Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
really looking forward to seeing how SHS is going to spin this :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/891998881009061888

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

https://twitter.com/mtsw/status/892091870855270400

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
The Mooch is loose?

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
I enjoyed the brief period of the Mooch, it felt appropriate for the Trump administration to have a stereotypical New York rear end in a top hat as comms director. For ten days.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com
Holy poo poo. About 6 hours in between "No chaos in the White House" and firing the guy he hired 10 days ago. That's probably still not a speed record for Trump breaking a promise, but it's gotta be pretty high on the scoreboard.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I love the flow here.

Scaramucci joins. Forces CoS Priebus out. New CoS forces Mooch out.

The only way this can come full circle is if Spicer comes back as comms director.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Democrazy posted:

The Mooch was there just long enough to be a hitman on Preibus and Spicer.

Is the damage he did reversible?

This is what T_D is already saying, "The Italian Hitman" is what they are saying.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I didn't think trump would ever top how hard he poo poo on chris christie, but here we are. Scaramucci pushes to fire Priebus and then Priebus' replacement immediately fired scaramucci. :lol:

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
https://twitter.com/LanaDelRaytheon/status/892096547382370304

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Enigma89 posted:

This is what T_D is already saying, "The Italian Hitman" is what they are saying.

but this begs the question why trump needed to bring in someone to fire people

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Kelly has had the job for a week, lets wait and see before claiming that he's actually competent. Firing Mooch was probably the easiest thing in the world to decide, guy was a court jester.

And there's a good chance that if Kelly does end up being competent that that competency will be what gets him fired because Trump can't stand it.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

*extremely loud Curb Your Enthusiasm theme plays*

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

My day just got a whole lot better.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Posting this article again as well in case it hasn't been linked on recent pages.

quote:

By Matt Taibbi
3 days ago

I already miss Anthony Scaramucci. Of course, he hasn't officially been fired yet (checks Twitter), or committed suicide by jumping into boiling steak fat at his Gotti-esque Hunt and Fish Club restaurant in Manhattan (checks Twitter again). But it sure seems like he's not long for this earth. Even by Trumpian standards, has any federal official had a more disastrous rollout?

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

Office Pig posted:

As funny as it is to see Scaramucci getting booted off the island, I don't think it's a good sign that John Kelly is positioning himself as top dog in the White House, especially to the extent that he can get Trump to fire his favorite hire almost immediately.

He probably told him that Mooch was getting more photos on the front page than Trump since he got the job, and that was all he needed to set off his ego.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

boner confessor posted:

but this begs the question why trump needed to bring in someone to fire people

Luckily, Trumpists are extremely practiced at ignoring obvious questions.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
that story about bringing in cats to eat the rats, then dogs to chase off the cats, then bears to eat the dogs, but as hiring and staffing policy

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Kelly has had the job for a week, lets wait and see before claiming that he's actually competent. Firing Mooch was probably the easiest thing in the world to decide, guy was a court jester.

And there's a good chance that if Kelly does end up being competent that that competency will be what gets him fired because Trump can't stand it.

It was easy to see that he had no business being in the white house at all, because he acts exactly like trump on as many levels as it's possible to do so.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

The cynic in me says that Mooch did the job he was paid for. He shook up the inner circle and drew all the attention while doing it.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

https://twitter.com/MatthewNussbaum/status/892097364181344257

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
the mooch is the John cazale of govt officials

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery
Let's face it, Trump gets more aggravated by competent subordinates than incompetent ones. The former constantly scuttle his terrible ideas while the latter are yes-men who tell him what he wants to hear.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

He just started this morning.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

And on the third day He rose again

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Bhaal posted:

I do feel bad for his loving kid. The mom seems alright so maybe he/she will have a good upbringing, indifferent father notwithstanding. Can you imagine growing up and reaching the age where you fully learn about all this? Especially in the information age where hardly anything is lost.

"Mom, thank you for divorcing Dad the second I was born"

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/RepAdamSchiff/status/892096027158863872

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
:lol:

So, since Mooch is literally the lowest and worst person on Earth, what are the odds, he immediately starts leaking every single thing he learned in his week and half in power, just to cling to the limelight for another couple of weeks

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Retro42 posted:

The cynic in me says that Mooch did the job he was paid for. He shook up the inner circle and drew all the attention while doing it.

why is this necessary when trump has all the power to fire people and apparently nothing better to do with his time

this was not a task necessary of delegation unless trump is a coward who is afraid of confrontation

Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

I GAVE LOWTAX COOKIE MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR STUPID AVATAR GO FUCK YOURSELF DUDE
Grimey Drawer
I'm learning to enjoy the Trump presidency.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!
AAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAAAAAA!
...inhales
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHA

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Retro42 posted:

Mooch literally sacrificed his personal life for this job. No way he did that knowing he was going to get fired so soon.

Also this administration is incapable of planning things.

B B
Dec 1, 2005

https://twitter.com/MatthewNussbaum/status/892097364181344257

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Does The Mooch's short tenure break some sort of record?

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

boner confessor posted:

why is this necessary when trump has all the power to fire people and apparently nothing better to do with his time

this was not a task necessary of delegation unless trump is a coward who is afraid of confrontation

There has been an absurd number of reports saying exactly that lately.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Retro42 posted:

Trump could have just fired Spicy-Penis and it would have been smarter. This isn't a smart national-politics focused play. This is probably all about internal White House politics and drama over anything else.

If Penis and Spicer told Trump "don't hire the mooch or else" I assume Trump would be emotionally forced into hiring him.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I hope this means that SHuckS is back to assistant press secretary or something. That drat voice/accent/"well i'm a mom" poo poo is terrible.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/892098410441957377

lololol

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
To be clear on this, by paraphrasing another goon: Kelly is the guy Trump thought Mattis would be. He has explicitly taken a stance as an advocate of forever war against Islam, up until recently was overseeing an increasingly hostile DHS, and knew how to get Trump's ear even before moving into the CoS vacancy.

It's not really a good thing that he's got a strong grip on the executive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
Fox News is showing a bunch of Scaramucci footage and at one point he's walking past a snowbank.

He's been on the job for 10 days in the middle of Summer. Serious question, where did he go where there was snow?

• Locked thread