Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Literally every $1 draw I've done on banners with one or two dupes has gotten me a dupe in the past 2 months. Wtf.

This A+ MP was ridiculous. I believe in Squall BSB2 now. Two of those on the team more than carried the DPS load. I brought Yuna and Selphia USB for Last Stand hijinks.

Advice for this battle, don't bother with wall or ko resist. Arise and curaise are actually useful. Even with Selphia USB, I brought memento of Prayer. Sap is a bitch and it helps to eliminate it from the equation as often as needed. 2 Yuna's, a Selphia and Edge (SSB) we're all we needed for life support.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

paperwind posted:

Yeah, I have exactly two relics for my II squad, granted they're among the more useful (Firion BSB and Gordon's ATK/MAG break) but I'm not brimming with confidence.

When's the next II banner again?

About two months from now, so well after the torment ends.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

ApplesandOranges posted:

About two months from now, so well after the torment ends.

Well, if this torment stonewalls me then I've got a fairly good idea of where some of my mythril is going to go...

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

ApplesandOranges posted:

They're part of the CM yes.

But it's FFII so... good luck with that.

I have...

*digs through relics*

...Maria's BSB, and nothing else for FF2 apparently. Depending on the boss's gimmicks maybe I can swing something like Cloud/Zack/Vaan/Maria/Minwu, or maybe get away with dropping Vaan for Firion or someone who can use multi-hit skills against its weakness for 9999 per hit.

The real question is what orbs will it drop, and could it have a chance at dropping a crystal instead of multiple Greater/Major orbs?

e: Oh, I have Gordon's shield and whatever SB was associated with it (Goddess Bell?).

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jul 31, 2017

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

My II synergy is actually half-decent but a lot of it is outdated stuff. Maria BSB, Minwu SSB (Instant Curaja Medica) & Unique (AoE WHT Non-Ele damage + 100% Stun), Gordon Unique (AoE ATK/MAG Breakdown), Leon Unique (ATK/DEF +30%), Guy's SSB (AoE Earth/Non + Imperil Earth), Josef's Noble Sacrifice (Kills Himself, ATK +50%) & Avalanche (AoE Ice/Non + 30% ATK).

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

paperwind posted:

Well, if this torment stonewalls me then I've got a fairly good idea of where some of my mythril is going to go...

Also its near the same time as the 30th anniversary sooo you maybe shouldn't. Most of the good II stuff will be on the NES banner for I-II-III anyway.

Unless you'e a big fan of Final Fantasy Fan-Favorite, Scott

Cinnamon Bear fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Jul 31, 2017

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Oh hey, 100 Gem into Edea BSB. Neat. :toot:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

pichupal posted:

Landed Rinoa SSB and Fujin SSB. Wanted anything Ice too, but it's not bad since they're both element+ armor.

My Ice team is currently Shantotto (technically Lightning) and Vivi (technically Fire).

I got the exact same pull, hi-five.

Honestly I'm pretty excited because now I have some decent +earth armor for Maria.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I'm waiting this out to see how much I really want it, but I'll probably give in when it gets closer to rotating out. I'd even be happy with Rinoa's SSB because it would actually let me combo into her OSB (assuming she had some way to build meter). But I'd really like some ice- its just a question of how much I value powering up Fujin vs pulling on the Ice element banner in the next fest. Fujin is the best ninja, and I don't care what Edge or Shadow have to say about it.

I'm focusing mainly on getting my team ready for the II torment. To do the CM, I'm probably going to wind up just having a completely non-synergistic physical team of Leon, Firion, and Leila. They can cover all weaknesses for the medal conditions at least (Hailstorm and the Fire Sharpshooter on Firion (also EnHoly SSB=> OSBs to focus down some of the troublesome gigas), Poison on Leila BSB/Poison Leaves, and Gaia Cross on Leon (who also has BSB)). Probably pair them up with Minfilia and Rosa for the JS.

My other idea is trying to do a Dark team and ignoring medal conditions just for the CM. I could bring Emperor (SSB) and Leon (BSB), with Leila self-buffing on mugs, and RW a Dark imperil.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

iamsosmrt posted:

Literally every $1 draw I've done on banners with one or two dupes has gotten me a dupe in the past 2 months. Wtf.

This A+ MP was ridiculous. I believe in Squall BSB2 now. Two of those on the team more than carried the DPS load. I brought Yuna and Selphia USB for Last Stand hijinks.

Advice for this battle, don't bother with wall or ko resist. Arise and curaise are actually useful. Even with Selphia USB, I brought memento of Prayer. Sap is a bitch and it helps to eliminate it from the equation as often as needed. 2 Yuna's, a Selphia and Edge (SSB) we're all we needed for life support.

I've spent $10 for total 3* trash I sold off and should probably stop doing dollar pulls

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
Two pulls, still no ice relics.

Is Fujin's SSB + OSB enough dps for the wind magicite dungeon with wrathbot support? Otherwise these pulls were a complete bust.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

KPC_Mammon posted:

Two pulls, still no ice relics.

Is Fujin's SSB + OSB enough dps for the wind magicite dungeon with wrathbot support? Otherwise these pulls were a complete bust.

That should be enough, yes. The Fujin SSB and BSB combo I ended up with, however... probably not. The BSB was from the last fest, too. Pulling tonight just got me Fujin's SSB and LMR.... not so helpful.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Schwartzcough posted:

That should be enough, yes. The Fujin SSB and BSB combo I ended up with, however... probably not. The BSB was from the last fest, too. Pulling tonight just got me Fujin's SSB and LMR.... not so helpful.

I've heard really good things about her LMR + BSB.

With the LMR+SSB you can BSB, SSB when empower runs out followed by another BSB during Jump Start. Without the LMR you'll either lose the empower or the burst for half that period.

Her CMD1 is x13.5 fast cast with empower. Ashe is only x15.78, no fast cast.

Alphinaud is 11.46 w/ self instant cast, which is better if you don't need the breakdowns. If you already have Alphinaud there is nothing wrong with bringing both, of course.

KPC_Mammon fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Jul 31, 2017

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

KPC_Mammon posted:

I've heard really good things about her LMR + BSB.

With the LMR+SSB you can BSB, SSB when empower runs out, and start up another BSB during Jump Start. Unless you are damage capped it'll be higher damage than most other bursts. Without the LMR you'll either lose the empower or the burst for half that period.

Her CMD1 is x13.5 fast cast with empower. Ashe is only x15.78, no fast cast.

Yeah, it'd be pretty strong in Jump Start, but I'm not really worried about Jump Start. I'm worried about magicite, and those fights aren't kind of enough to give you a pile of SB charges.

e: spelling.

Schwartzcough fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Jul 31, 2017

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Schwartzcough posted:

Yeah, it'd be pretty strong in Jump Start, but I'm not really worried about Jump Start. I'm worried about magicite, and those fights aren't kind of enough to give you a pill of SB charges.

It is hard to worry about jump start when Cloud USB exists.

LMR should be good after the ability revamp.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

I was hoping to get something more worthwhile on the current draw, but I just got Rinoa SSB and Fujin SSB x2 (dupe). If nothing else it makes for decent +earth armor and really good magic synergy gear. The intention was to get something vaguely worthwhile for the 180 CM...but instead I conjured up a motley crew and proceeded to heavily lean on the whips and trains of Quistis BSB + OSB. Largely ignoring the gimmick just feels kinda incongruous, y'know?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Schwartzcough posted:

Yeah, it'd be pretty strong in Jump Start, but I'm not really worried about Jump Start. I'm worried about magicite, and those fights aren't kind of enough to give you a pile of SB charges.

e: spelling.

Fujin has Wrath and her SBs are instant. She'll be fine.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

If you've been looking for a reason to be happy you pulled Yuna USB, Tonberry King A+ is it. Even with four people spamming last stand, my winning run still lost 2-3 people per SB cycle. If you don't need to worry as much about wall or proshellga, Song of Spira's suite is absolutely best in show.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
First MP victory we never broke his RES, so no Mastery oops. Second win was much tighter; although we had a pretty solid lineup (Yuna/Selphie/Relm as Last Stand healers, Zidane/Lion/Lightning for DPS, Ramza/Onion as supports), with everyone knowing what they were doing, he got very It's sharp! happy towards the end. Yuna was out of SB gauge and abilities, resorting to bonking him to build up meter.

One by one, people started to get 1-shot through Last Stand (bring KO resist, people!), until it was just my Yuna and their Lightning left. Yuna finally queued up Song of Spira, and he smashed an It's Sharp! in her face. Last Stand procced, and she then revived six people at once. Short work after that.

If there was a Play of the Game or commendations, Yuna would almost certainly have gotten it.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Question for those farming Geo 300; is the orb drop set when you choose the RW and enter the stage (before spending stamina) or after entering the actual fight? Not sure if I need to soft reset and cancel the battle or completely quit out to the stage menu.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
I was sorting through my accessories and it made me wonder: If an accessory offers resistance to poison does that mean the element or the status effect? Or both?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Geocities Homepage King posted:

I was sorting through my accessories and it made me wonder: If an accessory offers resistance to poison does that mean the element or the status effect? Or both?

The status effect, gear that offers elemental resistance will specifically say "poison element".

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Beasteh posted:

Question for those farming Geo 300; is the orb drop set when you choose the RW and enter the stage (before spending stamina) or after entering the actual fight? Not sure if I need to soft reset and cancel the battle or completely quit out to the stage menu.

It's set when you enter the actual battle. If you flee and en-enter, it re-sets the drop. That's how those programs ID your drops.

It took like 4 tries with PUGS to refine what was needed for the Tonberry A+. The winning run went smoothest when I geared my contributions to covering all the issues with sustaining everyone's life. Some insight:
1. I didn't realize at first that his Ultimate junk counter, sap inducing attack could overwrite your own regen. Despite using Selphie's USB (with High Regen attached), my team was still dying to his sharp! attacks, mostly because of my ignorance. If he counters, cast memento of protection ASAP.
2. Curaga's good here. If you revive someone (outside of Yuna's USB), Curaga won't top off their hp, but it will leave them safe from being targeted and give more than enough to survive the AOE attack.
3. Yuna's USB is indeed really good. He's absolutely killing someone in the first turn, so her USB is a pretty good choice.

My winning run was actually really smooth. I didn't even have to use my USBs nearly as often as I feared. People were barely dying and both my healers had a USB shot in the bank as we took him down.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

Apparently you can hit and run the d220 solo and he does nothing for like 3 turns so its possible to zerg him down before he becomes dangerous. I'm probably gonna try this later just to see if I can pull it off. You don't do this on d160 though since hit and run strategy costs stamina.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I was wondering which of the thief/sharpshooter/ninja skills are worth crafting and honing up? I've started using a few more dudes with access to those skills (plus with Shadow coming up I wanna get some ninja stuff done up) but I'm not quite sure which if any are decent, especially with ninja. Are any due for buffs?

Randabis posted:

Apparently you can hit and run the d220 solo and he does nothing for like 3 turns so its possible to zerg him down before he becomes dangerous. I'm probably gonna try this later just to see if I can pull it off. You don't do this on d160 though since hit and run strategy costs stamina.

How does that work exactly? Doesn't the bosses HP reset? or are you just doing it to gain meter?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Man, I know power creep is real and all, but ultimate fights just go down so fast now and with practically no risk to my party unless I'd just never buff or heal.

e: what's the guesstimate on when we'll start getting magicite dungeons?

alansmithee posted:

I was wondering which of the thief/sharpshooter/ninja skills are worth crafting and honing up? I've started using a few more dudes with access to those skills (plus with Shadow coming up I wanna get some ninja stuff done up) but I'm not quite sure which if any are decent, especially with ninja. Are any due for buffs?

How does that work exactly? Doesn't the bosses HP reset? or are you just doing it to gain meter?

Hit and run max out your SB gauges. Then you'd just go in with 2-3 SB bars on everyone and make him explode like in a jump start battle.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

Man, I know power creep is real and all, but ultimate fights just go down so fast now and with practically no risk to my party unless I'd just never buff or heal.

e: what's the guesstimate on when we'll start getting magicite dungeons?

Hit and run max out your SB gauges. Then you'd just go in with 2-3 SB bars on everyone and make him explode like in a jump start battle.

Assuming it falls strictly in line with the event progression in JP, it'll come after Shadow Lord's Awakening, so sometime around the end of this month, beginning of next.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
So much for saving for the ffvi event! I had enough for two pulls, and the second ffviii banner looked really nice. I have some decent mage gear in there, but no omph save quistis' bsb.

First pull was two of fujin's zans. Second pull got me her third zan, but also her bsb! So now I have fujin's jacket +++, which is useful as my second wind boosting armor.

So now I have 3 good ffviii sb' amongst a bunch of lovely ones. Eventually I'll be able to field a challenge mission team, but not today.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

Wish I could beat the drat d250 torment. Triple wind imperil shout/chant cloud usb rw with cloud bsb2 just can't pull out enough damage before I die. If I had a water element physical bsb this would be so easy though.

Edit: Got it with only one medal lost by switching to my holy shitwrecker team of agrias tg cid rosa tyro ramza rw cloud. Swordplay is awesome damage under shout/chant triple holy imperil and tg mode.

Randabis fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jul 31, 2017

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
Are multiplayer battles fragile as hell or is my connection crap? I've tried to do the 160 Tomberry like 5 times today and the fight crashed every time.

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

ceaselessfuture posted:

Are multiplayer battles fragile as hell or is my connection crap? I've tried to do the 160 Tomberry like 5 times today and the fight crashed every time.
It could be part of A, part of B...

Unfortunately, I'd blame the latter to my case: currently my ISP is actively wrecking its performance with a lot of intention...

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Final T300 MDO farming report:
243 orbs over 81 runs since last week. No refreshes and didn't stay too OCD with the stamina. Probably not going to farm any of the others, but I will say Cloud USB is amazing.

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

ceaselessfuture posted:

Lemme guess; you're on Android?

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
Is it just me or are JS battles kinda trivial to master now if you have a couple of OSBs? If you have 2 or 3 characters bringing OSBs plus a handful of buffs or debuffs, the bosses just don't have the HP to withstand 6-8 consecutive massive hits. Today I brought Gilgamesh and Squall, and after a Shout plus an activation of Cloud USB RW for each of them, and Edea just melted before either of them could use all three bars. But I guess if they just increased the JS boss HP, then it wouldn't be possible WITHOUT a stack of OSBs.

Either way, I'm not complaining. I love me some free 4 and 5* motes.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I know everyone wants Wisdom, but I managed to complete Ramza's sphere today and I'm happy.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Uncle Ulty posted:

Is it just me or are JS battles kinda trivial to master now if you have a couple of OSBs? If you have 2 or 3 characters bringing OSBs plus a handful of buffs or debuffs, the bosses just don't have the HP to withstand 6-8 consecutive massive hits. Today I brought Gilgamesh and Squall, and after a Shout plus an activation of Cloud USB RW for each of them, and Edea just melted before either of them could use all three bars. But I guess if they just increased the JS boss HP, then it wouldn't be possible WITHOUT a stack of OSBs.

Either way, I'm not complaining. I love me some free 4 and 5* motes.

Just to be clear what you're talking about has nothing to do with OSBs and everything to do specifically with Cloud USB and that its a problem that it breaks the game.

Also, Edea is markedly easier than previous JS fights.

But in general, Jump Starts are quite a bit easier than the Apoc+ versions

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

ceaselessfuture posted:

if youre on android, everything will work a lot better if you clear the cache on FFRK periodically

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

iamsosmrt posted:

Final T300 MDO farming report:
243 orbs over 81 runs since last week. No refreshes and didn't stay too OCD with the stamina. Probably not going to farm any of the others, but I will say Cloud USB is amazing.

Now we just need a Torment that drops black (and maybe fire) crystals.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."

rujasu posted:

Lemme guess; you're on Android?

Snazzy Frocks posted:

if youre on android, everything will work a lot better if you clear the cache on FFRK periodically

Am on Android and I will try this out right away!

E: same error every time. My connection remains constant so if it is me, I have no idea. Maybe I should just get an emulator?

ceaselessfuture fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Aug 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I want to use edge's SSB for the Tonberry fights but how do I build his gauge with no lifesiphon and wrath? His ability pool is not the best

• Locked thread