Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Silly Burrito posted:

My 10 year old daughter just pranked me by leaving a piece of wet cardboard in the shape of a turd on the toilet.

I was about to blame the cat before she came in laughing uncontrollably.

Powerful child jutsu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Shangri-Law School posted:

Real talk, a player-owned league would look very different from a government-owned league, which would probably be atrocious. Imagine the grift.

Are you implying the state of Illinois couldn't run the Chicago Bears cleanly????

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Are you implying the state of Illinois couldn't run the Chicago Bears cleanly????

I suddenly see a huge flaw in my plans.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

weird Asian candy posted:

Hurry up and grab them because they close shop for Q4

Late but this is good.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Olympics in LA means i can rent my closet in Oakland out to Europeans as "convenient travel time to Olympics."

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It means I have 11 years to make enough money to move out of the blast radius.

The_Hat
Sep 24, 2008

Wasn't there only two places bidding for the 2028 olympics; Paris and LA? I read somewhere that the IOC decided to award the 2028 and 2032 olympics to them, to put off the possible embarrassment of having no one put in a bid for the summer olympics in a few years.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
someone pointed out on twitter that the Mooch is following 160k accounts on there, how is that possible I feel like my browser would crash every time I clicked [new tweets]

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

The_Hat posted:

Wasn't there only two places bidding for the 2028 olympics; Paris and LA? I read somewhere that the IOC decided to award the 2028 and 2032 olympics to them, to put off the possible embarrassment of having no one put in a bid for the summer olympics in a few years.

they were both finalists for 2024, that means 2024's going to paris

it's embarrassing as is that 2022 is going to beijing

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

So anyways, since Bug Selig got inducted into the Hall of Fame (lol) I was thinking about how much everyone hated him

and how everyone hates Goodell

and how everyone hated Stern

etc. etc.

So it got me thinking, who were the best Commissioners in sports? It seems like they are universally toadies for the owners, but there has to be some good ones.

Adam Silver seems ok

Al Davis

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

FizFashizzle posted:

People didn't hate stern nearly the way they hated bud selig, or hate Bettman or Goodell now.

Stern was always grudgingly respected.

gently caress David Stern

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Silly Burrito posted:

My 10 year old daughter just pranked me by leaving a piece of wet cardboard in the shape of a turd on the toilet.

I was about to blame the cat before she came in laughing uncontrollably.

My father in law tried to prank me by leaving a fake poop in my daughter's potty one morning while we were visiting. Joke was on him because I didn't take more than a glance before dumping it in the toilet and flushing it. I was not the one to have to fish it out. :poop:

Edit: wait, do we not have a smiling turd emoji? Balls.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Volkerball posted:

Gene Upshaw

Wait he was the nflpa dude. Whatever, Raiders bitch

Gene Upshaw had retired players hating him as much as Pete Rozell or Tabliabue or Goodell. I mean you have to to work to do that if you're head of the NFLPA.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Its Rinaldo posted:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Its Rinaldo posted:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

So anyways, since Bug Selig got inducted into the Hall of Fame (lol) I was thinking about how much everyone hated him

and how everyone hates Goodell

and how everyone hated Stern

etc. etc.

So it got me thinking, who were the best Commissioners in sports? It seems like they are universally toadies for the owners, but there has to be some good ones.

Adam Silver seems ok

To add to this, does Dana White count?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

a neat cape posted:

As a lovely commissioner? Absolutely!

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Quiet Feet posted:

Edit: wait, do we not have a smiling turd emoji? Balls.
we do :nexus:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

Unrelated but it made me think about boxing. Boxing doesn't have a commissioner per se but they have a whole lot of officials of all of those alphabet belts they have. And every single one of those mother fuckers is corrupt as hell.

Along with everyone else even tangentially related to boxing other than maybe a few sucker fighters.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Oh poo poo :nexus:

I... would not have guessed that one.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

weird Asian candy posted:

As a lovely commissioner? Absolutely!

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

a neat cape posted:

He's a promoter not a commissioner but to answer your question. Sometimes/half the time.

Dana is kind of a weird dude because he got to where he is in a really weird way. He started out as a bad amateur boxer and started teaching classes to middle income and rich dudes who didn't want to get a concussion in a real boxing gym.

While volunteering with a youth organisation he got threatened by whitey bulger and hotfooted it to Vegas where he started managing some guys fighting in the ufc. He met the fertitas through his pt and introduced them to some fighters. Lo and behold a few months later the ufc is failing hard and the fertitas decide to waste some of daddy's money on it and they stuck him in as the guy to run it.

He's still at times the same brash dickhead he used to be but he seems to at least give a gently caress about the sport and most of the fighters which makes him better than 90% of commissioners out there.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Dana White is a vindictive piece of poo poo that hates almost all of his fighters and made them do stupid fightselling wrestling style arguments.

Unfortunately he's a genius, it worked, and without it the UFC would not be alive or anywhere near as popular as it is today.

He seems to have miscalculated badly the last few years by putting all of his resources around a few guys for "super fights" instead of building up more depth because all of his big names keep loving around and not fighting.

Dudes worth hundreds of millions and has a country compound house which is full of the sort of vehicles and toys you would have bought for yourself if you had ungodly amounts of money at the age of 12.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Skwirl posted:

Olympics in LA means i can rent my closet in Oakland out to Europeans as "convenient travel time to Olympics."

Bullet train!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Chichevache posted:

Bullet train!

It's hilarious you think there's going to be any infrastructure in ten years.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I can die now

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Panda's foot has been feeling itchy lately and the vet took a look and couldn't find any infection or anything so gave her some anti itch medicine and we borrowed one of my newphew's sock to keep her from chewing

She's not amused.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Its Rinaldo posted:

Panda's foot has been feeling itchy lately and the vet took a look and couldn't find any infection or anything so gave her some anti itch medicine and we borrowed one of my newphew's sock to keep her from chewing

She's not amused.

Good sock.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Good dog.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Panda looks pissed af

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Good morning boys, have a great day everyone!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

your not the boss of me

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

gently caress you dad, I'm gonna sit in my room all day and smoke weed while clinically depressed and there's nothing you or mom can do to stop me

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Its Rinaldo posted:

She's not amused.

My dog used to have the same problem. Turns out he was brushing against a bit of poison ivy when he was going every morning.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

My dog chews his feet because of allergies. Now he takes a pill and chews his feet less.

Also sometimes chewing and licking feet means they have an ear infection.

Dogs are the worst and I love them

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

The worst part is that I tried the sock but he was smart enough to undo the knot and take it off to keep licking.

That was an annoying summer

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Of course Trump was coordinating with Fox on the Seth Rich story.

http://www.npr.org/2017/08/01/540783715/lawsuit-alleges-fox-news-and-trump-supporter-created-fake-news-story

quote:

The Fox News Channel and a wealthy supporter of President Trump worked in concert under the watchful eye of the White House to concoct a story about the murder of a young Democratic National Committee aide, according to a lawsuit filed Tuesday.

The explosive claim is part of the lawsuit filed against Fox News by Rod Wheeler, a longtime paid commentator for the news network. The suit was obtained exclusively by NPR.

On April 20, a month before the story ran, Butowsky and Wheeler — the investor and the investigator — met at the White House with then Press Secretary Sean Spicer to brief him on what they were uncovering.

The first page of the lawsuit quotes a voicemail and text from Butowsky boasting that President Trump himself had reviewed drafts of the Fox News story just before it went to air and was published.

Spicer now tells NPR that he took the meeting as a favor to Butowsky, a reliable Republican voice. Spicer says he was unaware of any contact involving the president. Butowsky now tells NPR he was kidding about Trump's involvement.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
<blood trickles from one ear>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
A little from column a, a little from column b.

Ravens are going to sign him and this argument will come to an end.

• Locked thread