Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Last month we had an election, it didn't really go according to Theresa's plan. She's still pretending that she's PM and agreed to give a billion or so of public money to NI to keep the DUP onside, which has made some Scottish Tories unhappy. In addition to anyone unhappy with mass scale bribery.
https://twitter.com/BBCNewsnight/status/873293448954171395

Also some political heavyweights lost their seats.

Also England has now noticed that the DUP exists and people started asking what the deal is with homophobic dinosaur-deniers being a relevant voice in the present day United Kingdom.
Mister Adequate did a big effortpost about this and it was good (The post. The DUP is bad.)

Also Corbyn is doing well in his new role of 'Leader of the Opposition With Actual Backing' and his amendment about removing the public sector pay cap has caused Theresa May to perform an impressive triple U-turn.

What else is going on?

• A plan to cover high rise buildings in flammable cladding turns out to have surprising results as a towering inferno kills many people and leaves others homeless.
• There's a big suspicion that the number of dead is being deliberately downplayed to prevent civil unrest, with hundreds feared dead.
• Complaints about PVC gas pipes running through the fireproof stairwell and random electrical surges were also ignored for years.
• A whole bunch of other tower blocks are found to be covered in the same stuff and there has been a mass evacuation from towers in Camden.
• Jeremy Corbyn's suggestion to compulsory purchase replacement housing for the families from empty housing stock is decried as communism by idiots who don't know how compulsory purchase or freeholds work.
• The FBU has hit out at the cuts to mental health services available for firefighters in the aftermath of the fire.
• The chief executive of Kensington and Chelsea council resigns over the borough's response to the fire, but is thought to be getting a six figure severance instead of the kind involving an apparatus.
• The council leader resigns too, in a babbling speech about legal regulations.
• Tim Farron has stepped down as leader of the Liberal Democrats to focus his time on finding a cure for gay frogs.
• David Davis has capitulated to the EU schedule of events for Brexit means Brexit.
• There was a terroristquiet gardening attack outside Finsbury Park Mosque, injuring at least eight people and killing one, as an inquest has determined that the already ill victim was alive before being hit.
• The Daily Mail had a huge tantrum about the hateful fascist left after commenters hinted that their attitude in the wake of previous terror attacks may have been causative.
• Someone did a cyberattack on the Houses of Parliament, using WiFi to try to gain access to the mechanism that runs the big clock or something.

UKMT Summer School

Stop, Thief!: The Commons, Enclosures, And Resistance – Peter Linebaugh
Libertarian Communism – Isaac Puente Amestoy
At The Cafι – Malatesta
The Method of Freedom – Malatesta
In Praise of Idleness – Russell
Political Ideals – Russell
Declaration – Hardt and Negri
Liberalism, a Counter History – Domenico Losurdo
God and the State – Bakunin
The Conquest of Bread – Kropotkin
Imperialism, the Highest Stage of Capitalism – V I Lenin
Anarchism and Other Essays – Emma Goldman
Social Reform or Revolution – Rosa Luxemburg
Violence – Slavoj Zizek
Jihad vs. McWorld - Benjamin Barber
Flat Earth News - Nick Davies
Ecology of Freedom – Murray Bookchin
Anarchism, Marxism and the Future of the Left – Murray Bookchin
Let's Read Das Kapital – Karl Marx and Goons

We're All Going on a Summer Holiday

International Co-operative Day
All Previous UKMTs (thanks Pesky Splinter)

Dominion Day
Scotpol Thread

Racial Harmony Day
EDL/Fash Thread

Captive Nations Week
Europol Thread

Silence Day
Paedogeddon/Press Corruption Thread

Collector Car Appreciation Day
Trainchat Thread

Ratcatcher's Day
Political Cartoons Thread

System Administrator Appreciation Day
#ukgoons on synIRC (thanks crispix).

Friendship Day

quote:

1. It's not a person's fault if they are poor;
2. It's not their fault if they are disabled;
3. Neo-liberalism doesn't work;
4. The Daily Mail lies (maybe even about Pig Dave and charity);
5. Neo-liberalism has never worked;
6. The British Empire was not a force for good;
7. Neo-liberalism will never work;
8. Trans people are not "men in dresses";
9. Gendered insults are not okay;
10. If something is "so gay" it had better be something that is really happy;
11. Trains are awesome;
12. The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles;
13. Ni dieu, ni maξtre, nae hope.

UKMT Commissars (thanks feedmegin)

quote:

Last month I came up with the idea of a register of goons and their CLPs in case any new joiners wanted someone to go to to get the local lie of the land.

feedmegin - Loughborough (only just got here though!)
maugrim - Dulwich and West Norwood
Autonomous Monster - Edinburgh Central (s?)
Lord of the Llamas - Edinburgh Central, Ipswich
Cast_no_shadow - Sheffield south east
Oh dear me - St Austell & Newquay
mehall - Cunninghame North/South ('s partner)
waffle - Southampton (Test)
mfcrocker,Barry Foster - Bristol West
MikeCrotch - Broxtowe
Jakabite - Manchester Central
SpaceCommie - Oxford East
Rolled Cabbage - Bexleyheath and Crayford
FishHead - Coventry NE
Borrovan - Swansea West
Stoic Fnord - SE Cambridgeshire
Kegluneq - Hyndburn
Niric - Glasgow Southside/Central
spiderbot - Enfield Southgate
Irving Washington - Leeds North East

Guavanaut fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jul 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
CORBYN RULZ TORIES DROOLZ

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Gum posted:

It's cockney. Septic tank

Oh. I was raised in Canada, I'm a dual citizen :shobon:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Night10194 posted:

What's interesting to me is seeing how your press tried really loving hard to kill Corbyn and it didn't work at all.
I'd put that as a combination of the dying rage of the printed page for daily news and Corbyn's massive gains after election rules kicked in, meaning that people started reporting on what he actually said as selectively could rather than straight up saying that he wants to sell Tower Bridge to ISIS and replace the army with Irish youths in ski masks.

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

In before CONDUP coalition falls apart

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Guavanaut posted:

I'd put that as a combination of the dying rage of the printed page for daily news and Corbyn's massive gains after election rules kicked in, meaning that people started reporting on what he actually said as selectively could rather than straight up saying that he wants to sell Tower Bridge to ISIS and replace the army with Irish youths in ski masks.

He should. Irish youths in ski masks have a much higher rate of success

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Because it's still funny.

Also it's the MayDUP government.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

placeholder post for my 'congrats prime minister corbyn' post

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:

CoolCab posted:

Oh. I was raised in Canada, I'm a dual citizen :shobon:

Speaking of citizenry shenanigans, citizens of the Republic of Ireland are eligible to be UK MPs, so elect a bunch of them so they can kick NI out of the union. Then I'll do my bit over here in the Republic and vote not to take them in.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Guavanaut posted:

The actual official line from within Newscorp is that that they just didn't try hard enough to get Corbyn and in general were not as engaged with the election and certainly never endorsed May.

Someone's job at the Sun right now is to make sure that Murdoch never sees their front pages for the last 6 months.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Hi. I'm just here to enjoy watching Corbyn in action and to mock Brits who complain about American food.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Hi. I'm just here to enjoy watching Corbyn in action and to mock Brits who complain about American food.

Velveeta.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

My moment of glory with an effortpost in the OP has ended :negative:

e; Wait I just saw the link! :v:

Tha_Joker_GAmer
Aug 16, 2006
gently caress the tories page one motherfucker

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
hot take: the tories are bad and not good

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Liu posted:

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

also i like our PM corbyn but I don't want his 10,000 extra police. BAM right on the first page

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

OHHHHHH JEREMY COOOORRRRRBYN

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tesseraction posted:

the boy loves his jam

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Geshundheit.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Taintrunner posted:

the boy loves his jam

Would Corbyn's voice have saved that album alone?

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

Liu posted:

:yeah:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Catching up with the June thread and Lmao at Lord adonis

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

The Tories are horrible but I just saw a clip of Nigel Farage again and whoo boy, I hope his face catches fire.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Jeremy Corbyn should... not resign this month.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Namtab posted:

Always nice to see progress in AI in our isles. I feel sure our economy will be saved by hitech when we finally brexit...

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

hakimashou posted:

Jeremy Corbyn should... not resign this month.

Good pissflaps is back? :captainpop:

e:oh fucksakes

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Namtab posted:

That boy ain't right

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

JFairfax posted:

That boy ain't right
Purely psychosomatic.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Humiliation for Loser Clegg.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The tories are freaking the gently caress out now they know what brexit means lol

Leading Tory ministers, including pro-Brexit MPs like David Davis and Boris Johnson, want Theresa May to loosen some of her "red-lines" because they have "hamstrung" exit negotiations, a former senior government adviser has claimed.

James Chapman, who was Brexit Secretary Mr Davis's chief of staff until the snap election, said the Prime Minister's "absolutist" positions have made life very difficult for his former boss as he conducts talks with the European Union.

He suggested Ms May should loosen her commitment to leaving the jurisdiction of the European Court of Justice (ECJ) and hinted that Mr Davis and Mr Johnson could back a more liberal approach on immigration.

The former adviser said of Mrs May: "Where she's taken some absolutist positions on particular issues, I'm thinking of the European Court of Justice.

"She's set a red line effectively for a conference speech that hamstrung these negotiations in my view."

On Mr Davis, he went on: "There isn't anyone better to do this negotiation in Parliament in my view.

"He's a very tough, resilient operator. There have been red lines that have been set for him, that make the job he has to do very difficult."

He pointed out that the two most high profile Brexiteers in the Cabinet, Mr Davis and Mr Johnson, were both liberal on immigration.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...s-a7817851.html

Or it's David Davis getting excuses in ewrly

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

JFairfax posted:

"He's a very tough, resilient operator. There have been red lines that have been set for him, that make the job he has to do very difficult."

Such a tough, resilient operator that he needs maximum flexibility to concede things to the EU.

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

R. Mute posted:

The Tories are horrible but I just saw a clip of Nigel Farage again and whoo boy, I hope his face catches fire.

A Clinton supporter advocating political violence?

Well I never

edit: I keep having horrible worries that Brexit and leaving the EEC is going to cause food shortages especially on fresh veg

Intrinsic Field Marshal fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Jul 1, 2017

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Intrinsic Field Marshal posted:

Well I never

lmao

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Well I never
I hope he crashes another plane and the propeller gets stuck up his butt and he spins around and around hootin' and hollerin'

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
I just remembered that there is an actual Lord Adonis in the House of Lords. Former Labour councillor (in Corbyn's constituency even!), later a Labour Lord and Minister for Education, now a cross-bencher.

Lord_Adonis, are you in fact Lord Adonis?

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

R. Mute posted:

I hope he crashes another plane and the propeller gets stuck up his butt and he spins around and around hootin' and hollerin'

I hope you enjoy eight years of President Chimp and see your country being run into the ground for the memes because the Democrats wont stop putting out corporatist shitheel presidential candidates that have to rig party primaries in their favour because they couldn't hope to defeat the bastard child of Danny DeVito and Larry David in a fair election.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

I hope you enjoy eight years of President Chimp and see your country being run into the ground for the memes because the Democrats wont stop putting out corporatist shitheel presidential candidates that have to rig party primaries in their favour because they couldn't hope to defeat the bastard child of Danny DeVito and Larry David in a fair election.

We don't have a president, I don't know what you're talking about. No democrats or primaries either.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I hope everyone has a good day, and that we eventually achieve Full Gay Wood Communism Now and Forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Tesseraction posted:

If any Tories out there want to rise up and meet the Proper Boy's populist chant head-on, singing "Theresa May" to the tune of OMD's "Enola Gay" works well. The lyrics fit too and it's a flashback to kinder times in the early 80s when the Tories last had a viable mandate.

Early 80s synth-pop posted:

Theresa May, you should have stayed at home yesterday
Ah-ha words can't describe the feeling and the way you lied
These games you play they're going to end in more than tears some day
Ah-ha Theresa May it shouldn't ever have to end this way

Slightly ruined when watching the original video for the song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5XJ2GiR6Bo and realising the lead singer of OMD looks a lot like a young Oliver Letwin.

Clyde Radcliffe fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Jul 1, 2017

• Locked thread