Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

got excited for the new update fixing that loving battery problem until I read the whole patch note about "ok when you download the latest update also do these 6 steps like 10 loving times" suck my balls nintendo, christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

katkillad2 posted:

I bought Gungeon on PS4 and PC, got probably around 200 hours total in it. It's not for everyone, but if it's for you then it's 70+ hours of entertainment.
Apparently I have 556 hours lifetime in Isaac between Flash and Rebirth. I suspect i will enjoy it and if not I won't feel bad about giving the devs my money even if it doesn't pan out :shobon:

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

DLC Inc posted:

got excited for the new update fixing that loving battery problem until I read the whole patch note about "ok when you download the latest update also do these 6 steps like 10 loving times" suck my balls nintendo, christ

What?

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Apparently I have 556 hours lifetime in Isaac between Flash and Rebirth. I suspect i will enjoy it and if not I won't feel bad about giving the devs my money even if it doesn't pan out :shobon:

And the multiplayer is awesome!

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Seconded

Would love to know if battery is supposed to be improvable since mine used 40% on my flight from Brisbane to Sydney yesterday just playing Splatoon2 single player in flight mode.

e: Looked it up and copied below

quote:

The Battery Charge Indicator Displays Incorrectly
Applies to: Nintendo Switch
Description:
The console is never fully charged or the battery level indicator does not update while the console is charging.
You are able to continue using the console for a few hours even though the battery charge indicator is almost depleted.
While the console is on and connected directly to the AC adapter, the battery charging indicator is not displayed on the LCD screen.
Additional Information:
The Nintendo Switch console takes approximately 3 hours to fully charge when the console is powered off or in sleep mode. Charging time will be longer if the console is in use.
When fully charged, the battery duration for the console can last approximately 3 hours. This will vary depending on the software application and functions being used.
Important:
The battery charge display will not be fixed immediately after performing the steps below only once. It will be necessary to repeat this process several times.

Complete These Steps:
Ensure the console has the latest system update. The steps below apply to system menu version 3.0.1 or higher.
Set the Auto-Sleep mode to "Never" for "Playing on Console Screen" and for "Connected to TV."
Connect the AC adapter directly to the console until the battery is fully charged.
If the battery charge indicator does not reach 100%, simply allow the console to charge for approximately three hours.
The console can be in use while it is charging.
Once the battery is fully charged, leave the console alone for one hour with the AC adapter still connected to it.
Afterward, disconnect the AC adapter and allow the console to display the HOME Menu for approximately three to four hours.
The remaining battery life must be depleted as much as possible.
Once the battery charge is almost depleted, power off the console by holding down the POWER Button for three seconds, then select "Power Options" > "Turn Off." Leave the console alone for at least 30 minutes.
Repeat steps 2 - 6 several times.
The battery charge indicator will improve gradually by repeating this process several times.

Situation Not Resolved:
If the issue persists, please contact us for support by clicking here.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

That's not a Nintendo thing, that's what you have to do with any device who's battery is showing inaccurately. Charge to full, drain to nothing, charge again

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Al Borland Corp. posted:

That's not a Nintendo thing, that's what you have to do with any device who's battery is showing inaccurately. Charge to full, drain to nothing, charge again

I did that a few times with the Switch so I'm not sure what changed in the recent patch they put out

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Is mine craft on Switch decent? Does it have that upgraded assets stuff that recently came out? My kid's starting to ask about Minecraft.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Minecraft on Switch is the best portable way to play the game, I'm not sure what upgraded assets you're talking about but it will be included in the cross platform multiplayer update

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm pretty sure he's talking about the 4k settings. It's not possible for Switch to get those. But otherwise, it will be unified with the Win 10, Xbox One, and Mobile versions of Minecraft soon. It's even gonna have Realms access.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Not 4K necessarily. The new art assets. The better lighting and textures. Or are those bundled along with /and only for 4K?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Feenix posted:

Not 4K necessarily. The new art assets. The better lighting and textures. Or are those bundled along with /and only for 4K?

its gonna get all that, but do NOT let your child play minecraft. why? because it sucks

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Apparently the Switch version will be receiving the "Super Duper Graphics Pack"

Rendering lead Cameron Egbert: "It will be anywhere that you can play Minecraft in the new version. It will improve any screen on which you play"

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

.TakaM posted:

Rendering lead Cameron Egbert: "It will be anywhere that you can play Minecraft in the new version. It will improve any screen on which you play"

*except for Ps4, right?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

.TakaM posted:

Oh rad.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

When is the physical version of Minecraft coming out on Switch?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

ROCKETDEW STARLEAGUE WHEN

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Japanese eShop getting MHXX demo on the 10th with 3 hunts and local multiplayer support. For those of you that want to try it.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

gently caress yes. Hopefully there's some way that Capcom can detect how many western accounts install this to their Switch and they end up localizing it.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Seems neat, but missing motion controls. It's a minor thing I know, but I do like using them. If they can get the DualShock 4's gyro to play nice with it, it would be a worthy replacement.

I own one pair of joycons (with the system) and I bought one pro controller for playing on the TV. Personally I was thinking of this for multiplayer only - I don't use 4 controllers often enough to spend the price of another switch on them and buying a Joycon for players 3 and 4 is kind of lovely for a lot of games (and also a lot more expensive than just buying this little adapter)

I can't think of a case where 4 players on the same system really need Gyro

Zelder posted:

What?

And the multiplayer is awesome!

Gungeon has multiplayer?! I played a whole lot of it at PS4 release and didn't realize that.

THE AWESOME GHOST fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Aug 1, 2017

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I own one pair of joycons (with the system) and I bought one pro controller for playing on the TV. Personally I was thinking of this for multiplayer only - I don't use 4 controllers often enough to spend the price of another switch on them and buying a Joycon for players 3 and 4 is kind of lovely for a lot of games (and also a lot more expensive than just buying this little adapter)

I can't think of a case where 4 players on the same system really need Gyro

Gungeon has multiplayer?! I played a whole lot of it at PS4 release and didn't realize that.

Yeah, multi has a unique character with his own gun and past even. He's a generic cultist of the gun one of the normal PCs pressgangs into being their sidekick. Its pretty neat!

his past sends you back to the beginning of the run before you entered the Gungeon and has you play PVP vs each other.

Zore fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Aug 1, 2017

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Inzombiac posted:

ROCKETDEW STARLEAGUE WHEN

Rocketstar Golf: Dew™ League Story

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Good answer... I like it!

jokes posted:

Fire Emblem is 150% an anime game.

There's a lot of denialists, had to be clear on it.

chaleski posted:

Vroom In The Night Sky

Is that the game that plays similar to superman 64? because S64 was a good game

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/RE_Games/status/892278997534429184
Resident Evil Revelations 1+2 coming to the Switch late 2017.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
A Senran Kagura Asuka interaction/dating game is being shown off by Marvelous right now. 2017 Japan, 1000 yen.

Also Senran Kagura Peach Ball (Pinball)

25-30 minutes in to the video for switch stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_ycXAUdRMA

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Retro City Rampage DX is dropping on Switch this week.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Hah, and I just deleted my JP user account to get rid of all the loving moonrune spam in "News." It didn't do poo poo. Might as well just toss it back on there.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

enojy posted:

Hah, and I just deleted my JP user account to get rid of all the loving moonrune spam in "News." It didn't do poo poo. Might as well just toss it back on there.

Can you unfollow the Japanese news channels?

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

If you can read this you can read
http://stardewvalley.net/stardew-valley-multiplayer-news/

Stardew Multiplayer isn't expected until 2018, so I guess that means they're not waiting on that to be finished for the Switch release.

(when???)

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

SeANMcBAY posted:

gently caress yes. Hopefully there's some way that Capcom can detect how many western accounts install this to their Switch and they end up localizing it.

How do you access the japanese eShop from outside of Japan?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

raditts posted:

How do you access the japanese eShop from outside of Japan?

Create a Japanese account

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The Nintendo Switch will have a Sonic platformer before it has a Mario platformer.

Sega's long strategy has finally come to fruition

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

bandaid.friend posted:

Can you unfollow the Japanese news channels?

Yea, sort of. Removing the account prevents any future news from that country from downloading automatically, but it doesn't remove what already exists. For whatever reason, there doesn't seem to be any real chronological ordering of news articles when all have been read, so it just keeps shuffling old Japanese news entries to the top.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The Nintendo Switch will have a Sonic platformer before it has a Mario platformer.

*Miyamoto sheepishly wipes off his flop sweat.*

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Mario will be good though.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I believe in work. Hard work. I believe both Sonics will be good. I even believe Forces will be overall a better game than Mania. And because I believe in these things, I believe in Auburn, and love it.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Actually, as history has shown, Nintendo platforms that have a Sonic game before a Mario game end up amazing. See: GameCube.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I'd be curious to see what's the total percentage of Sonic Forces players name their create-a-character "DO NOT STEAL" in a fruitless attempt to retweeted by a youtuber.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Sonic Adventure 2 was released on the GameCube before Super Mario Sunshine

Edit: beaten

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Use Your Words WHEN?!

https://twitter.com/brentalfloss/status/892365759481085952

Use Your Words this Thursday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Did not use Neon Switch in their video. Will not buy.

• Locked thread