her very presence. But yeah, she wasn't just there for the paycheck.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

So I guess if Colbie Smulders had a giant chest and weird lizard smile Lurdiak at al would like her a lot more.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Where did you get the idea I don't like Cobie Smulders you dumb weirdo.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

Speaking of attractive actresses in Marvel movies, I know everyone hates Kat Dennings because of her racist tv show, but she really should've been cast as Jane Foster because she's able to have like.... chemistry.... with other people on screen, unlike Natalie Portman.

I've always thought this. Natalie did her best acting in The Professional, and had been more wooden and disengaged ever since. Meanwhile, I find Kat gorgeous and sexy as hell, with great comic timing, and she's game for anything. It's a shame her show is offensively, unwatchably bad. She would have been a lot more fun as Jane, and she might still be an important character as we enter Phase 4 of the MCU.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Also yes I feel really embarrassed that I only fixated on Cobie Smulders's looks and not the fact that she's a riot

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Creepin' on Robin itt

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I saw Cobie Smulders on Broadway and she was very good, able to hold her own alongside Kevin Kline.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
The first episode of the Ozarks on Netflix is really good.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Lol at the idea that Jason Segel fell off the radar was because he badmouthed HIMYM. I think at this point it's only NPH who hasn't.

Segel was always a likeable presence and I thought he was fantastic in THE END OF THE TOUR.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Gay Horney posted:

The first episode of the Ozarks on Netflix is really good.

I'm 6 eps in. It's really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

DrVenkman posted:

Lol at the idea that Jason Segel fell off the radar was because he badmouthed HIMYM. I think at this point it's only NPH who hasn't.

Segel was always a likeable presence and I thought he was fantastic in THE END OF THE TOUR.

The guy playing Ted is starring in Jason Katims' new NBC show.

quote:

Written by Katims, Drama High was inspired by the story of groundbreaking high school drama teacher Lou Volpe (Radnor) as chronicled in the book Drama High, written by one of Volpe’s students, Michael Sokolove. The hourlong project revolves around an extraordinary working-class high school drama department and the incredible students who come alive under a passionate teacher and family man whose dedication to the program galvanizes the entire town.

So it sounds like Katims is trying to do Friday Night Lights again

• Locked thread