Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

OhsH posted:

Somebody has to keep this thread on track during the summer break, and god knows theres no racing to talk about in f1 anyways soooo...

Not true, Kubica with his gimp arm passed some test (I assume getting out of the car), probably mandatory to test the car.

https://twitter.com/f1talks/status/892100358616559616

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
I am glad this is posted now, hours later in response to "nothin goin on in f1" :buddy: :glomp:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

pik_d posted:

Not true, Kubica with his gimp arm passed some test (I assume getting out of the car), probably mandatory to test the car.

Meanwhile, Bourdais did a test at Mid-Ohio today after that Indy qually crash. Yay for people telling injuries to gently caress off.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

iospace posted:

Yay for people telling injuries to gently caress off.

The day Michael Schumacher "wakes up" is the day Frank takes his first step since 1986.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

pik_d posted:

Yeah but is his arm strong enough to take off the halo?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

gret posted:

Can we separate the kart chat into another thread?

Ya sure, god forbid we discuss racing in this racing thread lmbo

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Kart chat is the only time the thread seems civil and unified, in that we all are supportive but make bin jokes

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I like the red kart the best all the other ones can get hosed

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

OhsH posted:

Usd sub 1k, if you want i got a couple facebook groups for you to keep an eye on.

I have heard birels are bad for rotax tho.

Because competitivness or some other reason.

The biggest commercial karting place round here has run Rotax in their Birel hire karts for years (although they're just starting to replace them with SODIs).

It's these chassis, although this is a Tal-ko engined one.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Is that club 100 stuff any good if your only experience in a kart was a rental in Tenerifé. I did manage 2nd, but granted this was against a bunch of drunk polish lads so the bar probably wasn't very high. They did have some actual serious people running their own karts inbetween the drunk retard sessions who were pretty impressive tho.

Or should I just go book myself into MK Daytona

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Watched a NASCAR rerun last night because I couldn't sleep. What the hell is up with the different stages?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

LochNessMonster posted:

Watched a NASCAR rerun last night because I couldn't sleep. What the hell is up with the different stages?

They decided -millennials- were the reason no-one was watching races, so split them into 3 parts with some championship points going to the top 10 after stage 1 and 2 and full points after stage 3. However in Nascar championship points basically don't matter because just winning one race gets you into the playoffs so it's also conveniently a way to break up the race so the TV networks have a place to run more ads.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

track day bro! posted:

Is that club 100 stuff any good if your only experience in a kart was a rental in Tenerifé. I did manage 2nd, but granted this was against a bunch of drunk polish lads so the bar probably wasn't very high. They did have some actual serious people running their own karts inbetween the drunk retard sessions who were pretty impressive tho.

Thruxton is a good place to go, even though it's a bit out of the way. The karts are fairly nippy for rentals and if you run the full course layout you'll feel it the next day, lots of hard corners and elevation changes.

I'm not sure if the current Club 100 fleet is the same, but we used to use them in the British University Kart Championships and they were Birel N35s with high output TKM BT82 engines. They were great fun if it was dry, but because the organisers couldn't be bothered with the logistics of taking slicks and wets to every round, we had to run slicks even in wet conditions. I remember having my life flash before my eyes on a cold, wet practice session at Rye House after spinning, stalling and desperately trying to bump start the loving thing as a pack of other karts came hurtling towards the second hairpin.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
god dammit remove my tag and bring back Alonso, you fuccbois!

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

LochNessMonster posted:

NASCAR used to get all pissy whenever the racing got spread out so they would fabricate reasons to throw cautions and thus bunch cars back up for restarts. Stages are just a regular way to do this that they assumed fans wouldn't hate.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

track day bro! posted:

You would get utterly annihilated in Club 100. I win most arrive and drive races I enter but I'd be lower midfield there.

You should do a D-Sprint or D-40 at MK. Also we should get the goons together and join you again, we had a great race there a few years back.

Theophany posted:

I'm not sure if the current Club 100 fleet is the same, but we used to use them in the British University Kart Championships and they were Birel N35s with high output TKM BT82 engines. They were great fun if it was dry, but because the organisers couldn't be bothered with the logistics of taking slicks and wets to every round, we had to run slicks even in wet conditions. I remember having my life flash before my eyes on a cold, wet practice session at Rye House after spinning, stalling and desperately trying to bump start the loving thing as a pack of other karts came hurtling towards the second hairpin.

I invite you to look at the tyres in the picture. It was.... hairy.

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

That explains things. As a first time Nascar watcher I couldn't really make sense of it, but that might have also been the case because it was 2 am.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Dudley posted:

You would get utterly annihilated in Club 100. I win most arrive and drive races I enter but I'd be lower midfield there.

You should do a D-Sprint or D-40 at MK. Also we should get the goons together and join you again, we had a great race there a few years back.

I invite you to look at the tyres in the picture. It was.... hairy.

Dem rooster tails though.

Another fun memory was rocking up to Red Lodge and having the first of our heats delayed whilst some guy dressed up as a traffic cone swept standing water off the track in torrential rain. Needless to say, rural East Anglia does not provide wet tyres.

Goon kart meet?

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Dudley posted:

Because competitivness or some other reason.

Against other birels yeah sure, you start putting em up against other manufacturersddderjeewh and yeah, they just dont seem to stack up in the 2 stroke world.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I thought as much, club 100 seems like a cool thing to do but yeah it's probably way out of my skill level lol.

Rye House is actually nearer to me but the prices just seem kinda steep for what you get idk. MK Daytona prices seem a bit more reasonable. I'd be tempted to do some epic goon karting tho.

Please stop posting about karting because I already waste enough money on track days (bro) being slow.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Iospace how i can bring my old gp2 tag?

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Theophany posted:

Dem rooster tails though.

Another fun memory was rocking up to Red Lodge and having the first of our heats delayed whilst some guy dressed up as a traffic cone swept standing water off the track in torrential rain. Needless to say, rural East Anglia does not provide wet tyres.

Goon kart meet?

Yeah I know Red Lodge, I ran well there in 4-Strokes.

If anyone would have any interest in running something at Daytona MK, drop me a PM or something, we'll see if we have a group.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

DoctorGonzo posted:

Iospace how i can bring my old gp2 tag?

I dunno, you offered to suck Lance Stroll's cock, there's just some things you can't take back my friend.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Wirth1000 posted:

The day Michael Schumacher "wakes up" is the day Frank takes his first step since 1986.

:shittypop:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

1500quidporsche posted:

I dunno, you offered to suck Lance Stroll's cock, there's just some things you can't take back my friend.

IF he was leading the WDC for Scuderia Ferrari

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
A deal is a deal *unzips pants*

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also the only good kart talk it's 1997-98 Zanardi Ganassi-Target season.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
I remember we had a ganassi engineer under our tent on a practice day last year. Very brtish, and wouldnt answer any questions about what he actually did besides "tires".

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Hey, look, morning testing results.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/hungary-f1-test-vandoorne-edges-leclerc-on-opening-morning-937308/

No Kubica yet.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Dudley posted:

If anyone would have any interest in running something at Daytona MK, drop me a PM or something, we'll see if we have a group.

It'd be rude not to given that I'm a mile and a bit away from daytona. I skipped the last goon kart meet.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

OhsH posted:

I remember we had a ganassi engineer under our tent on a practice day last year. Very brtish, and wouldnt answer any questions about what he actually did besides "tires".

Not very British if he doesn't call them tyres

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Can you imagine getting penetrated by Kubica and then you get a glimpse of his arm and you just go completely dry/limp?

Oooh weee.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Tsaedje posted:

Not very British if he doesn't call them tyres

I had to translate for him

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
He was probably too busy eating his lunch of boiled horse meat to say anything.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Horse meat and dandelion water

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

You fuckers made me go look up local Kart clubs in WI. Luckily, my utter lack of money means I won't actually get tempted to do anything dumb.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Karting is probably the cheapest way to go real racing.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

I wonder what illness Massa has that won't let him test three days after he missed quali.

Also the McLaren broke down

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I'm no doctor BUT.... given his symptoms I'd say ear infection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

In my professional opinion, he old.

• Locked thread