Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

iospace posted:

Runny yolks are disgusting.

:eyepop:
This is an unacceptable opinion! Fight me, Vexors at high noon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Rutibex posted:

:eyepop:
This is an unacceptable opinion! Fight me, Vexors at high noon

As someone who has to do dishes as part of her job (among other duties), runny yolks are probably the only thing you have the scrub the plates down for before sending them into the dishwasher. It's annoying.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

iospace posted:

Runny yolks are disgusting.

Disagree. Runny scrambled eggs are, though.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Rutibex posted:

this is a good breakfast. would be improved by sunny side up eggs though

i actually agree with this, but scrambled eggs are so goddamn easy that i can always do them right every single time no matter how tired i am in the morning

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

iospace posted:

As someone who has to do dishes as part of her job (among other duties), runny yolks are probably the only thing you have the scrub the plates down for before sending them into the dishwasher. It's annoying.

I sympathize. I used to wash dishes for retirement home breakfasts and the yolk was always caked on there. I didn't mind so much though, as they were close to death and deserved a runny egg if the wanted it

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
it took me a long time to appreciate a runny yolk but if you have good bread to toast they're eggsellent. I still prefer over easy though, runny but not totally liquid.

but scrambled eggs can also have stuff in them, which a plain egg cannot. onions, sausage, salami, a bit of hot pepper, cheese, anything lying around your fridge really.

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum

Reverand maynard posted:

I knew something was off page 1

New thread time... Rev I think you'd be the OP we deserve, and the one we need. Just sprinkle some Jack Gates on it.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Klyith posted:

it took me a long time to appreciate a runny yolk but if you have good bread to toast they're eggsellent. I still prefer over easy though, runny but not totally liquid.

but scrambled eggs can also have stuff in them, which a plain egg cannot. onions, sausage, salami, a bit of hot pepper, cheese, anything lying around your fridge really.

Eh, that's not over easy.

Egg cooking types, well, non scrambled:
Sunny Side Up: shouldn't have to explain this.
Over Easy: Eggs are flipped, creating a film over the yolk. It's completely runny and the whites are not wholly set.
Over Medium: Whites are cooked completely, yolk isn't completely runny.
Over Well: The black sheep. Yolk and whites are completely cooked through. Think a hardboiled egg egg, only fried.
Over Hard: Yolks broken and cooked all the way through.

There's a couple others, but those are the major ways. :chef:

iospace fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jul 31, 2017

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Klyith posted:

yeah scrambled eggs are great refrigerator velcro

but even without stuff in em they're decently good (as long as you don't gently caress em up)

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Medium boiled eggs are amazing and eggs over medium are superior. If you have never had either, get on it stat. Especially medium boiled eggs.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

dialhforhero posted:

Medium boiled eggs are amazing and eggs over medium are superior. If you have never had either, get on it stat. Especially medium boiled eggs.

i want to make these really bad even though they probably make your heart explode irl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkPPn5ycsnc

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

i want to make these really bad even though they probably make your heart explode irl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkPPn5ycsnc

Nah, they aren't healthy but they aren't that terrible

Wookybear
Dec 14, 2016

How does this work?
All scrambled eggs really need is a sprinkling of salt and black pepper. But I am not against adding a little extra as long as its not too overbearing.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Eggs over medium with sourdough toast is the correct way to eat eggs.

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.
Microwave marshmallows just long enough for them to get a little toasted, but not completely scorched

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Is this a cooking thread now?

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Also if you don't season your fried eggs with curry (prefer hot curry) and paprika (prefer hot paprika) you have been missing out. Finish with a pinch of salt :discourse:

Bonus: your house smells awesome.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

lucifirius posted:

Is this a cooking thread now?

Eve has always doubled as a cooking thread when the game gets boring (which is always).

Jbz
Jun 6, 2011

cooking up some chili tonight, forgot the beans at the store though

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Jbz posted:

cooking up some chili tonight, forgot the beans at the store though

Thats ok friend, beans do not make a chili. anyone that tells you otherwise is not a true chilier. Nice loose corn!

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Eve online: boiled ribs and runny eggs edition

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Rutibex posted:

Thats ok friend, beans do not make a chili. anyone that tells you otherwise is not a true chilier. Nice loose corn!

I have very strong opinions about chili, and they all include beans. Anything else is just meat soup.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Citadels seem really lame and it's a bummer how many gates there are now that used to require a perch or a safe but to get a safe warpin on that not people just sit tethered to 1000km.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

causticBeet posted:

Citadels seem really lame and it's a bummer how many gates there are now that used to require a perch or a safe but to get a safe warpin on that not people just sit tethered to 1000km.

citidals are great. i dont want to dock my super carrier at some pedestrian NPC station, jeez

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Like the structures themselves are neat and they're great in wormholes but maybe there were a few of the finer nuances of balance were missed when CCP went "hey what if we kinda just replaced POS with mini outposts"

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.
Don't season your eggs until they're almost done cooking; leave the salt, pepper, whatever, until last or else your eggs will start going grey. Ideally you'll cook whatever you want to mix your eggs with separately but obviously that's not always possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9r-CxnCXkg

Here have some next level egg strats

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Boiled eggs done in a pressure cooker are amazing. Hard boiled in 6 minutes and peel like ***magic***

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer
Everything should be destroyable and ships should not vanish when people log out. Or they should simply get over it and reset the whole thing.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

dogboy posted:

Everything should be destroyable and ships should not vanish when people log out. Or they should simply get over it and reset the whole thing.

No, this is not a good idea. Having a bit of asset safety and insurance payments in EVE lures the carebears players in. We need those players! Who else are we supposed to hunt for sport?

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer

Rutibex posted:

No, this is not a good idea. Having a bit of asset safety and insurance payments in EVE lures the carebears players in. We need those players! Who else are we supposed to hunt for sport?

Not that I am playing anymore but from the vibes I get noones hunting anything anymore at the moment except ISK with their swarms of capital ships.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

dogboy posted:

Not that I am playing anymore but from the vibes I get noones hunting anything anymore at the moment except ISK with their swarms of capital ships.

join Welp Squad, hunt capitals, die shiny and chrome on the fury road

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

Don't season your eggs until they're almost done cooking; leave the salt, pepper, whatever, until last or else your eggs will start going grey. Ideally you'll cook whatever you want to mix your eggs with separately but obviously that's not always possible.

What? Is this somehow different from making omelettes, because I've always put every kind of seasoning in with the egg goo long before it touches the inside of the pan. Never saw the eggs going grey. Just different shades of yellow.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Libluini posted:

What? Is this somehow different from making omelettes, because I've always put every kind of seasoning in with the egg goo long before it touches the inside of the pan. Never saw the eggs going grey. Just different shades of yellow.

yeah me too

for scrambles i put the salt in right before it goes into the pan and they don't get tough or discolored or anything, they are light and fluffy

i guess some people like drinkable scrambled eggs but not me

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

If you're adding spices directly to your scrambled egg/omelet mixture the spices are never going to cook. Cook your onions for five minutes, add spices, cook 30 seconds to a minute more. Spices need head to activate but they're never going to get hot enough sitting in the middle of all that egg liquid.

Spices need heat to activate. The best way to do that is cook them in oil. You can cook them directly in oil but then you'd have oily eggs. If you saute onions and then add spices to the onions you can then add the spices onions to the rest of the dish. Like if you want to make curry ketchup you cook onions, add spices, then take the spiced onions and blend with ketchup. You don't just dump curry spices into ketchup and then stir it all in.

Also you don't add salt to eggs before they're cooked because it pulls the moisture out.

All that being said its loving breakfast and usually I just want to eat some eggs quickly so I don't do all that but if its Saturday and I'm not in a rush I'll do it the right way.

PookBear fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Aug 1, 2017

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

Also, I can kill you with my brain.

Reverand maynard posted:

If you're adding spices directly to your scrambled egg/omelet mixture the spices are never going to cook. Cook your onions for five minutes, add spices, cook 30 seconds to a minute more. Spices need head to activate but they're never going to get hot enough sitting in the middle of all that egg liquid.

Spices need heat to activate. The best way to do that is cook them in oil. You can cook them directly in oil but then you'd have oily eggs. If you saute onions and then add spices to the onions you can then add the spices onions to the rest of the dish. Like if you want to make curry ketchup you cook onions, add spices, then take the spiced onions and blend with ketchup. You don't just dump curry spices into ketchup and then stir it all in.

Also you don't add salt to eggs before they're cooked because it pulls the moisture out.

All that being said its loving breakfast and usually I just want to eat some eggs quickly so I don't do all that but if its Saturday and I'm not in a rush I'll do it the right way.

Just like guys?

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb
so what's cool in spaceships atm

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

iospace posted:

New thread rule: If you call someone a J4G, you are also a J4G.

Unless you're not in GSF or never have been :smug:

that makes you a failed j4g :smugdog:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

that makes you a failed j4g :smugdog:

Rather be a failed J4G than a successful one :smuggo:

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

Also, I can kill you with my brain.

iospace posted:

Rather be a failed J4G than a successful one :smuggo:

The real question is how to do you like your ribs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

big parcheesi player posted:

The real question is how to do you like your ribs?

Slow cooked for a few hours, then thrown on the grill to finish them.

• Locked thread