Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Bort threw 5 INTs last night :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Wentz was 25 for 25 😌

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
I'm in a 2qb dynasty league and I am entertaining an offer for my #1 QB Russell Wilson for two 2018 first round picks and one third rounder. My other QBs are Bradford, Kessler, Kizer, Hackenberg, Brisset and Boykin. In a vacuum that deal is way too much value for Wilson to pass up but am I losing out too much during this season? The guy I'm possibly trading with only has Matt Ryan, Brock Osweiler and RG3 so I should be able to get a pretty good deal.

He's also interested in Kizer but I really hate trading away rookies the same year I drafted them

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Don't trade Russell Wilson for that. You're trading what is a top 5 dynasty qb in a format where they are worth gold for two random first round draft picks, which while nice assets, have a lot of uncertainty.

Wilson is a probable QB1 for at least 5 more years (likely more) and goes in the second round of 2qb dynasty startups alongside guys like Hilton/Michael Thomas/Winston/Mariota/Melvin Gordon - to give you a gauge of his value. You should be getting a king's ransom to move him: a solid younger QB plus draft picks/players, or 1:1 for an elite WR or RB.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Any major news out of training camp so far?

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Off the top of my head:

Ebron hurt his hamstring, how bad who knows

James Conner looked good in the first team offense but hurt his shoulder

Devante Parker has rainbows coming out of his rear end in a top hat again this season

Dalvin Cook looking good running with Vikes first team

Bucs backfield may be a committee even when Dougie comes back

Andrew Luck probably starts the season on PUP - or misses a few games at least (Tolzein time)

Same with Flacco possibly, Ravens considering signing Kaep (for real)

CMC crushing it in camp, his ADP gonna be tok high in a month if it isnt already (like Ameer a few years ago)

Gio is healthier earlier than expected and practicing, making the Mixon show more murky

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Sataere posted:

So we have two openings in the Blounts and Fortes dynasty league. Teams available are Nawid and subforums hero Beer4TheBeerGod. First claims in the thread are in.

Dynasty madness

So we still have one vacancy. $25 buy in. Rookie draft will be starting once we have a new owner for Beer's team. FYI, this was a playoff team last year. It's not like you'd be inheriting my team. :v:

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Cervixalot posted:

Off the top of my head:

Ebron hurt his hamstring, how bad who knows

James Conner looked good in the first team offense but hurt his shoulder

Devante Parker has rainbows coming out of his rear end in a top hat again this season

Dalvin Cook looking good running with Vikes first team

Bucs backfield may be a committee even when Dougie comes back

Andrew Luck probably starts the season on PUP - or misses a few games at least (Tolzein time)

Same with Flacco possibly, Ravens considering signing Kaep (for real)

CMC crushing it in camp, his ADP gonna be tok high in a month if it isnt already (like Ameer a few years ago)

Gio is healthier earlier than expected and practicing, making the Mixon show more murky

Who is CMC? I am sure it'll be obvious once you tell me.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Sataere posted:

Who is CMC? I am sure it'll be obvious once you tell me.
Christian McCaffrey

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Tiptoes posted:

Christian McCaffrey

Oh, that makes sense. I'm old school. Rookies don't get nicknames. They gotta earn them!

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Cervixalot posted:

This is not accurate based on what is known right now.

Although if I was drafting today, he's still hands off. Let someone else deal with it.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

coronaball posted:

Although if I was drafting today, he's still hands off. Let someone else deal with it.

A bit of reading between the lines/projection on my part, but read this article and tell me it sounds like Luck is going to be ready Week 1:

http://www.indystar.com/story/sport..._medium=twitter

Negative news/pessimism is worth paying close attention to during training camp amidst the sunshine and roses puff pieces that are written about seemingly everyone. They are laying the groundwork for him to miss a few games to start the season IMO

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

coronaball posted:

I don't know. If he were there in the sixth, I'd be hard pressed to pass on him.

von Metternich
May 7, 2007
Why the hell not?
Just listened to Matthew Berry's podcast, and apparently PPR is going to be the default for new ESPN leagues, and also for all their experts' rankings.

Is PPR becoming more popular or something? I thought it peaked a couple of years ago and was slightly less in fashion now.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
Is anyone interested in doing the All IDP League again this year? The old thread is archived and I don't remember who ran it last year but poo poo was mad fun and I know I'd be pumped to do it again.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

von Metternich posted:

Just listened to Matthew Berry's podcast, and apparently PPR is going to be the default for new ESPN leagues, and also for all their experts' rankings.

Is PPR becoming more popular or something? I thought it peaked a couple of years ago and was slightly less in fashion now.

IMO PPR is better than Standard, so I'm fine with the general industry-wide shift towards PPR. But I also think that half PPR is better than both, so I'd like to see it adopted more too.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

CompeAnansi posted:

IMO PPR is better than Standard, so I'm fine with the general industry-wide shift towards PPR. But I also think that half PPR is better than both, so I'd like to see it adopted more too.

I think it is generally accepted that PPR is 0.5 PPR. I think 1.0 PPR is referred to as Full PPR. I could be talking out of my rear end though.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Cervixalot posted:

A bit of reading between the lines/projection on my part, but read this article and tell me it sounds like Luck is going to be ready Week 1:

Negative news/pessimism is worth paying close attention to during training camp amidst the sunshine and roses puff pieces that are written about seemingly everyone. They are laying the groundwork for him to miss a few games to start the season IMO

I see your point, but it's just too early to tell if they really think he'd miss games. And PUPing him would essentially make this a lost season for them, barring a miracle.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

After three years of arguing it I finally got my league to approve the move from .3 PPR to .5 like the norms do.

Strong attempt to shift to auction draft but the drama of our ping pong ball ceremony is too delicious.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Cervixalot posted:

I don't know the source of that, but there are no facts. No dates. No timetables. I can't take anything of substance from that. All that dude is saying is that Luck has to take care of himself. He has zeroed in on Luck making a comment on how hard it is to be selfish and not rush the process and ran with it.

Any Colts fans who can chime in to tell us what credence to give this article?

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

kiimo posted:

After three years of arguing it I finally got my league to approve the move from .3 PPR to .5 like the norms do.

Strong attempt to shift to auction draft but the drama of our ping pong ball ceremony is too delicious.

I want to hear more about the ping pong ball ceremony

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
I just inherited a new keeper league. Obviously super excited about inheriting David Johnson. I'm a lil rusty getting back into FF for the season; who would you flag as your 2nd keeper here?

It's Landry, right?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

What's the penalty for keeping them? Scoring? Format? Context maaaaaan.

With none of that info, yeah, Landry looks to be the leading candidate.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

RCarr posted:

What's the penalty for keeping them? Scoring? Format? Context maaaaaan.

With none of that info, yeah, Landry looks to be the leading candidate.

Oooh yeah, sorry...I don't really know yet! Good questions. drat, I really AM rusty!

I assume standard ESPN scoring (which I guess is PPR now?) and Keepers go in the first 2 rounds.

E: Just heard back from the GM, the above is correct.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

timp posted:

Keepers go in the first 2 rounds.

If you only keep 1 keeper, do you get to use your 2nd round pick on anyone? If so, just keep David Johnson. Anyone available in the 2nd round is gonna be a better pick than keeping anyone else on your team there. If you HAVE to keep 2, then Landry would be my pick.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

RCarr posted:

If you only keep 1 keeper, do you get to use your 2nd round pick on anyone? If so, just keep David Johnson. Anyone available in the 2nd round is gonna be a better pick than keeping anyone else on your team there. If you HAVE to keep 2, then Landry would be my pick.

That is indeed an option, and something I was thinking about doing. Thanks for the advice!

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

timp posted:

Oooh yeah, sorry...I don't really know yet! Good questions. drat, I really AM rusty!

I assume standard ESPN scoring (which I guess is PPR now?) and Keepers go in the first 2 rounds.

E: Just heard back from the GM, the above is correct.

So you forfeit the second round to keep Landry? Only keep David Johnson, then

efb

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

I know nobody has suggested this, but have you considered NOT keeping Landry?

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Sataere posted:

I know nobody has suggested this, but have you considered NOT keeping Landry?

:aaaaa:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I think this has been discussed, but how do dynasty leagues that use snake drafts handle contracts/increasing value/etc.

Im running a first time start up dynasty league and I want to do an auction draft with a salary cap and increasing salaries each year by 10% or whatever. Only problem is most of the league has never done an auction draft before and are insistent on doing a snake draft. How do snake draft dynasty leagues handle that sort of thing?

Also, I'd like to use Yahoo, as our other 2 leagues are already on there, but is that doable with a dynasty league? Or do you have to go with MFL and it's horrible interface/website? Everything I'm reading says MFL is the way to go, but I used MFL for best ball leagues and the whole experience really soured me on that website. It almost unbelievably terrible. Plus no mobile app, etc.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Aug 1, 2017

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Now that's a stretch :eyepop:

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Spoeank posted:

Now that's a stretch :eyepop:

We already know Dez is overrated

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

RisqueBarber posted:

I want to hear more about the ping pong ball ceremony

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Sataere posted:

We already know Dez is overrated

But now I'm writing about it so you all get to see my raw data hot takes

Also

:holymoley:

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
So, I was really 🤢 about having the #5 pick in my 10 man league. 0.5 PPR, 2RB, 3 WR, no flex, etc.

But I've been playing around the idea of taking Shady with that pick instead of Julio or Odell. And THEN, picking RB again in the 2nd. Gronk or a WR in the 3rd. Possibly Brees in the 4th and just loading up on WRs.

I'm ending up with stuff like:

QB: Brees
RB: LeSean McCoy
RB: DeMarco Murray/Jay Ayaji/Jordan Howard
WR: Demariyus Thomas/Hopkins
WR: Crabtree
WR: Fitzgerald
TE: Gronk/Kelce

Etc. WR is so rich this year and the drop off on RBs is quick and a big drop off

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

89 posted:

So, I was really 🤢 about having the #5 pick in my 10 man league. 0.5 PPR, 2RB, 3 WR, no flex, etc.

But I've been playing around the idea of taking Shady with that pick instead of Julio or Odell. And THEN, picking RB again in the 2nd. Gronk or a WR in the 3rd. Possibly Brees in the 4th and just loading up on WRs.

Etc. WR is so rich this year and the drop off on RBs is quick and a big drop off

The thing is, you can swap out DT or Hopkins for AB84/JJ and likely end up with two of Murray/Ajayi/Howard.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Sataere posted:

The thing is, you can swap out DT or Hopkins for AB84/JJ and likely end up with two of Murray/Ajayi/Howard.

🤔

Felter Chesthard
Sep 11, 2001

89 posted:

Gronk probably isn't making it to 3.5.
Brees might make it to 4.8.
Thomas definitely isn't making it to 5.5.
Crabtree almost certainly isn't making it to 6.8.
Fitz 7.5 is possible but pretty iffy too.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sataere posted:

Hopkins is being drafted as his ceiling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Felter Chesthard posted:

Gronk probably isn't making it to 3.5.
Brees might make it to 4.8.
Thomas definitely isn't making it to 5.5.
Crabtree almost certainly isn't making it to 6.8.
Fitz 7.5 is possible but pretty iffy too.

Quick mock

• Locked thread