Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I am so full of entertainment right now, I was bored earlier but right now I am enjoying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Is the swamp drained yet?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I am so full of entertainment right now, I was bored earlier but right now I am enjoying

Same. I'm reading a 600 page tome on king faisal of Iraq

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
I'm reading memes on the Mooch

I read a tome in high school once, it was called Truman and it sucked

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
It just occurred to me that if staffing gets bad enough Trump will probably make a reality competition show out of it

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
I have a work meeting in 20 minutes and I'm workshopping a funny, topical joke for it "hey guys, to call the Trump White House a clown show is an insult to all the hard work clowns put into their performances", it's gonna get quite a few laughs and I'll get my 15 minutes in the sun

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Mel Mudkiper posted:

It just occurred to me that if staffing gets bad enough Trump will probably make a reality competition show out of it

https://twitter.com/nypost/status/892095765933432832

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Silly Burrito posted:

Is the swamp drained yet?

The Bucket Brigade in charge of that is lined up in a circle.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Steve Bannon must have one hell of a hidden immunity idol.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/07/17/us/politics/trump-appointments.html

Trump doesn't give a poo poo about staffing. He's got a full cabinet but other than that, he just does not care. This isn't due to congress failing to approve nominees, either: he simply hasn't bothered to nominate anyone for over a hundred deputy and assistant secretary positions. A bunch of executive-branch departments are basically running without top management in place; for a while he was coasting on Obama-administration people who stayed on, but they've mostly all been fired or left on their own by now.

The filled-in circles are confirmed positions or holdover positions that are still filled; the red circles are positions where the senate hasn't confirmed the nominee yet; the rest there's just been no nominee yet.

LOL who needs a functioning state department, amirite? What do those nerds do anyway

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
This was posted on r/the_donald 7 hours ago and had over 5k upvotes lol:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Silly Burrito posted:

Steve Bannon must have one hell of a hidden immunity idol.

Yeah, I thought he got fired, and then suddenly he's awkwardly dancing around with Arab princes in the ME? Life comes at you fast.

Also, it's official, this country is run about as well, if not worse, than the Cleveland Browns. It's us. We're all the Factory of Sadness.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
holy poo poo even Rasmussen has Trump below 40% popularity

RASMUSSEN

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
https://twitter.com/BarstoolBigCat/status/892107606403297280

I love the fact that he actually read the DM.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Probably Magic posted:

Yeah, I thought he got fired, and then suddenly he's awkwardly dancing around with Arab princes in the ME? Life comes at you fast.

Also, it's official, this country is run about as well, if not worse, than the Cleveland Browns. It's us. We're all the Factory of Sadness.

The Trump fire jersey and the Browns QB jersey are about to be equal in length.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

quote:

Trump has touted the results from Rasmussen in the past, openly celebrating on Twitter in June after he hit 50 percent in the firm's daily survey. "Great news!" he tweeted alongside a graphic showing Rasmussen's results. A few days later he again tweeted, "The new Rasmussen Poll, one of the most accurate in the 2016 Election, just out with a Trump 50% Approval Rating.That's higher than O's #'s!" In the month and a half that followed, his approval rating has plummeted 11 percentage points in the Rasmussen survey.
lol

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

So when does mooch get boneitis?

I don't like this Futurama rerun

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Mooch is gonna spend all night in his rec room drinking whiskey and staring at a life size poster of Gordon Gekko.

Leperflesh posted:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/07/17/us/politics/trump-appointments.html

Trump doesn't give a poo poo about staffing. He's got a full cabinet but other than that, he just does not care. This isn't due to congress failing to approve nominees, either: he simply hasn't bothered to nominate anyone for over a hundred deputy and assistant secretary positions. A bunch of executive-branch departments are basically running without top management in place; for a while he was coasting on Obama-administration people who stayed on, but they've mostly all been fired or left on their own by now.

The filled-in circles are confirmed positions or holdover positions that are still filled; the red circles are positions where the senate hasn't confirmed the nominee yet; the rest there's just been no nominee yet.

LOL who needs a functioning state department, amirite? What do those nerds do anyway

From Trump's perspective this IS draining the swamp.

Why would he need a State Department full of diplomats whose advice he's going to ignore?

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
Yo mooch if u out there hmu let's make some sick rear end nastey rear end posts dude

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Whenever we, uh, get back on track, there will be some nice careers in the State department for the taking. Study your IR, friends.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

So anyways, since Bug Selig got inducted into the Hall of Fame (lol) I was thinking about how much everyone hated him

and how everyone hates Goodell

and how everyone hated Stern

etc. etc.

So it got me thinking, who were the best Commissioners in sports? It seems like they are universally toadies for the owners, but there has to be some good ones.

Adam Silver seems ok

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Gene Upshaw

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Wait he was the nflpa dude. Whatever, Raiders bitch

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
My 10 year old daughter just pranked me by leaving a piece of wet cardboard in the shape of a turd on the toilet.

I was about to blame the cat before she came in laughing uncontrollably.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

The ideal arrangement is a player-owned league where they hire a few stiffs to be neutral admins. No more owners. We're a long way away from that, though.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

People didn't hate stern nearly the way they hated bud selig, or hate Bettman or Goodell now.

Stern was always grudgingly respected.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Shangri-Law School posted:

The ideal arrangement is a player-owned league where they hire a few stiffs to be neutral admins. No more owners. We're a long way away from that, though.

Nationalize the whole league, put them under direct control of the municipalities they play in, every so often other cities can bid on the worst 2 teams. Give the Jets to New Jersey

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Silly Burrito posted:

My 10 year old daughter just pranked me by leaving a piece of wet cardboard in the shape of a turd on the toilet.

I was about to blame the cat before she came in laughing uncontrollably.

This made me want to have kids

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
Break up big patriots

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I remember growing up and thinking teams were owned by the cities that they play out of and I still kinda think that should be the way it works

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Scionix posted:

Break up big patriots

Yeah, the second part of my plan is to hang Belichick and Brady from the neck until dead.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Skwirl posted:

Nationalize the whole league, put them under direct control of the municipalities they play in, every so often other cities can bid on the worst 2 teams. Give the Jets to New Jersey

Chris Christie's Jets would certainly be interesting.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Ehud posted:

This made me want to have kids

Get ready for poop in all forms, real and/or fake.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, the second part of my plan is to hang Belichick and Brady from the neck until dead.

You got my vote

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Nah, give them to East Rutherford, or whatever large town is near East Rutherford.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

From Trump's perspective this IS draining the swamp.

Why would he need a State Department full of diplomats whose advice he's going to ignore?

Yeah that's probably what he'd say if you asked him, but the truth is some combination of being too lazy and dysfunctional to actually look for and find nominees, plus... actually most people don't want to work for Trump, especially just to get a low-paying job as Undersecretary for Political Affairs in the State Dept. or (especially) Deputy Secretary of the EPA. Qualified candidates need to actually be functional administrators with deep knowledge in their field, and those people tend to actually care a little about what their department is supposed to be accomplishing. They do not want to hitch their wagons to such an obviously failing president, work in such a toxic environment, and then probably just get thrown under the bus when poo poo falls apart as it is definitely going to do.

So yeah "draining the swamp," sure, but no nominee yet for Assistant Secretary for Acquisition in the Defense Department? If there's one thing Trump's been consistent about it's wanting to spend on the military. How about Assistant Secretary for Fossil Fuels in the Energy department? Trump wants to revitalize coal, but he hasn't staffed a position that would help him do that. How about Assistant Secretary for Immigration and Customs Enforcement in DHS? For gently caress's sake, he's trying to get Congress to build the wall, he's trying to kick out more immigrants, but he can't be assed to even nominate someone to run ICE?

Part of Trump's issue is that he and his insiders (steve bannon, jared kushner) insist on direct loyalty from everyone he nominates. He's not letting his cabinet members pick their own staffs: he literally doesn't trust them to do their jobs, he doesn't want anyone else having a staff loyal to them rather than him, and his litmus tests for every position no matter how irrelevant to their actual job eliminates almost everyone who might have been a viable candidate otherwise.

It's truly amazing.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Skwirl posted:

Nah, give them to East Rutherford, or whatever large town is near East Rutherford.

Or just give them to the Hackensack River and call it a day

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

weird Asian candy posted:

Worth checking out after the fact then? At least Lawler/Cerrone and Jones/Cormier? Thanks!

Definitely. Watch Manuwa-Oezdemir too. But seriously skip the Cyborg and Woodley fights. They were so bad.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I thought he was going for more of the Packers model - the locals with seat licenses are the shareholders or whatever their deal is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Real talk, a player-owned league would look very different from a government-owned league, which would probably be atrocious. Imagine the grift.

• Locked thread