Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tjones
May 13, 2005
Valk has come a long way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

canister

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
Hard where is the new game mode that was promised??

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Are there any "bad" Operators? I haven't seen anyone use Blitz well at all, personally, and I was wondering if there's any reason why he and Castle seem to be used very infrequently.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Shields aren't in a great place with some obnoxious bugs, and Blitz is just low tier. His ability is worse than a regular flash bang in range.

Castle is good and useful but only if you know what you're doing. A bad Castle gets the point easily Fuzed and blocks teammates from being able to return. A good Castle blocks off areas near the point, funneling attackers elsewhere, and maybe saves a wall for later in the match when breaches are all gone.

Tchanka is really low tier right now. I'm guessing him and Blitz are the least picked in pro leagues.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Azran posted:

Are there any "bad" Operators? I haven't seen anyone use Blitz well at all, personally, and I was wondering if there's any reason why he and Castle seem to be used very infrequently.

Tachanka. Tachanka is dogshit and if you take him you're either trolling the other team by showing they ain't poo poo or actively trying to sabotage your team.

Blitz, well: https://streamable.com/eqo2s

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Jul 31, 2017

Kartoffeldonner
Jan 30, 2016
How do Blitz: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmcvNI2X0f0

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Party Plane Jones posted:

Tachanka. Tachanka is dogshit and if you take him you're either trolling the other team by showing they ain't poo poo or actively trying to sabotage your team.

Shields don't actually follow the animation when you aim down sight so they become vulnerable to headshots instantly when they ADS. Like in your video!

I would say Blitz is actually pretty good but only if you know that fact and also the range of your flash ability and when to use it.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

I don't understand how you got away with so much. If I did what you did, I'd have been shot in the shoulder / feet and died instantly. That Pulse on the stairwell still on his camera as you shot him.

What rank was that?

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Q8ee posted:

I don't understand how you got away with so much. If I did what you did, I'd have been shot in the shoulder / feet and died instantly. That Pulse on the stairwell still on his camera as you shot him.

What rank was that?

Copper IV baby. 420 stomp pubs errday.

Actually Kart is unranked so he bumps us up a bit.

edit: actually I think most/all of the people in that vid are unranked. Also it helps when you flash people from 5 feet away and shoot them in the head immediately.

my kinda ape fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Jul 31, 2017

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Party Plane Jones posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vaa1cGHQw9A

Gold rank btw

Qubee
May 31, 2013

my kinda ape posted:

Copper IV baby. 420 stomp pubs errday.

Actually Kart is unranked so he bumps us up a bit.

edit: actually I think most/all of the people in that vid are unranked. Also it helps when you flash people from 5 feet away and shoot them in the head immediately.

What's your actual rank, you seem to play better than the others so I assume they're lower than you, aye?

drat, I really ought to queue with lower-ranked peeps. Would make the game fun again.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Q8ee posted:

What's your actual rank, you seem to play better than the others so I assume they're lower than you, aye?

drat, I really ought to queue with lower-ranked peeps. Would make the game fun again.

My actual rank is Copper IV! I'm definitely not better than most of the people on mumble.

Kartoffeldonner
Jan 30, 2016

Q8ee posted:

What rank was that?

I'll be the first to admit that a significant amount of luck was involved. That said, I have enough success with Blitz that I choose him pretty frequently. Blitz has a shield, but I think he requires a technique almost opposite Montagne. I prefer to be as aggressive as possible, pushing people before they get a chance to get in good spots or think about what they're going to do. Being too passive will lead to getting flanked, blown up, or just plinked in the arm. The flash has a pathetic range, so I try to avoid open spaces. This also applies to hipfiring, though I don't do as much of that as a lot of other people who play Blitz. Like ape said, I'm currently unranked. Most of the people in Mumble probably belong in various tiers of gold and platinum.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Q8ee posted:

What rank was that?

By the 4m round it was casual so mmr is less picky. Not all aces rounds are stellar performances, sometimes they just happen because you're at the right place at the right time and/or the opfor fucks up more than you do.

Either way, a Blitz ace is always cool in my book.

e:

Kartoffeldonner posted:

Most of the people in Mumble probably belong in various tiers of gold and platinum.

Belong is the right word to use for this season.

Hard fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Jul 31, 2017

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I did a casual match just now from beginning to end and did not get any renown afterwards?

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

I said come in! posted:

I did a casual match just now from beginning to end and did not get any renown afterwards?

Happens rarely for some reason.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

my kinda ape posted:

Happens rarely for some reason.

It's all good because I just pulled off a 3 kills in a single round to win the match for my team. I am terrible at this game so that was pretty awesome for me.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Have they said anything about improving the maps for operation health? University is such garbage. Just a box with all the windows bricked up.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

CJ posted:

Have they said anything about improving the maps for operation health?

Today we focused on improving Favela, we hope you'll like the changes.

-Favela has been removed

Orv
May 4, 2011
Just remove all exterior walls on Favela.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
@hard: if you really want to make some money just do a $100 elite skin for hibana that is just a literal cell shaded anime version of her

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

GSG9 is the most anime CTU since Ghost in the Shell is based on them.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
So uh I wasn't originally planning to play with goons since I supposed having 230-290ms (depending on the US server) would lead to complications but I don't feel like I'm particularly disadvantaged??? Like I do just as well as I do on the Brazil server, where I play with 100-120ms. Do you guys use Mumble or Discord more?

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Azran posted:

So uh I wasn't originally planning to play with goons since I supposed having 230-290ms (depending on the US server) would lead to complications but I don't feel like I'm particularly disadvantaged??? Like I do just as well as I do on the Brazil server, where I play with 100-120ms. Do you guys use Mumble or Discord more?

There are lots of people that use both so really it's just a preference as to what program you prefer.

Discord goons smell

Sterling_Archer
May 10, 2012

"What do you mean we're not in compliance?"

my kinda ape posted:

There are lots of people that use both so really it's just a preference as to what program you prefer.

Discord goons smell

Discord is better tech and new user friendly. People that refuse to upgrade from mumble are typically fairly spergy (see: Mechwarrior Online and Eve goons)

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Every time I look at mumble I wonder why anyone still uses it tbh. Discord is easy as hell to use.

I feel the same way about teamspeak.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
Teamspeak and mumble are on their way out to irrelevance. Like with IRC, only goons, desperately clinging to infrastructure from decades past, will still use it in a few years.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

yeah, generally the only reason you see anything else still active is because a handful of people are trying to hold onto their cyber certifications or some bullshit like that

discord is so loving perfect I finally permanently uninstalled ventrillo/teamspeak/mumble/irc after like literally 15 years of bouncing between all three depending on which game i was playing

they used to have lovely voice problems but all that has seemingly gone away and it's so easy to use you don't even have to install it you can literally just open it up in a fresh web browser tab.

in general i've been pretty amazed at how well it's come up. there are so many servers now you can find practically anything

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

I use neither and play without ever speaking to anyone because people rage really hard when you don't listen to their commands.

He's right there!! Shoot! He's right there!! OMG!! GO!!! BEHIDN YOU!!! NHGNGNGNGNGNNG!! RETARDDD!!! HHNNGNGNGN!

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
I too prefer style over substance, which is why I use discord over better programs that don't lack basic features and use higher quality voip.
When I look at computer programs I smh at the crude, usable interface. Get with the times grandpa, make it an app like on a phone. Speaking of phones, with discord I can keep up with the video games at work on my phone. I mean, I can't play any games on that phone but it's the thought that counts.

Discord is free so you can have two dozen different servers with the same but also different people to interact with. For any one game you can have 5 different places to check for people to play with.
Also pretty much everyone is on discord already except a few dumb babbies that won't just settle for less.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
Someone has a chip on their shoulder.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Hard posted:

Play with Goons!
quote:
PC: Separated mostly into 2 crews. Both are pretty chill], pick your poison. Theres active goons in both so pick the one you like and shut the gently caress up about the pros and cons it's not like you coded any of them you backseat programmer.

Discord: Click here for the Invite & then a neat quick link -> http://www.goonstack.win/discord/
Mumble: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3796734
group (lol) http://steamcommunity.com/groups/rainbowgoons
The game has been out for a while, people are playing other great games so hang out in the channels, be patient and it will fill eventually.
Goons are usually pretty chill when it comes to newblood so don't be shy. (you are adorable and your mistakes are hilarious)

Consoles: Post in the thread i guess Getting invited by someone will probably open to their friends' list.

e: also, i wonder wtf is IQ thinking when looking at the cake like that.

Hard fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Aug 1, 2017

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
They should release a lore comic about how IQ got the scars on her right eye like they do with the Overwatch champs.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

afkmacro posted:

I use neither and play without ever speaking to anyone because people rage really hard when you don't listen to their commands.

He's right there!! Shoot! He's right there!! OMG!! GO!!! BEHIDN YOU!!! NHGNGNGNGNGNNG!! RETARDDD!!! HHNNGNGNGN!

Discord goons are usually chill and just laugh if poo poo goes south.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Koramei posted:

Someone has a chip on their shoulder.

Any time anyone says something in favor of either platform on SA they are incredibly insufferable about it, it's so great.

In actual Rainbow Six things, did anyone have a rough time of hit reg last night around 10PM-1AM EST? We had some really spectacular things like shooting a guy standing stock still in the head four times and getting nothing.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Wooper posted:

I too prefer style over substance, which is why I use discord over better programs that don't lack basic features and use higher quality voip.
When I look at computer programs I smh at the crude, usable interface. Get with the times grandpa, make it an app like on a phone. Speaking of phones, with discord I can keep up with the video games at work on my phone. I mean, I can't play any games on that phone but it's the thought that counts.

Discord is free so you can have two dozen different servers with the same but also different people to interact with. For any one game you can have 5 different places to check for people to play with.
Also pretty much everyone is on discord already except a few dumb babbies that won't just settle for less.

Lol

For real though I can swap between my Rainbow Six chat, RPG chat, friends from university chat and favourite hentai artists' chat in one app. Can mumble do that? didn't think so.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

For real discord is way better than irc

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

Deltasquid posted:

favourite hentai artists' chat in one app

well you see mumble is clearly the superior platform because you can collapse the literal 500 subchannels you aren't actively jacking off to at the moment

anyway, here's some random poo poo that happened last night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9x0s_DmXwY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.

Azran posted:

Pretty even split but I will say this: there aren't many Euro goons on the discord from what I can tell.

Dunno if that helps with your decision.

Also HARD plays on Mumble so you can scream directly into his ear whenever you get interrogated. (that's actually his fetish.)

*EDIT*

JK Hard doesn't play his game, he just fucks it up and takes all the credit when others fix it.

<3 Hard

• Locked thread