Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

2Jets posted:

I don't platoon

Neither do I. My time periods are too random and the only friends i have that play at the same times-ish play X-box or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

2Jets posted:

I don't platoon so I never though about how much of a difference that would be. Now I'm wondering what a platoon of three 65% solo players could do.

One evening Sengo (65-66%) and myself (63%) took our B2s for a spin for some easy wins. Guess what winrate can two good players playing tanks with baby matchmaking at tier 4 achieve in dozen games or so?

0%

Also, is game dead on EU? Anyone in 2PAC still playing this?

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Cardiac posted:

I typically use Zakaladas as an example for how good you can get solo and he had a win rate of around 64% solo. (Apparently he have stopped caring as judged by his stats for the last 3000 games or so)
Anything above that I would assume platooning or playing OP tanks for higher win rates.

This guy never/very rarely platoons and is near 68% WR: http://wotlabs.net/na/player/smyleerage. I do think breaking 70% win rate solo over 1000+ battles is very unlikely. After all, even CarbonWard barely broke 67% on his gimmick account: http://wotlabs.net/na/player/XVMTargetNumeroUno

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
Finally finished the TVP VTU yesterday. What a terrible tank with almost no redeeming features. The only good part about it was getting 1.2M credits back when I sold it.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

The A-44...
:negative:

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
I've played about 8 battles in the A-44 now (of which I am 6-2, thanks for the carries teams) and it's a real turd. I think things will marginally improve with the big alpha gun but the handling on that thing looks so terrible that maybe not. Guess it'll just be drive up next to the other mediums and hope you can hit your shots for positive trades.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

The A-44 was... not enjoyable.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
i cant bring myself to grind the foch stuff its too nice outside and this game is just so bad also diablo 3 pulled me back in with their "expansion" i always wanted the foch ..oh wait i do have an account with just the foch 155 forgot about that..im not so worried now i guess, noticed as i was gonna be typing im too lazy/busy playin diablo to grind that tank

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Turmoilx posted:

i cant bring myself to grind the foch stuff its too nice outside and this game is just so bad also diablo 3 pulled me back in with their "expansion" i always wanted the foch ..oh wait i do have an account with just the foch 155 forgot about that..im not so worried now i guess, noticed as i was gonna be typing im too lazy/busy playin diablo to grind that tank

I won both a solo game and a squad game in PUBG last night and I had fun. The loving MLE 46 is so shockingly bad compared to its tiermates that I feel bad for badmouthing the Jpanther so much. The SU-122-44 has 2900 DPM, the E-25 has 2700 with pref matchmaking, the piece of poo poo JPanther has 2300 and doesn't have a particularly reliable gun. The MLE 46 has 1800 DPM and some of the worst soft stats I've played with - turning and aiming takes a little more than 5 seconds to fully settle, and when it does it still isn't particularly accurate. All the pen in the world doesn't matter when you're unable to hit things, or shots are thrown into the tracks of people broadsiding you, and having giant obvious cupola weakspots on both sides of the tank is much worse than you'd think. The tank doesn't really have armor outside of the mantle, so when people see the 'weak spot' they'll shoot at that and even if they miss, if they hit low they'll pen the casemate anyway, and your gun won't even be on them before you peek around corners and get shot in the hat due to the poor gun traverse range.

The MLE 48 seems just as bad of a tank, but the gun is 60k XP and the grind to the next tank is another 180k, presumably it's so expensive because the Foch uses the same gun, but then the Foch 155 is 290k experience so it's just a case of the worst tank line in the game also being a horrible grind.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
Clearly they knew the 155 was OP as poo poo when it was added so they wanted people to free XP past the horrible tanks. Then they nerfed it into the ground and left the grind unchanged. Good times.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Darkrenown posted:

Clearly they knew the 155 was OP as poo poo when it was added so they wanted people to free XP past the horrible tanks. Then they nerfed it into the ground and left the grind unchanged. Good times.

When that line was put in, there were a lot fewer tanks. How many worse tanks were put in the game for each tier after that line? I mean I guess the ChurchGC is worse than the ARL v39, which is otherwise the standout worst tier six? The A-44 is worse than the MLE 46, so is the SU-100M1, Challenger maybe, but that's about it. I mean we give the Sturer Emil all the poo poo it deserves but is it really worse than the MLE? The Chi-Ri is definitely much better than the MLE 46 and that's the poster child for mediocre gun on bad platform. How about the MLE 48, what tier eights are worse than that? The original SU-101, the T-34-2, some of the nerfed tier 8 lights, the old Ferd and T28s were older but worse and got mega buffed, maybe some of the shitter premium tanks? The only TD that I'd say was added later than the MLE 48 and is still worse is the KanonenJPz, maybe the AT-15 on Sand River against three artillery.

The Foch and Foch 155 both used to be nearly impossible to deal with frontally and both got (deservedly) hammered into the ground when the radio bar was changed to be a damage zone but didn't actually receive any compensation for them gaining a giant weak spot on top and being instantly pennable on the sides, and they were left that way for what, two years? All the while, other tanks got buffed and new tanks got added which just made those tanks into the poo poo cherry on the poo poo sundae that is the French TD line. When the S35 lost camo and 90 meters of view range, the entire line became worthless.

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

Hellsau posted:

When that line was put in, there were a lot fewer tanks. How many worse tanks were put in the game for each tier after that line? I mean I guess the ChurchGC is worse than the ARL v39, which is otherwise the standout worst tier six? The A-44 is worse than the MLE 46, so is the SU-100M1, Challenger maybe, but that's about it. I mean we give the Sturer Emil all the poo poo it deserves but is it really worse than the MLE? The Chi-Ri is definitely much better than the MLE 46 and that's the poster child for mediocre gun on bad platform. How about the MLE 48, what tier eights are worse than that? The original SU-101, the T-34-2, some of the nerfed tier 8 lights, the old Ferd and T28s were older but worse and got mega buffed, maybe some of the shitter premium tanks? The only TD that I'd say was added later than the MLE 48 and is still worse is the KanonenJPz, maybe the AT-15 on Sand River against three artillery.

The Foch and Foch 155 both used to be nearly impossible to deal with frontally and both got (deservedly) hammered into the ground when the radio bar was changed to be a damage zone but didn't actually receive any compensation for them gaining a giant weak spot on top and being instantly pennable on the sides, and they were left that way for what, two years? All the while, other tanks got buffed and new tanks got added which just made those tanks into the poo poo cherry on the poo poo sundae that is the French TD line. When the S35 lost camo and 90 meters of view range, the entire line became worthless.

I'll debate you on the SU-100M1 being worse than the MLE46. It's awful, but at least it kind of aims fast, is somewhat mobile, bounces the occasional shot, and has decent camo. It works semi decently by being a bad non turreted medium that can't aim down. Just last night I noticed the MLE 48 has awful camo which explains why I get spotted moving around where I am not used to being spotting in the average medium / td.

Really, much of the AMX line is in the past when you could easily double bush with your TD and get plenty of shots off at the enemy due to good sight lines. It's low dpm and aim time even point to this. However, the fact it still tends to chuck shells all over makes it impossible to even be good at this role. I didn't even realize the S35 was nerfed. I should consider selling it I think.

I do think the MLE 48 is okay in a T8 game, but when up tiered it really shows how bad it is.

HFX fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jul 31, 2017

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

HFX posted:

I'll debate you on the SU-100M1 being worse than the MLE46. It's awful, but at least it kind of aims fast, is somewhat mobile, bounces the occasional shot, and has decent camo. It works semi decently by being a bad non turreted medium that can't aim down. Just last night I noticed the MLE 48 has awful camo which explains why I get spotted moving around where I am not used to being spotting in the average medium / td.

Really, much of the AMX line is in the past when you could easily double bush with your TD and get plenty of shots off at the enemy due to good sight lines. It's low dpm and aim time even point to this. However, the fact it still tends to chuck shells all over makes it impossible to even be good at this role. I didn't even realize the S35 was nerfed. I should consider selling it I think.

I do think the MLE 48 is okay in a T8 game, but when up tiered it really shows how bad it is.

Alright yeah I hated the SU-100M1 and free XPed out of it, but I have 1600 average damage in the 100M1 and 1100 in the 46 so I guess the only thing worse than the 46 is the A-44. At least the 46 doesn't get frontally racked and engine killed. I'd be free XPing past the 46 and 48, except there are literally zero tournaments on NA right now outside of the clan tournament next week, and there's a zero percent chance I'm paying Wargaming money so oh well.

The MLE 48 is one of the bigger victims of power creep, since it just has a vastly worse gun than all the new premiums and has to deal with being unarmored giant and turretless and having low HP. All the new tech tree TDs also have much better guns with fewer weaknesses. Look at the Charioteer compared to the MLE 48, and the Charioteer gets a turret! The RBWT is an even more lopsided comparison and that's after the nerf.

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

Honestly gently caress these "win top 10" missions. I shouldn't complain after the T-34-85M marathon but having missions where you are depending on your team being in the perfect range of not shitters, but not great either is utter bollocks in combination with a MM that leaves you unable to damage half the enemy team in most matches.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Cardiac posted:

I typically use Zakaladas as an example for how good you can get solo and he had a win rate of around 64% solo. (Apparently he have stopped caring as judged by his stats for the last 3000 games or so)
Anything above that I would assume platooning or playing OP tanks for higher win rates.

Zakaladas may have sold his account. Anyways, you can't just look at a winrate and conclude "platoons" vs. "solo". There are plenty of things you can do independent of platooning that will greatly affect your winrate: play specifically good tanks and avoid bad ones, fire 100% gold, play on a specific server at specific times to adjust for player population and map rotation, etc. Also I'm not sure how many of the non-random-battles game modes are still reflected in overall stats or if old results from alternate game modes are pulled out, but it at least used to be the case that CW and TB results were rolled into overall. (Which would be not quite "platooning" but along the same lines, just potentially with a bigger advantage albeit also potentially better, more organized competition.)

Foxtrot_13 posted:

Being a seal clubber at tier 1 to 3 is much easier to carry than at 6+. A fully upgraded and equipped tank with multiple crew skills is a much bigger difference when 50+ percent won't even have 100% crew or be fully upgraded.

55% win rate when you are grinding tier 8+ solo is drat sight more impressive than 55% tier 3 seal clubbing platoons

I see you've run into CIA with their T-127 platoons. :rolleyes:

BadLlama posted:

The A-44 was... not enjoyable.

This is...the understatement of the millennium.

Barry posted:

I've played about 8 battles in the A-44 now (of which I am 6-2, thanks for the carries teams) and it's a real turd. I think things will marginally improve with the big alpha gun but the handling on that thing looks so terrible that maybe not. Guess it'll just be drive up next to the other mediums and hope you can hit your shots for positive trades.

Free XP past it. Trust me. The pen & alpha on the 107 are completely negated by the gun handling. You're not going to hit anything in trading, and you're just going to get lit on fire with a destroyed engine from frontal pens.

Hellsau posted:

I won both a solo game and a squad game in PUBG last night and I had fun. The loving MLE 46 is so shockingly bad compared to its tiermates that I feel bad for badmouthing the Jpanther so much. The SU-122-44 has 2900 DPM, the E-25 has 2700 with pref matchmaking, the piece of poo poo JPanther has 2300 and doesn't have a particularly reliable gun. The MLE 46 has 1800 DPM and some of the worst soft stats I've played with - turning and aiming takes a little more than 5 seconds to fully settle, and when it does it still isn't particularly accurate. All the pen in the world doesn't matter when you're unable to hit things, or shots are thrown into the tracks of people broadsiding you, and having giant obvious cupola weakspots on both sides of the tank is much worse than you'd think. The tank doesn't really have armor outside of the mantle, so when people see the 'weak spot' they'll shoot at that and even if they miss, if they hit low they'll pen the casemate anyway, and your gun won't even be on them before you peek around corners and get shot in the hat due to the poor gun traverse range.

The MLE 48 seems just as bad of a tank, but the gun is 60k XP and the grind to the next tank is another 180k, presumably it's so expensive because the Foch uses the same gun, but then the Foch 155 is 290k experience so it's just a case of the worst tank line in the game also being a horrible grind.

The Foch is literally just the AC 48 at tier 9. Also, the JT vs. Foch comparison is especially one-sided.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Atomizer posted:

The Foch is literally just the AC 48 at tier 9. Also, the JT vs. Foch comparison is especially one-sided.

The JTiger versus any other tier 9 TD is lopsided because the loving thing had the best gun in tier 9 and then they buffed the mobility and gave it 2100 HP. Going from 1000 HP at tier 8 to 1550 at tier 9 really helps, but not as much as going from 1150 to 2100. The Foch at least has armor against non-gold even if it is made useless by the lower plate and radio bar and cupola weakspots and the total lack of side armor, though being gigantic and having 20mm of roof armor probably makes artillery hits very unpleasant.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
Yeah, I hit a Foch a minute ago side on for over 1,000, (m50/m53). Actually penning things is pretty rare anymore.

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

I once hit a Foch 155 for 800+ and set it on fire with HE from my 263 and it was the best thing ever.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
It's not like picking on Fochs is really much of an accomplishment. You could pretty much halve the reload rate on the 155 and it'd still be lovely even before you took the rest of the tank stats into account.

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

Atomizer posted:

Zakaladas may have sold his account. Anyways, you can't just look at a winrate and conclude "platoons" vs. "solo". There are plenty of things you can do independent of platooning that will greatly affect your winrate: play specifically good tanks and avoid bad ones, fire 100% gold, play on a specific server at specific times to adjust for player population and map rotation, etc. Also I'm not sure how many of the non-random-battles game modes are still reflected in overall stats or if old results from alternate game modes are pulled out, but it at least used to be the case that CW and TB results were rolled into overall. (Which would be not quite "platooning" but along the same lines, just potentially with a bigger advantage albeit also potentially better, more organized competition.)

I see you've run into CIA with their T-127 platoons. :rolleyes:

This is...the understatement of the millennium.

Free XP past it. Trust me. The pen & alpha on the 107 are completely negated by the gun handling. You're not going to hit anything in trading, and you're just going to get lit on fire with a destroyed engine from frontal pens.

The only tank I could see you making a comparison with the Foch for bad is the Tortoise due to some of the same problems as the Foch.

As to stats, it is hilarious to have pubbies say you are bad because you dont' have marks of excellence in a tank with 500+ games but with way better than average damage ratios. If only there was some reason for that.

HFX fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Aug 1, 2017

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

HFX posted:

The only tank I could see you making a comparison with the Foch for bad is the Tortoise due to some of the same problems as the Foch.

The Tortoise can waddle into a brawling area, hold left click on some tank, and stand a good chance to deal its HP in damage. Same with the AT-15. The French TDs are exceptionally likely to die getting zero or one shots off even with good play.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
As slow and unarmored as the Tortoise is, that gun can do some serious damage given half a chance.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Steelion posted:

As slow and unarmored as the Tortoise is, that gun can do some serious damage given half a chance.

Being in front of the Tortoise is pretty terrifying. If you pull around a corner in the city and you see a Tortoise barreling towards you, you're gonna bail. If you see a Foch? That fucker is toast. If you're hiding in the back sniping in the Foch, the Tortoise could do that better and more reliably due to the much better gun. The autoloaders are probably going to make the MLE 48 and Foch tolerable, but autoloaders are pretty much unbalanceable. They're either going to still suck, just with the ability to crush some unlucky lower tier tank (T69), or they're too good and then they'll stay unnerfed for years while being an immense nuisance (Skoda and TVP.....)

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Scikar posted:

Honestly gently caress these "win top 10" missions. I shouldn't complain after the T-34-85M marathon but having missions where you are depending on your team being in the perfect range of not shitters, but not great either is utter bollocks in combination with a MM that leaves you unable to damage half the enemy team in most matches.

Really? I haven't had an issue with any of them no matter what tier I'm in. And I suck at this.

Cue a reroll Churchill driver tonight after my arty gets flanked by a light because he's too busy being poo poo to pay attention when he just out of the blue "Sure arty, go somewhere where no one can help you" and then died a few seconds later. After battle results he's down below in the bottom 5. 900 some odd games with a poo poo load of top guns and mastery badges

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Hellsau posted:

Being in front of the Tortoise is pretty terrifying. If you pull around a corner in the city and you see a Tortoise barreling towards you, you're gonna bail. If you see a Foch? That fucker is toast. If you're hiding in the back sniping in the Foch, the Tortoise could do that better and more reliably due to the much better gun. The autoloaders are probably going to make the MLE 48 and Foch tolerable, but autoloaders are pretty much unbalanceable. They're either going to still suck, just with the ability to crush some unlucky lower tier tank (T69), or they're too good and then they'll stay unnerfed for years while being an immense nuisance (Skoda and TVP.....)

I ran into this situation earlier tonight (I'm about halfway through the Foch now btw;) a 47% retard in a Tort was allowed by our mouthbreather team to roll through the North on Paris and I (in the Foch) had to turn around and deal with him (and a couple of scouts that came with him.) I got off a couple of shots on him but it was still a hopeless matchup. Our team pulled off the win, fortunately.

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

SocketWrench posted:

Really? I haven't had an issue with any of them no matter what tier I'm in. And I suck at this.

Cue a reroll Churchill driver tonight after my arty gets flanked by a light because he's too busy being poo poo to pay attention when he just out of the blue "Sure arty, go somewhere where no one can help you" and then died a few seconds later. After battle results he's down below in the bottom 5. 900 some odd games with a poo poo load of top guns and mastery badges

Basically I got to 23 tokens and then had a horrible streak where I would either deal good damage and lose, or come 11th on XP and win. I finished it in the end. I just think it's a bit poo poo to have a MM which is basically a dice roll, then a mission which requires you to win the dice roll multiple times to complete.

How do people set up the SU-100Y? I'm running with rammer, vents and GLD and trying to catch people with snapshots from odd angles and support city pushes, which works if I'm not alone. I figure it's so big and easy to spot that hiding and sniping isn't going to cut it, but I've had some successful games hanging back just beyond the 445m line since it's much easier to shoot someone if they don't know you're there. Worth swapping in camo net and/or binocs?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Scikar posted:

How do people set up the SU-100Y? I'm running with rammer, vents and GLD.

Yes.

Scikar posted:

Worth swapping in camo net and/or binocs?

Ha ha. No.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Atomizer posted:

I ran into this situation earlier tonight (I'm about halfway through the Foch now btw;) a 47% retard in a Tort was allowed by our mouthbreather team to roll through the North on Paris and I (in the Foch) had to turn around and deal with him (and a couple of scouts that came with him.) I got off a couple of shots on him but it was still a hopeless matchup. Our team pulled off the win, fortunately.

Tort can be a scary tank, it just poo poo out damage.

I am almost done with the 48, I keep hearing that the gun on the Foch is hot garbage. Is this true?

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

Atomizer posted:

Yeah, I can't seem to find a single good point of the French line right now other than straight line speed on level ground.

I swapped my vents for binocs last night because waiting for pubbies to spot things for you without them doing dumb this is a disaster. If the Foch had something more than 20% camo with a full camo crew I might be able to rely on the camo to spot the enemy before they spot me. However, getting outspotted by Tigers gets old fast.

Right now I"m trying to figure out if I should swap the GLD for vents. I swear this thing aims slower than a ISU-152 and a GLD should help, but a GLD only works when you aren't moving the gun. I could go back to the small gun, but I lose penetration, have even shittier dpm. I usually do value gun handling above almost everything else, but in a rare few occurrences, I found alpha to be more useful (Swedish Leo being a good example). The 120 also has more change to over match and pen in general.

This does have me wondering about the changes to the ISU-152. One of the reasons no one uses the BL-9s is that <200 dpm loss, you gain 60 pen. Furthermore, the pen is lack luster consider the IS3 gets the same with 400 extra hitpoints, armor, and a turret. Judging by the Rhoomba, we may end up with a gun worse than the BL-9s for pen which would make the TD struggle to fight some of its own tier not to mention one tier up.

HFX fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Aug 1, 2017

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Mesadoram posted:

Tort can be a scary tank, it just poo poo out damage.

I am almost done with the 48, I keep hearing that the gun on the Foch is hot garbage. Is this true?

It's a tank destroyer with a gun that combines the worst handling and alpha available, and not even by TD standards but by heavy tank standards.

If you like getting snapshot by same tier heavies for more damage and whiffing the return, it's the gun for you.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

xthetenth posted:

It's a tank destroyer with a gun that combines the worst handling and alpha available, and not even by TD standards but by heavy tank standards.

If you like getting snapshot by same tier heavies for more damage and whiffing the return, it's the gun for you.

Splendid.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Atomizer posted:

Eh, it's not going to be so bad that I need to spend 100k+ free xp to not play it.

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

Barry posted:

Eh, it's not going to be so bad that I need to spend 100k+ free xp to not play it.

Relegate it to double a day then, because it is seriously pretty bad. Luckily, the 416 makes up for most of the sins with its laser gun and what armor heat shells.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Yep. I have most of the tier tens still, and would do the grind for most of the remainder if not for much better things to do with my life.

I rage sold my Foch halfway through, right at the sweet spot for sunk cost fallacy, and it's the only tank I've done that with. My only regret is not doing it sooner. I free xp-ed a leo pt a to replace it as a tier nine to drive in platoons. Even without the top gun I preferred that thing.

I had more fun grinding out the tracks for a friend's original tech tree T34. He'd put on modules so it couldn't fit the 105 and didn't have gold. Trying to land 90mm shells with that thing was a downright joy compared to the Foch.

xthetenth fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Aug 1, 2017

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

HFX posted:

This does have me wondering about the changes to the ISU-152. One of the reasons no one uses the BL-9s is that <200 dpm loss, you gain 60 pen. Furthermore, the pen is lack luster consider the IS3 gets the same with 400 extra hitpoints, armor, and a turret. Judging by the Rhoomba, we may end up with a gun worse than the BL-9s for pen which would make the TD struggle to fight some of its own tier not to mention one tier up.

Well, alpha is king in this game, which is obvious if one have played the Tortoise. The number of times one gets the opportunity to really use DPM is rare, compared to trading damage. And for that the ISU152 with the 150 is great since you will do 2000 damage with 3 shots just trading 1 to 1 with something with 400 alpha.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Today in "Playing With Spastics":

I dare you to look up his stats for each vehicle.

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Today in "Playing With Spastics":

I dare you to look up his stats for each vehicle.

He has 602 battles. Let me know how he's doing at 5K. He's probably not quite understanding even the basics of the game yet. Wargaming is actually pretty awful at teaching people who to play the game.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

HFX posted:

He has 602 battles. Let me know how he's doing at 5K. He's probably not quite understanding even the basics of the game yet. Wargaming is actually pretty awful at teaching people who to play the game.

But look at the vehicles he's playing.

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

But look at the vehicles he's playing.

It is hard to explain to people why they shouldn't buy high tier tanks when they start the game. You know this from experience, not everyone does without something explaining it to them. You think WG is going to give him a warning like hey you might not be ready for that tier yet? "Here is some premiums we currently recommend." I do hope he gets better and maybe someone should message him to help him. However, it is not like you really learn anything relevant before T5 anyway.

I'm far more disturbed by players who have 30K+ games who struggle to get within 2% of average.

HFX fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Aug 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

HFX posted:

It is hard to explain to people why they shouldn't buy high tier tanks when they start the game. You know this from experience, not everyone does without something explaining it to them. You think WG is going to give him a warning like hey you might not be ready for that tier yet? "Here is some premiums we currently recommend." I do hope he gets better and maybe someone should message him to help him. However, it is not like you really learn anything relevant before T5 anyway.

I'm far more disturbed by players who have 30K+ games who struggle to get withing 2% of average.

Totally agree. Having a 38%WR over 600 battles appears impressively bad but it doesn't really ultimately mean anything.