Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
It all depends on what you stick on your chip buttie.

And whether or not you call a chip buttie a chip buttie like god intended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haakman
May 5, 2011

Jose posted:

Norwich is a cool city imo

As a Norwich liver, can confirm.

gently caress Ipswich though.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

SteelMentor posted:

It all depends on what you stick on your chip buttie.
Pickled onion monster munch, of course.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Guavanaut posted:

What the gently caress.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Triangles are the best shape for sandwiches and I will die on that hill. :colbert:

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Guavanaut posted:

So many things wrong here that I don't even know how to begin.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
I'm glad we've gone through chapel perilous and exited into a new better reality where everywhere is actually good.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

TACD posted:

Here's what I reckon: Sheffield is a pretty nice place to live 👍

They used to make nice steel there for tools.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

No surprise that Dundee folk are into BDSM, you'd have to be a masochist to want to live there.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Regarde Aduck posted:

I once crossed the border to England from Wales and immediately started seeing anti-Muslim graffiti. Never again. Not even for a Nandos.

Ah, Chester..

Also Nandos is poo poo.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Spuckuk posted:

Ah, Chester..
I was literally going to post exactly this. Chester is the only place I've lived where most of the graffiti was pro-UKIP

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Nandos is poo poo but we don't have it here. It might be in Cardiff but gently caress Cardiff.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Regarde Aduck posted:

I once crossed the border to England

Regarde Aduck posted:

gently caress Cardiff
If there was every any doubt in my mind as to your Welshness it has been completely extinguished.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised to find a very small "nAzis OUT" scrawled on the underpass in south bank a while back.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

haakman posted:

As a Norwich liver, can confirm.

gently caress Ipswich though.

As a Norwich liver who grew up in Ipswich, gently caress you.

But also gently caress Ipswich.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Regarde Aduck posted:

Nandos is poo poo but we don't have it here. It might be in Cardiff but gently caress Cardiff.

we have a Nandos in Swansea. Llanelli has one two and that's basically Swansea even though it's a different county.

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Jul 31, 2017

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Nando's more like nandon'ts

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
I still dont know what nandos actually is. Is it just chicken? Like a mcdonalds but just chicken?

Random Integer
Oct 7, 2010

I've worked in some pretty depressing places in my time, small rural villages with no job are often a special kind of grim, but by far the grimmest was Cumnock. Just something about the place that kills hope. And I say that having grown up in a town whose major claims to fame in my youth were:

1) One of Irelands highest unemployment rates
2) Cromwell killed a bunch of folk there
3) We have a guys severed head on public display

(The current claims to fame are just the Cromwell thing and the head. Progress.)

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

communism bitch posted:

I still dont know what nandos actually is. Is it just chicken? Like a mcdonalds but just chicken?

Yes but also much more expensive. They make a big deal out of their un-noteworthy hot sauce. It's extremely poo poo and I'd rather go to just about any other fast food place.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

communism bitch posted:

It's a touch more upmarket than that. Think pizza hut but for spicy chicken.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Infinite free refills of soft drinks though, American style

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

communism bitch posted:

Imagine a boot stomping on a chicken forever, and then being served on a plate.

That's nando's.

E: it's the boot that gets served on the plate

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
I like chicken but that doesn't sounfd especially good.

If you're ever in Portsmouth and want good chicken there's a place called Umami that will basically cook and dismantle an entire fresh chicken right in front of you and give you the best bits with delicious sauces, and it's real good.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
I quite like Nandos but I hate myself for it. Pizza Hut for chicken is probably a decent way of putting it. I have no loving clue how it became basically a meme though because at heart it is, yes, just some chicken with nice enough but not particularly remarkable hot sauce.

I get a weird kick out of asking for tap water than stealing a bunch of Coke though. I WIN NANDOS.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Pizza hut pizza is dogshit imvho. Dominos is far superior.

Random Integer
Oct 7, 2010

communism bitch posted:

Dominos is also dogshit. There is no good chain pizza place.

winegums
Dec 21, 2012

ThomasPaine posted:

I have no loving clue how it became basically a meme though because at heart it is, yes, just some chicken with nice enough but not particularly remarkable hot sauce.

Marketing my friend, marketing. Remember those Nandos black cards that got sent out to celebrities? Which were then tweeted about? Natural viral marketing to their target audience.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It's alright chicken but it's only like generic supermarket barbeque/spicy chicken.

I'd rather go KFC.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

communism bitch posted:

Yes dominoes has better pizza but Pizza Hut pretends it's an actual restaurant rather than just a lovely fast-food joint.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
A couple of public school boys are engaging in a war of long words in Parliament.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

ThomasPaine posted:

Yes dominoes has better pizza but Pizza Hut pretends it's an actual restaurant rather than just a lovely fast-food joint.

Which one does the chocolate pizza though

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

Kegluneq posted:

I saw Goodfellas 'Sweetfellas' dessert pizza in Tescos and nearly puked

e: speaking of supermarket pizzas bring back baked bean pizzas and also those nice naan bread pizzas you used to get

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

ThomasPaine posted:

e: speaking of supermarket pizzas bring back baked bean pizzas and also those nice naan bread pizzas you used to get

There was a place at my uni that did full English breakfast pizzas

:magnifico:

and i must meme
Jan 15, 2017

Kegluneq posted:

dominos iirc

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Leicester... exists? :confuoot:

poo poo I don't know, I never leave the house. Ask Guava.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

communism bitch posted:

IMo they are both good when you want a trashy fast food pizza. Time & a place for it, though I prefer Pizza Hut's stuffed crust to Domino's.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Best pizza comes from TJ's.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

There was a place at my uni that did full English breakfast pizzas

:magnifico:

It's v easy to make your own, buy a base (or French bread), add cooked bacon and sausage , baked beans, cheese, cook, top with brown sauce :chef:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

ThomasPaine posted:

I saw Goodfellas 'Sweetfellas' dessert pizza in Tescos and nearly puked

I've had one of those and it's fairly meh. You can get the same effect putting nutella on toast. (Yes it's me I have the worst taste in food and drink, ama about the best pound shop instant coffee)

• Locked thread