Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Marwin now has 1B, 2B, 3B, SS and OF ellig on ESPN. Someone cut him in May and I have been using him as a super sub ever since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
That was probably me :xd:

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Boosh! posted:

That was probably me :xd:

lol no this is a league with only one other goon (sup porkface) in it.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
When will Marwin catch 10 games?

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld
So I've been offered a trade and I'm garbage at judging trade value in fantasy baseball. I've been offered:
W. Ramos (c)
C. Bellinger (1b, of)
T. Cahill (sp,rp)
For:
W. Contreras (C,Of)
M. Brantley (of)
Y. Darvish (sp)

Am I wrong for thinking this is terrible? Darvish hasn't been very good, but Contreras and Brantley have been. I'm not desperate for homeruns at all. This is a normal Yahoo pro league and I'm in 6th

E: after about 2 minutes of research I have no idea if this is even or not. For reference I have Miguel Cabrera and Logan Morrison and Marwin Gonzalez as possible first baseman, but Marwin currently occupies my ss spot

Scruffy the janitor fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Jul 29, 2017

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Scruffy the janitor posted:

So I've been offered a trade and I'm garbage at judging trade value in fantasy baseball. I've been offered:
W. Ramos (c)
C. Bellinger (1b, of)
T. Cahill (sp,rp)
For:
W. Contreras (C,Of)
M. Brantley (of)
Y. Darvish (sp)

Am I wrong for thinking this is terrible? Darvish hasn't been very good, but Contreras and Brantley have been. I'm not desperate for homeruns at all. This is a normal Yahoo pro league and I'm in 6th

E: after about 2 minutes of research I have no idea if this is even or not. For reference I have Miguel Cabrera and Logan Morrison and Marwin Gonzalez as possible first baseman, but Marwin currently occupies my ss spot

I wouldn't do it. Darvish will bounce back and Bellinger is hitting way about his peripherals. Safe play says stand pat, especially if Joe Madden stops loving around with poo poo and leaves Contreras as the cleanup.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
If we could talk more poo poo about Christian Yelich that'd be great.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

it's kind of incredible how each and every red sox hitter is terrible now. and it's been like that since the break, basically.

they'll snap out of it, but christ.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I started moving houses yesterday so I pre-set lineups for today and came back to 3 guys on the DL this evening (cozart/kemp/ray)

Fantasy baseball is fun guys ha ha ha.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Gallo has OF eligibility on Yahoo now.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Schweinhund posted:

Gallo has OF eligibility on Yahoo now.

He's not even worth it in OBP leagues. He needs to get some C eligibility and just maybe..... maybe.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Do I want Jaime Garcia or Parker Bridwell

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

the_american_dream posted:

Do I want Jaime Garcia or Parker Bridwell

Well Garcia just got traded to the Yankees so I'd say anyone but him.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

It seems like John Lackey is back to 2016 form. Probably worth a pickup if he's sitting on your waiver.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Behold my graveyard

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

My gimmick team finally lost a week the dream is dead :(

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

IcePhoenix posted:

My gimmick team finally lost a week the dream is dead :(

One year, I will finally be able to replicate your gimmick team. I failed miserably this year.

Well, maybe not miserably, I am still in third place.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Twin Cinema posted:

One year, I will finally be able to replicate your gimmick team. I failed miserably this year.

Well, maybe not miserably, I am still in third place.

You are technically ahead of the second place team by half a game but ~Divisions~

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Gray to the Yankees, shouldn't change much for him fantasy-wise, right? Obviously home park gets smaller, but he's a GB-heavy pitcher.

Kintzler to the Nats, which also shouldn't change much because I assume they brought him in to close?

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jul 31, 2017

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Inspector_666 posted:

Gray to the Yankees, shouldn't change much for him fantasy-wise, right? Obviously home park gets smaller, but he's a GB-heavy pitcher.

Kintzler to the Nats, which also shouldn't change much because I assume they brought him in to close?

A's have the worst defense and the Yankees are middle of the road, so I think it'll be a net positive?

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Well, goodbye to Addison Reed and Justin Wilson. I can't complain too much since I got them both for free off the wire.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Moncada got carted off after a bad collision. Someone in my league drafted him and held him the whole season, then he has a .500 OPS for a week and now he's probably headed to the DL for a while. At least he won't be taking up a roster space anymore.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
As someone who has been holding Moncada and Urias since last year, let me say gently caress everything

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Trea Turner was just dropped in my league. Isnt he due back later this month roughly? Not out for the season at least right?

spanky69
Nov 5, 2004
I THINK sba HAS LOST HIS MIND. WOOOOOO DOGGIES PUPPIES KITTENS CRAP TURDS, love sba
Fun Shoe

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Trea Turner was just dropped in my league. Isnt he due back later this month roughly? Not out for the season at least right?

He was taking ground balls last week

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Yeah grab him.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
Oh, a trade just happened in my league, let's see what it is....

Jose Altuve and Brandon Kintzler for Rick Porcello and Dee Gordon

And of those 4 players only Kintzler is eligible to be kept. Is he even a closer anymore since he got traded? Relievers are useless in my league unless they can get saves.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I don't think so. Even if he starts out as one they have 2 other guys plus the Dusty factor. Sounds like a headache in the making

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

no way does kintzler close over doolittle or madson. they're both massively better

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

scherzer left the game early...

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

And Sale is getting absolutely worked by Cleveland...

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Had Scherzer carrasco Lester and manea going today for a nice combined what 7 innings are you loving kidding me

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Abel Wingnut posted:

no way does kintzler close over doolittle or madson. they're both massively better

But Kintzler is a Proven Closer™

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Had Scherzer carrasco Lester and manea going today for a nice combined what 7 innings are you loving kidding me

lol

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Today I dropped Jon Villar in a league in which I drafted him in the 3rd round, and it felt pretty good.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
ok dropping Villar for Devers was my best move all year

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

Rand alPaul posted:

A's have the worst defense and the Yankees are middle of the road, so I think it'll be a net positive?

lol

The Yankees made three errors in Gray's first inning.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Monday_ posted:

lol

No ER though!

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Monday_ posted:

lol

:qq: I was hoping he'd get traded to Chicago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JoeRules
Jul 11, 2001
Bregman now is at 9 appearances at SS - one more and he'll qualify on ESPN.

• Locked thread