Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

moths posted:

I still think an End Times Bretonnian revolution list would have been amazing.
Some sort of "Last Stand" of the Bretonnians would have been absolutely incredible.

Personally, I'm waiting for some brave soul to convert a Bret army to fit in the Flesheater list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Safety Factor posted:

Crosspostin' because the WHFB thread is dead and I guess this model fits here.

This owns so hard.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Percelus posted:

i almost want them to go way over the top and have like ethereal bretonnian power rangers featuring the green knight. they just ghost into the mortal realms during times of need and form their voltron lance charge

This owns. Instead, GW creative gave us bigmarines. I was actually going to paint the bretonnians I had colorfully, so I might do this anyway.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

berzerkmonkey posted:

Some sort of "Last Stand" of the Bretonnians would have been absolutely incredible.

Personally, I'm waiting for some brave soul to convert a Bret army to fit in the Flesheater list.

they already had this, it was called mousillon

heres an album of some cool undead brets

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

I can't speak to later editions, but at least in 5th and through 6th, if you actually read the army books there were a ton of hooks to go off and do your own thing and field a "counts as" list if you felt like it.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Cool army, but it's more VC themed. And, yeah, I know about Mousillon. I wanted to do something like this years ago - I had a bunch of the old Bret Knights from 5th edition and was going to cut the legs off the horses and add skeleton legs. I think I saw someone do it in an old WD. Also wanted to do an Araby themed Undead army with Flying Carpets instead of Carrion. Never got around to them though.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I think I've hammered out my final list for my Ironjawz. I'll be taking:

Heroes (4)

Orruk Megaboss
Orruk Warchanter
Orruk Weirdnob Shaman
Megaboss on Maw-Krusha (Command Trait: Ravager, Artefact: Meteoric Hammerblade)

Units:
Orruk Ardboys x 10
- 3 x Big Choppas
- 7 x Pair of Choppas
Drum & Banner

Orruk Ardboys x 10
- 3 x Big Choppas
- 7 x Pair of Choppas
Drum & Banner

Orruk Brutes x 10
- 2 Gore Choppas

Orruk Gore-Gruntas x 3

Orruk Gore-Gruntas x 3

Battalions:
Ironfist

The ironfist + the ravager trait will let my guys move a minimum of 7" per turn, instead of the normal 4". As this list is, it sits exactly at 2000 points. Should I maybe work in another Weirdnob? Any advice for someone who hasn't played this army before?

I need to get 1 more unit of Brutes, 1 more unit of Gore-Gruntas and the Megaboss on the Maw Krusha and i'm all set.

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

Zuul the Cat posted:

I think I've hammered out my final list for my Ironjawz. I'll be taking:

Heroes (4)

Orruk Megaboss
Orruk Warchanter
Orruk Weirdnob Shaman
Megaboss on Maw-Krusha (Command Trait: Ravager, Artefact: Meteoric Hammerblade)

Units:
Orruk Ardboys x 10
- 3 x Big Choppas
- 7 x Pair of Choppas
Drum & Banner

Orruk Ardboys x 10
- 3 x Big Choppas
- 7 x Pair of Choppas
Drum & Banner

Orruk Brutes x 10
- 2 Gore Choppas

Orruk Gore-Gruntas x 3

Orruk Gore-Gruntas x 3

Battalions:
Ironfist

The ironfist + the ravager trait will let my guys move a minimum of 7" per turn, instead of the normal 4". As this list is, it sits exactly at 2000 points. Should I maybe work in another Weirdnob? Any advice for someone who hasn't played this army before?

I need to get 1 more unit of Brutes, 1 more unit of Gore-Gruntas and the Megaboss on the Maw Krusha and i'm all set.

I'd recommend two units of 5 brutes, not one of 10. For two claws/smashas.

One shaman should be enough, it is often better to arcane shield a unit instead of casting foot too but it varies based on opponent. Foot fucks up stormcast and it is amazing.

I usually prefer either battlebrew or the Talisman of protection on monsters. Battlebrew makes them super killy and the talisman is a protection against mortal wounds which is a great thing

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Black_Nexus posted:

I'd recommend two units of 5 brutes, not one of 10. For two claws/smashas.

One shaman should be enough, it is often better to arcane shield a unit instead of casting foot too but it varies based on opponent. Foot fucks up stormcast and it is amazing.

I usually prefer either battlebrew or the Talisman of protection on monsters. Battlebrew makes them super killy and the talisman is a protection against mortal wounds which is a great thing

Ah yeah, I didn't think of that. But if I run them in 2 of 5, then whatever boss I choose at the leader of the ironfist will die faster, right? If I have them in on a unit of 10 then he'll survive longer?

Both of those sound better. I'll try out the Battlebrew for my first game.

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

Zuul the Cat posted:

Ah yeah, I didn't think of that. But if I run them in 2 of 5, then whatever boss I choose at the leader of the ironfist will die faster, right? If I have them in on a unit of 10 then he'll survive longer?

Both of those sound better. I'll try out the Battlebrew for my first game.

I mean he might die faster, but it usually doesn't happen until they are all in melee anyway.

Allies are gonna be so good for Ironjaws most likely. Getting access to some cheap bodies or some shooting

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

So I was totally turned off of Path of Glory because I didn't want to roll a D6 and add twenty models I don't own to my warband.

Then I looked at it closer in the shop yesterday, and you have the option of just choosing? This is weird.

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

moths posted:

So I was totally turned off of Path of Glory because I didn't want to roll a D6 and add twenty models I don't own to my warband.

Then I looked at it closer in the shop yesterday, and you have the option of just choosing? This is weird.

They changed it a lot when they re-did it

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Yeah it's just kind of weird that you can either pick or roll. And then there's some confusing stuff about picking one that's greater than one, but I was in a hurry and didn't really have time to understand.

That said, I'll probably pick it up next time I'm there.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Finished up my Megaboss. I'll take better photos tomorrow.

Anyone know where I can get some 28mm Jack-o-lanterns? Figured I'd go balls to the walls with the spooky theme.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
That base is awesome. Anvil Industries has some jack o lanterns.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

MasterSlowPoke posted:

That base is awesome. Anvil Industries has some jack o lanterns.

I think Secret Weapon does as well.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Yeah, purple is always good. While I do not like the age of slgmar, i can always appreciate a good orc or scrunt. And orcs are really just giant scrunts.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I just found some Reaper metal ones on eBay. Picked up 2 packs. Now to paint a few of those and add them to hero bases.

Obviously my entire Ironjawz army will have that purple base, but I think only the heroes will have zombie arms/gravestones/pumpkins. I don't want to over do it.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Has anyone here played Path to Glory? I was gonna run in and pick up the book today (depending on what the rules are for the campaign my shop is hosting) and wanted to know what the scale is.

Is it basically normal battles but with rewards?

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man
Cross-posting from painting thread.

Painted up the Blood Reavers from the Storm of Sigmar box. Probably going to do the Sigmarines next

Group Shot:

Close ups:

Zuul the Cat posted:

Has anyone here played Path to Glory? I was gonna run in and pick up the book today (depending on what the rules are for the campaign my shop is hosting) and wanted to know what the scale is.

Is it basically normal battles but with rewards?

If it's like the same named section in the General's Handbook, it's a campaign/warband system that lets you upgrade heroes or add units to your warband based on wins/losses. I think they added more warbands (a few were added to the world I guess since the book came out) and missions etc... in the full book.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
Those reavers are solid. I'm jealous of your skin work, very smooth.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
New Path to Glory North American campaign was just announced. The Rise of Gulgaz.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

richyp posted:

Cross-posting from painting thread.

Painted up the Blood Reavers from the Storm of Sigmar box. Probably going to do the Sigmarines next

Group Shot:

Close ups:

If it's like the same named section in the General's Handbook, it's a campaign/warband system that lets you upgrade heroes or add units to your warband based on wins/losses. I think they added more warbands (a few were added to the world I guess since the book came out) and missions etc... in the full book.

these are very nice but need more blood and skulls

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

these are very nice but need more blood and skulls

The Blood Murder Reaver Crusher Smasher Mauler Murderer Bloods tried to please their god but the skull throne was occupied (I guess the Blood God has a bad tummy :( )

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Question regarding unit sizes - sometimes when I play opponents they get extra attacks for having a unit of 20+ or 30+.

Is this army/unit specific, or something found in the grand alliance books?

Do I need to pick up the Grand Alliance: Destruction for my Ironjawz?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
forge your own narrative friend

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Zuul the Cat posted:

Question regarding unit sizes - sometimes when I play opponents they get extra attacks for having a unit of 20+ or 30+.

Don't think so. I think all of the that is in the Generals Handbook and Ironjawz book.

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

Zuul the Cat posted:

No, everything for the ironjaws are in the ironjaws book.

There are units, like skeletons that get extra attacks for 20+

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Zuul the Cat posted:

It's unit specific and in the unit's warscroll.

You do not need the Grand Alliance book.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man
Here's some overly colourful Stormcasts from the Pastel Realm.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

richyp posted:

Overly colorful actually makes them look good. Way better than the studio schemes. I'm glad you're painting again.

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

richyp posted:

Those look drat good, I love bright coloured stormcast

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man
Thanks Sigbros, while painting them I was getting an Iron Warriors vibe. Looking at them now I keep seeing Slaanesh for some reason (probably the pink highlights on the purple).

I've been looking at the store to make up a couple of warbands from the "Storm of Sigmar" box that these guys and the Khorne dudes come from but I've not got Path of Glory which I think has the larger roster of options. For anyone who has/read the book is it now possible to mix daemons and mortals into a warband? Can the warbands be made from Grand Alliance choices. Basically what I'm asking is can I throw the kitchen sink (from same grand alliance at least) into them so that I can paint different stuff, yet still have a legal warband if I ever get a chance to play a game (I wont).

Also does anyone know if the Slaughter Priest's head is a normal size, because I'm not a fan of the helmeted version and might do a head swap.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/08/13/the-generals-handbook-2017-out-soon/

GH2 on pre-order next week, along with Open War mission cards and a bunch of new box-sets for minor factions designed to be added as allies.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

SteelMentor posted:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/08/13/the-generals-handbook-2017-out-soon/

GH2 on pre-order next week, along with Open War mission cards and a bunch of new box-sets for minor factions designed to be added as allies.

Hope that Slaves to Darkness box is a decent price, I'm after some Knights to stick a load of spare Khorne bits on.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

how are warherds these days? that bloodfeast gorgers box looks tempting

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

Percelus posted:

how are warherds these days? that bloodfeast gorgers box looks tempting

One of the younger guys that plays here fields them, and he has wrecked my Seraphon and my Nurgle daemons a couple times(And I've wrecked him too).

They are freight trains of death, they do so much damage if they get to go first but they have little defensive ability.

They will really be helped by allies, with some durability

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It appears the new book is going to fuse them with the Brayherds Beastman faction. So they can both be taken without losing the beastmen allegiance ability.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Edit: I found it.

Also, just picked up a Megaboss on Maw-Krusha last night. My 2k list is:

Megaboss on Maw-Krusha
Megaboss
Weirdnob Shaman
Warchanter

10 x Ardboys
10 x Ardboys
10 x Brutes
3 x Gore Gruntas
3 x Gore Gruntas

Ironfist Battalion

Gets me to 2k exactly.

Zuul the Cat fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Aug 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man
Some more Blood guys cross-posted from painting thread.

richyp posted:

Unit of 5 Blood Warriors done. Need a break from red and gold, the base reds are about 3 coats for a smooth coverage and slipping up with the metals really fucks it up.

Might alliance in some Skaven or Nurgle stuff next.

Going to try and get a Grand Alliance Chaos Warband painted up.

• Locked thread