Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

mind the walrus posted:

One of the very best things Homecoming did--and it did a whole hell of a lot-- was finally leaning into the joke that without buildings a Spider-Hero has to jog on the ground like a schmuck.

Half the scenes in that movie could have been accompanied by a horn going "bwah-bwah". It was pretty wonderful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

It would almost be better if he just refused to run and kept doggedly swinging along from one and two story buildings in little tiny arcs, basically pacing a modest jog.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

mind the walrus posted:

One of the very best things Homecoming did--and it did a whole hell of a lot-- was finally leaning into the joke that without buildings a Spider-Hero has to jog on the ground like a schmuck.

I think that bit in the film may have been inspired by one of the classic Peter David stories, 'When Commeth The Commuter!', which is a great story to track down.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Yvonmukluk posted:

I think that bit in the film may have been inspired by one of the classic Peter David stories, 'When Commeth The Commuter!', which is a great story to track down.

Amazing Spider-Man 267

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Bruceski posted:

Amazing Spider-Man 267

Whenever you walk down the toy aisle and you wonder 'why would Spider-Man need a motorcycle or a dune buggy?' this is the answer.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Bruceski posted:

Amazing Spider-Man 267

I'd have fully believed that this was Newspaper Spider-Man

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

At least in Houston, you just have to walk a couple blocks to find another skyscraper since it has the city planning of someone who has never played SimCity before.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Endless Mike posted:

At least in Houston, you just have to walk a couple blocks to find another skyscraper since it has the city planning of someone who has never played SimCity before.
Yeah until you get much past the Galleria. Do you think crime's just gonna disappear because you got past 610 without dying?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

mind the walrus posted:

Good. Ren and Stimpy was always overrated. Well OK the Log jingle was cool

Everything John Kricfalusi was directly and majorly involved in was way overrated. Except Mighty Mouse. That was some good stuff but almost nobody remembers it.

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
The Mighty Mouse spoof of the Chipmunks will forever live on in my heart. The 80s were overstuffed with Chipmunks, so as a little kid I was delighted that someone else hated them as much as I did.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
John K. took ages to get an episode out so they basically handed production over to another animator who'd worked on the show. When the episode he finished were released on DVD, they got Kricfalusi in to record commentaries for them and he spent most of them slagging off the other guy's work and how he would've done it better.

At least that guy was able to finish the episodes, John K.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

X-O posted:

Everything John Kricfalusi was directly and majorly involved in was way overrated. Except Mighty Mouse. That was some good stuff but almost nobody remembers it.

I distantly remember it, if you mean the "Newer" Mighty mouse :corsair:

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Yvonmukluk posted:

Before I learned about how the months on comics actually work, I was very happy that this was my birth issue.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Blackchamber posted:

Whenever you walk down the toy aisle and you wonder 'why would Spider-Man need a motorcycle or a dune buggy?' this is the answer.

also for this:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Zeeman posted:

Scarlet Spider #3

Spider-Man in Kansas.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Roth posted:

I'd have fully believed that this was Newspaper Spider-Man

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Wheat Loaf posted:

John K. took ages to get an episode out so they basically handed production over to another animator who'd worked on the show. When the episode he finished were released on DVD, they got Kricfalusi in to record commentaries for them and he spent most of them slagging off the other guy's work and how he would've done it better.

At least that guy was able to finish the episodes, John K.

One time I did enjoy Kricfalusi was on his commentary track on the Looney Tunes Volume 1 Bluray. He did a commentary for a Bob Clampett Daffy Duck cartoon and he spent the whole time just completely geeking out in joy over every little thing that happened in the video. As I said I'm not a big fan but it was endearing how much love he had for this cartoon.

Section Z posted:

I distantly remember it, if you mean the "Newer" Mighty mouse :corsair:

Yup, late '80s. The talent involved in that show would be unimaginable today. Besides Kricfalusi you had Tom Minton, Bruce Timm, Jim Reardon, Lynne Naylor, Andrew Stanton, and more. And of course running the whole show was Ralph Bakshi.

X-O fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Aug 1, 2017

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Newspaper Spider Man is a national treasure.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The only thing better would be Pym and Jameson in the front of his car, Spider-Man and Ant-Man in the back in full costume.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I'm not sure what my favorite part of this is. The fact that Jameson got back to town and put out a newspaper lauding himself faster than Pete and Eric could catch a train, or Pete's depression in the third panel.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Or that it's Scott not Eric. Or they go on a date when they get back. Yes. Actually

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Begemot posted:

I'm not sure what my favorite part of this is. The fact that Jameson got back to town and put out a newspaper lauding himself faster than Pete and Eric could catch a train, or Pete's depression in the third panel.

Your favorite part should be that Jameson drove away in a car that Scott rented.

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Aug 1, 2017

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Sure make a Dick Tracy villain with a name that's going to be hell to search for! :v

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

mind the walrus posted:

That shot of him hoofing it across the golf course at night was so goddamn good :allears:

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

"Gosh, I love arrows."

(Are we sure this isn't a flashback from an issue of Hawkguy?)

Hawkeye #3 of 4, 1983

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Zamboni Apocalypse posted:

"Gosh, I love arrows."

(Are we sure this isn't a flashback from an issue of Hawkguy?)

Hawkeye #3 of 4, 1983

Matt Fraction actually knew a poo poo ton about Hawkeye before writing his series.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
"Reader, I married him."

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

New Chip Zdarsky How To Draw variant covers for Marvel.

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

Teenage Fansub posted:

New Chip Zdarsky How To Draw variant covers for Marvel.

He found more material in that basic concept than I was expecting.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

All good quality, but I still don't understand how to draw Doug.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Ghostlight posted:

All good quality, but I still don't understand how to draw Doug.

Grab your sketchbook

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gx92i67ppc

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Those are broadheads.
Is he planning to get murder-y?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

The Lone Badger posted:

Those are broadheads.
Is he planning to get murder-y?

Ask Bruce banner

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

He's just going to climb up some wooden walls. At least, that's what I understood the purpose of broadheads to be after playing Tomb Raider.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Very Expensive.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Ghostlight posted:

He's just going to climb up some wooden walls. At least, that's what I understood the purpose of broadheads to be after playing Tomb Raider.

Hawkeye literally does that. (Not that guy, he's to bulky.)

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Looove those "how to draw" pages!

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Star Wars Empire #14

Context: Vader crash landed on this backwater planet, killed the leader of those animals, and then became their leader while he makes his way to this Imperial Outpost where nobody is actually doing their jobs since they don't think anybody is going to bother inspecting them.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Black Bolt 4 really hits the sweet spot between funny and touching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Roth posted:

Star Wars Empire #14

Context: Vader crash landed on this backwater planet, killed the leader of those animals, and then became their leader while he makes his way to this Imperial Outpost where nobody is actually doing their jobs since they don't think anybody is going to bother inspecting them.

I'm the ugly photoshop filters over the original art.