Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I started watching a new show this weekend called The Fall on Netflix, it is really good

The Fall might be the best crime show I have ever seen, I'm including the Wire and the Shield.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Yah, I'm at work and am thinking about faking a migraine so I can go home and watch 7-8 more episodes

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

The Fall is also the best band AND a great book!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I started watching a new show this weekend called The Fall on Netflix, it is really good

The Fall owns, you will love it. The last season is so good.

Also, my oldest daughter is Arya's doppelganger (except cuter imho).

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
how does the fall handle issues of intersectionality

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

how does the fall handle issues of intersectionality

I don't know what that means...so probably not well :shrug:

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
It's been this way for a while but even moreso this season where they clearly have plot points they want to hit but don't care about setting it up or having it make sense so they just jump from thing to thing and assume the audience is too dumb to care. Which to be fair is pretty accurate.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
Jessie's Girl is still one of the loving rapiest, creepiest songs ever made. It came up on a Spotify list rn and reminded me of just how loving creepy it was.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I loved that show until the last season.

Gillian Anderson is fantastic.

edit I am probably alone on the last season thing BTW

everyone else loved it

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ehud posted:

Seriously? I thought the last season was awesome and intense!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

SHOAH NUFF posted:

It's really hard to tear yourself away from. I'll tell you right off don't bother with the third season, though you'll probably watch it anyway.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Neil Armbong posted:

Jessie's Girl is still one of the loving rapiest, creepiest songs ever made. It came up on a Spotify list rn and reminded me of just how loving creepy it was.

Baby It's Cold Outside is the winner tho

The only romantic duet to explicitly refer to roofies

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I look forward to watching the Fall. Work has been slow and Amazon Prime has a few good shows so I re-watched Justified, Deadwood, Boardwalk Empire, and was looking for something else. Good timing thread.

Also holy gently caress the acting in Deadwood is so good. The worst actor is the handsome lead, who feels like got added to the show because some exec was like "we need a handsome lead" and thus Tim O got his job.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Ehud posted:

edit I am probably alone on the last season thing BTW

everyone else loved it

No, I agree with you. It just meanders around with a few loose ends, introduces a few more that are pointless and/or don't get resolved, and pretty much ends up finishing where the second season did anyway.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Quiet Feet posted:

No, I agree with you. It just meanders around with a few loose ends, introduces a few more that are pointless and/or don't get resolved, and pretty much ends up finishing where the second season did anyway.

Ah man I completely disagree. I thought S3 was very good.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

weird Asian candy posted:

Seriously? I thought the last season was awesome and intense!

I got bored because the tension was mostly lost for me once he was caught

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I look forward to watching the Fall. Work has been slow and Amazon Prime has a few good shows so I re-watched Justified, Deadwood, Boardwalk Empire, and was looking for something else. Good timing thread.

Also holy gently caress the acting in Deadwood is so good. The worst actor is the handsome lead, who feels like got added to the show because some exec was like "we need a handsome lead" and thus Tim O got his job.

Rience Preibus is a real life EB Farnum

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Quiet Feet posted:

Yeah that basically sums it up for me. It felt like they just weren't sure where to go once he was caught

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

unrelated to nothing but I will never stop being amazed at how awful Allen Iverson is as a person

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Hey for anyone who likes The Fall, I recommend Broadchurch. It's another really good BBC series in the same genre.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ehud posted:

I got bored because the tension was mostly lost for me once he was caught

Fair enough. The wife and I enjoyed it, but I can see how you would think that. I just loved seeing how different Paul was in that season. Like the internal games he was playing was loving brilliant, I thought he, pardon the pun, killed it that season. Of course Gillian was amazing and the last episode was :stare:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

What'd you guys think of Low Winter Sun?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

No one will disrespect Timothy Olyphant on my watch.

That man is a national treasure.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Rience Preibus is a real life EB Farnum

EB Farnum and Richardson are GOAT tv duo

e: look at this cutie pie

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Mel Mudkiper posted:

IIRC newer versions of this song have modified lyrics to make it less rapey

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Not true. The guy who wrote the music for Guys and Dolls wrote the song, he wasn't writing a popular song about date rape. The expression "say what's in this drink" was something people said as a way of expressing "hey I'm getting pretty loaded here!" It's been interpreted now to mean her date is trying to drug her, but that's not the original intention of that saying. The song is about sex, and her wanting to stay and have it, but feeling pressure from external forces to turn the man down. He attempts to offer her a number of excuses that she can give to protect her reputation. But make no mistake, she wants to bang.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Jul 31, 2017

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

all good music is about fighting & loving.

It's the human condition.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Kalli posted:

all good music is about fighting & loving.

It's the human condition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2e47wBWTV8

Checks out

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Eli Wiggum posted:

IIRC newer versions of this song have modified lyrics to make it less rapey

Amateur songwriters, yeah. I don't think anyone has done an official release that removed the "what's in this drink?" And the "what's the sense in hurtin' my pride?" Line.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

I had a pretty funny parenting moment yesterday with my 13 year old son. He has been playing club basketball, getting pretty good and has grown a bit recently so he was feeling all tough and challenged me to a 1 on 1 pickup game. I wasn't about to go easy on him, so I was actually playing defense, blocking shots, driving on him, etc. Well, at 8-0 I was joking and told him that if I skunked him and beat him 11-0, he would have to play the next game in his boxers. Fast forward to the end of the game, I beat him 11-0 and he was all mad. I turn around to get a drink, turn back around to see him pulling off his shorts over his shoes and then taking his shirt off to play the next game in his boxers.

I was laughing so hard he went up 4-0 on me the next game before I was able to reign it in. Sons are awesome, I suggest making one or many :discourse:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Not true. The guy who wrote the music for Guys and Dolls wrote the song, he wasn't writing a popular song about date rape. The expression "say what's in this drink" was something people said as a way of expressing "hey I'm getting pretty loaded here!" It's been interpreted now to mean her date is trying to drug her, but that's not the original intention of that saying. The song is about sex, and her wanting to stay and have it, but feeling pressure from external forces to turn the man down. He attempts to offer her a number of excuses that she can give to protect her reputation. But make no mistake, she wants to bang.

So what you're saying is that she was asking for it

:thunk:

Nov 6, 2002

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

https://twitter.com/gelliottmorris/status/888904322326638592/photo/1

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

It dawned on me today that taking care of my three-year-old must be very sumilar to having a job in the Trump White House. I'm at the beck and call of someone with the intellect of a toddler and pretty much everything I do is directly for their benefit. And half of it results in a bunch of whining.

Somebody give me a guv'mint job.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Quiet Feet posted:

It dawned on me today that taking care of my three-year-old must be very sumilar to having a job in the Trump White House. I'm at the beck and call of someone with the intellect of a toddler and pretty much everything I do is directly for their benefit. And half of it results in a bunch of whining.

Yeah, same with my 20 month old. Oh, I stopped you from killing yourself. gently caress me, right?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I liked that there was this multiplayer game on steam where one player was a dad trying to protect the baby and the other player was a baby trying to kill themselves

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Quiet Feet posted:

There's still literally hundreds of positions Trump hasn't bothered to nominate anyone for so maybe go ahead and apply

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I liked that there was this multiplayer game on steam where one player was a dad trying to protect the baby and the other player was a baby trying to kill themselves

Casey Anthony got a game?

CyberPingu fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Jul 31, 2017

Nov 6, 2002

Whatever happened to that murdering bitch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
She got acquitted. Disappeard into the night.

Would probably get a QB job before Kaep

• Locked thread