Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

WampaLord posted:

Okay, a warning in advance, this one is crazy long but holy poo poo, y'all. HOLY poo poo, Y'ALL.

Also, pretend I bolded the whole thing. Skip to the "incidents" parts if you want the most :stonk: things.

Me [27 M] with my fiancee' [35 F] of 2.5 years. Is my mom jealous of my fiancee' and/or being inappropriate with me?

HOLY loving poo poo! What in the hell is wrong with this lady?

:sever:

Or gently caress, at least get out of her house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Outrail posted:

Whats with reddit mods deleting posts and preventing updates? Just seems counter productive.

His mom is a mod on the subreddit.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
My twin sister [19F] is helping my ex-boyfriend [22M] in getting us back together even after I told her to stop. I'm exhausted.

quote:

My ex-boyfriend and I dated for 2 years. At first all was well. I loved him and was crazy for him. I said some pretty intense things such as "you're my soulmate" and "I want to spend the rest of my life with you". He took these words very seriously.

I broke up with him 1 year ago because he was displaying controlling tendencies. The end of the line for me was when we were having an argument and he almost slapped me. I left him then and he did NOT take it well. He followed me and tried to beg me to take him back. He became depressed afterwards and according to his many texts, "a shadow of who he used to be".

My ex is the kind of guy who gets everything he wants just because he's handsome and from a rich family. He thinks he deserves everything he wants and has no experience being rejected by girls.

Anyways our break up was more than 1 year ago. I've been in casual relationships with other guys since then, and he is losing it. I blocked him on all social media and texting but somehow he's still been getting regular updates about me. I know this because he makes dozens of new phone numbers and texts me after I blocked him.

He is always harassing my guy friends/romantic interests and for some reason always knows where I am. Last winter, when I came home for the holidays, he followed me to my hometown. My fraternal twin sister convinced me to go on a blind date with one of her friends from college, and I agreed. Imagine my confusion and indignation when I arrived in the restaurant and saw that her blind date candidate was my EX BOYFRIEND.

He told me that my sister had helped set this up and that shes been a "great sport" since our break up. So she was the one updating him with info on me. I was furious at her and told her that she KNEW how hosed up he was and that she still tried to get me back with him. I told her that she was endangering me, her own sister.

My sister accused me of overreacting. She said that my ex was "harmless" and that he would never hurt me because he really truly loved me. She said that he was better for me than every other guy I knew and that I was dumb for breaking his heart and mine.

I told her that she was clearly obsessed with him and that she could date him if she wanted to. That she could see for himself what kind of person he is. Its obvious that my sister has been drawn in by his looks and charm, causing her to act so irrationally.

I made her promise NEVER to give information about me to him ever again. I made her swear that she would never contact him. She did and I started to trust her afterwards.

Its been 1.5 years since the break up and 7 monts since I told my sister off. Now Im back home for the summer and some strange things have been happening.

My sister spends more time on her phone than usual. When we were at the cottage, she seemed to always want to take a picture of me or a selfie of us together. One night we had a deep talk about love and life and that sort of thing. The next morning, I accidentally grabbed her phone instead of mine.

When I opened it I realized that she had been using WhatsApp to communicate with my ex boyfriend. Still. After all this time. In fact I saw several voice recordings that she had sent to him, and they were all from last night. She had recorded our conversations and sent it to him.

Not only that. She had been sending him pictures of me at the cottage. One of his responses was "thanks, almost feels like I was there with her." She had even sent him a picture of me in my bikini.

I scrolled more through her phone and found that she had never stopped communicating with my ex boyfriend. Never. All those promises she gave me were lies. I confronted her again and she got mad at ME for going through her phone. She then said "Im helping you, because you don't know whats good for you." I told her that she always treated me like a child and that this time, she did NOT know better than me.

We got back from the cottage and are not talking anymore. I threatened to throw her phone in the lake if she didnt stop, but she said that she'll just throw mine away too.

I dont know what to do anymore. I feel so frustrated I could break down in tears. All my life, my twin sister has acted like she knows better than me just because shes smarter. Our parents have even said that shes the "genius of the family" and that Im the " beauty of the family" but not "nearly as clever". It fcking hurts to be patronized like that, I mean, Im not stupid. Just because she goes to Harvard doesnt mean she can somehow take the reins of MY LIFE.

Im a fully functioning adult and I know whats right for me. I know that my ex boyfriend is a creep and a weirdo and that Im better than him.

The saddest thing is that my twin sister somehow thinks my ex boyfriend is the best I could do. Yes he's attractive and rich and has a fancy office job but I just dont want to date him.

Im so confused. My older brother agrees with me and has promised to have a talk with our sister. I doubt it will do much use though. I feel like maybe I AM dumb for leaving my ex. Maybe he IS the best I could ever do.

Please give me some advice and perspective. Im mentally exhausted right now. I feel like my life is not my own and that Im letting other people manipulate and push me around. First my boyfriend and now my sister is trying to control me.

What should I do? Should I tell my parents about this?

TL;DR: My ex boyfriend keeps on trying to get back together with me. My twin sister is obsessed with him and doing everything to help him even after I told him to stop. I am at the end of my rope.

(Missouri USA) My MIL got a secret DNA test on my infant without mine or my husband's consent. Is this legal?

quote:

As the title states, my evil MIL let it be known today that she secretly obtained a DNA test on my 8 month old daughter without mine or my husband's consent or knowledge while she was babysitting our child for an hour. I don't know what she thought the outcome would be, I suppose that part doesn't matter.

Apparently, she obtained a cheap drug store paternity test and swabbed my daughter and her husband's (my daughter's grandfather's) cheek. She must have forged mine or my husband's signature because neither of us knew they did this. My husband has explicitly stated he did not consent to the test and I obviously did not either.

I am angry and I feel completely violated on behalf of my child.

From what I've read, a lab needs one parent's consent before performing these tests. Again, my husband did not consent and I did not consent. Either they forged our signatures or the lab they used is up to some super shady stuff.

I live in Missouri. I plan on filing a restraining order against them first thing in the morning as well as speaking with an attorney about any charges that can be filed. Am I just reaching here or is what they did truly illegal and reprehensible by law?

Can the lab be sued for not obtaining proper consent?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: My daughter belongs to my husband.

Update: I spoke with an attorney refered to me by the Missouri Bar association who then urged me to speak with the police in my town immediately. MIL is being charged with fraud, battery and multiple medical privacy violations because of the nature of the crime and the fact that she works for a doctor's office. She's probably going to lose her job. The detective was extremely helpful and concerned for our family. She's definitely going to jail. Thanks for all the help.

Also an emergency ex parte was granted on behalf of our daughter.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Nm, can't read

P-Mack fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Jul 31, 2017

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
I bet she keeps his umbilical cord in a locket around her neck

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
You and I both know how this one will end:

My[23M] wife [25F] just stormed out, leaving me with our daughter[1]

quote:

u/what_do_I_do19
My wife and I have been together for almost 7 years, married for 3. A little over a year ago we had out first child, planned, but the pregnancy was hard on her, our daughter ended up being 2 months premature and had to spend a month in the NICU before we could take her home.

Because of the complications with the baby the first few months of our daughters life didnt go like my wife wanted, she couldnt breast feed and never felt like the baby bonded with her, whereas she felt the baby was always happy around me.

Due to the hard pregnancy and rough birth my wife suffered from severe postpartum depression, culminating in her eventually being hospitalized for a week. Since then we've been progressing steadily, trying to maintain a healthy relationship while raising a premature child. To cope with this my wife began spending outside of our budget, and drove us a couple of thousand dollars in credit card debt. With out tax refund we were able to eliminate all of our high interest rate debt and I asked her to lock up her credit cards so that she couldn't drive us back into this situation while I was unknowing.

In the mean time I've been working 50-60 hour weeks third shift to try to bring down my student loan debt while my wife acts as a homemaker, something she wanted to do so that she could be closer to the baby. That has changed now though, she gets tired of the baby, stressed out from all the work that piles up around her, and in the end the only real jobs she ends up doing are the laundry every other day and taking care of the baby.

This past week my wife went on a long weekend to see a pair of friends, leaving me to watch the baby, with another friend watching her while I worked. Every day I would drop the baby off around 10pm, go to work, pick the baby up at 8am, and then try to sleep with mixed success. but I felt the time away would be good for my wife, so that she could get some r&r and I would power through.

Cut to last night, she returned from her long weekend. On the way home we were discussing out finances, she was excited because we're going to pick up a new car we put a deposit on last week. I mentioned that our plan would be to put the rest of the down payment on a credit card and pay it off immediately. Then she informed me that we couldn't do that because both of her cards had too high of a balance, the down payment would get declined.

Cue another argument about our finances. I yelled, I was angry. when we got home she told me that this is exactly why she didn't tell me in the first place, she knew I would yell, and that I scared her. I wont deny that I got loud, but I have never once threatened her.

She stormed out of the car and hid in our bedroom while I got our daughter ready for bed. I walked in on my wife beginning to cut herself and demanded that she hand me the knife. I sat down on the bed with her, still holding our daughter, and tried to discuss what was going on, asked if we needed to have her re-admitted. During the course of this our daughter crawled from my lap into hers, and I tried telling my wife how much the two of us missed her. She told me to take the baby away.

After four days away I expected her to miss our daughter, but she just went on another tirade about how the baby doesn't love her and only loves me. I snapped and took the baby downstairs where the two of us could sleep on the couch. After some time she came downstairs with a bag and informed me she was staying at a friends.

This morning I received a text saying that she would meet me at the car dealership where we're supposed to pick up her new car, and i'm kind of at a loss for what to do.

I'm kind of at the end of my rope, I feel used and not respected. I understand that a lot of the issues here are still stemming form postpartum depression, but I don't know if I can take any more of this.

tl;dr: had an argument with my wife over finances, she left and spent the night at a friends. I'm unsure if I even want her back here, let alone to take out a loan for her to get a car.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

fruit on the bottom posted:

(Missouri USA) My MIL got a secret DNA test on my infant without mine or my husband's consent. Is this legal?

I'm impressed that actually got so much traction, what the MIL did was awful but I would have guessed police/courts wouldn't take it too seriously because there wasn't much harm outside of hurt feelings. Color me pleasantly surprised.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
It's the medical privacy violations that did it, I bet.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
My [34 M] wife [35 F] wants to name our girl after my late sister. I think it's beautiful but feel ambivalent.

quote:

She was called Magdalena but everyone called Meme or Malena. I think it's a beautiful way to remember but I'm not entirely sure I'd like it.

She died 4 years ago in an accident related to her epilepsy and it's so difficult for me to come to terms with. I don't think I can ever call a anyone Meme again, it was such a unique name for me , reserved only for my sister. On the other hand , my sister was from a different ethnicity (same as my wife) and if our girl looks like that I'd be seeing a little bit of my sister every day. I don't know how that'd make me feel, maybe it'd be a great way to see a beautiful piece of her every day or if it'd make me sad.

Any body here experienced something similar?

tl;dr: wife wants to name our girl after my late sister. Considering several things, I'm not sure I'd like it even if I understand her intentions to honor my sister's memory.

quote:

What I can gather from your post history is your wife is going to name your daughter after the sister you had a sexual relationship with?

Yeah...don't do that

:stonk:

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

ArbitraryC posted:

I'm impressed that actually got so much traction, what the MIL did was awful but I would have guessed police/courts wouldn't take it too seriously because there wasn't much harm outside of hurt feelings. Color me pleasantly surprised.

Performing non-emergent tests that require informed consent without the OK of a patient or their medical decision maker is assault (or battery I forget which) in most states. I assume committing fraud to get it done makes you turbo hosed.

Based on MILs employment in the medical field, she should know this which is why she is likely being prosecuted so harshly.

Or the cops were super bored that day and this was an interesting case for them :shrug:

CoasterMaster
Aug 13, 2003

The Emperor of the Rides

Nap Ghost

Inescapable Duck posted:

I'm reminded of one Japanese local multiplayer board game where if you're losing, you can make a deal with the devil and go full gently caress Everyone mode, wrecking everyone else's things scorched earth with Satanic superpowers. I'm sure that ended some relationships.

lol if you don't play every game like this. If you can't win, it should be your goal to ruin the life of whoever is currently winning...

[also don't play games with people that get mad at board games....]

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

It's the medical privacy violations that did it, I bet.

HIPPA violations are a usually enforced by the federal government and require a report and investigation by a government entity. Not the police.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

La Brea Carpet posted:

Performing non-emergent tests that require informed consent without the OK of a patient or their medical decision maker is assault (or battery I forget which) in most states. I assume committing fraud to get it done makes you turbo hosed.

Based on MILs employment in the medical field, she should know this which is why she is likely being prosecuted so harshly.

Or the cops were super bored that day and this was an interesting case for them :shrug:

Yeah I mean I can understand how she got hit with so many charges I'm just surprised "grandma swabbed baby's mouth with qtip because she thinks wife cheated on her son" isn't something that would more result in a slap on the wrist even if it could technically be pursued as battery.

I am glad tho, gently caress her, I just wouldn't have expected this matter to be handled legally rather than personally.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

ArbitraryC posted:

Yeah I mean I can understand how she got hit with so many charges I'm just surprised "grandma swabbed baby's mouth with qtip because she thinks wife cheated on her son" isn't something that would more result in a slap on the wrist.

"Q-tip in babymouth" by itself is harmless; its the Qtip in babymouth, without consent, plus forgery, plus fraud, plus stealing baby's genetic information and sending to a third party, plus being a medical professional that really puts the olive on top of this poo poo sandwich of a human.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Does it annoy people when I double up stories in one post?

I [F25] just "humiliated" my boyfriend's [M27] family friend [F25] in front of his family by inadvertently exposing her various white lies. Now they're mad at me?

quote:

For a little background: my boyfriend "Jake" [M27] and I [F25] live in NYC. We've been together for a year and although I've spoken on the phone with his parents and chatted with them over Skype, we hadn't met until this month (they live outside of Chicago and don't travel). They've been slow to warm up to me and I get that, distance and all, but their chilliness is also compounded by the fact they think Jake and their best friends' daughter "Maddy" [F25] are absolutely made for each other. Example: these people spent thousands of dollars on prom just so Jake would take her, including paying for a bunch of his guy friends to go with him so he didn't have a reason not to go.

They make no bones about bringing her up in conversation when I'm nearby, making sure Jake hears all about the adventures Maddy is having traveling the world and acting and singing and modeling and how wonderful it would be to "lock down" a girl like that. Jake points out that I also travel and perform (I'm a professional opera singer, I perform internationally several times a year) and his mother comes back with "oh, but that's really only one thing, isn't it?" and then goes on to explain how Maddy is so versatile and has been trained in "all the arts."

My lovely boyfriend laughs and tells me Maddy's parents send her to whatever academies they can afford (and they certainly can afford a lot) but she has yet to actually work as a paid actress or a model. He's said before she's nice enough, but a flake, he's always wondered why his parents try to keep up with their friends and we've left it at that.

To the present: we arrived to spend a week this summer with Jake's parents. They advised us they were having a BBQ for friends and family to come see Jake, so far so good. And of course, guess who's going to be there? Maddy arrives and it's obvious Jake's parents want to isolate the two of them, but Jake keeps pulling other friends and me into the conversation to keep the group large.

Fast forward to Maddy (and somewhat her parents) going on and on about how her friends overseas were just so shocked an American picked up their languages so quickly because there's no emphasis on learning other languages here. Maddy is bemoaning she has no one to converse with as a fluent trilingual (English of course, French and Italian) woman. She emphasized multiple times that she was fluent.

Jake points out that I also love languages and would be thrilled to have someone to speak with as well. (Yay, I thought we had found common ground!) I admit, I get a little excited when I hear someone also speaks a foreign language (I'm French myself, I also speak Italian and not too terrible Spanish) and so I enthusiastically agreed and said "I'd love to do that!" and then I added on in French "and perhaps read a few books together? A bilingual book club would be such fun!" Maddy looked at me like I'd grown a second head, then painfully and awkwardly responded with a few common French phrases and words that had nothing to do with anything we were talking about. A few of the words didn't even form a sentence. I immediately realized she knew next to no French and covered by apologizing for speaking quickly (I hadn't at all).

The rest of the BBQ Maddy avoided me while she and her parents made the rounds subtly hinting I have the oddest accent they've heard, etc. etc. (I don't at all, btw, if we were to compare my accent to the severity of different American accents for example I'm about as extreme as someone from, say, Ohio.)

When they finally left, Jake's parents went on a five minute bender on how I humiliated Maddy by mocking her "type of French." (I don't even know what that means.) Jake stated we were leaving and we went back to his friend's house who thought the whole thing was hilarious.

On one hand, if you don't actually have a skill you deserve to fall on your face when you lie about it. On the other, my potentially future in laws now hate me (more). Jake thinks Maddy got just what she deserved, but I wonder if I owe anyone an apology here?? What can I do to smooth this over?

tl;dr: My [F25] boyfriend's [M27] parents keep shoving their friends' daughter [F25] in his face, lauding all of her accomplishments, such as her ability to speak fluent French and Italian. I met her at a party where she was complaining she can't find anyone fluent enough in the US to speak at her level, but when I said a couple of simple sentences to her in French she froze and it was obvious she was caught in a lie. I didn't intentionally expose her, so do I owe an apology??

Also I think we covered the one about where the guy found out his parents used money he gave them to send her to gay reeducation camp. There's an update.

[Florida] (2nd and probably final) [Update] I found out that my younger sister was sent away to a religious camp for her sexuality by my evangelical parents, who lied and took money from me (I believe) to fund it. I am furious.

quote:

This will be a short update but the situation with my sister has ended on a positive note. It has been "resolved". I think the mods will remove this but anyone who wants to know what happened will be able to see.

Currently I am in the hospital. I initially thought I had a bad flu from stress following the incident but I wasn't getting better and yesterday I went to the doctor, she ordered me to the hospital for a spinal tap and I actually contracted bacterial meningitis, so I'm not doing so well in that regard. I'm bored and feeling like garbage but I have free time and I've been meaning to write because this was just "resolved". If this isn't entirely coherent, I apologize, my brain is obviously a bit fried right now. This is going to be horribly shortened.

I did not give my father any money, and we both basically ended up pretending that I never offered the money and that he never theoretically accepted it. I found out the camp she was staying in (my mother frequently needs computer help) and it was one of the terribly described religious therapy camps several states away. I found several horror stories online from people who have attended this camp, and I showed it to mom and dad and found a sympathetic religious figure from the community they both respected, and I convinced them after much struggling to go pick her up with me. We did and ended up flying there and picking her up with a lot of trouble. They didn't want to let me in at all, and took an extremely long time letting her see us, which made my parents very very mad, and my parents were very upset about the small parts of the facility we were allowed to see. They told us our sister would lie and that they should go without seeing her, which made them madder. I thought we were going to have to call the police. But we eventually got her out after many hours spent there. I was nervous she would yell at them but she knew to pretend she had "changed" without me needing to tell her.

She are back home as of several days ago (I'm in the hospital as of yesterday).

My parents are basically pretending they were "tricked" into the place being a four star resort and are laughing the whole thing off, like they are equal victims in this and this was all a wacky adventure where they stole my money and sent my sister to abusive gay prison. Me and my sister have discussed it privately and we've agreed that she will not make any waves until 18 and then she can live with me during college. Sadly we still have two years until then. I despise my parents and cannot say a thing to them which is infuriating. I hate their hypocrisy and bs but we both have to swallow it for the moment. I am finished with them completely and plan never to speak to them again after she is 18.

(To SM, I lost your phone number but I will email you again when I'm out of the hospital which may be a while. To Kathy thank you for the advice, you are the nicest person I've ever met.)

This is written badly but it's taken me forever and I can't really think to write now. This is definitely missing info but that is the main points. Thank for all the advice, it has helped me get through the worst month of my life.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

WampaLord posted:

Okay, a warning in advance, this one is crazy long but holy poo poo, y'all. HOLY poo poo, Y'ALL.

Also, pretend I bolded the whole thing. Skip to the "incidents" parts if you want the most :stonk: things.

Me [27 M] with my fiancee' [35 F] of 2.5 years. Is my mom jealous of my fiancee' and/or being inappropriate with me?

HOLY loving poo poo! What in the hell is wrong with this lady?

I did as you recommended and just started with INCIDENT 1 and was thinking "Jesus dude you're 27 and just had surgery just take your meds"

But as I read on from there I realized that avoiding pain meds is probably a good idea when your mom is constantly trying to molest you :stonk:

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Does it annoy people when I double up stories in one post?

I'd rather you space them out a bit more, it gives each of them some room to breath.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Mak0rz posted:

I did as you recommended and just started with INCIDENT 1 and was thinking "Jesus dude you're 27 and just had surgery just take your meds"

But as I read on from there I realized that avoiding pain meds is probably a good idea when your mom is constantly trying to molest you :stonk:

I started at the bottom of the post and immediately thought "oh no wonder he thinks his mom wants to gently caress him he's off his meds" only to read the rest of the post, realize what meds he was talking about, and come to the same conclusion

the post-surgical pain isn't going to hurt nearly as badly as the pain of knowing your mom was using you to get off while you were passed out

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

[Florida] (2nd and probably final) [Update] I found out that my younger sister was sent away to a religious camp for her sexuality by my evangelical parents, who lied and took money from me (I believe) to fund it. I am furious.

Couldn't the sister report her parents for sending her there and be removed from the house? It's very possible she could stay with her brother if she's removed due to abuse.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

Dear Prudence posted:

Couldn't the sister report her parents for sending her there and be removed from the house? It's very possible she could stay with her brother if she's removed due to abuse.

Parents have the right to send their kids to whatever camp and if they paid money and signed her in, they have no legal culpability for whatever happened while she was there.

All they have to do is tell the authorities that she is a ~difficult teen~ and they were trying to get help and well sorry we accidentally sent her to the gay gulag.

Contrary to what the TV tells you, DFCS rarely removes older kids (especially teens) from intact households unless there is stone cold evidence of physical or sexual abuse. Even if they do they're usually sent to live with a close family member.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

My [34 M] wife [35 F] wants to name our girl after my late sister. I think it's beautiful but feel ambivalent.

:stonk:

Looking at that dude's post history and seeing submitted posts to /r/incest_relationships is just loving perfect.

General[b/s] Still missing, still grieving my sister.

quote:

This year has been really strange for me when it comes to my sister. earlier this year I realized that this was going to be a life long struggle and that helped me A LOT when facing the pain, but that changed when my wife got pregnant.

It was such a strange feeling, the happiness of it but also the pain of knowing my sister wasn't going to be there to see the baby, and that she never had a child I could treat as my own.

As you can imagine, we had a sexual relationship. We were in high school when it started and lasted over 10 years on and off. It never really ended, there was no final talk in which we broke up, we just lived in different cities and our lives drifted but we remained close friends. She was epileptic since she was a teenager and as awful as it sounds, I think it made us closer.

So the point is, it' really frustrating to keep grieving and re-grieving a loved one. I thought I had found a way to deal with it but it turns out, I haven't. I really don't know what I want as this is a unique situation, but this is probably the only place where I can tell the full story. I think any advice is appreciated.

God drat what the gently caress.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I'm 15, I go to boarding school, and my IT computers teacher puts her boobs on my back/head when leaning over me

quote:

[QLD, Australia]

I do not know how to explain this properly yet my computer teacher has repeatedly and knowingly put her boobs on my back, shoulders, and even head when leaning over to check my work/help me with a program. We used to have a male computer teacher yet in June he left and was replaced with this female teacher, when it first happened I assumed it was an accident. I asked for help with one of the programs and she stood behind me, then leaned in, what I thought was pressing on my back was her shoulder or arm when she was leaning near me to check my work but when I saw one of her hands on the keyboard and the other on the mouse I sort of looked back and she was causally resting her boobs on my shoulder/neck area. I was like wtf and wondering if this was really happening, it was making me so uncomfortable. Hence I assumed it was an accident due to obviously having other female teachers who have never did that ever when checking my work/leaning over me whether I'm at a computer station, at a desk or etc.

However the computer teacher just kept doing it, when she did it again I moved away from her and she was like 'oh I guess you don't want my help' another time when I moved away she called me a pervert. I stopped asking for help in class yet she kept coming over and would lean near me resting her boobs on me regardless so I started to immediately turn around when she stands behind me then she would complain that I need to turn around then leans her boobs on me, or I close the screen down and look at her otherwise she uses anything as an excuse to lean over me, regardless if I want help or not- even if I physically move away from her boobs or angle myself away she just leans in more. I then got a detention for not allowing her to see my work/moving off my chair.

I told my principal about it and he thinks I'm lying, then when I told my parents my mother didn't care/didn't believe me either while my dad also doesn't believe me but thinks it's funny if it's true. It's like she enjoys flopping her boobs on me because sometimes she's half smiling/smirking while leaning on me for no reason.

I don't know what to do because it can be passed off as an "accident" but it happens far too often to be an accident. I don't want her putting her boobs on me even if it's a fantasy for others. It makes me uncomfortable. I'm not going to be chatting with her about it and literally she can just say 'nah' then it won't be thought about, she obviously won't admit to intentionally doing it, and I think she very well knows what she is doing it's like she enjoys it making me feel uncomfortable.

Posted for 16 hours and not one mention of ebehebephilia or whatever. That's gotta be a record for Reddit.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

La Brea Carpet posted:

I'm 15, I go to boarding school, and my IT computers teacher puts her boobs on my back/head when leaning over me

Posted for 16 hours and not one mention of ebehebephilia or whatever. That's gotta be a record for Reddit.

hahahahaha omg this comment:

quote:

OP, you now know the dark reality of being an anime protagonist.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

CoasterMaster posted:

lol if you don't play every game like this. If you can't win, it should be your goal to ruin the life of whoever is currently winning...

[also don't play games with people that get mad at board games....]

Kingmaking is bad form, unless explicitly baked into the rules of the game. Its not sporting.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Admiral Ray posted:

General[b/s] Still missing, still grieving my sister.

I can imagine a lot of things but I was still not prepared for where that sentence transitioned to.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Meme Emulator posted:

Kingmaking is bad form, unless explicitly baked into the rules of the game. Its not sporting.

What about kingruining?

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
The 'different ethnicity' comment suggests that she wasn't his blood sister, right? Right?? :(

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

The 'different ethnicity' comment suggests that she wasn't his blood sister, right? Right?? :(

Yes, that makes it better.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
any mollifying effect that might have had is completely negated by the fact that he married a woman who looks like her and his extremely disturbing musing about how he'd feel if their daughter ends up looking like his sister...

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Starting to think I [33/F] am just not relationship material and being single is the better path for me

quote:

I am finally coming to terms with the failure of my last long term relationship. It ended 8 months ago... on Valentine's Day, ironically. I have always thought V-Day was a stupid Holiday and never celebrated it. But now I will always remember it as the day I lost someone I really loved.

My ex kept insisting that he wanted to be friends with me after, which I have tried to do. But I've realized him saying that was just BS to make himself feel better about the situation. He was/is an excellent cook. And I really like to cook too. The other night I sent him a brief facebook message asking what he uses to season his eggroll filling. He answered the question, but in a really pissy, passive aggressive way. I decided then that I am pretty much done with him. I am still debating on just blocking him outright.

I finally changed my profile pic, too. That was a pretty big deal for me to do that. My old picture was one he took of me in Amsterdam when we were on vacation together.

But... on to some history and deeper issues... When I was little my dad told me regularly that I would never get married because no one would ever want me. He referred to my sister as the pretty one. He made comments about having to keep a shotgun ready for when she started dating, but that he would never have to worry about that with me.

When I was 13-14 my Mom started saying if I didn't straighten up and learn how to act I would never find a man who would keep me.

When I was 17 I dated a guy who my best friend set me up with for three months. Then I found out the whole time he had been dating me he was having sex with her. When I got upset about this, my parents mocked me and told me I had no right to be upset, I'm 17, I shouldn't have expected any fidelity. And my Mom even told me "You have an entirely wrong outlook on life if at 17 you expect some boy to not gently caress around."

My senior year in high school I met this older guy who was a total creeper and I was completely turned off by him. My parents basically forced me into a relationship with him on the grounds that no one else would ever want me. Plus his family owned their own business so I would always have a guaranteed job at their business (which was an automotive supply store... something I had zero interest in.)

So for 5 years (late teens and early twenties, what should have been the best years of my life) I was in a controlling, abusive relationship with this rear end in a top hat. Everything I did was wrong. Every problem he had was my fault. For example, he bought a $30k vehicle. Drove it around for 6 months, didn't make a single payment on it. It got repo'd and sold at auction for like $10k. He had to file bankruptcy because he couldn't pay the other $20k. Well, somehow that was all my fault. It was all my fault he bought a car he couldn't afford. It was my fault he didn't pay for it because apparently he expected me to make payments on it. It was my fault it got repo's. It was my fault he had to file bankruptcy. I actually tried to talk him out of buying the car. But I was told, "Shut the gently caress up, b*tch, you can't tell me what to do." But now suddenly it's all my fault because I "made him" buy it.

His ten year old water bed sprung a leak once, on a night when I wasn't even there. But he blamed that on me too, because supposedly I slept with bobby pins in my hair.

He also threw a VCR at me once and then screamed in my face for making him break his VCR. And one time he punched me in the chest. What did I do? Clobbered him right in the teeth. Then he ran crying to everyone who would listen about how I abused him.

His entire family hated me. They saw me as some b*tch who was making his life miserable.

That relationship ended, thank Gods! It ended when he met some girl online in Texas and dumped me for her. But then the funny thing is when I started liking someone else and he found out, he became a complete psycho, threatened violence, multiple times, would show up at my work and threaten me and call me names. He tried to literally rip my shirt off of me once in front of all my co workers. He was like, "You want to be a loving whre, well here, show off your boobs for everyone whre!" Two different police departments had to be involved in this to get him to stop stalking me. (I say this because I was a student at the time, and he followed me around on campus too, and the campus had their own police department.)

Anyway... single for two years. Two years of fun, relaxation, studying art, hanging out with friends, hooking up for fun, etc. Then I met the man I would later marry. He was in a band, and really hot, and super charming. Of course, they all are at first.

Well, my 8 year marriage was a disaster. Once I graduated from college he quit his job, quit the band, and pretty much became a bum. I worked multiple jobs to support us while he sat on his rear end watching porn, or went to the comic shop up the street and play Pokemon with 12 year olds. He spent a small fortune on Pokemon cards (with my credit card) and then wouldn't help me pay it off. Then he started screwing one of my friends.

For a while we had a Polly marriage. Which was fine I guess. But that was pretty much the end. We were both openly dating others and it was pretty much a long goodbye.

His family hated me, too. His mom openly told me on multiple occasions that I need to find a life coach. She told me I need to get my poo poo together, etc. All I could think was "Uh hello... I support your lazy rear end son who sits around fapping and playing card games with little kids all day.

Then.. single for a while again. Life was great. Then I met the last one. He wasn't as bad as the previous two. But his big thing was just constant btching. I watch documentaries, btch btch btch. Why? Because they're depressing. I watch funny youtube videos, btch btch btch. Why? Because I spent too much time watching them. I buy frozen food, btch btch btch. I buy fresh food, btch btch b*tch. You get the idea. He was never happy with anything.

He was obsessed with board games. He left me because according to him he had made all these new friends at board game meetups and they were always wanting to hang out with him, and he just didn't have time for me anymore. (This is a reason to end a four year relationship I guess...?) And the fact that he started another relationship so soon after me told me what really happened. Did he really think I was stupid enough to not figure out he met someone else at these meetups? He would never take me with him to them. It's pretty obvious why.

And believe me I have wondered if this has all been my fault. I have been accused of being an abuser. I have been told what bad life decisions I've made, etc. I also have a tendency to make men cry. It's not like I do it on purpose. All my life people have told me what a bad attitude I have. I am weird. I am ugly. And I am socially awkward.

But, I own my own business. I own my own home. I have a college education. My health is good. I have excellent credit. I have never been in trouble with the law. I made the Dean's list for 6 semesters. I've never had any substance abuse problems. Never had an STD. Never had an unwanted pregnancy. But I'm constantly reminded of what an awful person I am.

I should also mention that substance abuse has been an issue in 2 of my relationships to some degree. But it was all projection. My first serious boyfriend called me an alcoholic and a drug addict regularly. But in his eyes anyone who drinks ever is an alcoholic. And anyone who smokes weed for fun is a drug addict. He used to smoke weed all the time. But his whole thing was "Well, I do it to help me sleep and for stress management. You do it for fun, so you're a drug addict."

And my most recent ex drank all the time. He even bragged about how his job lets him drink on the job. And he was always telling drunk stories. He also couldn't get through the day without caffeine pills, mountain dew or monsters, and coffee. He was also on multiple prescription drugs for anxiety.

But if I go to a bar with some friends after work, well you guessed it, btch btch b*tch, not because I went out with friends, but because I drank. And to help me cope with my abusive childhood, and other things in my life, I have participated in multiple Ayahuasca ceremonies. Well, of course in his eyes that was terrible and I have a drug problem.

So... now once again I am loving being single. The other night some guy was trying to pick me up when I went out to Keraoke. He was like, "Well don't you want a man to make you happy?" I told him "Nope, I make me happy." His response to this was to pull my hair really hard. Really? I don't want to sleep with you so you're going to pull my hair...? I can't even understand people.

So, is it really unhealthy to have this attitude? I'm thinking I could be single for the rest of my life at this rate. Relationships have been nothing but heartache for me. Yes I have sexual needs. But screw that (no pun intended.) I have a dildo.

Sorry this post is so long. But what do you all think? Am I weird for just saying F-You to love?

tl;dr: After multiple relationships I am at the point where I just don't care anymore.
I started bolding stuff but realized I was bolding the entire post.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im glad you have identified that the problem is you and taken steps to fix that for everyone else.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

quote:

When I was 17 I dated a guy who my best friend set me up with for three months. Then I found out the whole time he had been dating me he has having sex with her. When I got upset about this, my parents mocked me and told me I had no right to be upset, I'm 17, I shouldn't have expected any fidelity. And my Mom even told me "You have an entirely wrong outlook on life if at 17 you expect some boy to not gently caress around."

Oh, hey, I found ArbC's mom!

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

WampaLord posted:

Well she's not wrong

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

WampaLord posted:

Ain't exclusive until there's been a convo about it imho, but yeah it was lovely for her friend to set the OP with their fuckbuddy.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Haifisch posted:

Starting to think I [33/F] am just not relationship material and being single is the better path for me

I started bolding stuff but realized I was bolding the entire post.

I think I speak for the whole thread when I call Bingo! What a post.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Well assuming the dudes not trolling since they're obviously fraternal twins a mixed race marriage could produce to very dissimilar looking twins.

In other news browsing his post history made me realize that r/incestrelations is a thing and of course posting about how to get into an incestuous relationship is of course allowed.

Sedisp fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Jul 31, 2017

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Avenging_Mikon posted:

What about kingruining?

If you are kingruining then youre just kingmaking second place

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Reddit had some prime advice for that :allbuttons: poster.

quote:

[–]IronMaidenLessons 17 points 8 months ago

quote:

In your life you may choose desolation

And the shadows you build with your hand

If you turn to the light

That is burning in the night

Then your journeyman's day has begun

- Journeyman

The power to step into the light rests in your hands alone.

[–]RunAwayZay [S] 10 points 8 months ago

Had to laugh about your username, because I have on an Iron Maiden shirt. I haven't worn this in years, just happened to pull it out of my closet today.

[–]IronMaidenLessons 5 points 8 months ago

Then you should know this words, maybe even better than i do :)

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
When I was younger, I would have rolled my eyes at the thought of anyone being a dating jinx / perpetually unlucky in their relationships. That someone, through no fault of their own, could land in failed, abusive relationship after failed, abusive relationship.

It turns out that karma isn't real and life just sucks for some people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Sedisp posted:

Well assuming the dudes not trolling since they're obviously fraternal twins a mixed race marriage could produce to very dissimilar looking twins.

In other news browsing his post history made me realize that r/incestrelations is a thing and of course posting about how to get into an incestuous relationship is of course allowed.

This is a very pivotal moment where we as a thread need to decide whether or not we want to open those floodgates.

I'm gonna go ahead put my vote in for nay, as amazing as I'm sure they are