Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Anyone heard of a mod for exporting your pawns from one save into another save? I want to have an "all-stars" playthrough with the best from my 20 year old colony, and also have new mods installed. My current save is such a hodge-podge of things that I am not even sure what I'm using anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

Flesh Forge posted:

They do have the "Dang I have a lovely bedroom" malus but it's outweighed by all the good poo poo of having access to a blinged out amenities room.
This isn't what I see.

These prisoners all have "extremely impressive prison cells" despite sleeping in unadorned 2x2 rooms, while they are present in the common area.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
That's because of that sleeping spot you have there, which tags the room as a prison room and is probably a tiny bug but at any rate it's working for you :shrug: I prefer to leave the common room as normal so I can store meals in it that colonists can take and use it as a nice amenities room for them too but there's nothing wrong with your approach (build a real bed though ffs)

PsychicToaster
Jan 12, 2010

Warmachine posted:

Anyone heard of a mod for exporting your pawns from one save into another save? I want to have an "all-stars" playthrough with the best from my 20 year old colony, and also have new mods installed. My current save is such a hodge-podge of things that I am not even sure what I'm using anymore.

Use the "Prepare Carefully" mod to recreate your all-stars on a new save is the only thing I can think of.

Heffer
May 1, 2003

Warmachine posted:

You could try save file cut and pasting:
https://www.reddit.com/r/RimWorld/comments/5q4s71/soive_imported_few_of_my_favorite_colonists_from/

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
So "fun" little thing I just discovered.

Packed food in caravan will always spoil at default rate, regardless of weather conditions or temperature the caravan is traveling in. You are not informed about this when you are packing food for caravan, because "time until the food spoils" that is shown when packing actually takes the season and temperature on the map in consideration. Which is kind of misleading.

No, I did not just lost my whole colony when my huge stockpile of packed food suddenly spoiled when traversing tundra in middle of winter, causing everyone to starve to death, why do you ask? :v:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
it's seriously just not worth traveling any real distance unless you're simply bringing pemmican. short range travel should be handled by raw food, preferably berries but who really gives a crap

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Caravans suck, drop ships rule.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Slung Blade posted:

Caravans suck, drop ships rule.

This, also do survival meals rot in caravans? I've never been arsed to research them since I generally dig underground and throw bricks at anyone who looks at my tile.

Skanky Burns
Jan 9, 2009
In my experience survival meals do not rot when caravaning.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

survival meals cannot rot at all so no

GodspeedSphere
Apr 25, 2008
Anyone have any mod suggestions for brighter lights? I'm not sure if this is common or not but it's just like 20% too dark.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

GodspeedSphere posted:

Anyone have any mod suggestions for brighter lights? I'm not sure if this is common or not but it's just like 20% too dark.
Build more of them? They're tuned such that you can't grow plants off them unless they're roses or daylillies. 1% more brightness on the basic light means you could grow crops without sunlamps.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

ShadowHawk posted:

Build more of them? They're tuned such that you can't grow plants off them unless they're roses or daylillies. 1% more brightness on the basic light means you could grow crops without sunlamps.

Wait, these plants grow under regular lights now?

:aaaaa:

My mountain home is going to be SO pretty...

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
As of last alpha plants need a special 'overlit' property that regular lights don't emit (or at least, not enough of), so even if you stack 5 of them your plants won't grow without sunlamps.

Heffer
May 1, 2003

There's a debug option that turns off dynamic lighting and makes everything full bright visually

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
You can grow flowers in under normal light. They're meant to be decorative so you can put them in plant pots in a regular room and not have to plug in a grow lamp next to it because that would be silly.

They probably grow a lot faster under a sun lamp, but why would you need them to? They are there to make the room look nicer.

GodspeedSphere
Apr 25, 2008

Heffer posted:

There's a debug option that turns off dynamic lighting and makes everything full bright visually

This is what I meant. Not trying to stack lamps in a grow room, the actual game is too dim for me, though everything else is bright.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

I started a new 3 person colony. My first two additions are depressive (Geradon and Stoier), and one is even neurotic (Geradon). They were both decent miners, which I needed to get my mountain base started, but I'm getting close to set up and managing their mood is becoming... tedious.

Geradon has regular mental breaks (even having regular beer and ambrosia with a decent room) - and isn't otherwise spectacular, so I'm thinking of getting rid of him... since I don't use the cult mod and nobody is a psychopath, the easy idea of, "kill and eat" is out, so...

What are your preferred methods of removing a now unwanted colonist with minimal impacts to the rest of the colony?

GodspeedSphere
Apr 25, 2008

I believe you can arrest and then release him.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

that simply releases them to rejoin their previous faction, which is your own.

the lowest impact thing to do is to stuff him into a cryptosleep casket. the next lowest impact thing to do is to force him to strip naked and then go try to punch the next raiding party. after he dies, bury him in a sarcophagus to give the rest of the colony a moodlet to counteract his death moodlet. it'll get everyone over the hump with minimal impact. it kinda makes you a bad person to do that though. if you can't build cryptosleep caskets, remember that you can sometimes find them in the ancient danger on your map, guarded by what's frequently nothing more than a couple of mechanoids that are easily lured out and killed by automated turrets supported by a battery. clean out the corpses or clods in the caskets and stuff your problem children in them. you can wake them up when it's time to leave the rock.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Or give them a rifle and a few days worth of survival meals and stuff them into a drop pod. Point at nearest enemy camp and let fly the scrub of war.

At least give them a fighting chance at a glorious death. If they survive, hell, that's enough reason to let them come home.

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

You have to follow the beat!
Has there been any nice additions to Rimworld? I haven't played in a while. I felt I reached the end when the game wouldn't let me properly raid other settlements without repeated crashes and issues.

Heffer
May 1, 2003

What happens if you stuff someone in a drop pod and never launch it?

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
I noticed something odd that I don't think I've ever seen happen before. 2 of my 3 crash landed colonists started off as lovers, and after a season or so a proposal was rejected. Pretty typical, however they never lost their 'lovers' bond. They still want to sleep in the same bed, they still get some lovin, but they both hate each other and have the 'opinion of my lover' debuff with a permanent -5 mood.

Sounds like my last relationship, actually.

Prophecy120 fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Jul 31, 2017

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Heffer posted:

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Pulowski_Preservation_shelter

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

Heffer posted:

I know their stats degrade while in there but I don't know if they can die in it.

It was a major issue for me when launching drop pod attacks because I would have the crew pack supplies and they took a whole day to load them. So by the time the drop pods landed on the enemy map the soldiers were all starved, tired and in foul moods. Nowhere near in shape to fight and breakdowns were common when the shooting started. Even more so during the aftermath when people were injured and had to scramble to gather loot while injured and surrounded by dead bodies.

I really wanted a base built around raiding other settlements but that's nowhere near the developers idea of how the game should be played. For me the game ends when all settlements on the world map are conquered.

Dejawesp fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jul 31, 2017

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Dejawesp posted:

Has there been any nice additions to Rimworld? I haven't played in a while. I felt I reached the end when the game wouldn't let me properly raid other settlements without repeated crashes and issues.

The base game has added a variety of missions that allied factions spawn for you to clear out little temporary bandit camps and things, and this mod is hilarious for exactly what you're talking about. It lets you use the Ship Building research which was formerly only used to get off planet and trigger the end game to build chemfuel-powered assault transports that can cross dozens of tiles in a few hours. Travel time is so low that you don't need to pack basically anything but meds and a lunch for each trooper, so loading the things doesn't take long at all, especially if you park the ship right next to your food freezer. You can also build multiple dropships and link them together to send them together in multiple ship fleets.

I actually have an away team of hyperweave-armored supertroops that I use on these things, it's awesome.

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

Mzbundifund posted:

The base game has added a variety of missions that allied factions spawn for you to clear out little temporary bandit camps and things, and this mod is hilarious for exactly what you're talking about. It lets you use the Ship Building research which was formerly only used to get off planet and trigger the end game to build chemfuel-powered assault transports that can cross dozens of tiles in a few hours. Travel time is so low that you don't need to pack basically anything but meds and a lunch for each trooper, so loading the things doesn't take long at all, especially if you park the ship right next to your food freezer. You can also build multiple dropships and link them together to send them together in multiple ship fleets.

I actually have an away team of hyperweave-armored supertroops that I use on these things, it's awesome.

How is the stability when raiding?

I had a base of some 100+ people on a huge map and it took me some ten game crashes to perform a single raid.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Dropship stability has been good for me since I stopped completely filling the fuel tank. I keep it at 1400-1450 or so now and no issues. I don't run nearly the same level of population you do though.

Also I always take a few dozen survival meals, fifty med kits, two hospital beds, and a selection of sleeping bags (from the tribal essentials pack). I like to fly in, clear the place out, bury the corpses and loot the map thoroughly before leaving. Usually means we're staying at least over night.

A couple of my power armored "ambassadors" usually get bruises or cracks in their bionic limbs when we drop in for a visit so I like having basic medical supplies and facilities on hand to tend to that while I strip the map of anything easily accessible.

Mining out all the visible component veins being priority #1. That usually nets me as much value as the reward for whatever mission we dispatched for in the first place.

Also hitting "claim" on the turrets once the pirates turn tail and start to run never gets old. Especially if they're still in range of it :getin:

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

Is there still a time limit before the raid map expires and your troops start marching home automatically?

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Yeah but it's like two and a half days or something. Lots of time to dump everything of value into the drop ship.

I think you can claim the map cell too, and settle it. Then it's permanent until you want to abandon.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Finally, my XCOM roleplay dreams become reality.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

HelloSailorSign posted:

I started a new 3 person colony. My first two additions are depressive (Geradon and Stoier), and one is even neurotic (Geradon). They were both decent miners, which I needed to get my mountain base started, but I'm getting close to set up and managing their mood is becoming... tedious.

Geradon has regular mental breaks (even having regular beer and ambrosia with a decent room) - and isn't otherwise spectacular, so I'm thinking of getting rid of him... since I don't use the cult mod and nobody is a psychopath, the easy idea of, "kill and eat" is out, so...

What are your preferred methods of removing a now unwanted colonist with minimal impacts to the rest of the colony?

Build a little shack on the edge of the map, arrest and imprison the unwanted colonist there, and then "accidentally" wedge the door open when you walk out. The arrested colonist will escape off the map, as your prison warden says "No, please, don't escape" in a monotone voice.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Slung Blade posted:

Dropship stability has been good for me since I stopped completely filling the fuel tank. I keep it at 1400-1450 or so now and no issues. I don't run nearly the same level of population you do though.

Also I always take a few dozen survival meals, fifty med kits, two hospital beds, and a selection of sleeping bags (from the tribal essentials pack). I like to fly in, clear the place out, bury the corpses and loot the map thoroughly before leaving. Usually means we're staying at least over night.

A couple of my power armored "ambassadors" usually get bruises or cracks in their bionic limbs when we drop in for a visit so I like having basic medical supplies and facilities on hand to tend to that while I strip the map of anything easily accessible.

Mining out all the visible component veins being priority #1. That usually nets me as much value as the reward for whatever mission we dispatched for in the first place.

Also hitting "claim" on the turrets once the pirates turn tail and start to run never gets old. Especially if they're still in range of it :getin:

More or less my strategy. I've given up on packing meds with my crew; my away team's medic is at Medical 20 and has an Auxillary AI for medicine. Combined with bionics everywhere else, I don't think I've seen her tend with less than 60% quality with no meds.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
Man it would be really neat if the inside of the dropship was a room you could build in, then you could just put all your beds in there and not have to worry about setting everything up.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Kanos posted:

Build a little shack on the edge of the map, arrest and imprison the unwanted colonist there, and then "accidentally" wedge the door open when you walk out. The arrested colonist will escape off the map, as your prison warden says "No, please, don't escape" in a monotone voice.

Oh nice, that sounds interesting.

But on an interesting bonus, Geradon had a mental break where he ran around cursing people out. He wound up being awake with 1 other person who was trying to make dusters for everyone to get through the cold snap and would meander outside the crafting room, then jog in, tell the crafter to gently caress off, and then head back out. I think that crafter has a -65 with him now.

I think the best relationship he has is a -20 at this point. Killing him might be okay now...

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

That's great. Psychology's mental breaks are awesome.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

What was that mod for 0.16 that would automatically place a blueprint for a wall, power conduit, etc. that was destroyed? I can't remember what it was called, and I'd really like to install it for 0.17 (if it even exists anymore, that is).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

MrChips posted:

What was that mod for 0.16 that would automatically place a blueprint for a wall, power conduit, etc. that was destroyed? I can't remember what it was called, and I'd really like to install it for 0.17 (if it even exists anymore, that is).

I Can Fix It: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=817231829