Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's not okay, because he's mine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

I like Cheer Fruits but I can't stop thinking it looks like the Henkei Shoujo shorts.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

chumbler posted:

How many im@ses have crushes on the producer, and is that okay?

i don't remember if any of them did but the producer is cool in cg cause he's just an awkward but sweet dude who wants people to be able to be happy with their jobs and nobody's development really gravitates entirely around him outside of his own interactions with the rest of the cast, where he constantly fumbles because he's bad at talking to people and it's an actual thing he has to improve at

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

chumbler posted:

How many im@ses have crushes on the producer, and is that okay?

all of the og idolmasters, none of the cinderella girls

well maybe kanako

but yeah the producer in cg is just a character with an actual arc and not the self-insert like he was in the 2011 anime

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Xelkelvos posted:

Not enough people are talking about Action Heroine Cheer Fruits and it basically being Locodol, but with Live-actions SFX shows instead of idols.

https://my.mixtape.moe/ukiljx.webm

Edit: The VA for Akagi An/Cheer Red was also the VA for Nanyako Nanako in Locodol too

So the blonde girl and the brown haired girl are lesbians?

l33tc4k30fd00m
Sep 5, 2004

Paracelsus posted:

Cinderella Girls has some good im@ses, but they're diluted by the size of the cast.

Agreed, 50 episode series focused entirely on Kirari please.

The Colonel posted:

i don't remember if any of them did but the producer is cool in cg cause he's just an awkward but sweet dude who wants people to be able to be happy with their jobs and nobody's development really gravitates entirely around him outside of his own interactions with the rest of the cast, where he constantly fumbles because he's bad at talking to people and it's an actual thing he has to improve at

Yeah basically no one in the anime. The only character that would have been hard to separate from her crush was fortunately part of another section.

Of course their attitude towards you as the producer in the games is generally quite different.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/FUNimation/status/892214676695764997

kater
Nov 16, 2010

l33tc4k30fd00m posted:

Wasn't this already the show? I definitely remember there being a girl who had no particular characteristics other than being the big one that isn't Kirari.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

kater posted:

Wasn't this already the show? I definitely remember there being a girl who had no particular characteristics other than being the big one that isn't Kirari.
there was no one anywhere near as tall as kirari

you might mean kanako, who was chubby, not tall, but kanako didn't exactly get much focus. she had like. an episode.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
It's not asking too much for an anime where Kirari and Anzu go on a globe-trotting idol adventure.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Command Ant posted:

It's not asking too much for an anime where Kirari and Anzu go on a globe-trotting idol adventure.

This except it's the over 30 idols and the executive.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
granblue anime needs idol crossover eps

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Multiple of the questions in the faq are yes/no answers that they completely sidestep and ignore answering :cripes:

quote:

Does this mean Funimation will be buying more or less anime?

Funimation remains committed to bringing you the biggest and best English dubbed anime library, along with new seasons of SimulDubs within two weeks of their broadcast in Japan.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
wow i can't believe it

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

Julias posted:

Multiple of the questions in the faq are yes/no answers that they completely sidestep and ignore answering :cripes:

I thought that was what they do today, since they've joined forces with CR. They handle dub and physical media, CR handles everything else.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Julias posted:

And yet somehow they manage to still not admit that simuldubs are an abomination that should have ended before it started.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

lol streaming is dead Sony and Amazon killed it time for fansubs to reign again

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Sakurazuka posted:

:yeah:

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

l33tc4k30fd00m posted:

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I watched episode 2 of Cheer Fruits, and it was kind of boring, but then it got real gay real quick. Still, a weak ep, overall.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

cantaloupe has stepped up to be the villain in the stage show of life, and i will defeat him

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I watched episode 2 of Cheer Fruits, and it was kind of boring, but then it got real gay real quick. Still, a weak ep, overall.

Ep 3 has some of the more impressive stunts only possible through the powers of RHYTHMIC GYMNASTICS!

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

this show is boring as hell, but hey theres lesbians! *jacking off motion*

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sounds good

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/gwotaku/status/892352324366209025

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Rip that thing I used to watch a Gundam show once

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

sucks, but they were never competitive in streaming so i don't think this should be too bad

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Daisuki had a few exclusive things that were only available there outside of some horrible fansubs so hopefully those things can find their way to another service quickly.

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting
Episode 2 of Cheer Fruits was really weak and had me questioning whether the show would be worth continuing, but episodes 3 and 4 have both been a great time. Definitely an overlooked highlight this season.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

Rip that thing I used to watch a Gundam show once

And OPM.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

esselfortium posted:

Episode 2 of Cheer Fruits was really weak and had me questioning whether the show would be worth continuing, but episodes 3 and 4 have both been a great time. Definitely an overlooked highlight this season.

Tsundere Rich Drilltails really adds a spark of energy to the series.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I haven't given it more than one ep yet, but Cheer Fruits was better than I expected. Rest depends on whether the massive cast they plan on piling on down the line helps or hurts it.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Davincie posted:

this show is boring as hell, but hey theres lesbians! *jacking off motion*

wait a minute *looks at papers on desk* these statements don't match up at all!

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The episode of Cheer Fruits I watched was very charming, regardless of how the viewer chooses to interpret the main characters' romantic preferences

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

The episode of Cheer Fruits I watched was very charming, regardless of how the viewer chooses to interpret the main characters' romantic preferences

i really liked the sports flashback stuff in the ep in question, and that's way more of the meat of the ep/their relationship than the kinda throwaway shipping joke towards the end imo

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Well, that sucks. :(

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

No Tizen app for Crunchyroll (or, unrelated, Twitch.tv either) killed it for me.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

TFW you're socially awkward and caught between an oblivious idiot and the seething resentment of the person crushing on them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Man, they're really not dragging out the volume 4 adaptation. Wonder if we'll get any volume 5 stuff this season as well.

• Locked thread