Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!

purple death ray posted:

If nobody has made a keurig style weed pod that can only be used in their special vaporizers yet they are working on it guaranteed

Dreddout posted:

Not weed but same concept

(Not gonna defend this, holy poo poo)

Already been done with weed, and actually by the same people who make the Juul that Dreddout posted above! The Pax (formerly named Ploom) company actually makes three devices. They make the Pax line of dry herb vaporizers that we've talked about in this thread before, they make the Juul vaporizer shown above (which uses proprietary pods full of nicotine e-juice), and they make a weed version of the Juul, which is called the Pax Era. The Pax Era uses those same proprietary pods, but instead of nicotine, they're full of the same oil that you would get in a pre-filled oil cartridge. When the pod runs out, you toss it and buy a new one.

I've often thought about how Pax has really worked out a perfect situation for themselves. They manufacture the device and the empty pods, but they don't handle the weed at all. They don't make the oil or fill the pods. Instead they've worked out deals with a bunch of already established oil cartridge companies who put their own oil in the Era pods and they sell them themselves. Most of my favorite oil cartridge companies are making Pax Era pods right now (though I don't own an Era). Pax is profiting from the legal weed industry without actually having anything to do with the weed itself, so they're safer from the federal government cracking down on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
What do you do when it's no longer supported or companies stop making it's cartridges? 🙄

hip check please
Jan 11, 2012

Mnemosyne posted:

Already been done with weed, and actually by the same people who make the Juul that Dreddout posted above! The Pax (formerly named Ploom) company actually makes three devices. They make the Pax line of dry herb vaporizers that we've talked about in this thread before, they make the Juul vaporizer shown above (which uses proprietary pods full of nicotine e-juice), and they make a weed version of the Juul, which is called the Pax Era. The Pax Era uses those same proprietary pods, but instead of nicotine, they're full of the same oil that you would get in a pre-filled oil cartridge. When the pod runs out, you toss it and buy a new one.

I've often thought about how Pax has really worked out a perfect situation for themselves. They manufacture the device and the empty pods, but they don't handle the weed at all. They don't make the oil or fill the pods. Instead they've worked out deals with a bunch of already established oil cartridge companies who put their own oil in the Era pods and they sell them themselves. Most of my favorite oil cartridge companies are making Pax Era pods right now (though I don't own an Era). Pax is profiting from the legal weed industry without actually having anything to do with the weed itself, so they're safer from the federal government cracking down on them.
Wow! PAX are really disrupting the cannabis vaporiser industry. :barf:

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

We Know Catheters posted:

What do you do when it's no longer supported or companies stop making it's cartridges? 🙄

the same thing people with hd-dvd players or betamax VCRs did

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Switch back to regular cartridges that work on almost any regular vape battery.

One thing I should have gotten in Denver but didn't was actual weed vape juice. They sell little syringes you can just dump into a bottle of regular vape juice and keep the flavor, which is pretty cool.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Also the Juul is kind of niche as far as ecigs/vapes go. It's very low-powered so it puts out a tiny bit of smoke, but it's super-high nicotine. It's really made for people trying to quit regular cigs while being as discrete as possible. I don't think I could handle one, it'd probably make me super dizzy.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Nothing is better than a fat bong rip in the morning.

I know this is a peaceful space for us moon hippies but I will fight over this. Fight.

e: namaste

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Literally A Person posted:

I know this is a peaceful space for us moon hippies but I will fight over this. Fight.

Shower joint maybe

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

RFC2324 posted:

Shower joint maybe

poo poo, here I am forgetting stuff again.

I wonder why?

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Kelp Me! posted:

Also the Juul is kind of niche as far as ecigs/vapes go. It's very low-powered so it puts out a tiny bit of smoke, but it's super-high nicotine. It's really made for people trying to quit regular cigs while being as discrete as possible. I don't think I could handle one, it'd probably make me super dizzy.

Seems like they should make it look like a regular cigarette, rather than an IJoint, if that's the case.

But who am I to argue with the pax people?

A fat bong rip before going to bed :smug:

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!

That's basically why I don't own one. I can't see them taking over in place of cartridges, and it was like $60 for the Era itself, where I can get a replacement battery for my cartridges for like $5 (and I've gotten several for free).

The Era is on sale for $20 now though, and it's been kinda tempting at that lower price, but still not enough to make me buy one. I was considering that it's probably more discreet for traveling with, since it looks like a USB drive or MP3 player or something. But I don't really plan on leaving the state any time in the next year or two if I can help it.

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax

two fat bong rips in the morning

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

JewKiller 3000 posted:

:2bong:

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

JewKiller 3000 posted:

2 in the morn before work. multiple depending on how much work i carry on my back when i get home.

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high

purple death ray posted:

You goons have given me a lot to think about but I do think it's funny that like five or six people have responded with "just get a {product}, it's super easy" where {product} is different every single time

Agreed, I think sunken cost fallacy is at play heavily when it comes to vaping. I got a G-pen off of Aliexpress (it's legit or a 3rd run from what I gather) for $18 bucks and I hate it just the same as any $300 vocapax-magic-boxmod-deally I've tried.

I took a rip of my buddy's new bong while lounging on his couch the other day. I don't know if it was my posture or just an especially hard rip but I coughed like a banshee and immediately felt it in my groin. I'm done with bongs for life, I'll leave it to the young bucks (I'm 27 :()

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Gay Weed Dad posted:

Agreed, I think sunken cost fallacy is at play heavily when it comes to vaping. I got a G-pen off of Aliexpress (it's legit or a 3rd run from what I gather) for $18 bucks and I hate it just the same as any $300 vocapax-magic-boxmod-deally I've tried.
Those are rebranded Titan 1s, and the Titan 1 is mostly known for being awful. They're also known for occasionally being manufactured with unsafe materials and for having lots of hot electronics in the air path, stay safe goons :ohdear:

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high

DoombatINC posted:

Those are rebranded Titan 1s, and the Titan 1 is mostly known for being awful. They're also known for occasionally being manufactured with unsafe materials and for having lots of hot electronics in the air path, stay safe goons :ohdear:

Where did you find this info? I'm not doubting you but the reviews I've seen have swung wildly from 1 - 5 stars stating its either barely functional or it's one of the best affordable vapes that can be purchased. Either way I've had an awful time hard time discerning the difference in output from this to a MFB, to a Volcano, or a Vapir especially on a "per-your-dollar payoff".

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

I was lurking fuckcombustion.com around the time the Titan 1 and 2 were first coming out of China. Much like your describing, some people loved theirs, others described foul tastes and minimal vapor. Some of the shady units were broken down, and people were finding melted glue and tape around the oven, and an air path going over an unprotected circuit board. The original company making them cleaned up their practices, iirc, but they're now being made and knocked off by so many factories that it's a real gamble.

Speaking of, someone broke down the new Kandypens (who already had a wilted reputation) leak-proof atomizers and found them to be full of glue, and the new #thisthingrips (the shittiest vape company of them all) "lava quartz" atomizers were shown to consist of "regular cheap quartz" and "a red sticker" - there's some sketchy companies out there and a lot of them supply your local headshops, stay extra safe goons :ohdear:

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Gay Weed Dad posted:

but I coughed like a banshee and immediately felt it in my groin.

That means you're doing it right.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Earwicker posted:

If you can get weed you can get oil or wax by just doing the extraction yourself. Or you can vape weed itself. Again the idea that you need some kind of expensive device to vape is just not true. I agree that there are people pushing that mentality, and it sucks, but it's not reality.

Someone in Oregon exploded their house somehow and it got blamed on butane extraction. The whole house became a crater instantly.

Edit: i forgit the lesson because of weed. drugs are bad and will explode your house

Oscar Wild fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Aug 1, 2017

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Hahaha, I've seen a few of those. That's what happens if you're not evaporating your butane somewhere safe and ventilated. My favorite story was someone that was doing at-home butane extraction and wanted to slow the aerosolization so they put the wash in the fridge. The butane continued to evaporate in the fridge, turning it into a giant fuel air explosive. Then, best as they could figure, the condenser kicked on with a spark. Ka-boom.

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high

That means you're doing it right.

Nah, dude it scared the gently caress out of me. Very un-irie™ if I do say so myself.

DoombatINC posted:

I was lurking fuckcombustion.com around the time the Titan 1 and 2 were first coming out of China. Much like your describing, some people loved theirs, others described foul tastes and minimal vapor. Some of the shady units were broken down, and people were finding melted glue and tape around the oven, and an air path going over an unprotected circuit board. The original company making them cleaned up their practices, iirc, but they're now being made and knocked off by so many factories that it's a real gamble.

Speaking of, someone broke down the new Kandypens (who already had a wilted reputation) leak-proof atomizers and found them to be full of glue, and the new #thisthingrips (the shittiest vape company of them all) "lava quartz" atomizers were shown to consist of "regular cheap quartz" and "a red sticker" - there's some sketchy companies out there and a lot of them supply your local headshops, stay extra safe goons :ohdear:

Ah, well I won't pretend I haven't seen some horrible Chinese manufacturing but based on my experience I think it lends alot of credence to the theory that vapes are a hotbed for "sunken cost" folk. The MFB may be the most excessively marked up anything I've ever seen for sale but I meet people who swear it was "worth every penny" all the time.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I wonder if those ecig things are similarly borked.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

No. That is uncool and also not cool. If it takes more than 30 minutes I start getting a bit upset.

You could always move to an apartment that's on top of a dispensary or something

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Improbable Lobster posted:

You could always move to an apartment that's on top of a dispensary or something

No worries. Now that my state is legal and there is a dispensary on roughly every block, even if my private dealers are busy it's a ten minute ride to get weed. God Bless America :911:

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Les Os posted:

I smoke out of a glass pipe

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
My dumb town refuses to let dispensaries open so I either gotta drive my rear end like 40 minutes one way to Vista or call a delivery service which takes 30-60 minutes on average. It's okay though I call omw home from work and it works out fine.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

COMRADES posted:

My dumb town refuses to let dispensaries open so I either gotta drive my rear end like 40 minutes one way to Vista or call a delivery service which takes 30-60 minutes on average. It's okay though I call omw home from work and it works out fine.

They don't do delivery in my state and it makes me very sad.

CRINDY
Sep 23, 2010

forget about ur worries and ur strife
Had to stop smoking for a job op. It's good enough that it's worth stopping for, plus the hiring experience will take 4 weeks start to finish, perfect amount of time to get clean.

Plus I'd be moving from a decriminalized state to a legal state so wooooooooo

Let's hope I keep nailing the app process

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Blow posted:

:lol: if you don't chop up your weed and add spin (tobacco) and punch cones.

:350: motherfuckers.

This was literally tearing my lungs apart and imo the high is nicer without it and its so much less compulsive of a habit.

man do I ever miss that first bong hit when I get home though.. that head rush.. oh yeah..

I've been trying to stop putting tobacco in my weed for almost a decade though. loving poppers. addictive as hell.

last batch bowl was... two days ago. this is gonna be the time guys!!

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Oscar Wild posted:

Someone in Oregon exploded their house somehow and it got blamed on butane extraction. The whole house became a crater instantly.

Edit: i forgit the lesson because of weed. drugs are bad and will explode your house

DoombatINC posted:

Hahaha, I've seen a few of those. That's what happens if you're not evaporating your butane somewhere safe and ventilated. My favorite story was someone that was doing at-home butane extraction and wanted to slow the aerosolization so they put the wash in the fridge. The butane continued to evaporate in the fridge, turning it into a giant fuel air explosive. Then, best as they could figure, the condenser kicked on with a spark. Ka-boom.

There was a couple in the news recently that were doing an extraction in their bathtub and then *went to bed* while they waited for the butane to evaporate. their scarred and pink faces were in an article warning people about the dangers of butane extraction and a small part of me could only hope that the fire castrated the guy.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

CRINDY posted:

Had to stop smoking for a job op. It's good enough that it's worth stopping for, plus the hiring experience will take 4 weeks start to finish, perfect amount of time to get clean.

I had to do this in college and my friends congratulated me by picking me up from the piss-test clinic and handing me a triple-twisted blunt (3 inner leaves from Dutches rolled up and use the outer leaves to wrap all 3 together)

I was also a fat dude smoking an eighth a day and only stopped for 9 days, and somehow still passed, so :shrug:

Serious Party Gods
Apr 2, 2009

1) To the dum-dum abstainees who are too lazy to research the simplest solution; there is a device that runs on a 9V battery that will fool any non-criminal/military piss test
http://urinator.com/html/index.html

2) To the Hitler av guy who stated that "thousands of sellers" were identified on that AB bust: I'm curious, how would that even work? Where did you "see" this?

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

CRINDY posted:

good luck!

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Nerds being nerds they go nuts over their vapes and poo poo when I just got whatever $40 thing the store sells and it makes the stuff go into my lungs. My friend picked up a $20 7-11 thing and it worked well enough.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Serious Party Gods posted:

1) To the dum-dum abstainees who are too lazy to research the simplest solution; there is a device that runs on a 9V battery that will fool any non-criminal/military piss test
http://urinator.com/html/index.html

2) To the Hitler av guy who stated that "thousands of sellers" were identified on that AB bust: I'm curious, how would that even work? Where did you "see" this?

that's some heroin addict poo poo, I'll pass on handling someone else's urine and taping it to my thigh or whatever. I used some drink from a head shop that said to drink like 3 hours beforehand. No idea if it helped or not but again, fat guy daily smoker who went clean for 9 days and passed, so :iiam:

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Serious Party Gods posted:

Article posted in YOSPOS. :shrug:

A quick google shows they claim to have the addresses of over 10k buyers, but I am not seeing the 2k figure for sellers I was seeing before.

According to theverge: https://www.theverge.com/2017/7/20/16003046/alphabay-takedown-hansa-marketplace-fbi-europol-sessions

quote:

At the time of its takedown, it reached over 200,000 users and 40,000 vendors, with nearly $4 million in bitcoin stored in escrow wallets on the site.

Keeping with the %ages there, if they got 10k buyers, 2k makes sense.

As an aside, I also found this: https://thenextweb.com/insider/2017/07/28/police-dark-web-drug-dealer-buyer/

quote:

Dutch police is not messing around – and it appears it is now purportedly chasing users suspected in purchasing illegal substances on the dark web’s second largest drug marketplace, Hansa.

So the assurance that they always go up the ladder may not be reliable. If you read farther down, there are links to arrests of buyers in the US connected to this.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
It almost seems like buying weed off the internet is wrong and bad.

Namaste.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Yeah, you should buy it in a proper local brick and mortar establishment like a gentleman. Buy local greens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

This week's concentrates: Peppermint Cookies (GSC phenotype) and Tahoe OG Kush.

The Tahoe is one of the strongest and fastest body highs I've ever experienced.