Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Very happy for Rich that he's only a few short months away from being able to pursue his passion for stair master advocacy full time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Not enough people talked about it, I guess. That's ridiculous.

What happens to ineligible kids, do they still get to go to class? At the least I hope he gets to keep working towards a degree.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

zimbomonkey posted:

The YouTube kicker from UCF was just ruled ineligible because the NCAA is a giant flaming pile of garbage. Let no man say these kids aren't owned

It's horseshit.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
dashawn hand was sleeping in his parked car and they gave him a DUI

lol

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Scionix posted:

dashawn hand was sleeping in his parked car and they gave him a DUI

lol

With the lights on and the car on. Be real, you know drat well how he got from the bars to wherever he parked and passed out.

That will get you DUI every single time and rightfully so.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Aug 1, 2017

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

Crotch Bat posted:

With the lights on and the car on. Be real, you know drat well how he got from the bars to wherever he parked and passed out.

or its eight million degrees outside and air conditioning is good

also he was in a parking garage

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Man you can't be drunk in a car in the driver's seat with the car loving on. That's a DUI every time

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Scionix posted:

or its eight million degrees outside and air conditioning is good

also he was in a parking garage

If you are drunk, in a car, and have the keys on you that is DUI in just about every state in the country (laws can differ in minute ways on this). It's not the end of the world, but it's a stupid move and "sleeping it off" is a dumb and lazy excuse as well.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Crotch Bat posted:

If you are drunk, in a car, and have the keys on you that is DUI in just about every state in the country (laws can differ in minute ways on this). It's not the end of the world, but it's a stupid move and "sleeping it off" is a dumb and lazy excuse as well.

If you're in the driver's seat I'm fine with it, but they charge peeps for like sleeping in the rear seat. That's like the loving responsible thing to do if you've had too much to drink while you're out and it's lame that they'd punish you for it.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Former UGA RB Keith Marshall blew out his knee again.

Poor dude has never caught a break.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Sounds like maybe he shouldn't have put his knees through football to me.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
My Big Ten podcast is on iTunes now. This is the last time I'll spam it because you can just subscribe if you care.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/big-dumb-ten/id1262774643?mt=2

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

That dude is like 23 and has the knees of a 95 year old woman. He's unironically going to be one of those guys who slides out of bed in the morning and shreds their knee.

e: finishing Last Chance U. That crew must have hated Buddy by the end of it because they dedicated the finale to making him look awful (as he really is).

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

RC and Moon Pie posted:

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Sounds like maybe he shouldn't have put his knees through football to me.

Crazy thing is that he came in as the huge get with Todd Gurley looking to be his backup.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
anyone named Marshall reminds me of the kick six game so I'm glad his knees are dead and I hope his mom spontaneously combusts

Also JESUS CHRIST I AM READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Raku posted:

JESUS CHRIST I AM READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL

I hear you there. Watched bowl games two weekends ago. Last Chance U season 2 last weekend. Rule 12 this weekend. I'm ready.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

LeeMajors posted:

If you're in the driver's seat I'm fine with it, but they charge peeps for like sleeping in the rear seat. That's like the loving responsible thing to do if you've had too much to drink while you're out and it's lame that they'd punish you for it.

Yeah, its so dumb. I think in Florida there has to be "two steps" between you and the keys. Meaning, the glove box or center console isn't two steps, its only one. You have to put the keys in the trunk or gas cap, because that requires you to get out of the car, and open a door to get the keys. Its dumb to over prosecute people who were obviously making the correct decision, but then your opponent paints you as weak on crime.

I also think its horseshit that some places have a no overnight parking, or a policy to tow between 4 and 6 am. There is a place nearby that has plenty of parking, but enforces a no overnight parking policy by having a "No parking between 4 and 6 am" sign. So instead of someone just leaving their car and Uber/taxi/friend home, they say "well, I dont want to get towed, so I will just drive home!". I know you don't want people stashing their cars there long term, but surely you can differentiate when a car is left there overnight vs. having been there for a week.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

swickles posted:

Yeah, its so dumb. I think in Florida there has to be "two steps" between you and the keys. Meaning, the glove box or center console isn't two steps, its only one. You have to put the keys in the trunk or gas cap, because that requires you to get out of the car, and open a door to get the keys. Its dumb to over prosecute people who were obviously making the correct decision, but then your opponent paints you as weak on crime.

I also think its horseshit that some places have a no overnight parking, or a policy to tow between 4 and 6 am. There is a place nearby that has plenty of parking, but enforces a no overnight parking policy by having a "No parking between 4 and 6 am" sign. So instead of someone just leaving their car and Uber/taxi/friend home, they say "well, I dont want to get towed, so I will just drive home!". I know you don't want people stashing their cars there long term, but surely you can differentiate when a car is left there overnight vs. having been there for a week.

I generally agree with this but wouldn't you as the prospective drunk-to-be look at the situation and go "I don't have an out when we're done tonight" first?

If some place tows for that poo poo why would you create the dilemma of "drunk drive vs towing fees" in the first place?

e: parking situations are retarded the world over but it's your responsibility. All of this DUI crap is just too easily preventable to get a pass.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Aug 1, 2017

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
When do the preseason Top 25s come out? I know the Coaches' Poll comes out this week.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

all-Rush mixtape posted:

When do the preseason Top 25s come out? I know the Coaches' Poll comes out this week.

Top 25 shark asses?

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

swickles posted:

I also think its horseshit that some places have a no overnight parking, or a policy to tow between 4 and 6 am. There is a place nearby that has plenty of parking, but enforces a no overnight parking policy by having a "No parking between 4 and 6 am" sign. So instead of someone just leaving their car and Uber/taxi/friend home, they say "well, I dont want to get towed, so I will just drive home!".

I was told that in Georgia it was made illegal in the 1990s for bars / restaurants to tow for overnight for this reason, but I can't find a cite in 10 seconds of googling.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/SInow/status/891458592368463877

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Man, Canadian endzones are huge

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

MourningView posted:

Very happy for Rich that he's only a few short months away from being able to pursue his passion for stair master advocacy full time

B.b..be.because Arizona is going to shock the world and win more than two games this season?????? And Stairmaster want him as their spokesman???

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/ry_bass/status/892119504884551680

the NCAA lol

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

This is why you couldn't cut it at Texas, Charlie.

https://twitter.com/jmccloud3423/status/892077676684607488

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

KKKLIP ART posted:

Crazy thing is that he came in as the huge get with Todd Gurley looking to be his backup.

I always had a suspicion that Keith was higher rated because he played his games in the middle of Raleigh, while Todd played in BFE. From Game 1, Keith was definitely fast, but Todd was obviously a more complete package.

Also, both were going to be Isaiah Crowell's backups in an alternate timeline.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

I realize I'm 10 pages late on this but goddammit without Joey Julius my #99 jersey is worthless :(

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Converted DE with stone feet is our starting LT RIP Francois

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

pillsburysoldier posted:

Leonard? Oh boy.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

pillsburysoldier posted:

He didn't die in the Louisville game so I'm p sure he's indestructible.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

http://thecomeback.com/ncaa/east-carolina-unveils-pirate-themed-scholarship-offer-letters.html
holy poo poo

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

That's pretty great. Nerdy as hell, but awesome.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/AntonioCMorales/status/892475392371564544

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

pillsburysoldier posted:

Oh my God he'll be dead by game 4.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

pillsburysoldier posted:

RIP national title hopes along with him. That's not a good look going into week 1 vs Bama and their cadre of pass rushing machines built to murder QBs.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
God drat it.

Oh, well. A New Year's Six bowl is still good, especially if we also beat the Gators.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

kayakyakr posted:

That's pretty great. Nerdy as hell, but awesome.

Nah that's rad as hell, I'd be stoked to get something like that

Some dillhole at CBS thinks Butch would leave Tennessee for the Ole Miss job on the basis that Butch recently signed Jimmy Sexton as his agent:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/fifteen-realistic-candidates-to-replace-hugh-freeze-at-ole-miss-in-2018/

He's got him at #3 behind Matt Luke & Les Miles

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Aug 1, 2017

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Good idea Ole Miss, just let the man keep digging!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly John
Jul 18, 2009
[img]https://forums.somethingawful.com/attachment.php?postid=514899866[/img]
I want an apology from Nutt for his coaching.

• Locked thread