Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

fsif posted:

I don't know, what did you look forward to in Raiders seasons pre-Carr?

Improbable superbowl run if we're being honest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/diannaESPN/status/892394123734523904

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

fsif posted:

I don't know, what did you look forward to in Raiders seasons pre-Carr?

The draft?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Bears have their QB of the future to pine for. They at least have a lot of question marks that could end positively. Jordan Howard is good, maybe Glennon is a franchise QB, maybe Kevin White can still live up to his potential, maybe John Fox can get something out of their defense.

Ravens have a good defense but might just have the worst offense in football. So, really not that different from a bunch of Ravens teams their fans have rooted for.

49ers have Shanahan hopefully getting 20 points per game out of a staggeringly barren roster. Next year is going to be the purge.

Jaguars have been building a roster for so long, that they should be good everywhere but QB and offensive line. Unfortunately either of those is enough to derail an offense, both sucking normally destroys it. The Jags best hope is probably getting good play out of their defense and hopefully building a roster they can plug a top of the draft LT and random 2nd round QB pick into and get to 8 wins.

The Jets just want to watch the world burn.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
How bad can the Jets season be for everyone in charge to survive?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I think Macc and Bowles survive pretty much anything short of open revolt. Everyone including the fans seem to be on board with tearing it down and rebuilding young, and Woody is preoccupied with being an ambassador at the moment so hopefully less meddlesome.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

How is Brandin Cooks as a player? Steve Smith except a step below?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Diva Cupcake posted:

I think Macc and Bowles survive pretty much anything short of open revolt. Everyone including the fans seem to be on board with tearing it down and rebuilding young, and Woody is preoccupied with being an ambassador at the moment so hopefully less meddlesome.

That's interesting. I didn't realize they were still so high on Bowles. I assumed they were sort of slow-playing his firing and that his goose was cooked absent a totally remarkable season.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

How is Brandin Cooks as a player? Steve Smith except a step below?

A better tavon Austin.

No one is steve smith

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

FizFashizzle posted:

A better tavon Austin.

No one is steve smith

Haha, I meant him having a similar playstyle and as a potential Hall of very good. SS is going to HOF right?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Kalli posted:

Jaguars have been building a roster for so long, that they should be good everywhere but QB and offensive line. Unfortunately either of those is enough to derail an offense, both sucking normally destroys it. The Jags best hope is probably getting good play out of their defense and hopefully building a roster they can plug a top of the draft LT and random 2nd round QB pick into and get to 8 wins.
No you see the Jaguars can hope that a rookie LT is a good enough runblocker that the one competent starter and three other cardboard cutouts on the OL do enough to let Fournette run well.

:suicide:

Nov 6, 2002

Is Chris Ivory still on the Jags?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Is Chris Ivory still on the Jags?
Yup.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Every Lions tackle is injured, so say hello to Storm Norton, UDFA starter. :shepicide:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Haha, I meant him having a similar playstyle and as a potential Hall of very good. SS is going to HOF right?

Cooks is going to do less well on the pats than saints simply because the patriots won't need 50 points a game every week.

He'll still do well.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
https://twitter.com/Titans/status/892409392531984385?s=09

🗣Corey Davis was the correct pick

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Someone did some video analysis of him and Edelman running the same short crossing route against similar coverage. Edelman caught the pass, turned upfield and got ~12 yards. Cooks kept running, blew past the guys in coverage, turned upfield at the sideline and went for 30.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Kalli posted:

49ers have Shanahan hopefully getting 20 points per game out of a staggeringly barren roster. Next year is going to be the purge.

They have 50 new players on their 90 man roster. At least 20 of their final 53 will be new players. The purge is happening right now.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/892420115899318273

In fighting. Not an act of #BROTHERHOOD at all. Such shameful behaviors, strip them of all previous victories and reward them to their opponents imo

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

No

Edit not first ballot at least. Very likely second

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Aug 1, 2017

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

One of these players is half a foot taller than the other.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

FizFashizzle posted:

One of these players is half a foot taller than the other.

Yeah but is also 120 pounds heavier!

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
That was a super lovely pass

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

That was a super lovely pass

big dick derek anderson

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Alright I am ready to come back from the off season.

Is CMC in the hall of fame yet?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

fsif posted:

That's interesting. I didn't realize they were still so high on Bowles. I assumed they were sort of slow-playing his firing and that his goose was cooked absent a totally remarkable season.
It's only been 2 years, one of which they greatly over-performed.

The idea is that you can't fairly tie Bowles' job to team performance this season when you've consciously made an effort to purge almost all veterans from the roster. You can judge based on leadership and his ability to control the descent so if there's another locker room war like last year with Richardson and Marshall, maybe it's time to move on. We'll see. I think Macc is very safe.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

More like if Mike Wallace didn't pout, and caught more than every 4th pass thrown in his direction

Nov 6, 2002

Mike Wallace had a really good season last year. In fact outside of when he's been paired with two quarterbacks who were not exactly known for their deep ball he's been fantastic at what he does.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Mike Wallace had a really good season last year. In fact outside of when he's been paired with two quarterbacks who were not exactly known for their deep ball he's been fantastic at what he does.

I will never forgive him for 4th and 5 in the SB vs the Packers. See, he is good at what he does, except for when you truly need him to deliver. Also, Tannehill's deep ball accuracy is better than Flacco's

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I will never forgive him for 4th and 5 in the SB vs the Packers. See, he is good at what he does, except for when you truly need him to deliver. Also, Tannehill's deep ball accuracy is better than Flacco's

Wait, are we talking about Wallace or Ben?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

When did hucking dummies at quarterbacks become a thing anyway?

http://i.imgur.com/el9dvJN.gifv

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

More effective than Kony Ealy rushing him if the reports out of NE are true.

Nov 6, 2002

Kalli posted:

When did hucking dummies at quarterbacks become a thing anyway?

http://i.imgur.com/el9dvJN.gifv

That was actually Cyrus Jones on a cornerback blitz.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

MrLogan posted:

Wait, are we talking about Wallace or Ben?

Wllace dropped a ball that was literally in his hands on 4th and 5 that killed any chance of a comeback

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Tannehill has been very good with the deep ball whenever he isn't throwing to Wallace :shrug:

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
Mike Wallace's performance last year was way more extraordinary from a YAC standpoint than a deep threat standpoint. Hell Breshad Perriman had the same number of 25+ yard receptions.

Guys are deep threats just as often because they can go and get the ball out of the air as they are fast- Wallace might as well be trying to catch the ball with a loving purple camo bucket hat for all of his catch radius. It only ever worked because Big Ben could hit him in the hands in-stride 40+ yards down the field, and Bruce Arians was real good at dialing up those shots, and he hasn't been that guy since what 2012?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Yeah except Tannehill has been proven this past season to be a great deep ball thrower now that Stills is here over lovely Wallace.

Dude needs to be WIDE open to catch it. Which he was quite a lot this season even with Flacco.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Bengals practice is going well

https://twitter.com/JayMorrisonCMG/status/892469815931273216

https://twitter.com/JayMorrisonCMG/status/892487836733239296

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

in training camp you only get hurt when you start acting all weird and not playing for real. Oh let me ease up on this hit, and now i'm going to land weird instead of professionally. Everyone knows this, including people who believe in fake gods. I wont even point out which gods are fake since that's a whole other can of worms, but many of them are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Counterpoint. Burfict is a piece of poo poo

• Locked thread