Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Yeah, that was mentioned in the finishing broadcast. Only a fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I mean no lose lug is going to give a car a 12 second lead run. The Gibbs cars are just loving fast atm.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

fuseshock posted:

The next race is the "I LOVE NEW YORK 355". Even race sponsors are going to poo poo.

It needs to be

-insert sponsor here- -insert number of laps/miles here- at the Glen.

From now and forever. The Glen loving owns btw .

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

It's no Heluva Good! Sour Cream Dips at The Glen that's for sure.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

It should be sponsored by some boot company and they should run the boot.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Lee Spencer on SXM today seems to think GMS is coming to Cup with Kasey Kahne.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

I just found this in my junk drawer.

That'd make a great avatar

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

fuseshock posted:

The next race is the "I LOVE NEW YORK 355". Even race sponsors are going to poo poo.

Is that better or worse than the HELLUVA GOOD! Dips at The Glen 300?

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Best was the Jeff Foxworthy Grit Chips races

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Sponge Bob Square Pants The Movie 300

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Sponge Bob Square Pants The Movie 300

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

that is undeniably the best trophy in the history of auto racing

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

ilmucche posted:

That'd make a great avatar

Nobody here but me would use that as an avatar. And I'm sticking with the one I have.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

financially racist posted:

that is undeniably the best trophy in the history of auto racing

Clearly you're forgetting the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 400.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Official 2018 participation changes:

• MENCS drivers with 5+ years of exp can only do 7 NXS and 5 Truck races
  • No MENCS drivers in any lower series playoff races
  • No MENCS drivers in Dash 4 Cash

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

The "gently caress off Kyle Busch" rule

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

njsykora posted:

Clearly you're forgetting the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 400.

I see you this, and I raise you the Tales of the Turtles 400 this September.

iospace posted:

Official 2018 participation changes:

• MENCS drivers with 5+ years of exp can only do 7 NXS and 5 Truck races
  • No MENCS drivers in any lower series playoff races
  • No MENCS drivers in Dash 4 Cash

The "less than five years=unlimited races" rule is pointless because the drivers who are covered by it for the most part are in top rides anyway (Larson, Elliott, Dillons, Jones, Suarez, etc)., but I'll take any little bit I can get.

Now if people would just shut up about "But...BUT...WHEN NXS DRIVERS BEAT CUP GUYS, THAT'S SAYIN' SOMETHIN!" because other than one or two of them, they don't win.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

FuzzySkinner posted:

It needs to be

-insert sponsor here- -insert number of laps/miles here- at the Glen.

From now and forever. The Glen loving owns btw .

the official title of the race is I ♥ NY 355 at the Glen, which is sponsored by the I ♥ NY state tourism board

have we had a race sponsored by the Emoji Movie yet

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Thank you for your Daytona 500 win.

Now leave.

https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/news/daytona-500-winner-kurt-busch-out-at-stewart-haas-racing-937466/

e- Wait,
https://twitter.com/StewartHaasRcng/status/892424884449685504

What the hell is going on here? :psyduck:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Aug 1, 2017

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

This silly season owns

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Norns posted:

This silly season owns

All three majors (F1, Indy, and NASCAR) are having some good ones. Though it seems F1's is going to be over before the season starts if Ferrari manage to resign Kimi and Seb (or be as boring as last year's).

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Norns posted:

This silly season owns

This is like when Smoke denied Danica was coming to SHR even though it was pretty apparent, only this has a media source confirming Kurt's gone and the response is "NUH-UH".

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Could it be a contract renegotiation then?

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

iospace posted:

Could it be a contract renegotiation then?

Yeah, thats what I think. There is a difference between not picking up a 1 year contract option and "hes out forever"... they may want him to sign a longer, cheaper deal. Or just a cheaper deal in general.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

didn't kurt lose his roush ride after winning the championship? I guess this is fitting lol.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

It's a terribly worded report, Kurt's contract was essentially up today and they're not renewing for the time being. Seems SHR wants him back but he's functionally a free agent until they get it sorted.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

N: http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2017/08/01/kyle-busch-calls-nascars-restrictions-on-cup-drivers-in-other-series-frustrating/

V: Peace out, bitch.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Hey Kyle?

Suck my balls, honey.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Yessssssss

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
I hope he shuts his Truck team down

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Dale Sr didn't shut his team down when he quit racing.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

VikingSkull posted:

Yeah so he can look like the massive bitch he is.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

:byewhore:

Why did he expand his truck team into up to four trucks if he's totally in it for himself as he makes it sounds, though? :iiam:

dentist toy box posted:

didn't kurt lose his roush ride after winning the championship? I guess this is fitting lol.

That was because he mouthed off to a cop and Jack Roush had had enough of him anyway.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Aug 1, 2017

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I love that Kyle's response to not being allowed to run an entire truck season is to threaten to organise dates among other drivers so there's always a cup driver there anyway for the sole reason of loving up the series.

quote:

“If we all get together this offseason and pick and choose our races around each other’s schedule, we can still screw it up as much as we want to screw it up and piss everybody off. I wouldn’t be so certain that might not happen.’’
I really enjoyed this bit as well. Why own a team if you can't drive the car? Why develop talent so your team and the sport has a future?

quote:

“I enjoy going out and running Truck races,’’ said Busch, who has won two of the four Truck races he’s run this season. “If I’m not allowed to do that, then why am I owning a team that I’m not allowed to race for? It just doesn’t make any sense. If I’m out there spending money for other drivers and whatnot to come up through the ranks, but yet I’m getting beat up and not allowed to drive in it, then it’s no fun for me. Then why am I spending money to evolve talent that is going to replace me one day?’’

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Kyle may be the most self-centered oval office this sport has ever seen.

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Dale Sr didn't shut his team down when he quit racing.

:drat:

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Oh I'm sorry Kyle, I can't hear you over your crybaby wailing.

Go race sprints or something.

E: actually on second thought don't, you poo poo up everything you race in, race by yourself in your backyard tia

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

VikingSkull posted:

Same because it will have zero effect.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

xfinity is so dead

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Cygni posted:

xfinity is so dead

I'm okay with that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
eagerly awaiting the days where Cup guys are banned, Cup teams still dominate, and the flavor of the week drivers make it to Cup for a season before getting demolished

• Locked thread