Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

OctaMurk posted:

We are rapidly falling into the Scandal Event Horizon and soon we will be dealing with a scandal a second and all of our brains will explode

The Orange Singularity, where scandal news will break with such rapidity and constancy that we won't be able to keep up with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
someone help, reality has turned into a fever dream

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Pakled posted:

I'm kinda sad The Mooch is gone. Insane stories of extreme incompetence make the news way lighter than awful stories of calculated evil by competent members of the Trump Administration, like the State Department thing.

I think you'll find that the Trump administration has more than enough insane incompetence to cover up their extreme malice.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

The Orange Singularity, where scandal news will break with such rapidity and constancy that we won't be able to keep up with it.

We're well over that line. Trump news has broken down into some kind of exotic scandal material with properties previously unknown to political science.

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Aug 1, 2017

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

46 gonna spend their first 18mo cleaning up the Cheeto dust.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Mustached Demon posted:

If this ruins my honeymoon there'll be hell to pay. HELL TO PAY!!!!

We already have the passports and poo poo and I have no clue how leaving/entering works via air.
You should be fine. I believe the bigger concern would be diplomatic passports which are an entirely different process.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

And now, a word from President Richard Nixon:

https://twitter.com/dick_nixon/status/892234834847858689

Thanks, Dick.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Mustached Demon posted:

If this ruins my honeymoon there'll be hell to pay. HELL TO PAY!!!!

We already have the passports and poo poo and I have no clue how leaving/entering works via air.

You should also know that certain countries have a deal with America, the Visa Waiver Program (FOR NOW) that you basically get a visa when you're approved to enter, and vice versa. It's why Americans and Canadians can cross the border without having to apply in advance. It's why you can fly to the EU, Japan or Australia without having to visit a consulate or embassy. So it shouldn't affect you, unless you're going to a non-VWP country. There might be some issues then, I dunno

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Lightning Lord posted:

You should also know that certain countries have a deal with America, the Visa Waiver Program (FOR NOW) that you basically get a visa when you're approved to enter, and vice versa. It's why Americans and Canadians can cross the border without having to apply in advance. It's why you can fly to the EU, Japan or Australia without having to visit a consulate or embassy. So it shouldn't affect you, unless you're going to a non-VWP country. There might be some issues then, I dunno

Australia requires an ETA for Americans. It's like $20 and only takes a few minutes online. But you do need it.

But either way, State Dept troubles wouldn't affect Americans traveling abroad or getting visas where needed. People intending to travel to the US may have some issues though...

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

My visa application is literally at this moment in the mail to the NVC so loving :rip: me and my fiancée!

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

2 weeks until NAFTA negotiations start. Seems so far away now.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

Furnaceface posted:

2 weeks until NAFTA negotiations start. Seems so far away now.

Don't worry, the negotiations themselves will be cut short when Trump gives away the west coast for a gold plaque with his name on it and whatever's inside the mystery box.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

ReidRansom posted:

Australia requires an ETA for Americans. It's like $20 and only takes a few minutes online. But you do need it.

But either way, State Dept troubles wouldn't affect Americans traveling abroad or getting visas where needed. People intending to travel to the US may have some issues though...

Yeah regular Americans have nothing to worry about. It hampers people trying to go to the US. One thing on the horizon maybe is Trump dismantling the waiver program or the EU retaliating on the ESTA with a similar system but there will be lots of news about it if it starts looking like it will happen.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
so uhh.. who is going to be negotiating the NAFTA agreement for the US?

I'm Canadian and I'm hoping that somehow we end up owning California as part of this new trade deal in exchange for all the sweet oil that is located in northern Alberta.

JailTrump
Jul 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Don't look know but the Venezuelan Secret Police just kidnapped two leading members of the opposition - including one that was just released a couple weeks ago.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000
Who cares about the Mooch, much bigger scandal is that Endorph got probed for that amazing fanfic.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

JailTrump posted:

Don't look know but the Venezuelan Secret Police just kidnapped two leading members of the opposition - including one that was just released a couple weeks ago.

Don't worry, we've got our finest man at the state dept on it!

poo poo, where'd the skeleton go?

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

That's exactly how I felt when I hit that broadcast and WHAM! TURTLECOCK!

I wanted to share that experience with all of you

I'm not making any of this up, it was the show about the guy doing the "Photo Ark" of endangered species

Later in the episode they showed an endangered lynx hunt and kill a rabbit and the rabbit screamed and screamed as the lynx killed it, it was incredibly graphic

You watch National Geographic, you see it all, you see everything

I think Trump broke your brain.

I'm worried now.

BlueBlazer fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Aug 1, 2017

Same Great Paste
Jan 14, 2006

Would the entire green card / citizenship process be affected as well? Or is that someone else?

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

So we're renegotiating NAFTA while Trump and Tillerson are both on vacation and Tillerson has rescinded the ability of anyone else at State to do anything

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

ReidRansom posted:

Australia was listed as a waiver country so I assume just an actual physical visit to a consulate/embassy is waived then?

Starsfan posted:

so uhh.. who is going to be negotiating the NAFTA agreement for the US?

I'm Canadian and I'm hoping that somehow we end up owning California as part of this new trade deal in exchange for all the sweet oil that is located in northern Alberta.

Robert Lighthizer and Wilbur Ross will probably do most of the heavy lifting. I assume Chrystia Freeland and Francois-Philippe Champagne are handling it for the Canadian side?

Same Great Paste posted:

Would the entire green card / citizenship process be affected as well? Or is that someone else?

That's USCIS, which is part of Homeland Security.

Lightning Lord fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Aug 1, 2017

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

FuturePastNow posted:

So we're renegotiating NAFTA while Trump and Tillerson are both on vacation and Tillerson has rescinded the ability of anyone else at State to do anything

This Is Fine

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Noctone posted:

This Is Fine

Um yeah I'm kind of ok with Cheeto and T Rex not being involved.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

FuturePastNow posted:

Remember when we had a state department, back before it was effectively disbanded by that guy who was awarded the Russian Medal of Friendship? Y'know, the one who was appointed by the President, who has been meeting with Russian agents in secret since before his unexpected election victory?

2017.txt

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Robot Hobo posted:

Remember when we had a state department, back before it was effectively disbanded by that guy who was awarded the Russian Medal of Friendship? Y'know, the one who was appointed by the President, who has been meeting with Russian agents in secret since before his unexpected election victory?

2017.txt
I'm actually having trouble remembering discrete, distinct events from the past six months. Everything has blurred into a fog of incompetence and grift.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Unponderable posted:

Stolen from a friend

goddammit

i like yours better

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

Remember a century ago when an upstanding legitimate businessman said a Black Legionnaire fellated himself

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Petr posted:

Who cares about the Mooch, much bigger scandal is that Endorph got probed for that amazing fanfic.

Endorph is a true hero

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The ballad of Scarramucci is basically exactly how I hoped Trump's presidency would go. Divorced, loses his company, loses a bunch of money, made a laughingstock, and fired in under two weeks.

It's like they used Voodoo to transfer his fate.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Maybe he meant South Carolina when he typed S.C

None of those apply to South Carolina even slightly, sadly.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

RZApublican posted:

Maybe he meant South Carolina when he typed S.C

None of those apply to South Carolina even slightly, sadly.

He means 'supreme court', he's literally just listing all the reasons why he am da bestest presadant because he is a child who needs constant validation

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

So I read the diplopundit article in closer detail and what I think is a potential risk for regular Joes is that if it isn't fixed somehow there might be a shortage of people who are allowed to accept passport applications, so getting a passport might take more time with a longer wait in the next 1-2 years. What I've been telling American friends since November is, go get your passport. If it's your first one it's a bit harder but once you've had one, renewing is easy. If things go to hell and you don't have a valid passport, your options are way more limited.

Citizenship and green cards is, like said, USCIS/DHS territory. Policy changes there are scarier than bureaucratic malfeasance or resource starvation.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

empty whippet box posted:

He means 'supreme court', he's literally just listing all the reasons why he am da bestest presadant because he is a child who needs constant validation

Oh I figured that, which just makes it weirder because just throwing it in there at the end makes it seem like Trump is bragging about the Supreme Court having high wages and secure borders.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/Allure_magazine/status/892098313721454592

Petr
Oct 3, 2000
What the gently caress is this? https://twitter.com/PressSec/status/892194925340753920

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
It's definitely not written by Trump.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Magic Hate Ball posted:

It's definitely not written by Trump.

Too many words are spelt correct for Trump to have wrote it. Dead give away.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000
It's from today, from the account @presssec, with the name Sean Spicer.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Hahaha, LA is so hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Oh gently caress why do they have to bring the Olympics over here

• Locked thread