Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Neon switches

Are for bitches

:smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

ASK ME ABOUT BEING A GROWNUP WHO FUCKS A REAL DOLL
Uh was reading some posts in here....so does the Switch require me to do something to calibrate the battery when I get one?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

GoldfishStew posted:

Uh was reading some posts in here....so does the Switch require me to do something to calibrate the battery when I get one?

Sometimes the percentage meter won't be accurate. This isn't an issue unique to the switch, anything with a lithium ion rechargeable battery can have that issue.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Yeah I think mine was acting funny, weirdly it started happening several months after I got the system. I think a couple of charges and drains fixed it, though.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

PS don't use the percentage meter on any device. Those are never accurate and actually use up more energy just by having them on. The bar without numbers is plenty of information.

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

ASK ME ABOUT BEING A GROWNUP WHO FUCKS A REAL DOLL
Ok so I just drain it then fill it complete;y

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

The Jackbox Party Packs are also on Switch so I'd rather just play Quiplash instead of Quiplash But Worse

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Well depends on price. Those are $25. How much is this?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Yeah that's what I was thinking, unless this game is $5.

Stoked for the Mario Rabbids Xcom. Can't believe it is already August.

We're a few weeks away from that, and two months and change away from Mario Odyssey.

Switch is coooooool.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rexroom posted:

https://twitter.com/RE_Games/status/892278997534429184
Resident Evil Revelations 1+2 coming to the Switch late 2017.

I am all in for that, the Revelations games are my favorite Resident Evils. I just hope they get a physical release

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Al Borland Corp. posted:

PS don't use the percentage meter on any device. Those ... use up more energy just by having them on.

What

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Guy Goodbody posted:

I am all in for that, the Revelations games are my favorite Resident Evils. I just hope they get a physical release

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yes, to show that percentage the battery is having to be polled constantly, which uses battery

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Well depends on price. Those are $25. How much is this?

There's apparently a Wii U version and that is $15, so at least that much.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
oh, I should've clicked the link

quote:

At retail across North America you will find these two games as a combo pack dubbed Resident Evil Revelations Collection, which includes one cartridge with Revelations as well as a digital download voucher for Revelations 2 for $39.99

that seems like an odd choice

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Vita games did that a bunch with their collections, like with FFX/X-2 Collection. Storage space on cartridges is a big deal.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Yes, to show that percentage the battery is having to be polled constantly, which uses battery

How much

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

Proof that the Switch is the new Vita.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

all of it, eventually

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Guy Goodbody posted:

Carts are priced by size

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Al Borland Corp. posted:

And the little meter without the percentage somehow does so without polling the battery?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

jivjov posted:

And the little meter without the percentage somehow does so without polling the battery?

Yes, because that method just eyeballs how much juice is left in the battery tank and gives you a rough estimate

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I strongly suspect that the meter is always calculated in % at all times.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

raditts posted:

Yes, because that method just eyeballs how much juice is left in the battery tank and gives you a rough estimate

And this happens without polling the battery?

well why not posted:

I strongly suspect that the meter is always calculated in % at all times.

Same

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

It most likely reads the % and shows full/three-quarter/half etc. if the % is within those ranges. It's harder and less efficient (and actually impossible) to be inaccurate with a computer, provided it's programmed properly.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

jivjov posted:

And this happens without polling the battery?

Yes, like I said your switch just opens up the battery tank and has a look in there, and makes a good estimate for how much battery juice is left. Obviously this uses less power.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

raditts posted:

Yes, like I said your switch just opens up the battery tank and has a look in there, and makes a good estimate for how much battery juice is left. Obviously this uses less power.

So it looks at the amount of power without looking at the amount of power. Got it.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Can I make up some poo poo about batteries too?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

jivjov posted:

So it looks at the amount of power without looking at the amount of power. Got it.

:thejoke:

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
Wouldn't be a consumer electronics thread without it! I heard if you play upside down you get 25% extra battery life because gravity helps the electrons move

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I like that you can mash your finger on the indicator and it tells you the %

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

jivjov posted:

You can check the power levels yourself if you drill a hole in the top left corner, right above the touch screen, and shine a pen light in there. That's the best way to tell how much battery is left imo.

Manky posted:

Wouldn't be a consumer electronics thread without it! I heard if you play upside down you get 25% extra battery life because gravity helps the electrons move

You can also "overcharge" the battery if you put it in the microwave for 30 seconds, because the electons get excited and produce more output.

raditts fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Aug 1, 2017

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Switch really is the new Vita.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Lodin posted:

Nintendo please... stop the perverts.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Thigh punch simulator

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Gotta work out those kinks. This is a serious game about physical therapy

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

They should buy one of those massage roller things.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Lodin posted:

what the actual gently caress is wrong with people

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Vita has good games like...uhhhhh.... Persona 4...and....Persona 4...Dancing All Night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Gotta keep that birth rate down

• Locked thread