Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Frijolero posted:

Dems are going to double-down on running DECORUM: The Candidate in 2020 lol

so long as progressives can start winning seat in Congress I'm more then happy to toss the presidency to further humiliate the establishment dems tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Yinlock posted:

i guess

i just don't see how you can get a request that's like "ok let's compromise by you agreeing to everything we want in exchange for nothing, alright thanks" and not respond with "how about you wear my asscheeks as earmuffs instead, shitface"

you'd have been better off asking this of Sorkin before his brain disease infected every elected democrat

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Yinlock posted:

he's not the best but he is actually progressive

the purity bee would only give him minor stings, of affection

seems left of progressive imho

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Al! posted:

street rats!!! riffraff!!!!

i don't.... buy that!! if only they'd look closer, would they see a poor boy? no siree...

they'd find out...there's so much more.... to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
only triangul8'ing dems gonnae be doing is from an ouija board @ this r8

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Main Paineframe posted:

politico's really had some blazing takes lately. this article is pure Democrats, distilled into a fine wine

quote:

Trying to predict what will define the next presidential race at this point is like guessing at the price of milk once corner stores open up on the moon. But if the 2020 question for Democrats is about taking on Trump’s management shortcomings or calling for a different way of merging government and business experience, Patrick would be able to check those boxes. If it’s about bringing the country together, he has a record of that too, and an elevating, though not quite Obama-level capacity for inspirational rhetoric. If it’s about just veering the presidency back toward the old normal, as notable Trump opponents among Republicans and Democrats hopefully predict, Patrick’s calm demeanor could work there too. 

I want to strangle whoever wrote this

maybe get em with my purity bees or whatever

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Yinlock posted:

he's not the best but he is actually progressive

the purity bee would only give him minor stings, of affection

dudes lest of progressive he literally got am empty luxery apartment buidling siezed to house victims of that big project fire yasssss jezza slaiiiii

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

zegermans posted:

sorry for the ds9 tangent god bless

ds9 is good tho

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/892397148326723584

i'm pretty sure i said on november 9th that "trump but legal weed" would beat trump in 2020 so watch out

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

i'm pretty sure i said on november 9th that "trump but legal weed" would beat trump in 2020 so watch out

legal weed enjoys massive support among americans who do not currently hold political office

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
in the pale moonlight is the best syndicated sci-fi episode produced for television and i will only brook a little bit of discussion on that to try and prove me wrong :colbert:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
that Bernie dude who got elected as a Bernie supporter in NH I think and then switched to the libertarians because weed will finally come back

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Al! posted:

legal weed enjoys massive support among americans who do not currently hold political office

i mean that's my concern with booker: he has no principles but protecting wall street profits, so he's free to adopt popular poo poo that doesn't affect it

watch him come out for single payer (remember all the poo poo about how single payer will save employers money?)

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

He did it

Cory Booker successfully found the one populist policy plank that could benefit the pharmaceutical industry

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Lastgirl posted:

only triangul8'ing dems gonnae be doing is from an ouija board @ this r8
*inside Pelosi's parlor*

"huh drat thing's on the blink, just keeps tappin out

F D R

P W A

N H S

over and over again"

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Main Paineframe posted:

distilled into a fine wine

that's brandy, actually

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Whole Foods now selling organic cannabis indica.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Agean90 posted:

dudes lest of progressive he literally got am empty luxery apartment buidling siezed to house victims of that big project fire yasssss jezza slaiiiii

Did that actually happen? I lost track.

I loosely remember they were excluding the displaced residents from all the public facilities.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Scent of Worf posted:

...which he earned through honest work, and not by supporting prison slavery and refusing to prosecute banks that illegally foreclosed people's homes :rolleye:

I feel like he'd have to actually get some bills passed to say he's earning his paycheck tho

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

i mean that's my concern with booker: he has no principles but protecting wall street profits, so he's free to adopt popular poo poo that doesn't affect it

watch him come out for single payer (remember all the poo poo about how single payer will save employers money?)

im glad so many democrats are willing to stand up for their principles such as mass incarceration and the disenfranchisement of minorities

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

So, I'm like, wait a minute, MA already theoretically "legalized" weed and we're still squabbling over minute implementation details and won't actually be able to buy any for another friggin' year; how does Cory Booker's bill handle all that stuff? So I clicked the link and

quote:

The bill uses federal funds to encourage states to liberalize their marijuana laws.

lol it doesn't

thanks for the empty posturing, Cory

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i want men of princple who will stand by their convictions, unless theyre being pulled rightward in which case theyll immediately crumble

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

ex post facho posted:

i don't.... buy that!! if only they'd look closer, would they see a poor boy? no siree...

they'd find out...there's so much more.... to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Aladdin was racist garbage

Luckily Robin Williams stole the entire movie so no one noticed the big lipped hook nosed Arabs ranting about Allah and keeping their veiled women hidden away

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Inescapable Duck posted:

Did that actually happen? I lost track.

I loosely remember they were excluding the displaced residents from all the public facilities.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/jun/21/grenfell-tower-families-to-be-given-68-flats-in-luxury-apartment-complex

drat right it happened and all the rich fucks are upset

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

ex post facho posted:

in the pale moonlight is the best syndicated sci-fi episode produced for television and i will only brook a little bit of discussion on that to try and prove me wrong :colbert:

Its better when you realize Garak was lying the entire time about his "contacts getting murdered" and all that poo poo. He had his plan from the very beginning.

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
i think anyone who's pro-life but still a dem is obviously not a single-issue voter and probably isn't going to jump shift over a pro-choice plank

i also think u can probably have a few pro-life dems in office as long as the party as a whole has enough votes to keep them from doing anything about it

i think a lot of dumb poo poo tho

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
alladin was cool when i was a kid gently caress zergermans SJW nonsense

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/892401846698029057

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Yinlock posted:

i guess

i just don't see how you can get a request that's like "ok let's compromise by you agreeing to everything we want in exchange for nothing, alright thanks" and not respond with "how about you wear my asscheeks as earmuffs instead, shitface"

just imagine that you are a toothless centrist who believes that everyone just has generic lists of demands needed to make token appeals to various demographics, rather than deeply interconnected moral beliefs that they truly believe are important. then come up with a compromise that gives one side some of the items from their checklist, and gives the other side some of the items from their checklist. maybe run a bunch of focus groups and surveys, and feed the results into a computer and tell it to calculate the optimal items to choose for both sides. voila, bipartisanship wins again!

these people are so deep in their own poo poo that they're unable to comprehend people actually caring about issues, they just boil everything down to data and checklists and concessions

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

atheist i thought

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

deadgoon posted:

I guess it was better than Pocahontas Dances with the Last Avatar

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

deadgoon posted:

It's racist

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

well so's baloogan but we love him don't we???????

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

page 69, nice

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
^ nice

zegermans posted:

Its better when you realize Garak was lying the entire time about his "contacts getting murdered" and all that poo poo. He had his plan from the very beginning.

nah he wasn't lying, he was the one doing the murdering

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
:laffo::laffo:

https://twitter.com/BernieLakehouse/status/892398113075458049

:laffo::laffo:

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
im basing my abortion-politics theory on exactly one pro-life dem btw

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
we're not allowed to enjoy racist stuff now, what, we're not allowed to love AMERICA???????

this is why the dems lose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
i'm glad booker is saying he's for legalizing it now. he's still a shitbag though

• Locked thread