Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Toaster Beef posted:

You wouldn't get rid of Pence, though, and suddenly you've got Competent Evil for 3.5 years

Dude accidentally started an AIDs epidemic because he thought that banning condoms would stop teenagers from having sex.

Define "competent."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

Hellblazer187 posted:

Who do Trumpists looking at this pick? My obvious picks are 2 and 4. But, assuming you like Trump, who's the other pick?

I'm guessing #5 and #7? Everyone else seems like a pretty common "liberals/celebrities destroying America" name.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

evilweasel posted:

lol

what i really want to know though is, there are not a lot of people who would have been in this room while donny personally dictated the lies

what high-ranking trump appointee, trusted to be in the room when the president is personally dictating lies to the press, is busy leaking the truth

Trump?

ascii genitals
Aug 19, 2000

I hope they repost this cover with updates.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Mustached Demon posted:

Oh gently caress yes Russia's back on foreground.

Yes.

A lot of people are saying Scaramucci was hired to distract the media from talking about Bill Browder's testimony to the Senate Judiciary Committee.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

Hellblazer187 posted:

Who do Trumpists looking at this pick? My obvious picks are 2 and 4. But, assuming you like Trump, who's the other pick?

Obviously Condi Rice because they are obviously not racist, who are you calling racist? So much for the tolerant left.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Ague Proof posted:

To defeat Kid Rock, you get someone to change their name to Robert James Ritchie (R) as a false flag Republican concern trolling about how Kid Rock will disgrace the Party with his vulgar ways and redneck hick base and that Respectable Respectables should vote for him instead. Then you raise "Ritchie's" profile.

Run Eminem against him. Have all of his campaign ads be 30 second music video diss tracks.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Hellblazer187 posted:

Sorry I didn't post with the answer key, the answer is Trump twice

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

Bhaal posted:

poo poo I just remembered there's a part in The Thick of It where a new cabinet member makes some goof and is worried she's going to get fired. Malcom Tucker reassures her that it won't happen because if the PM fires a cabinet member 2 weeks after he appointed her, it will look like his gently caress up, not hers.

Yeah, I've been rewatching The Thick of It lately in part to briefly visit a world where politics makes some kind of sense.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Blitz7x posted:

Sorry I didn't post with the answer key, the answer is Trump twice

He probably weighs twice as much as anyone else on there.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I don't know who 3, 6, 9, and maybe 8 are.

So 2. And 9 maybe cus I dig dude's hair. Unless he's some rear end of some sort.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Covok posted:

Dude accidentally started an AIDs epidemic because he thought that banning condoms would stop teenagers from having sex.

Define "competent."

I dunno, that sounds like pretty well done evil if you ask me

(He's an idiot and a black hole of charisma, but all he has to do is sit there and sign bills and not cause a new national incident every fuckoff day. The GOP could get a lot of terrible poo poo done with a steady hand in the Executive.)

Toaster Beef fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Aug 1, 2017

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

Fat Twitter Man posted:

The Economist is extremely biased but still a top notch news source. Good reporting doesn't have to be neutral.

Not to mention that the Economist owns up to its own bias at every opportunity. This, to me, makes it trustworthy. Some sort of quantitative rating of the concept of "trustworthy" seems sorta ridiculous to me. Yes, I know that graph is basically just a popular opinion graph.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hellblazer187 posted:

Melania? (8)

Capri Sunrise
May 16, 2008

Elephants are mammals of the family Elephantidae and the largest existing land animals. Three species are currently recognised: the African bush elephant, the African forest elephant, and the Asian elephant.

Lightning Lord posted:

Is this necessarily true? Dude is an unlikable dullard who Indiana was ready to run out on a rail.

Yes, meaning he wouldn't be impeached and would let the Repubs run 3.5 years of a legislative push without constant scandal. At this point Trump is almost an ally to the progressive cause in a weird way.

Joe-Bob
May 12, 2005

GO BIG RED
College Slice

Covok posted:

Define "competent."

While I doubt it was intentional, I wouldn't exactly call it an accident. Spreading AIDS isn't necessarily a bad thing in fundamentalist circles and Pence would probably support such a policy as long as it was politically viable. See right wing opposition to the HPV vaccine http://www.npr.org/2011/09/19/140543977/hpv-vaccine-the-science-behind-the-controversy

Overwined posted:

Not to mention that the Economist owns up to its own bias at every opportunity. This, to me, makes it trustworthy. Some sort of quantitative rating of the concept of "trustworthy" seems sorta ridiculous to me. Yes, I know that graph is basically just a popular opinion graph.

The graph is essentially name recognition combined with inoffensiveness. These factors can interplay of course, and I suspect that the reason the Post does a bit better than the Times is because fewer conservatives know that they would hate the Post (or maybe they're mistaking it for that one moonie tabloid)

Joe-Bob fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Aug 1, 2017

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

9 is Colin Kaepernick I think. So 2 and 9 for me.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

ReidRansom posted:

So 2. And 9 maybe cus I dig dude's hair. Unless he's some rear end of some sort.

He's a football player that dared to suggest maybe cops should stop murdering black people. So he's got a rep as a "troublemaker".

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

9 is Colin Kaepernick.

Edit: this is what I get for spell checking his name.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Wilhelm posted:

Yes, meaning he wouldn't be impeached and would let the Repubs run 3.5 years of a legislative push without constant scandal. At this point Trump is almost an ally to the progressive cause in a weird way.

Exactly. Pence would be exactly who the GOP needed him to be, and that's very much not what they're getting right now.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

ReidRansom posted:

Colin Kaepernick, NFL QB who quietly protested and people were MAD and him being so... so... well LOOK AT HIM! /s

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colin_Kaepernick#U.S._national_anthem_protest

Burning_Monk fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Aug 1, 2017

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

ReidRansom posted:

Kim Kardashian
Cash me ousside howboudat girl
Caitlyn Jenner
Colin Kaepernick (nfl player who quietly kneels during the national anthem as a protest and to raise awareness for BLM or cops shooting black kids aka Domestic Terrorist)

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

ReidRansom posted:

Nine is Colin Kaepernick, who got blacklisted from the NFL for not standing up for the national anthem.

Edit: beaten so hard I have CTE.

Bhaal
Jul 13, 2001
I ain't going down alone
Dr. Infant, MD
Yeah I'd grab colin immediately and then Barry'O on the way out if time permits

birds
Jun 28, 2008

Is 8 Melania or Caitlyn Jenner?

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

I only save 2. It's right there in the instructions, but also the right choice.

Edit: I would have a hard time picking between 9 and 4. Kaepernick would at least carry his own weight, but hilldawg would likely faint getting all parties involved burned alive.

Heck Yes! Loam! fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Aug 1, 2017

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Who is 6?

Wilhelm posted:

I dunno, I keep thinking that Pence would be a big distracting idiot, just in a Bible Camp way

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

birds posted:

Definitely Jenner.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It doesn't seem like a very likely situation if I'm being 100% honest

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/892170812651864065

No puppet, etc

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

The Glumslinger posted:

Oh yeah, thats the good stuff

Who knew mounting a defense of the highest office in the land against years of offenses rising to the levels of treason and impeachment could be so complicated.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/natashabertrand/status/892175906248290308

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

I don't know who 1 is, but, if they're over the age of consent and single, definitely on the list. Also, President Obama because he was a good president.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I very much look forward to tomorrows tweetstorm.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Cool I'll stick with 2 and 9 then.

birds posted:

Jenner I guess. But I think anyone could be forgiven for not knowing because a) who cares and b) all old people with bad plastic surgery end up looking the same

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
why is condoleeza rice on there

like she's not a nobody but she's been out of the public eye for years

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
Condoleezza and Kim. Brains and beauty.

Comedy answer there's just Trump and Bieber in the room so you can save them both.

Dead prostitute or a live boy. Same difference politically.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Man that Scaramucci bombshell on Monday afternoon. Now this. We barely get 24-48 hours before the next scandal breaks.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Lightning Lord posted:

I dunno, I keep thinking that Pence would be a big distracting idiot, just in a Bible Camp way

Pence makes normal GOP rear end in a top hat gently caress ups. Considering he'd be following the flaming horror circus of Trump he'd look very normal and would have any run of the mill "this could end a presidency" poo poo slide. He's also low key and not an attention craving attention golem like Trump, so he could actually go dark and hope things blow over if need be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Lightning Lord posted:

The problem is KIIIIIIIIID ROCK will campaign as a populist that stands for working class values and the opposite of Washington hijinks, but will most likely govern as an empty suit GOP rubberstamp.

Exactly this.

Like I said earlier, can something happen so we can stop talking about this motherfucker PLEASE

I do wonder how the party would react if one of these populists every tried to actually govern as a populist instead of turning heel immediately. It's unlikely to ever come up, but it's so outside their experience I wonder how they would process it.

• Locked thread